Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

How To Get Your Nairaland Account Blocked: - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Get Your Nairaland Account Blocked: (8433 Views)

NAIRALAND CASH CODES: How To Make Money Using Your Nairaland Account (premium) / How Much Is Your Nairaland Account Worth. / Urgent! My Bank Account Has Been Frozen/blocked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Get Your Nairaland Account Blocked: by hyipmoney2(f): 5:40am On Jun 25, 2007
I insist that Seaun allowed his anger to rule him. Insulting your users does not tell good of you both to local and international users.
Changing the topic of the risky business section is not the best, it'll only make it useless and remember, this is democracy and [/b]THIS FORUM IS NOT FOR KIDS.[/b]
I believe that it's not all those biz posted there that are risky and scam, some are genuine.
Re: How To Get Your Nairaland Account Blocked: by nateevs(m): 7:25am On Jun 25, 2007
Seun:

By the way: I'm thinking of changing the title of the "risky business" section to "money losing business section"!

let's have some come up here to tell us they never lost in business and then they teach us what it is they know so well.
Re: How To Get Your Nairaland Account Blocked: by sleekdot(m): 11:51am On Jun 25, 2007
i almost paid for that e gold stuff untill someone warned me.thanks bro
Re: How To Get Your Nairaland Account Blocked: by Tarami(f): 12:00pm On Jun 25, 2007
Seun,
I must commend you for the good work at nairaland.
As per putting wrong thread in wrong section,you just need to sound a note of warning to people and not send out an aggressive email.
From all indication you dont agree with all the hyips scheme going around, but then we are talking about adults here and they can only make informed decision based on what they get from people pasting out info.
Can i just ask you this-What if all the members post the wrong thread in the wrong section.Would you then block everyone and spoil the good work you're doing.
Please Life is too short.
Re: How To Get Your Nairaland Account Blocked: by DisGuy: 2:37pm On Jun 25, 2007
I think you should put this in the homepage, it is not working!!
Re: How To Get Your Nairaland Account Blocked: by Richystar4: 3:11pm On Jun 25, 2007
There should be orderliness.
Re: How To Get Your Nairaland Account Blocked: by spacegold(m): 3:35pm On Jun 25, 2007
Fantastic Order from Nairaland's Admin! But hear what the Bible says "let nothing be done through strife and vain glory" (Philipians 2:3).
Re: How To Get Your Nairaland Account Blocked: by dezman77(m): 7:14pm On Jun 25, 2007
guy, i think you should give a notice just like other sites do, just cos we in naija does not mean you should be like a naija owner who cares little about peoples activities,

i feel you though but a notice will justify your actions more, best of luck,
Re: How To Get Your Nairaland Account Blocked: by Ena345(f): 7:43pm On Jun 25, 2007
what kind of business do u classify as "risky", this is the internet boi, u gotta allow people to make their own decision, don't be up on al of that@ seun

Not on his web page. This page is for serious m,inded pple, not for fraudsters. As the adminstrator, he has the right to protect what is his. We all stand for something and he has a vision. It doesn't seem like fraudulence is a part of it.

A better idea, Y not start your fraudland and u'll see, the fraudstars will come calling
Re: How To Get Your Nairaland Account Blocked: by mastro: 10:36pm On Jun 25, 2007
I find it quite amazing that the 419ers actually have the guts to try and defend their shady businesses, Egold my foot, Forex my behind, they are all simply variations of pyramid schemes or outright fraud.

Then to insinuate that there is no difference between their pyramid schemes and proper business is quite frankly IMO bannable in it's own right, but then I'm not a tolerate person. However the owner has spoken so either comply or go peddle your crap on Warez forums

The man has put together a forum where like minded people can come together to share legitimate ideas and hang out, but no they have to come and pour sand into his Gari and try their best to turn it to a house of disrepute.
Re: How To Get Your Nairaland Account Blocked: by yemajose: 11:34pm On Jun 25, 2007
cheesy    Seun,  fine,u are right.There are a lot of scammers and fraudsters who pretend under this guise, u still shouldn't have used abusive language.it brings down the reputation of this forum, and remember some are genuine.FOREX i know is very risky because of the magin/leverage accommodates.it is more risky than investments in stocks because most times,the maximum margin you can get for stocks is 50%.
Re: How To Get Your Nairaland Account Blocked: by sirussy(m): 12:34am On Jun 26, 2007
yes we should stop all these useless bussines offers

but what if u have an offer that is not useless or fraud but the mentality of every common nigerian is on the bad side because everybody just want to cheat his fellow brother. businesses like 22usd, , canadian diamond traders, and forex are real businesses for real and are not really risky since they only involve a small amount of money. but u know we nigerians are on the opinion that these kind of things are always fraud. yes, there are people that do fraud on the internet and we should beware, don't don't blow your chance away, because there are alot of opportunities out there on the internet, i am on many different programs and they are paying well thru my e-gold,so go have a look. but BE CAREFUL
Re: How To Get Your Nairaland Account Blocked: by ikhideman(m): 3:29am On Jun 26, 2007
I dont believe in classifying the risky businesses as 'money losing'. We are all matured here & shld be able to make sensible decisions. The key to investing in such business is to invest idle money or money u can afford to "dash" someone;everybody has his/her own level. Some can dash N20, others N5000, etc. U make the choice to invest, no one uses juju to make u invest. Every Business is risky & the riskier the business, the more profitable it is! I can even make money from teaching others how to deal in e-forex.
Re: How To Get Your Nairaland Account Blocked: by omogenaija(f): 5:12am On Jun 26, 2007
all business is risky angry
so the whole business section should be called risky business , no one can be trusted
and may God protect us all from thunder and evil
Re: How To Get Your Nairaland Account Blocked: by Nimshi: 6:52am On Jun 26, 2007
Humour, people. Let's live and laugh a little.

It's within Owner's right to ban these sort of stuff; but: even for the sake of letting those who may not know to do so, it's a good thing to allow discussion of these schemes, if only for the possibility of debunking them. the problem is, lots people witht these schemes get free advertisement, and with a rotten attitude at that.
Re: How To Get Your Nairaland Account Blocked: by denex: 8:22am On Jun 26, 2007
We're mostly young Nigerians in here, if we do not learn the ethics of being organised or following due procedure, we will get to Aso Rock one day and appropriate the Defence Budget for Health. Then Benin Republic will conquer us in war.

Seun knows me. When I was moderating the UNIBEN Group, I have notice for everyone to have their pics on their profile. After months of appealing and appealing they refused. One day, I just sat down and deleted 40% of the total members. No Long Thing!

So sanity must be maintained in here. If there's anything Seun can do for this Nigeria that will rival any project Yar'Adua's is to teach 100,000 Nigerians to do things how they should be done. If those 100,000 should each touch 100,000 too, the whole of West Africa is saved.

And I really see nothing wrong with refering to offenders with harsh words. Are you people saying that because Nigeria is a democracy, I should not place a generational curse on all armed robbers? In fact, may Osun inflict poverty on any fraudsters that refuse to post their get-rich-quick schemes in the risky business section.

Yet this Nairaland Forum is a dictatorship not a democracy. A democracy does not have an owner! So, Seun is nice and friendly and considerate, but THIS IS A DICTATORSHIP!

egold my brown backside.
Re: How To Get Your Nairaland Account Blocked: by denex: 8:23am On Jun 26, 2007
We're mostly young Nigerians in here, if we do not learn the ethics of being organised or following due procedure, we will get to Aso Rock one day and appropriate the Defence Budget for Health. Then Benin Republic will conquer us in war.

Seun knows me. When I was moderating the UNIBEN Group, I have notice for everyone to have their pics on their profile. After months of appealing and appealing they refused. One day, I just sat down and deleted 40% of the total members. No Long Thing!

So sanity must be maintained in here. If there's anything Seun can do for this Nigeria that will rival any project Yar'Adua's is to teach 100,000 Nigerians to do things how they should be done. If those 100,000 should each touch 100,000 too, the whole of West Africa is saved.

And I really see nothing wrong with refering to offenders with harsh words. Are you people saying that because Nigeria is a democracy, I should not place a generational curse on all armed robbers? In fact, may Osun inflict poverty on any fraudsters that refuse to post their get-rich-quick schemes in the risky business section.

Yet this Nairaland Forum is a dictatorship not a democracy. A democracy does not have an owner! So, Seun is nice and friendly and considerate, but THIS IS A DICTATORSHIP!

egold my brown backside.
Re: How To Get Your Nairaland Account Blocked: by nateevs(m): 11:02am On Jun 26, 2007
We should all mind what we say on public forums because when it comes to eating back your words then that's
"RISKY BUSINESS".

Up to 60% of the members on this thread have less than a hundred posts. Did you know there was a time Seun did not feel comfortable with the Stock Investments? Now he deems it fit for the business section. Those who have been on the forum for a long time know what I am talking about.

One day in the future Seun might find Forex interesting because he stumbled on something new. What will you all say then? Will you then ask him to delete this thread? Will you ask him to delete your posts?

When I started fish farming in 2003, my very first ten ventures were a disaster. I lost over N50, 000. It might not be a lot for many people but for a graduate, that was about my life savings. My business partner quit then and vowed never to go back to fish farming. Till this very moment, he still won't do it. he considers it extremely risky.

Now give him moderator status on this forum for a day and he will create a seperate section for fish farming and call it something like

"EXTREMELY RISKY SECTION" - SECTION WHERE YOU HAVE LOST YOUR MONEY BEFORE YOU VENTURE. 

he simply just doesn't want to hear about it.

Seun, like every human, like my former business partner, is not super human and has his own unique fears and interests. These human traits are subject to change as we grow older and as we venture and take other forms of risks.  Risk is a state of mind. Have you not met people who wil never do business? They are very comfortable with their monthly wage. They will see the ordinary business section as very very very very risky.

In the UK here I had a big argument some weeks ago with someone who says there no chance in a million that you will make 1N on the stock exchange. He simply called stock brokers fraudsters even though he never bought a single share. I reffered the person to Nairaland to read about shares, he called us all people who have come together preaching the fraudulent stock exchange. He said it is only a matter of time before we all lose our money. WOW!!!!!!

So what do you think about him?

I can't tell Seun how to run his show but I think this is a very forum for adults where people can choose and choose not to do. 

Someone out there thinks Seun includes the Stock Exchange in Nairaland because he encourages fraud.

Someone out there thinks the dating and meet-up section promotes promiscuity, what about that?

This is a forum for baring your minds but taking care when baring your minds is very paramount. People will quote what what you've said once. A perfect example we all know now is :-

"May thunder strike such people"

Let us be careful about how we take sides on a public forum.

People on this forum in the past have heavily criticised something. Few months down the line they come back to embrace it.

My Opinion of the whole story.
Re: How To Get Your Nairaland Account Blocked: by DisGuy: 1:39pm On Jun 26, 2007
seems people are taking this personal undecided
It seems people are losing refereals or something
loads of people still post their forex,egold under the risky business section
they are not complaining are they?
Re: How To Get Your Nairaland Account Blocked: by mastro: 2:33pm On Jun 26, 2007
This is the part I don't get,
Man starts forum,
man states rules,
people get upset and state that man has no business stating rules on his own forum

Could anyone please explain to me why Seun doesn't have the right to enforce HIS
stated rules on HIS forum.

I understand that one mans meat is another mans poison, however, still waiting for a reasonable explanation why he shouldn't enforce his stated rules especially as he has created a specific forum for people who want to lose their money to use.
Re: How To Get Your Nairaland Account Blocked: by pastorking(m): 4:35pm On Jun 26, 2007
One of my online students just called me to complain that she had dificulty in accessing her graphcard account.

After much struggle and several e-mails to the admin, she had access into the account only to discover that someone with an unknown identity but posting as the owner of the account had hacked into the account, entered it, and drew out $2500 from the account via werstern union.

But not for the admin who suspected the withdrawal and withheld the said ammount in another account for a while, the poor woman would had lost this fabulous ammount just like that.

This kind of news is terrible, We really need to pray for this country, there are a lot of business opportunities nout there on the internet; why invove yourself in scams.

God is seriousle against theft be it online or offline, Please R E PE N T.

It is a bad name for our dear country Nigeria.
Re: How To Get Your Nairaland Account Blocked: by Yes4u(m): 4:59pm On Jun 26, 2007
Hi Seun,

Please, mind your language and be a good Nigerian. There is no need insulting or cursing people.

You are trying your best in this forum and I praise your effort. In fact, all businesses involve risk. It is good you send out the warning but not to abuse people since it is a public forum.

Cheer!
Re: How To Get Your Nairaland Account Blocked: by Yes4u(m): 5:00pm On Jun 26, 2007
Hi Seun,

Please, mind your language and be a good Nigerian.  There is no need insulting or cursing people.  

You are trying your best in this forum and I praise your effort.  In fact, all businesses involve risk.  It is good you send out the warning but not to abuse people since it is a public forum.

Cheers!
Re: How To Get Your Nairaland Account Blocked: by la1(m): 5:46pm On Jun 26, 2007
nateevs:

We should all mind what we say on public forums because when it comes to eating back your words then that's
"RISKY BUSINESS".

Up to 60% of the members on this thread have less than a hundred posts. Did you know there was a time Seun did not feel comfortable with the Stock Investments? Now he deems it fit for the business section. Those who have been on the forum for a long time know what I am talking about.

One day in the future Seun might find Forex interesting because he stumbled on something new. What will you all say then? Will you then ask him to delete this thread? Will you ask him to delete your posts?

When I started fish farming in 2003, my very first ten ventures were a disaster. I lost over N50, 000. It might not be a lot for many people but for a graduate, that was about my life savings. My business partner quit then and vowed never to go back to fish farming. Till this very moment, he still won't do it. he considers it extremely risky.

Now give him moderator status on this forum for a day and he will create a seperate section for fish farming and call it something like

"EXTREMELY RISKY SECTION" - SECTION WHERE YOU HAVE LOST YOUR MONEY BEFORE YOU VENTURE. 

he simply just doesn't want to hear about it.

Seun, like every human, like my former business partner, is not super human and has his own unique fears and interests. These human traits are subject to change as we grow older and as we venture and take other forms of risks.  Risk is a state of mind. Have you not met people who wil never do business? They are very comfortable with their monthly wage. They will see the ordinary business section as very very very very risky.

In the UK here I had a big argument some weeks ago with someone who says there no chance in a million that you will make 1N on the stock exchange. He simply called stock brokers fraudsters even though he never bought a single share. I reffered the person to Nairaland to read about shares, he called us all people who have come together preaching the fraudulent stock exchange. He said it is only a matter of time before we all lose our money. WOW!!!!!!

So what do you think about him?

I can't tell Seun how to run his show but I think this is a very forum for adults where people can choose and choose not to do. 

Someone out there thinks Seun includes the Stock Exchange in Nairaland because he encourages fraud.

Someone out there thinks the dating and meet-up section promotes promiscuity, what about that?

This is a forum for baring your minds but taking care when baring your minds is very paramount. People will quote what what you've said once. A perfect example we all know now is :-

"May thunder strike such people"

Let us be careful about how we take sides on a public forum.

People on this forum in the past have heavily criticised something. Few months down the line they come back to embrace it.

My Opinion of the whole story.

very very wel put my brother.

i mean its a live and let live situation we r in here and the unfortunate thing is that ppl will continue to loose money inspite of the moderators efforts, its the very nature of bussiness that some will make profits and other will loose fortunes,whats important is that a forum like this gives evryone a opportunity to learn and to share,nobody knows evrthing, heres to freedom of tought and expression.
Re: How To Get Your Nairaland Account Blocked: by hasheem(m): 7:07pm On Jun 26, 2007
yes shody deals are destroying the good chance of business like 22usd.com, canadian diamond traders and e-gold to reing. pls if you doubting the deals take a look at thier site and be informative you will get good news about the deals
Re: How To Get Your Nairaland Account Blocked: by nathdcute(m): 2:38am On Jun 27, 2007
Just like many others have said, Seun you are nt supposed to have used such a fowl statement anyway, as even if thunder strike anyone around us, shouldn't be a thing of joy, even if the being as been an enemy, just like Jesus Christ instructs us even to pray for our enemies. www.thesevensteps..com

Meanwhile, I dont think that should be a platform on which many so-called fraudsters shoud stand upon so as to be able to deceit people and luring them into online scams anyway, although there are many of these online e-gold online investment biz that are REAL, there are as many of them which are counterfeits as well, And let me remind everyone that FOREX is also REAL only that it takes patient and mastery mind to invest into it, you have to learn for long time and DEMO PRACTICE before you should make up your mind to start with the STANDARD TRADING ACCT, www.buildyourownmoneymakingportal..com

Conclusively, every investment and business are risk friendly, its when you make it at the long run that you are HAPPY with your RETURNS, therefore I think there is any business that is nt risky, ONLY GOD CAN LEAD US THROUGH THE RIGHT PATH!

Cheers!
Re: How To Get Your Nairaland Account Blocked: by cheexy: 3:42am On Jun 27, 2007
@Seun,
Good intentions, Bad and immature language. I know your problem ;DDon't worry it will happen soon. Nuff said
Re: How To Get Your Nairaland Account Blocked: by cayesworld(m): 5:32pm On Jun 27, 2007
@Nateevs, @all

It's been generally said that this forum is for mature audience. nateevs gives a very good example of what mature means. I suggest we all (Seun inclusive) take a cue from him.

I believe it can't be over-emphasized that we should invest only what you can afford to lose. This is the #1 rule for all HYIP investments. Besides, what you read up on fourms should not be the sole criterion for making investment decisions. The wise person looks 4 alternate sources of information before making decisions.

Word of advice--Let everyone feel free to make his/her own decision but No abusive word PLEASE!!!!!
Re: How To Get Your Nairaland Account Blocked: by denex: 5:56pm On Jun 27, 2007
Seun, please stop these excessive pleas and get down to deleting defaulters.
Re: How To Get Your Nairaland Account Blocked: by Prince22(m): 7:43pm On Jun 27, 2007
Seun, goood, i like this move,

Make them mature!!!!!

Best Regards.
Re: How To Get Your Nairaland Account Blocked: by akinwunmi(m): 7:02am On Jun 28, 2007
SEUN DO YOU HAVE TO DO THAT uh? I DONT THINK YOU HAVE TO TELL THEM BEFORE YOU DELETE THERE ACCOUNT AS LONG AS ITS ON YOUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS cos dey aint gonna tell ya they wanna use ya, so why tell dem when u wanna kill dem************CARRY GO Joooooooooooooo
Re: How To Get Your Nairaland Account Blocked: by Mariory(m): 2:11pm On Jun 28, 2007
Seun:
Hello there,

I will completely block the account of any member who posts risky business topics
in the general business section from this point onwards. May thunder strike such people. Angry

Amen.
PS: They are destroying the value of our business section, and we can't tolerate that, can we?

About time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Is This Sweet-tongue Mr. Forex Guy On Our Radio Sets In Lagos? / Diamond Platnumz, Elumelu, Umurhohwo Among Top 100 Influential People Of 2023 / Please Avoid This Loan App Called Fairmoney.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.