Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,360 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:41 AM

Fayemi: Why I Didn’t Campaign For APC During Edo Governorship Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayemi: Why I Didn’t Campaign For APC During Edo Governorship Election (39054 Views)

One Shot Dead, Others Injured During Edo PDP Rally / Oshiomhole Makes 'Sign Of Cross' Before Casting Vote During Edo Election / Cult Leader Stabs Man For Voting APC During The Elections In Delta. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayemi: Why I Didn’t Campaign For APC During Edo Governorship Election by bolaayenimo: 12:39pm On Oct 04, 2020
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Ekiti state governor and chairman of the Nigerian Governors Forum (NGF), Dr. Kayode Fayemi has spoken on why he did not campaign for the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the just concluded governorship election in Edo state.

He said campaigning for APC during the election would have amounted to campaigning against his colleague, Governor Godwin Obaseki who ran on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Obaseki polled a total of 307, 955 votes to defeat All Progressives Congress (APC)’s Osagie Ize-Iyamu who got 223, 619 votes, according to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

However, speaking with journalists in Lagos, Fayemi said he could not campaign for the APC in the election because his role as chairman of the Nigerian Governors Forum does not allow him to campaign against any sitting governor who is seeking reelection.

He said those who are allowed to do so are the chairmen of the APC Governors Forum headed by Governor Atiku Bagudu of Kebbi and Aminu Tambuwal who is the chairman of the PDP Governors Forum.

"I have been accused for example that I was not seen in Edo campaigning for my party or jumping around the rostrum. That is true. One, I have COVID-19 around that time and two, there is`a golden, unspoken rule in the Nigerian Governors Forum which is, the chairman of the Governors Forum does not campaign against a sitting governor”.

“Most people don’t know this but the chairman of the NGF can never campaign against a sitting governor running for election anywhere because my job is to protect, defend and to support a sitting governor whether of PDP, APC or APGA”.

“But the partisan forums, they have no apology about that. The job of Bagudu is to go and campaign for any APC governor running for office and it is the job of Tambuwal to do that for PDP governors. The NGF is about interest or issues that affect governors collectively”.

On how he has been successfully managing the affairs of the NGF “I don’t want to lay claim to having any extraordinary powers. But don’t forget, in the recent history of the Nigerian Governors Forum, I am probably the only chairman that has emerged by consensus”.

“There was no vote. PDP and APC governors agreed that I should be the chairman of the governors forum. PDP governors passionately pushed it as much as APC governors pushed it. So, even those who have it in mind that they will like to run, they immediately backed down”.

“I think that speaks to not just relationship building but also the focus of NGF itself. We are not a partisan body. We have our partisan forum. If you want to discuss partisanship, you go to Atiku Bagudu and Aminu Tambuwal. They are the chairmen of APC and PDP Governors Forum. I go there but I play a low-key role there” he said.

https://www.independent.ng/why-i-didnt-campaign-for-apc-during-edo-governorship-election-fayemi/

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi: Why I Didn’t Campaign For APC During Edo Governorship Election by techmo(m): 12:45pm On Oct 04, 2020
cool

Save the long talk Mr ingrate, just know that you can't replace yourself with anybody you like in 2022 you can't campaign for anybody because Godfatherism has ended and all man should carry their cross

When Jonathan and Fayose showed him fire we know whose doors he ran to, we also know who sponsored his first term after returning to Nigeria as as a poor Ghanian lecturer

Some people like Fayemi and Elrufai make me laugh

The major reason Kennedy family, and Bush family only grew in Political dynasty is because they don't help the lousy ingrates, they keep it within the family, never help some of this people

77 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Fayemi: Why I Didn’t Campaign For APC During Edo Governorship Election by HenryThegreat1(m): 12:45pm On Oct 04, 2020
Good one Mr. Governor.
Those who hate how you acted during the just concluded election should go and hug transformer in their street.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayemi: Why I Didn’t Campaign For APC During Edo Governorship Election by EzeYezzuz: 12:46pm On Oct 04, 2020
Stupid Betrayal

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayemi: Why I Didn’t Campaign For APC During Edo Governorship Election by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 04, 2020
Lol.. Whether APC or PDP, what the people are interested in is good governance.

Why it looks like a lot of people want APC is that most of the good politicians are currently in APC, like President Muhammadu Buhari, Professor Osinbajo, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Zulum, El-rufai, Adams Oshiomole, etc.. But the PDP is peopled with disastrous elements called politicians, with just a "microscopic few" who are good, like Governor Obaseki and Governor David Umahi.

That's why almost all well-meaning Nigerians want all APC candidates to win. So if Fayemi preferred to play neutral, that's his business as he was not the decider. His support would have amounted to nothing as the power to decide belongs to the people.

Regarding the rumor going the rounds that he's eyeing the presidential throne, all I can say is that he has the right to contest like Atiku, Peter Obi and other clowns. But one thing I am sure of is that even if all these candidates imagine themselves contesting against Professor Osinbajo in the presidential election, Osinbajo will still win in their imaginations...

So if Fayemi did what he did because of any presidential plan, then he just fooled himself.

MODIFIED

Nkwazemakennyj:
Trashhhhhhhhh......I wish some people would have preferred keeping quite than spitting trash

Your hatred for his excellency, President Mohammadu Buhari, the best President, will destroy you.. Keep wailing grin

Nkwazemakennyj:

but a dullard can be the president of your country, u see ur life?

Una go wail tire.. Nigeria is winning cheesy

Nkwazemakennyj:

Bro.... Nigerians are more wiser than you think now so pls wake up from that dream

My brother, which Nigerians? Were they foolish before? Lol, they weren't wise because they didn't vote Atiku? grin

Professor Osinbajo is coming. Better get used to the name so you won't cry later.. cheesy

God bless us.

Goke7:
Fayemi you are an hypocrite period

My brother, ignore Fayemi. We know his plan. But it's dead on arrival. grin

Jack005:
All you Zombies of Nigeria like silvernorgold supporting Apc shall reap what they sow
their lives shall be ruled just like the way Apc is ruling Nigerians D

My brother, we are not zombies. We are Patriots. We mean well for Nigeria. You didn't see where I praised some PDP governors? That's patriotism. We are after the welfare of the people. But you people, you criticize all APC leaders, whether they are right or wrong. Now that's something else.

Miosendyin:
You never log in your manny bbq account? I know say u get up to 10 or more account on NrL

Lol, that we have the interests of Nigeria at heart doesn't mean we are the same person. is a great and treasured compatriot and we are very proud of him. If all of us can display such patriotism like the youngman, Nigeria will be better than the US. cheesy

Please let's come together and move Nigeria forward.

God bless us all.

Nigeria shall be great again.

Nigeria is winning.. cheesy

God bless President Buhari.
God bless Professor Osinbajo.
God bless Nigerians.
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayemi: Why I Didn’t Campaign For APC During Edo Governorship Election by tutudesz: 12:53pm On Oct 04, 2020
Any APC governor who campaign for Ize-Iyamu knowing fully well what Oshopikin did to Obaseki was wrong, should not complain when they face the same treatment too.

"He said campaigning for APC during the election would have amounted to campaigning against his colleague"
How can he campaign against a friend cool

19 Likes

Re: Fayemi: Why I Didn’t Campaign For APC During Edo Governorship Election by nuban07(m): 12:56pm On Oct 04, 2020
See excuse, politicians and lie are 5 & 6.

3 Likes

Re: Fayemi: Why I Didn’t Campaign For APC During Edo Governorship Election by techmo(m): 12:56pm On Oct 04, 2020
tutudesz:
Any APC governor who campaign for Ize-Iyamu knowing fully well what Oshopikin did to Obaseki was wrong, should not complain when they face the same treatment too.

"He said campaigning for APC during the election would have amounted to campaigning against his colleague"
How can he campaign against a friend cool

What wrong did Oshiomhole do to Obaseki

Please tell us

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayemi: Why I Didn’t Campaign For APC During Edo Governorship Election by naija4life247: 12:58pm On Oct 04, 2020
The day of reckoning is coming. You will use Google to check "how to stop crying".

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi: Why I Didn’t Campaign For APC During Edo Governorship Election by IamWonderful: 12:59pm On Oct 04, 2020
We know the plot of fayemi and Elrufai

6 Likes

Re: Fayemi: Why I Didn’t Campaign For APC During Edo Governorship Election by Amotolongbo(f): 1:02pm On Oct 04, 2020
Lol.
He shall must find excuse.

But why were his allies in APC, El Rufai, Amechi and Atiku Bagudu (APC Governor’s Forum Chairman) also absent at the campaign?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayemi: Why I Didn’t Campaign For APC During Edo Governorship Election by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 04, 2020
They will all have excuses.
Re: Fayemi: Why I Didn’t Campaign For APC During Edo Governorship Election by tutudesz: 1:28pm On Oct 04, 2020
techmo:

What wrong did Oshiomhole do to Obaseki

Please tell us

So what Oshopikin did to Obaseki was right

9 Likes

Re: Fayemi: Why I Didn’t Campaign For APC During Edo Governorship Election by techmo(m): 1:31pm On Oct 04, 2020
tutudesz:

So what Oshopikin did to Obaseki was right

What did he do tell us

5 Likes

Re: Fayemi: Why I Didn’t Campaign For APC During Edo Governorship Election by sapientia(m): 1:32pm On Oct 04, 2020
SilverNorGold:

Why it looks like a lot of people want APC is that most of the good politicians are currently in APC, like President Muhammadu Buhari, Professor Osinbajo, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Zulum, El-rufai, Adams Oshiomole, etc.. But the PDP is peopled with disastrous elements called politicians, with just a "microscopic few" who are good, like Governor Obaseki and Governor David Umahi.

That's why almost all well-meaning Nigerians want all APC candidates to win. So if Fayemi preferred to play neutral, that's his business as he was not the decider. His support would have amounted to nothing as the power to decide belongs to the people.

Regarding the rumor going the rounds that he's eyeing the presidential throne, all I can say is that he has the right to contest like Atiku, Peter Obi and other clowns. But one thing I am sure of is that even if all these candidates imagine themselves contesting against Professor Osinbajo in the presidential election, Osinbajo will still win in their imaginations...

So if Fayemi did what he did because of any presidential plan, then he just fooled himself.

Signed

NL Zone B

God bless Nigerians.
Re: Fayemi: Why I Didn’t Campaign For APC During Edo Governorship Election by Flexherbal(m): 1:37pm On Oct 04, 2020
“Most people don’t know this but the chairman of the NGF can never campaign against a sitting governor running for election anywhere because my job is to protect, defend and to support a sitting governor whether of PDP, APC or APGA”.

We have heard you.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi: Why I Didn’t Campaign For APC During Edo Governorship Election by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 04, 2020
He did the right thing. Nigerian Governors Forum is not the same as APC Governors Forum. Besides, Obaseki is his colleague and friend. Only sneaky snakes betray friends.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi: Why I Didn’t Campaign For APC During Edo Governorship Election by nairavsdollars(f): 1:57pm On Oct 04, 2020
His excuse is acceptable and logical

10 Likes

Re: Fayemi: Why I Didn’t Campaign For APC During Edo Governorship Election by etokhana: 2:00pm On Oct 04, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi: Why I Didn’t Campaign For APC During Edo Governorship Election by ovieigho(m): 2:03pm On Oct 04, 2020
techmo:
cool

Save the long talk Mr ingrate, just know that you can't replace yourself with anybody you like in 2022 you can't campaign for anybody because Godfatherism has ended and all man should carry their cross

When Jonathan and Fayose showed him fire we know whose doors he ran to, we also know who sponsored his first term after returning to Nigeria as as a poor Ghanian lecturer

The major reason Kennedy family, and Bush family only grew in Political dynasty is because they don't help the lousy ingrates, they keep it within the family, never help some of this people

Guy chill na

Why are you crying more than the bereaved?

Who sponsored him?
Where does the money with which he was sponsored from!
Was the money from heaven or same common wealth of you and I ?
You got to be smart if you must take of the National cake and you can’t be a baby for life

The man has grown up politically and let’s give him the kudos
And by the way ? Is reasons are justified!
Obaseki was technically an APC Governor if not for your power drunk Tinubu and Oshiomhole

You all want people to do follow follow till they die?

18 Likes

Re: Fayemi: Why I Didn’t Campaign For APC During Edo Governorship Election by nairavsdollars(f): 2:07pm On Oct 04, 2020
We know the camp.you belong to

techmo:
cool

5 Likes

Re: Fayemi: Why I Didn’t Campaign For APC During Edo Governorship Election by Maxymilliano(m): 2:27pm On Oct 04, 2020
But he hasn't showed up for Aketi's reelection
campaign either or is Jegede a sitting governor too ?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi: Why I Didn’t Campaign For APC During Edo Governorship Election by WATCHOVER(m): 2:46pm On Oct 04, 2020
You made no sense
SilverNorGold:

God bless Nigerians.

7 Likes

Re: Fayemi: Why I Didn’t Campaign For APC During Edo Governorship Election by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 04, 2020
WATCHOVER:
You made no sense

No one is stopping you from making sense, my brother.. Stop wailing grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayemi: Why I Didn’t Campaign For APC During Edo Governorship Election by Nobody: 3:24pm On Oct 04, 2020
sapientia:
Signed

NL Zone B .

All you enemies of Nigeria opposing the good and patriotic citizens of Nigeria will keep on failing.. Keep quoting cheesy

1 Like

Re: Fayemi: Why I Didn’t Campaign For APC During Edo Governorship Election by DeMoneyGenius: 3:29pm On Oct 04, 2020
Whatever.
Only stupid people still believe in the PDP, APC nonsense.
Those folks just see a party as a launchpad to cross the bridge and join the looting wagon.
No difference between any of them.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi: Why I Didn’t Campaign For APC During Edo Governorship Election by Balenciagaokey: 3:29pm On Oct 04, 2020
cool
Re: Fayemi: Why I Didn’t Campaign For APC During Edo Governorship Election by toluleke(m): 3:30pm On Oct 04, 2020
Whether you campaign or not You guys will scatter, party for suffering apc just scattered everywhere
Re: Fayemi: Why I Didn’t Campaign For APC During Edo Governorship Election by seborrhic: 3:30pm On Oct 04, 2020
Rubbish.
His campaigning for APC won't av made any difference,so what is he saying.
Some of these Nigerian politicians think they have any sort of influence on voting in a free/fair election.
It's only when they have money to use in buying votes,they sometimes av an impact,otherwise someone like Fayemi can't even sway 100 voters to iyamu's side.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi: Why I Didn’t Campaign For APC During Edo Governorship Election by success1smyn(m): 3:31pm On Oct 04, 2020
ok

I still wonder what difference his campaign would have made. Edo people are the voters not Ekiti people. And they have decided their leader for the next four years through the ballot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Owo Church Attack: "Possibly A Drug War" - Kemi Olunloyo / Buhari Sets To SACK Service Chiefs, Retains Police IG Arase - NewTelegraphonline / Atiku Watching Nigeria Vs South Africa AWCON Final Match - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.