Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,173 members, 7,849,622 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:19 AM

Pro Oshiomole Lawmakers-elect Gone With Their Godfather- Obaseki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pro Oshiomole Lawmakers-elect Gone With Their Godfather- Obaseki (1422 Views)

Our Grouse With Obaseki - Pro Oshiomole Lawmakers Break Silence / Edo House Of Assembly ‘Sacks’ 12 Lawmakers-Elect / Thugs Beat Seidu Oshiomhole, Edo Lawmakers-Elect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pro Oshiomole Lawmakers-elect Gone With Their Godfather- Obaseki by janedonez(m): 6:02pm On Oct 06, 2020
Says I have no power to bring them back to the Assembly

By Emmanuel Oloniruha
Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, has said that he had no power to bring back 14 state House of Assembly members-elect yet to be inaugurated.
Obaseki stated this in an interview with newsmen when he paid a thank-you visit to the National Working Committee (NWC), of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), in Abuja on Monday.
Obaseki said that the group of the 14 elected-lawmakers were not prevented from being inaugurated but they “refused to be inaugurated”.
“They were listening to their godfather who kept hoping and promising that he would unconstitutionally get the state House of Assembly to reissue a proclamation even after the court had settled the matter.
“For more than 180 days they did not come. They refused to represent the people. Those seats became vacant; that’s what the constitution says.
“They went to court after those were declared vacant by the Speaker. There is nothing I can do to that at this time.
“I wish it did not happen but people were playing God and promising what is not constitutionally possible.
“It is not about me. I am an elected governor of Edo. I am not one that plants people into the house of Assembly.
“They on their own operated the rules the way it should be, the seats are now vacant.
“We should learn that democracy is underpinned by the constitution and the law.
“Even if I wanted today to bring them back, I don’t have such powers.
“I do not have anything against them because I do not have such authority to bring them back to the house,” Obaseki said.
Asked for his reaction to the declaration by Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), in Edo Election that he was approaching the court that Obaseki was not qualified to run, the governor said he would wait for the court’s outcome.
Obaseki, was accompanied by the Deputy Gov. Philip Shaibu and other PDP leaders from Edo State including former Minister of Works Mike Onolememen and the former Minister of External Affairs, Chief Tom Ikimi.
(NAN)
https://metrowatchonline.com/edo-assembly-pro-oshiomhole-lawmakers-elect-gone-with-their-godfather-obaseki-reveals/
CC: OAM4J, MYND44

1 Like

Re: Pro Oshiomole Lawmakers-elect Gone With Their Godfather- Obaseki by Eriokanmi: 6:05pm On Oct 06, 2020
grin Say no to godfatherism, it ruins careers, it kills ambitions. Oshiomohle is the worst victim in this case. May we not destroy our home with same hands used in building it. Tinubu pushed him into gutter and jeejelly returned to lagos after polls were counted and obaseki was declared winner. Law makers agbaje and yekini of somorika must have finished spending their 40m naira Tinubu's largesse by now. People would never forget. I learnt the commissioner of oil and gas from Orhiomwon is now planning to defect, after disgracing obaseki openly and left his camp for ize-iyamu's, his brother from same LG. Edo election is a lesson to many.

10 Likes

Re: Pro Oshiomole Lawmakers-elect Gone With Their Godfather- Obaseki by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 06, 2020
Obaseki is a real niggggarrr...No caps!

10 Likes

Re: Pro Oshiomole Lawmakers-elect Gone With Their Godfather- Obaseki by Blakjewelry(m): 6:08pm On Oct 06, 2020
Lol make this guy still shut up em mouth small na
Re: Pro Oshiomole Lawmakers-elect Gone With Their Godfather- Obaseki by Skmoda360(m): 6:09pm On Oct 06, 2020
grin....this man still dey talk.
Re: Pro Oshiomole Lawmakers-elect Gone With Their Godfather- Obaseki by uniqueboi1(m): 6:10pm On Oct 06, 2020
Good

Let them go and convene at oshopikin's house.
Them go dae lace oshiomhole head with mace for every sitting grin

7 Likes

Re: Pro Oshiomole Lawmakers-elect Gone With Their Godfather- Obaseki by patiencebest: 6:16pm On Oct 06, 2020
Shame on them

6 Likes

Re: Pro Oshiomole Lawmakers-elect Gone With Their Godfather- Obaseki by godofuck231: 6:17pm On Oct 06, 2020
janedonez:
Says I have no power to bring them back to the Assembly

By Emmanuel Oloniruha
Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, has said that he had no power to bring back 14 state House of Assembly members-elect yet to be inaugurated.
Obaseki stated this in an interview with newsmen when he paid a thank-you visit to the National Working Committee (NWC), of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), in Abuja on Monday.
Obaseki said that the group of the 14 elected-lawmakers were not prevented from being inaugurated but they “refused to be inaugurated”.
“They were listening to their godfather who kept hoping and promising that he would unconstitutionally get the state House of Assembly to reissue a proclamation even after the court had settled the matter.
“For more than 180 days they did not come. They refused to represent the people. Those seats became vacant; that’s what the constitution says.
“They went to court after those were declared vacant by the Speaker. There is nothing I can do to that at this time.
“I wish it did not happen but people were playing God and promising what is not constitutionally possible.
“It is not about me. I am an elected governor of Edo. I am not one that plants people into the house of Assembly.
“They on their own operated the rules the way it should be, the seats are now vacant.
“We should learn that democracy is underpinned by the constitution and the law.
“Even if I wanted today to bring them back, I don’t have such powers.
“I do not have anything against them because I do not have such authority to bring them back to the house,” Obaseki said.
Asked for his reaction to the declaration by Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), in Edo Election that he was approaching the court that Obaseki was not qualified to run, the governor said he would wait for the court’s outcome.
Obaseki, was accompanied by the Deputy Gov. Philip Shaibu and other PDP leaders from Edo State including former Minister of Works Mike Onolememen and the former Minister of External Affairs, Chief Tom Ikimi.
(NAN)
https://metrowatchonline.com/edo-assembly-pro-oshiomhole-lawmakers-elect-gone-with-their-godfather-obaseki-reveals/
CC: OAM4J, MYND44
the dumb dozen, political suicide was the case

2 Likes

Re: Pro Oshiomole Lawmakers-elect Gone With Their Godfather- Obaseki by ghettowriter(m): 6:48pm On Oct 06, 2020
Obaseki you are doing well.

5 Likes

Re: Pro Oshiomole Lawmakers-elect Gone With Their Godfather- Obaseki by Lipscomb(m): 6:52pm On Oct 06, 2020
What a reckless statement. Well I don't blame you,you should thanking God that Buhari is a Democrat leader if not you would have smell pepper.
Re: Pro Oshiomole Lawmakers-elect Gone With Their Godfather- Obaseki by Hyperchi(m): 9:14pm On Oct 06, 2020
Lipscomb:
What a reckless statement. Well I don't blame you,you should thanking God that Buhari is a Democrat leader if not you would have smell pepper.

what did u say that was wrong. so what they did not to show up for work is good. na ur type they complain govt dis govt DAT but see watin u da support. who lose

3 Likes

Re: Pro Oshiomole Lawmakers-elect Gone With Their Godfather- Obaseki by Hyperchi(m): 9:14pm On Oct 06, 2020
Lipscomb:

what did he say that was wrong. so what they did not to show up for work is good. na ur type they complain govt dis govt DAT but see watin u da support. who lose
Re: Pro Oshiomole Lawmakers-elect Gone With Their Godfather- Obaseki by Charmingrascal(m): 9:19pm On Oct 06, 2020
What is democratic about failing to inaugurate duly elected lawmakers
Re: Pro Oshiomole Lawmakers-elect Gone With Their Godfather- Obaseki by aderoju3921: 10:01pm On Oct 06, 2020
....this woman still dey chat.
Re: Pro Oshiomole Lawmakers-elect Gone With Their Godfather- Obaseki by slivertongue: 12:19am On Oct 07, 2020
they are officially jobless.

they can't call themselves former legislators
but failed legislators

1 Like

Re: Pro Oshiomole Lawmakers-elect Gone With Their Godfather- Obaseki by weyreypey: 4:58am On Oct 07, 2020
uniqueboi1:
Good

Let them go and convene at oshopikin's house.
Them go dae lace oshiomhole head with mace for every sitting grin
Thug lol
Re: Pro Oshiomole Lawmakers-elect Gone With Their Godfather- Obaseki by adenigga(m): 6:14am On Oct 07, 2020
slivertongue:
they are officially jobless

''Politically jobless''

(1) (Reply)

Oh Lord, Have Mercy On Nigeria. / A FEDERATED SOUTH: What Southerners Must Do! / Is Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala The Greatest Igbo Woman Alive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.