Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,556 members, 7,843,731 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

Is The Southeast Really Overpopulated As We Are Made To Believe? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is The Southeast Really Overpopulated As We Are Made To Believe? (1293 Views)

Did Buhari Say: "IGB0s Are Overpopulated, I Will Take Steps For Depopulation"? / Obasanjo: It's Ridiculous To Believe That Buhari Has Died (Video) / When I Was Working In The Southeast I Saw What The Igbo Could Do - Akinwumi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Southeast Really Overpopulated As We Are Made To Believe? by bigpriik: 6:36pm On Oct 05, 2020
I have read many comments here on NL were somes hateful people say the southeast is overpuplated and I decided to do a little research to find out how true it is .now see, Lagos is by far the tinest state in Nigeria with a land mass of 1,300km2 and yet it has a population of of over 25million , there is no southeast state that has a population of over 5million and yet the southeast is 29 times bigger than Lagos yet she is not even as populated as Lagos..infact it will take up to 1000 years before the southeast is fully saturated.anambra state alone can swallow up the entire southeast population.

5 Likes

Re: Is The Southeast Really Overpopulated As We Are Made To Believe? by Propsvilla(m): 7:01pm On Oct 05, 2020
bigpriik:
I have read many comments here on NL were somes hateful people say the southeast is overpuplated and I decided to do a little research to find out how true it is .now see, Lagos is by far the tinest state in Nigeria with a land mass of 1,300km2 and yet it has a population of of over 25million , there is no southeast state that has a population of over 5million and yet the southeast is 29 times bigger than Lagos yet she is not even as populated as Lagos..infact it will take up to 1000 years before the southeast is fully saturated.anambra state alone can swallow up the entire southeast population.

It go shock you when you discover Anambra alone has a population of about 15 million people
Only Onistha alone has a population not less than seven million Awka has 4 million. Nnewi has a population of 5 million people, Ekwulobia and it's neigbouring town like Igbo-Ukwu, Uga, Isuofia are up to 4 million infact Anambra is very populated. Forget about the scam NPC.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is The Southeast Really Overpopulated As We Are Made To Believe? by LukasPodolski: 7:05pm On Oct 05, 2020
what is Op trying to say?
me I no understand ooo.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Southeast Really Overpopulated As We Are Made To Believe? by LadyExcellency: 7:06pm On Oct 05, 2020
Five million as in helmets or State?

People that troop out from Ariaria Market at the close of the market is even equal or more than 5 million let alone the local government.

2 Likes

Re: Is The Southeast Really Overpopulated As We Are Made To Believe? by LukasPodolski: 7:07pm On Oct 05, 2020
Propsvilla:

It go shock you when you discover Anambra alone has a population of about 15 million people
Only Onistha alone has a population not less than seven million Awka has 4 million. Nnewi has a population of 5 million people, Ekwulobia and it's neigbouring town like Igbo-Ukwu, Uga, Isuofia are up to 4 million infact Anambra is very populated. Forget about the scam NPC.

I spent 10 years in Okija, Anambra.

you would not believe if I tell you that the population of Okija is 40million.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Southeast Really Overpopulated As We Are Made To Believe? by Bialegend(m): 7:08pm On Oct 05, 2020
It's all giberrish by the lagos-ibadan expressway gutter media. Even if SE is over populated, there is what is called HongKong style residential building whereby 50 story buildings x 1000 units can house over 10million people and still does not cover 1/10th of Aba land mass. Such building system will be followed up once Biafra is restored.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is The Southeast Really Overpopulated As We Are Made To Believe? by Goodmarlian: 7:08pm On Oct 05, 2020
LukasPodolski:

grin
Re: Is The Southeast Really Overpopulated As We Are Made To Believe? by LukasPodolski: 7:14pm On Oct 05, 2020
LadyExcellency:

People that troop out from Ariaria Market at the close of the market is even equal or more than 5 million let alone the local government.
the last census was conducted in 2006, with Abia being 28th most populous state at 2.8million.

even if all Abia residence visit Ariaria on the market day, there is no way the market would record 5million people.

the way most of you guys, I mean our eastern brothers reason sef.

do you realise the quantity of the figure 1million? not to talk of 5million market attendees nawa oo

6 Likes

Re: Is The Southeast Really Overpopulated As We Are Made To Believe? by LukasPodolski: 7:19pm On Oct 05, 2020
Bialegend:
It's all giberrish by the lagos-ibadan expressway gutter media. Even if SE is over populated, there is what is called HongKong style residential building whereby 50 story buildings x 1000 units can house over 10million people and still does not cover 1/10th of Aba land mass. Such building system will be followed up once Biafra is restored.
can you quote any media outlet or national daily that said igboland is overpopulated?

4 Likes

Re: Is The Southeast Really Overpopulated As We Are Made To Believe? by LadyExcellency: 7:22pm On Oct 05, 2020
LukasPodolski:

the last census was conductor in 2006, with Abia being 28th most populous state at 2.8million.

even if all Abia residence visit Ariaria on the market day, there is no way the market would record 5million people.

the way most of you guys, I mean our eastern brothers reason sef.

do you realise the quantity of the figure 1million? not talk talk of 5million market attendees nawa oo

Go to the market there yourself to confirm. Stop babbling.

The same time Obasanjo had more votes than Ojukwu in Southeast.

Stop quoting rigged census. It was because of the Igbo people that the North advocated for removal of ethnicity and religion from census until they found a way to rig the results.

Imagine Old Kano State is almost twice in population than Lagos State. Remember, it's divided to two States while Lagos still remain one State.

1 Like

Re: Is The Southeast Really Overpopulated As We Are Made To Believe? by LukasPodolski: 7:33pm On Oct 05, 2020
LadyExcellency:

Go to the market there yourself to confirm. Stop babbling.

The same time Obasanjo had more votes than Ojukwu in Southeast.

Stop quoting rigged census. It was because of the Igbo people that the North advocated for removal of ethnicity and religion from census until they found a way to rig the results.

Imagine Old Kano State is almost twice in population than Lagos State. Remember, it's divided to two States while Lagos still remain one State.
what has Obj victory over Ojukwu in the east got to do with this? ibos BETRAYED Ojukwu, nonetheless that got nothing to do with the subject under discussion..

perhaps the "Census officers" from the east were drunk when NPC tampered with SE population figure.

another day, another victim card, you hardly see other tribes playing the victim card.

in addition, the Op of this thread is not alright, I've never seen media outlets saying SE is overpopulated.

6 Likes

Re: Is The Southeast Really Overpopulated As We Are Made To Believe? by Xzellentgraphic: 7:35pm On Oct 05, 2020
I can't wait for another census to be conducted
Re: Is The Southeast Really Overpopulated As We Are Made To Believe? by LadyExcellency: 7:38pm On Oct 05, 2020
LukasPodolski:

what has Obj victory over Ojukwu in the east got to do with this? ibos BETRAYED Ojukwu, nonetheless that got nothing to do with the subject under discussion..

perhaps the "Census officers" from the east were drunk when NPC tampered with SE population figure.

another day, another victim card, you hardly see other tribes playing the victim card.

in addition, the Op of this thread is not alright, I've never seen media outlets saying SE is overpopulated.

Overcome your limitations to understand parallel theorems.

The same way elections were rigged was the same way census was rigged - QED.

Stop quoting me if you're not able to keep aside your clannish orientation and political persuasion.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is The Southeast Really Overpopulated As We Are Made To Believe? by apatheticme(f): 7:57pm On Oct 05, 2020
Why is the op comparing the 'entire southeast region' with Lagos, just a state in the southwest
Re: Is The Southeast Really Overpopulated As We Are Made To Believe? by BIGGESThead6: 7:58pm On Oct 05, 2020
Propsvilla:

Chai, see as this Igbo man just Dey dash Anambra Communities population anyhow grin.

5 Likes

Re: Is The Southeast Really Overpopulated As We Are Made To Believe? by Muna4real(f): 8:09pm On Oct 05, 2020
LukasPodolski:

can you quote any media outlet or national daily that said igboland is overpopulated?

Nna ehh, I wonder ohh. I wanted to ask. When was the south east ever reported to be over populated?
Re: Is The Southeast Really Overpopulated As We Are Made To Believe? by LukasPodolski: 8:10pm On Oct 05, 2020
LadyExcellency:

Overcome your limitations to understand parallel theorems.

The same way elections were rigged was the same way census was rigged - QED.

Stop quoting me if you're not able to keep aside your clannish orientation and political persuasion.
will you keep quiet?

must you guys always be playing the victim card? that's a sign of weakness.

to think it's coming from a major tribe nawa oo, very soon they will divert the blame for OSU caste system on Fulani.
Re: Is The Southeast Really Overpopulated As We Are Made To Believe? by celeiyke: 8:39pm On Oct 05, 2020
There is no SE state with a population less than 5 million
Re: Is The Southeast Really Overpopulated As We Are Made To Believe? by SlayerForever: 9:14pm On Oct 05, 2020
bigpriik:

Maybe the less populated SE states are around 5 million. Anambra is closer to 9 to 10 million. Factor this in and give us feedback.
Re: Is The Southeast Really Overpopulated As We Are Made To Believe? by PresidentJosh20(m): 9:17pm On Oct 05, 2020
BIGGESThead6:

Chai, see as this Igbo man just Dey dash Anambra Communities population anyhow grin.
Lol.I wonder where he got his population data from.

2 Likes

Re: Is The Southeast Really Overpopulated As We Are Made To Believe? by engrchykae(m): 10:44pm On Oct 05, 2020
LadyExcellency:

have you seen people troop out of mgbuka obosi at 5pm?
The op can keep deceiving himself
Re: Is The Southeast Really Overpopulated As We Are Made To Believe? by engrchykae(m): 10:47pm On Oct 05, 2020
LukasPodolski:

you are so foolish, obasanjo was computing election with Excel,he never conducted any election.
He was writing figures with Excel window 7
Re: Is The Southeast Really Overpopulated As We Are Made To Believe? by HAccord: 11:10pm On Oct 05, 2020
Many never knew the Igbos were very populated and under-counted until they come to Nairaland.
Re: Is The Southeast Really Overpopulated As We Are Made To Believe? by LukasPodolski: 11:35pm On Oct 05, 2020
engrchykae:
you are so foolish, obasanjo was computing election with Excel,he never conducted any election.
He was writing figures with Excel window 7
Excel ko , microsoft word ni
Re: Is The Southeast Really Overpopulated As We Are Made To Believe? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Oct 05, 2020
bigpriik:

Go back to school with this lazy man Analysis.

Anambra state alone houses over 10 millions of people.

Sometimes you guys with just sit in your rooms with phones plugged to socket and be typing nonsense.

All because I get megabyte for phone
Re: Is The Southeast Really Overpopulated As We Are Made To Believe? by valentineuwakwe(m): 12:47am On Oct 06, 2020
This your question now really misguided one andni can see you are not a student of our colonial past as a nation..go read about the first census conducted in Nigeria by 1954 and see who plenty pass..
the question you should be asking is if trully the NORTH is over populated!
Re: Is The Southeast Really Overpopulated As We Are Made To Believe? by slyfran6(m): 2:45pm On Dec 19, 2020
LukasPodolski:

grin grin

I am from Isuofia and our population is around 70 million in Ozalla my village alone.
The total population of Isuofia when you include Ozalla, Umueze, Isiaku, Akulu, Ezioka, and Okpoko should be around 210 million people.

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Tell Us Where Buhari Failed / 2nd Niger Bridge: A reality to behold - AmaraChyna Iwuanyanwu (IMO D.SPEAKER) / North Is Afraid Of Nigeria Breaking Because Of The Oil - Alhaji Albarka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.