Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,580 members, 7,847,453 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:43 PM

Who Are The People Of Wase And Kanam Emirates? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Are The People Of Wase And Kanam Emirates? (1958 Views)

Plateau: Over 70 Killed In Kanam Communities’ Attack / Speaker, Gbajabiamila & Deputy Speaker, Wase Visit President Buhari / Saraki Congratulates Lawan, Omo-Agege, Femi Gbajabiamila, Idris Wase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Are The People Of Wase And Kanam Emirates? by garfield1: 10:22am On Oct 05, 2020
I discovered that they are two emirates in plateau,kanam and wase.I want to know more about them and how come they are Emirates in plateau.

Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Dominique
Asobo
Abduljabbar
Ceowaltz
Arrewa
Dunka
Re: Who Are The People Of Wase And Kanam Emirates? by garfield1: 12:44pm On Oct 07, 2020
Kyase,where are you
Re: Who Are The People Of Wase And Kanam Emirates? by Kyase(m): 1:23pm On Oct 07, 2020
garfield1:
Kyase,where are you

The wase are mixed, both Muslim and christains, in a family you can have both, just like the yorubas, they mainly famers and minners

Whereas the kanam are mainly farmers and a christain area.
Less I forget those are local governments
The wase people never attack each other in religious war, it has never happened and I don't think it will ever happen.
Garfield1
Re: Who Are The People Of Wase And Kanam Emirates? by garfield1: 1:48pm On Oct 07, 2020
Kyase:

The wase are mixed, both Muslim and christains, in a family you can have both, just like the yorubas, they mainly famers and minners

The wase people never attack each other in religious war, it has never happened and I don't think it will ever happen.
Garfield1

How come both lgas are Emirates?
Re: Who Are The People Of Wase And Kanam Emirates? by Kyase(m): 1:49pm On Oct 07, 2020
garfield1:

How come both lgas are Emirates?
Nope only wase
The kanam have a sarki(king)
Re: Who Are The People Of Wase And Kanam Emirates? by garfield1: 2:01pm On Oct 07, 2020
Kyase:

Nope only wase
The kanam have a sarki(king)

Noo,check online.you will see emir of kanan one muhammadu.just like wase,they usually give apc bloc votes...

By the way,I heard that gemade is contesting for gov
Re: Who Are The People Of Wase And Kanam Emirates? by Kyase(m): 2:35pm On Oct 07, 2020
garfield1:

Noo,check online.you will see emir of kanan one muhammadu.just like wase,they usually give apc bloc votes...

What you saw there is not the truth, there's no emir in Kanan.
That man named himself emir.
Just like yesterday over the radio here in Kano, a caller referred himself as emir of Lagos.
The man is not recognize, by any official body

I heard that too but there is no confirmation, that was the reason why he returned to APC
Re: Who Are The People Of Wase And Kanam Emirates? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Oct 07, 2020
Kyase:

Garfield1
wase people no attack ke? Go read about the genocide that happened there in 2004
Re: Who Are The People Of Wase And Kanam Emirates? by slivertongue: 3:03pm On Oct 07, 2020
wase is home to fulanis, tarok, tiv, jukum etc

Kanam are native people of diverse tongues. both have a high Muslim population. the peoples of kanam are more friendly and at home than wase people

1 Like

Re: Who Are The People Of Wase And Kanam Emirates? by slivertongue: 3:05pm On Oct 07, 2020
Kyase:
Nope only wase The kanam have a sarki(king)
emir kanam
Re: Who Are The People Of Wase And Kanam Emirates? by Kyase(m): 3:06pm On Oct 07, 2020
GBOKASINCHA:
wase people no attack ke? Go read about the genocide that happened there in 2004
We all know what really happened then na
Re: Who Are The People Of Wase And Kanam Emirates? by Kyase(m): 3:06pm On Oct 07, 2020
slivertongue:

emir kanam

Self acclaim emir with no Emirate
Re: Who Are The People Of Wase And Kanam Emirates? by slivertongue: 3:07pm On Oct 07, 2020
garfield1:

block vote ke.
Re: Who Are The People Of Wase And Kanam Emirates? by slivertongue: 3:08pm On Oct 07, 2020
Kyase:

Self acclaim emir with no Emirate

jokes apart he is a first class chief
Re: Who Are The People Of Wase And Kanam Emirates? by garfield1: 3:09pm On Oct 07, 2020
slivertongue:

block vote ke.

51,000 to 18000 is what?
Re: Who Are The People Of Wase And Kanam Emirates? by slivertongue: 3:11pm On Oct 07, 2020
Kyase:

What you saw there is not the truth, there's no emir in Kanan.
That man named himself emir.
Just like yesterday over the radio here in Kano, a caller referred himself as emir of Lagos.
The man is not recognize, by any official body

I heard that too but there is no confirmation, that was the reason why he returned to APC

please be properly informed kanam has an emirate recognised by govt dating back to pre independence
Re: Who Are The People Of Wase And Kanam Emirates? by slivertongue: 3:14pm On Oct 07, 2020
garfield1:

51,000 to 18000 is what?

this is the problem with you.

you start a discourse , you then derail it. is this thread on politics of block votes

1 Like

Re: Who Are The People Of Wase And Kanam Emirates? by Charmingrascal(m): 3:24pm On Oct 07, 2020
Kyase:
Nope only wase The kanam have a sarki(king)
Seriously I never knew there is an Emirate in Plateau
Re: Who Are The People Of Wase And Kanam Emirates? by garfield1: 3:36pm On Oct 07, 2020
slivertongue:

this is the problem with you.

you start a discourse , you then derail it. is this thread on politics of block votes

You derailed it first by saying "block vote ke".
Re: Who Are The People Of Wase And Kanam Emirates? by slivertongue: 3:46pm On Oct 07, 2020
garfield1:

You derailed it first by saying "block vote ke".

you introduced politics into a thread which is ethnographic. " Who Are The People Of Wase And Kanam Emirates?"

The discourse should be about unveiling the people that make up these emirates and not about who voted who.

1 Like

Re: Who Are The People Of Wase And Kanam Emirates? by slivertongue: 3:51pm On Oct 07, 2020
Charmingrascal:

They tried to form an Emirates two months ago and it generated a lot of controversies that even the Governor was drag into it.
They had to abort the plan, I don't think there is an Emirate in Plateau that I know of since I have been staying here.

Sir, there are two emirates as mentioned by the Op. The one u speak of is in jos south where settlers tried to create an emirate using the media or better put social media but their hosts tamed them.
Re: Who Are The People Of Wase And Kanam Emirates? by Charmingrascal(m): 3:55pm On Oct 07, 2020
slivertongue:

Sir, there are two emirates as mentioned by the Op. The one u speak of is in jos south where settlers tried to create an emirate using the media or better put social media but their hosts tamed them.

Thanks for the info Sir.
I never knew
Re: Who Are The People Of Wase And Kanam Emirates? by slivertongue: 4:01pm On Oct 07, 2020
Charmingrascal:

Thanks for the info Sir.
I never knew

thanks boss.

they are there but aint prominent because the kingdoms and chiefdoms which litter the landscape have dominated and have outshined them. In fact only Muslims subscribe to these emirates. non Muslims are on their own
Re: Who Are The People Of Wase And Kanam Emirates? by garfield1: 4:12pm On Oct 07, 2020
slivertongue:

you introduced politics into a thread which is ethnographic. " Who Are The People Of Wase And Kanam Emirates?"

The discourse should be about unveiling the people that make up these emirates and not about who voted who.

I agree.it was an aside,a digression.it is part of the political history of the aforementioned people
Re: Who Are The People Of Wase And Kanam Emirates? by Kyase(m): 4:43pm On Oct 07, 2020
Charmingrascal:

Seriously I never knew there is an Emirate in Plateau
There have been for years, Jos almost became an Emirates years ago
Re: Who Are The People Of Wase And Kanam Emirates? by slivertongue: 5:06pm On Oct 07, 2020
Kyase:

There have been for years, Jos almost became an Emirates years ago

kyase hankali ooo

jos have/has never contemplated that even under the colonialist not to talk of in contemporary times

2 Likes

Re: Who Are The People Of Wase And Kanam Emirates? by Kyase(m): 5:21pm On Oct 07, 2020
slivertongue:

please be properly informed kanam has an emirate recognised by govt dating back to pre independence
Noted
Re: Who Are The People Of Wase And Kanam Emirates? by Kyase(m): 5:22pm On Oct 07, 2020
slivertongue:

kyase hankali ooo

jos have/has never contemplated that even under the colonialist not to talk of in contemporary times

There was plan to turn plateau, most especially Jos, to a Muslim area. Everybody knows that
Re: Who Are The People Of Wase And Kanam Emirates? by slivertongue: 5:31pm On Oct 07, 2020
Kyase:

There was plan to turn plateau, most especially Jos, to a Muslim area. Everybody knows that

hahahaha!!! speculation
uthman danfodio failed so who will try and succeed. the indigenous Muslims are too few and don't cause much trouble. the drama in jos has always been to raise money from their diaspora folks in the name of islam. this strategy is applied in most indigenous areas of central Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Who Are The People Of Wase And Kanam Emirates? by Kyase(m): 5:47pm On Oct 07, 2020
slivertongue:

hahahaha!!! speculation
uthman danfodio failed so who will try and succeed. the indigenous Muslims are too few and don't cause much trouble. the drama in jos has always been to raise money from their diaspora folks in the name of islam. this strategy is applied in most indigenous areas of central Nigeria
And yours is not speculation right
Re: Who Are The People Of Wase And Kanam Emirates? by eebraa(m): 9:34pm On Oct 11, 2023
There are 2 Emirates with first class chiefs in Plateau state! Wase and Kanam Emirates and they are predominantly Muslims! Wase emirate is ruled by fulanis while the other tribes in the local government have their own chiefs who are mostly Muslims and 2nd class or 3rd class chiefs. Kanam Emirates is ruled by the Boghom tribe and there are other tribes in Kanam who have their own chiefs.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Do You Know The Southern Government Can Ban Nigeria Military From The Region / Video Of Okorocha Reciting The Quran, As He Declares For President In 2023 / Southern Presidency: OBJ Backs Obi, Woos Wike, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.