Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,906 members, 7,810,488 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi (54224 Views)

Abakaliki Mall, Ebonyi Taking Shape (Pictures) / A Visit To Ebonyi International Market Built By Governor Umahi / Alaba Int'l Market And Aba Market: Which Is The Most Popular? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by neoclassical: 9:52pm On Oct 05, 2020
Pix

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by iornenge81(m): 9:53pm On Oct 05, 2020
Nice work

28 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by Ikennamurphy: 9:53pm On Oct 05, 2020
Great and commendable.. Lots of new jobs for Ebonyians

88 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by Ikennamurphy: 9:54pm On Oct 05, 2020
I learnt silverbed has contracted to run the mall for a lease of 100 years

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by irnene: 10:04pm On Oct 05, 2020
awesome

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by Saao(m): 10:06pm On Oct 05, 2020
Ikennamurphy:
haa, that's too much.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by flyingpig: 10:08pm On Oct 05, 2020
Ikennamurphy:
they've been contracted to operate the mall, don't know for how long the business partnership will last. 100 years is far too much seems like colonialism.

134 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by Ikennamurphy: 10:15pm On Oct 05, 2020
flyingpig:
they've been contracted to operate the mall, don't know for how long the business partnership will last. 100 years is far too much seems like colonialism.
Nop there is nothing colonialism about that.. Silverbed is Nigerian owned.. So kini big deal

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by Ikennamurphy: 10:16pm On Oct 05, 2020
Saao:
haa, that's too much.
Not really.. It will be better managed that way.. I'm in support of that.. Private manages stuffs better because they will need profit

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by flyingpig: 10:17pm On Oct 05, 2020
Ikennamurphy:

Not really.. It will be better managed that way.. I'm in support of that.. Private manages stuffs better because they will need profit
10years from now another company may have better deal

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by psucc(m): 10:26pm On Oct 05, 2020
David Umahi must be invited for a 2hour questioning.
Where does he get the money for the projects?

135 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by Ikennamurphy: 10:29pm On Oct 05, 2020
flyingpig:
10years from now another company may have better deal
I think is subject to review... It definitely won't be a contract that won't be amendable

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by flyingpig: 10:30pm On Oct 05, 2020
Ikennamurphy:

I think is subject to review... It definitely won't be a contract that won't be amendable
ok o

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by IGBOSON1: 10:35pm On Oct 05, 2020
Thought you’d have fresh pics!

4 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by IGBOSON1: 10:38pm On Oct 05, 2020
psucc:
David Umahi must be invited for a 2hour questioning.

Where does he get the money for the projects?

More like....invited for a grilling! Like they do in those Hollywood films when they’re questioning a suspect in a near-empty room at the police station! smiley

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by Saao(m): 10:48pm On Oct 05, 2020
Ikennamurphy:

for 100 years? To me it's too much. It's better for shorter term like 10 years but renewable based on performance. Don't forget, silverbird and sen. Ben are also Nigeria company that Amcon almost liquidate in some years back due to bad loan? You cant trust Nigeria company and Nigerians when it comes to doing business. I know the governor is a wise man and God fearing as well, we hope he takes good decision as regards management of the state assets.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by Rugaria: 10:57pm On Oct 05, 2020
In the SE, we are mainly traders. Overtime, trading has provided ready jobs for our teaming youths who can't compete with the owners of Nigeria for jobs in such areas as the army, custom, NNPC etc. If petty trading helps to keep the population occupied, the government should be warry of helping to set up big malls all over the place.., malls with their sharp practices, owned by some aleady rich foreigners, whose only interest will be to maximize profit will kill jobs... The success of such big malls will ultimately jeopardize the ability of the ordinary traders to function effectively, unless the government can guarantee a healthy middle class with enough disposable income to keep the flashy malls busy. If not, we might be solving one problem by creating another one (unemployment) here.

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by Ikennamurphy: 11:05pm On Oct 05, 2020
Saao:
for 100 years? To me it's too much. It's better for shorter term like 10 years but renewable based on performance. Don't forget, silverbird and sen. Ben are also Nigeria company that Amcon almost liquidate in some years back due to bad loan? You cant trust Nigeria company and Nigerians when it comes to doing business. I know the governor is a wise man and God fearing as well, we hope he takes good decision as regards management of the state assets.
Yes oo.. The state assets need to be protected.. I believe the contract would be subject to review as well

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by Ikennamurphy: 11:06pm On Oct 05, 2020
Rugaria:
In the SE, we are mainly traders. Overtime, trading had provided ready jobs for our teaming youths who can't compete with the owners of Nigeria for jobs in such areas as the army, custom, NNPC etc. If petty trading helps to keep the population occupied, the government should be warry of helping to set up big malls all over the place.., malls with their sharp practices,and ownedlready rich foreigners, whose only interest will be to maximize profit will kill jobs... The success of such big malls will ultimately jeopardize the ability of the ordinary traders to function effectively, unless the government can guarantee a healthy middle class with enough disposable income to keep the flashy malls busy. If not, we might be solving one problem by creating another one (unemployment) here.
It won't affect anything.. They're malls in Onitsha, Enugu, Aba and it didn't affect them, a single big mall in Ebonyi won't affect also.. Your concerns are well noted

74 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by slivertongue: 11:15pm On Oct 05, 2020
the Eastern Mr project. God bless you

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by WoeBetide666: 11:24pm On Oct 05, 2020
flyingpig:

No be Ben Murray Bruce get Silver Bird
Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by WoeBetide666: 11:26pm On Oct 05, 2020
What's Ebonyi's main source of IGR

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by Moferere: 11:28pm On Oct 05, 2020
Good work, unlike that rubbish in ondo state who calls himself a Governor

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by mrjojo: 12:39am On Oct 06, 2020
A government building a mall is supposed to be an achievement? 80% of the residence can't even afford to shop there. Nigeria Government and misplaced priority. Are there enough schools, health centers, low-cost housing, etc already?

The Dubai Mall it's modeled after Is privately owned. It's only in this part of the world a "supermarket" is labeled a laudable government achievement.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by valentineuwakwe(m): 12:39am On Oct 06, 2020
God bless this governor!

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by Onyenna(m): 2:33am On Oct 06, 2020
Cool
Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by IGBOSON1: 3:49am On Oct 06, 2020
mrjojo:
A government building a mall is supposed to be an achievement? 80% of the residence can't even afford to shop there. Nigeria Government and misplaced priority. Is there enough schools, health centers, low-cost housing, etc already ?

Umahi is tackling all sectors simultaneously!

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by Daniel058(m): 6:22am On Oct 06, 2020
mrjojo:
A government building a mall is supposed to be an achievement? 80% of the residence can't even afford to shop there. Nigeria Government and misplaced priority. Is there enough schools, health centers, low-cost housing, etc already ?
The way some people look at Us Ebonyians self grin , forgetting that some millionaires and Billionaires occupying their States are Ebonyians.

E go shock you that people you see carrying Cutlass / hoe to farm of other people are actually richer than people they are working For ... grin

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by Madmohamed419(m): 6:38am On Oct 06, 2020
neoclassical:
Pix
every thing is international in Nigeria when can you have local

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by Madmohamed419(m): 6:41am On Oct 06, 2020
Daniel058:
The way some people look at Us Ebonyians self grin , forgetting that some millionaires and Billionaires occupying their States are Ebonyians.

E go shock you that people you see carrying Cutlass / hoe to farm of other people are actually richer than people they are working For ... grin
Na South West people they don't like anything good in igbo land. But if their governor beuld it they that is yeruba for you

14 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by tamdun: 6:46am On Oct 06, 2020
Madmohamed419:
Na South West people they don't like anything good in igbo land. But if their governor beuld it they that is yeruba for you
So na southwest people dey tag ebonyi people fake Igbo? It's crystal clear to everyone that other Igbos don't love ebonyi Igbos, u mofos should stop bringing yoruba people into ur palava

24 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Businesses To Start With Small Money / Ex-bankers Jailed 91 Years Over N114.6m Fraud (Photo) / Enugu Shoprite....my Dope Swagg Pictures There.. Me And My G's.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.