Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,230 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

My Cucumber Farm Dairy - Agriculture (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Cucumber Farm Dairy (118487 Views)

My Profitable Cucumber Farm . / First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary / Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (72) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nezzjnr: 10:32pm On Nov 29, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
I sold 5.5-5k this morning. Hmmm... this year work is coming to an end.. preparation for next year loading... open new forest, and expand to 20,000 stand. I have already booked down 30 bags of 100kg manure.
2 acres ryt
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 3:47pm On Nov 30, 2021
bassey25:

Weldone brother.! Please the you use,is it mixed with saw dust or the one directly from layers pen! Currently, I am in a location. Where I have access to excess manure . Especially the ones directly from layers pen(not mixed with sawdust but wet). I also have another location closer where they raise the layers on the floor and the manure is mixed with saw dust.but wondering which would be better.
one with no sawdust,but make sure it is cure( dry) before you use it.

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by joeking2222: 2:05pm On Dec 01, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
one with no sawdust,but make sure it is cure( dry) before you use it.
Good afternoon mr akin, happy new month sir. I can see you are doing great works, and very kind hearted as well. Please, i dont knw if there is any form of vacancy at ur farm, or you knw someone looking for a reliable and honest person to manage his or her farm. Please, kindly connect me, i am very much in need of a job. I am graduate of agricultural science, with expertise in fisheries and aquaculture, as well having good knowledge about broiler production, and some crop production. Thanks
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 6:29pm On Dec 02, 2021
Wonder1844:
Pls which liquid fertilizer will you recommend for cucumber . Thanks
never try any one before.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 6:40pm On Dec 02, 2021
joeking2222:

Good afternoon mr akin, happy new month sir. I can see you are doing great works, and very kind hearted as well. Please, i dont knw if there is any form of vacancy at ur farm, or you knw someone looking for a reliable and honest person to manage his or her farm. Please, kindly connect me, i am very much in need of a job. I am graduate of agricultural science, with expertise in fisheries and aquaculture, as well having good knowledge about broiler production, and some crop production. Thanks
to see direct manager role in this kind of commodity I grow is not easy. Most times, we always promote faithful and handwork labourer (add to his money) to that post, yet he will still be working too. 1 time meal in a day, #6000 allowance every month, accomodation and #156,0000 at the end of the year. If you think you can do It let me know ASAP.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by joeking2222: 7:04pm On Dec 02, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
to see direct manager role in this kind of commodity I grow is not easy. Most times, we always promote faithful and handwork labourer (add to his money) to that post, yet he will still be working too. 1 time meal in a day, #6000 allowance every month, accomodation and #156,0000 at the end of the year. If you think you can do It let me know ASAP.
Thanks for your feedback sir. Sir, i need more clarification on this monthly allowance stuff.........na 60k u wan talk, abi na 6k? Maybe na me no dey see am clearly!!!
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 1:13pm On Dec 03, 2021
precioustim:
Please I'm in need of Greengo 918 F1 Seed up to 12pkts. Where can I see to buy ASAP?... Thanks.
it available #11,500. If you need message me ASAP.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 9:39am On Dec 08, 2021
I sold 5.5k this morning which is the grin last one for this year....till next year! Is cucumber worth doing? my answer is Capital YES provided you know the rope, and self discipline.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by orpeeh: 11:53am On Dec 08, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
I sold 5.5k this morning which is the grin last one for this year....till next year! Is cucumber worth doing? my answer is Capital YES provided you know the rope, and self discipline.
you guys are making cool cash, here in Ibadan cucumber is still within 4,000-4,500(bodija axis)
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Lawalmuda(m): 8:02pm On Dec 14, 2021
What is possible output of 3000 plant of cucumber if well manage
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Hybkay(m): 3:03pm On Dec 15, 2021
orpeeh:
you guys are making cool cash, here in Ibadan cucumber is still within 4,000-4,500(bodija axis)
people buy @5500 per bag
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by hadex90(m): 4:19pm On Dec 16, 2021
Hi farmer Akin and other elites in the house, please is it advisable to plant cucumber in January. If yes, please which breed is advisable to plant?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by orpeeh: 12:27am On Dec 17, 2021
Hybkay:
people buy @5500 per bag
location pls
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 9:04am On Dec 17, 2021
hadex90:
Hi farmer Akin and other elites in the house, please is it advisable to plant cucumber in January. If yes, please which breed is advisable to plant?
sure there will be market for it when your cucumber is out, lots of us are not planting at the moment (holiday/resting). Try greengo. you may experience bitter cucumber due to hot weather though.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by mamaaustin(f): 9:37am On Dec 17, 2021
Although I am not the one that posted the question, i would like more insight into this answer.

So what are the ways to overcome bitter tasting cucumbers during the hot weather? Is it through irrigation or use of shade nets (I have heard that shade nets helps to reduce the intensity of the heat effect on the crops).

Farmerakinloye6:
sure there will be market for it when your cucumber is out, lots of us are not planting at the moment (holiday/resting). Try greengo. you may experience bitter cucumber due to hot weather though.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by hadex90(m): 11:00am On Dec 17, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
thanks. Please do you know where I can get greengo in Ogun state or anybody that can send. Am installing my drip very soon thanks to your analysis on your other thread.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by hadex90(m): 11:03am On Dec 17, 2021
mamaaustin:
Although I am not the one that posted the question, i would like more insight into this answer.

So what are the ways to overcome bitter tasting cucumbers during the hot weather? Is it through irrigation or use of shade nets (I have heard that shade nets helps to reduce the intensity of the heat effect on the crops). I think ones it gets enough water it will not be bitter, I planted this time last year although with hose to water and I used a seed that was removed so I don't know the name, I lost the farm due to intense heat as wetting 3plot with hose is a very tedious task

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Ufeolorun(m): 5:59pm On Dec 17, 2021
[quote author=hadex90 post=108577828][/quote] irrigation irrigation and more irrigation but if you are using a saved seed then I don't know.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Olaleyeabdullah(m): 7:45pm On Dec 18, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
this bitter cucumber can still be avoided by proper irrigation right?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by HoneyWholesaler: 1:45pm On Dec 19, 2021
P.S. For the least expensive wholesaler of original undiluted HONEY straight from the bee farm, check my signature
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 9:46pm On Dec 19, 2021
Olaleyeabdullah:
this bitter cucumber can still be avoided by proper irrigation right?
like how many minutes or hour in a day? True with enough water you can almost! But you will still see some cukes that will be bitter. Also, yields cannot be compare to ones we plant April-may.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by abouzaid: 7:37pm On Dec 20, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
like how many minutes or hour in a day? True with enough water you can almost! But you will still see some cukes that will be bitter. Also, yields cannot be compare to ones we plant April-may.
good day chairman, do you think it's possible to make a profit of 3 million naira annually from cultivating about 5000 stands of cucumber year round using irrigation.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by ideepaul: 7:40pm On Dec 20, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
Maybe it's associated with the cultivar, if you have proper crop management practices and it's still bitter, then I would suspect these dark cucumber cultivars or maybe your area is hotter than some zones.
cuz I barely have issues with bitter cucumbers, except like when I had challenges with irrigation for extended periods early this year (story for another day sadly).
I would rather use shade nets for coloured capsicums than for cucumbers, both are profitable though, but if properly managed(not for newbies o), ROI is higher with coloured capsicums, be ready to prune and trellis for sustained production and for products of higher quality and grade
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by hadex90(m): 4:32am On Dec 28, 2021
hi house, please i need a clarification on this:
Is there a special method of nursing the seed. what if i plant directly on field will it not germinate
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by hadex90(m): 4:39am On Dec 28, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
it available #11,500. If you need message me ASAP.
hi, please is this still available? plus can you send to lagos?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Phoeberesources(f): 5:46am On Dec 28, 2021
Hybrid jumbo guava seedling are readily available for sale in large quantity

Orders yours now

Location Ibadan
( we offer easy transportation)

Follow us on our social media handle
Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/semilore.olusanmi

https://www./640385153593149/?refshare
@semiloreolusanmi. https://www.instagram.com/invites/contact/?i=1j7t2vld8hrv5&utm_content=431zb3q

WhatsApp
https:///FuW4c8xWinI738kzHCRqIR

https:///IHgbiaIV50t70kIJrujrXC

Nairaland forum
https://www.nairaland.com/phoeberesources

Jiji
https:///create-opinion/user4455206

Chat us on

OTHER SEEDLINGS AVAILABLE ���
Dwarf Pawpaw, Date palm, Avocado pear, Grapevine, Stevia, Bitter leaf, Water leaf, Pineapple, Pomegranate, Local pear/Ube, Miracle fruit, Moringa,Passion fruit,Strawberry, Mango, Spinach,Kolanut,Bitter cola,Stevia,Plantain (cameroon,elephant)Banana (Cavendish), Gauva, Ugwu,
Tenera,Spinach,Irvingia ogbono/oro, Neem/DongoYaro,Almond, Aggbalumo/udara/cherry, Coconut, African Walnut,
Breadfruit,Jackfruit, Noni, Bell apple, Sugar apple, Wanbugu apple.....

SEEDS �����️���
Watermelon, Okra, Tomatoes, Pepper Onion, cabbage, Lettuce, Carrot, Cucumber,rice, yam,Cassava,sunflower, flaxseed, sesame, alfalfa, jute, ewedu, garden egg, beans,soya beans, seedling nylon, seed tray, Insecticides, fertilizers…
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 9:31am On Dec 28, 2021
hadex90:
Is there a special method of nursing the seed. what if i plant directly on field will it not germinate
check through the thread, and my YouTube channel. It will germinate but it has many disadvantage, rodent can pick it, if like Three consecutive rain should fall after you plant large percentage will not germinate, etc.

2 Likes

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 9:33am On Dec 28, 2021
hadex90:

hi, please is this still available? plus can you send to lagos?
yes. Check my signature for my WhatsApp.

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Ufeolorun(m): 10:17pm On Dec 28, 2021
hadex90:

I personally cant be bothered about adding extra cost to my cultivation process especially cocopeat so I seed directly. I have been doing it for 3 years now and I find it ok except on few occasions where the germination was poor.

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by HornyTave: 10:55pm On Dec 28, 2021
hadex90:

it is the work of those tiny ants, they dealt with me decisively, ate 100g of cucumber seeds and 300g of watermelon seeds.

except you use seed force or seed tray, they'll continue to eat it. the best option is seed tray

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (72) (Reply)

Quality Bulldozer Land Clearing Service Nationwide. Reliable services. / 10 Leading Farms In Nigeria, Their Owners / The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.