Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,073 members, 7,818,205 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

My Cucumber Farm Dairy - Agriculture (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Cucumber Farm Dairy (118483 Views)

My Profitable Cucumber Farm . / First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary / Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (72) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by LovesonBlezz(m): 7:26pm On Oct 19, 2021
I went to my farm today,l observed this in one stand. Pls is this a disease Make l start to battle am... Or just natural colouration angry

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nezzjnr: 10:04pm On Oct 19, 2021
LovesonBlezz:
I went to my farm today,l observed this in one stand. Pls is this a disease Make l start to battle am... Or just natural colouration angry
No Magnesium
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by LovesonBlezz(m): 8:22am On Oct 20, 2021
Nezzjnr:

No Magnesium
what's the solution bro? I noticed it on only one stand, can other stands be affected? For now l only spray forliar fertilizer once a week
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nezzjnr: 8:28am On Oct 20, 2021
LovesonBlezz:
what's the solution bro? I noticed it on only one stand, can other stands be affected? For now l only spray forliar fertilizer once a week
Magnesium Sulphate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by bassey25(m): 9:24am On Oct 20, 2021
uche393:
I bought it from amadrip/amagrows here they weighbilled it to my state
500m drip and 30 connectors 23k
Please can I get a contact of the ama gro guys. I also need 500 meter drip and I will like to know the price of 1000 Meter drip also . Abeg boss. Na urgent matter
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by bassey25(m): 9:26am On Oct 20, 2021
Nezzjnr:

Magnesium Sulphate
please, can this magnesium sulphate be gotten from Epsom salt
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nezzjnr: 9:30am On Oct 20, 2021
bassey25:
please, can this magnesium sulphate be gotten from Epsom salt
Yes Sir
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Ufeolorun(m): 1:21pm On Oct 20, 2021
LovesonBlezz:

It looks like mg. Issue but since you spray foliar fertiliser, it could be a chemical burn.
So you may wish to monitor things for a little while before rushing out Epsom salt.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by LovesonBlezz(m): 1:58pm On Oct 20, 2021
Ufeolorun:

It looks like mg. Issue but since you spray foliar fertiliser, it could be a chemical burn.
So you may wish to monitor things for a little while before rushing out Epsom salt.
Alright
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 10:28am On Oct 21, 2021
fiddzy:
Sir pls what is your reason for not preferring murano. Me my market na long and dark green o. Its preferred to the shoter one I don't know why .
Downy mildew resistance and green level.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 10:34am On Oct 21, 2021
LovesonBlezz:
Downy mildew infection.... nothing you can do about it than to start managing it, cut the affected part, spray fungicide twice in week (preferably Cabrio@50ml in the evening) no how! you will see your own before it life span end.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by LovesonBlezz(m): 11:28am On Oct 21, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
Downy mildew infection.... nothing you can do about it than to start managing it, cut the affected part, spray fungicide twice in week (preferably Cabrio@50ml in the evening) no how! you will see your own before it life span end.
okay boss, thanks... I have Cabrio on ground already. I've spread once though, definitely going to spray it tomorrow. Can l mix Cabrio with the forliar fertilizer and spray cos l was planning to spray forliar tomorrow
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by fiddzy(m): 5:51am On Oct 22, 2021
cry
Farmerakinloye6:
Downy mildew resistance and green level.
sir u mean the downy mildew resistance is not satisfactory? But murano can come out dark green too I use magnesium sulphate on it.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by flowmama: 7:39am On Oct 22, 2021
fiddzy:
cry sir u mean the downy mildew resistance is not satisfactory? But murano can come out dark green too I use magnesium sulphate on it.

Whats is the dosage used per knapsack for foliar pls?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by fiddzy(m): 8:42am On Oct 22, 2021
flowmama:

Whats is the dosage used per knapsack for foliar pls?
I use 50 grams per knapsack. It is a micro nutrient.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by flowmama: 8:54am On Oct 22, 2021
fiddzy:
I use 50 grams per knapsack. It is a micro nutrient.

Thanks.

But instead of using Mag sulphate as micro, why not by chelated micronutrient and apply as foliar. This contain lots of other micronutrients

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by fiddzy(m): 4:28pm On Oct 22, 2021
flowmama:

Thanks.

But instead of using Mag sulphate as micro, why not by chelated micronutrient and apply as foliar. This contain lots of other micronutrients
you can use that too, but check the recommended dosage. As a farmer u have to make the most of what u have during production, when chelated micronutrients is not readily available i opt for epsom salt.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by fiddzy(m): 4:29pm On Oct 22, 2021
flowmama:

Thanks.

how much does it cost by the way.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 1:19pm On Oct 24, 2021
fiddzy:
cry sir u mean the downy mildew resistance is not satisfactory? But murano can come out dark green too I use magnesium sulphate on it.
yes! Downy mildew is not satisfactory, and is not green enough for my market.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 1:44pm On Oct 24, 2021
LovesonBlezz:
okay boss, thanks... I have Cabrio on ground already. I've spread once though, definitely going to spray it tomorrow. Can l mix Cabrio with the forliar fertilizer and spray cos l was planning to spray forliar tomorrow
personally I don't like it.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Olaleyeabdullah(m): 3:15pm On Oct 24, 2021
bassey25:

Please can I get a contact of the ama gro guys. I also need 500 meter drip and I will like to know the price of 1000 Meter drip also . Abeg boss. Na urgent matter
are you still in need of drip tape? Cedagro have the 50cm drip tape at 63k for 2000m. We both can share it into two if you still have interest.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by ideepaul: 8:55pm On Oct 24, 2021
I hope we all know that cabrio duo has a 7day preharvest interval, so from spraying to harvest can't be less than 7days if we follow standard practice, taking into account the implications of long term exposure to such chemicals, I am not castigating anyone for using cabrio, as I use it too, but at a different growth stage, just wanted us to think critically and come up with solutions that are effective, and also consumer friendly! Good evening ladies and gentlemen!

2 Likes

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nezzjnr: 10:10pm On Oct 24, 2021
ideepaul:
I hope we all know that cabrio duo has a 7day preharvest interval, so from spraying to harvest can't be less than 7days if we follow standard practice, taking into account the implications of long term exposure to such chemicals, I am not castigating anyone for using cabrio, as I use it too, but at a different growth stage, just wanted us to think critically and come up with solutions that are effective, and also consumer friendly! Good evening ladies and gentlemen!
It's meant to be once in 7 days.

Twice during raining season
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by ideepaul: 6:38am On Oct 25, 2021
Nezzjnr:

It's meant to be once in 7 days.

Twice during raining season
When you spray cabrio duo, ethically, you can't harvest anything from such a farm until you meet the 7days preharvest interval! Same thing applies with some pesticides we use. My recommendation would be to use cabrio duo during the flowering stage and switch to a mancozeb based fungicide during the fruiting stage, space out crops for more aeration, and feed your crops properly
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nezzjnr: 6:56am On Oct 25, 2021
ideepaul:

When you spray cabrio duo, ethically, you can't harvest anything from such a farm until you meet the 7days preharvest interval! Same thing applies with some pesticides we use. My recommendation would be to use cabrio duo during the flowering stage and switch to a mancozeb based fungicide during the fruiting stage, space out crops for more aeration, and feed your crops properly
Everyone should just do what works for them so far they're getting it right.

I spray after every harvest.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by bassey25(m): 8:50am On Oct 25, 2021
Olaleyeabdullah:
are you still in need of drip tape? Cedagro have the 50cm drip tape at 63k for 2000m. We both can share it into two if you still have interest.
Yes I am still in need of it but I need a 30 cm drip spacing of both 1000 metet or 500. Al I want is an available 30 cm drip urgently I DNT mind if it's 1000 meter or 500 meter. Please in case you have or anyone does. Let me know
Please WhatsApp 08034957525. I can't pick calls now cus I have hearing issues. Thanks
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by fiddzy(m): 11:01am On Oct 25, 2021
Boss Farmerakinloye6, I intend using seedling trays with cocopeat for my dry season production . The place dey inside bush small but na roadside sha with borehole. I don't want to do direct planting because of increased insect presence during dry season . Pls other farmers too can contribute. How long will my seedlings be in nursery before transplanting to the field. I know tomatoe is like 3-4 weeks but don't really know about cucs. Make the thing no go overstay .
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by flowmama: 11:22am On Oct 25, 2021
fiddzy:
Boss Farmerakinloye6, I intend using seedling trays with cocopeat for my dry season production . The place dey inside bush small but na roadside sha with borehole. I don't want to do direct planting because of increased insect presence during dry season . Pls other farmers too can contribute. How long will my seedlings be in nursery before transplanting to the field. I know tomatoe is like 3-4 weeks but don't really know about cucs. Make the thing no go overstay .

4 to 5days okay. Make sure you push the tray from beneath before pulling the seedlings to avoid root disturbance.

Also, makes sure you don't place the trays directly on the soil so the roots don't attach to the soil when ready to transplant. Cucumber seedlings are very delicate.

Overall, doing nursery saves lots of seeds from wastage.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by fiddzy(m): 12:06pm On Oct 25, 2021
flowmama:

4 to 5days okay. Make sure you push the tray from beneath before pulling the seedlings to avoid root disturbance.

Also, makes sure you don't place the trays directly on the soil so the roots don't attach to the soil when ready to transplant. Cucumber seedlings are very delicate.

thanks
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 1:55pm On Oct 25, 2021
fiddzy:
depends on weather ( temperature) sometimes I transplant on the 5th days why sometimes I wait till 8-9days, the last one I transplanted was on the 9th day.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 2:07pm On Oct 25, 2021
flowmama:

I normally put all my seedling trays on soil ( nursery) both cucumber and tomato, the idea is for the seedling to tap nutrients since am not using manure nor fertilizer with the cocopeat, and I always have excellent nursery result. The only 1 time I have issue with my seedlings is when I bought fake Cocopeat

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (72) (Reply)

Quality Bulldozer Land Clearing Service Nationwide. Reliable services. / 10 Leading Farms In Nigeria, Their Owners / The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.