Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,097 members, 7,821,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Oprah Winfrey Fired Cousin For ‘talking About Jesus’ - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Oprah Winfrey Fired Cousin For ‘talking About Jesus’ (32870 Views)

Omotola With Oprah Winfrey, Boris Kodjoe & Others / Lady Got The Bashing Of Her Life For Talking Ill Of Peter Okoye On Instagram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oprah Winfrey Fired Cousin For ‘talking About Jesus’ by FabulousE1: 9:50am On Mar 07, 2011
oprah faces her doom! her end is so near but she knoweth not.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Fired Cousin For ‘talking About Jesus’ by mrofficial(m): 9:50am On Mar 07, 2011
Myself2:

bleep Oprah,wasn't she the vixen that said all Nigerians were fraudsters

Correct!

With likes of Oprah still alive, I doubt 'the end of the world in 2012 FALSE'.  sad
Re: Oprah Winfrey Fired Cousin For ‘talking About Jesus’ by assme: 9:59am On Mar 07, 2011
You obviously think Jesus is stupiid.

Did som1 actually post that. some people dn't have respect for Christianity. I hardly see muslims using the name of Mohamed in such a negative context. if the so called Christians can't respect and defend their religion then why wouldn't the likes of oprah survive. but for sure her end is near. very near cry
Re: Oprah Winfrey Fired Cousin For ‘talking About Jesus’ by InkedNerd(f): 10:17am On Mar 07, 2011
spikedcylinder:

Lmao! This is so funny! grin grin cheesy

@ topic,

I'm sure there are many people here that have one grudge or the other against one family member or the other. Oprah (according to her) was treated very poorly by members of her family, if she has refused to acknowledge them now, it is entirely her business. You people cannot come and be sitting on your darn high horses and be dictating to others how to live their lives.
I wonder how many people pass beggars on the streets and look the other way yet they come here to tell Oprah how to spend her own money. SMH!

Uh huh, co-sign on that one.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Fired Cousin For ‘talking About Jesus’ by Myself2(m): 10:30am On Mar 07, 2011
I read that God is a jealous God,though he gives people opportunities to turn from their evil ways(like Oprahs puerile attempt to equate her ignorant self to God),He still is the same God that visits His judgement on those who defy His authority.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Fired Cousin For ‘talking About Jesus’ by earlalright(m): 10:32am On Mar 07, 2011
forgive me. i own a show but every time i list shows, presenters and producers i love, Oprah always get the last number. i like other shows she produces like Dr. Phil, Rachael Ray but don't just like seeing her or hearing her talk.

when i heard early this year from my friends that she her started her own religion which sounded like worshiping oprah, it just made me dislike her yet the more. i cannot tell if what her cousin is saying is the truth but i do know that people of her personality could easily do what her cousin asserts.

however, Oprah should not be quick to forget that her success started from the Church - reading articles in programmes as a young teenager and funerals.

i am on Christ side and anyone who is not is an anti-christ.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Fired Cousin For ‘talking About Jesus’ by dbigrod(m): 12:41pm On Mar 07, 2011
earlalright:

forgive me. i own a show but every time i list shows, presenters and producers i love, Oprah always get the last number. i like other shows she produces like Dr. Phil, Rachael Ray but don't just like seeing her or hearing her talk.

when i heard early this year from my friends that she her started her own religion which sounded like worshiping oprah, it just made me dislike her yet the more. i cannot tell if what her cousin is saying is the truth but i do know that people of her personality could easily do what her cousin asserts.

however, Oprah should not be quick to forget that her success started from the Church - reading articles in programmes as a young teenager and funerals.
i am on Christ side and anyone who is not is an anti-christ.

Re: Oprah Winfrey Fired Cousin For ‘talking About Jesus’ by blackpanda: 1:19pm On Mar 07, 2011
OH PUH-LEESE! I serzly doubt that oprah would fire anyone jst cos ur a christian. There is definitely more to the story than is being told. As for family, one has to be very careful. Afterall, look at the story of Gary Coleman who ended up being played by his own parents. The young finally got bankrupt and had to do minial jobs to survive. its pathetic! we all know how extended families are, many of them believe they are the reason ur as successful as you are, and the believe they're entitled to a nice percentage of your wealth jst cos you have the same last name. i believe oprah is a smart woman and is able to detect such ugly leeches and flush them out!! So cry me a river !!
Re: Oprah Winfrey Fired Cousin For ‘talking About Jesus’ by assme: 1:33pm On Mar 07, 2011
^^^OK, so all u've said justifies her being a god or mediator in place of Jesus as she declared.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Fired Cousin For ‘talking About Jesus’ by Nobody: 2:11pm On Mar 07, 2011
earlalright:

[B]i am on Christ side and anyone who is not is an anti-christ[/b].

Na so? And who are you to judge Holy Chief?
Re: Oprah Winfrey Fired Cousin For ‘talking About Jesus’ by InkedNerd(f): 4:31pm On Mar 07, 2011
ogugua88:

Na so? And who are you to judge Holy Chief?

Ask am tongue

A lot of the people on this thread sound like a bunch of paranoid schizos. Its ridiculous tongue
Re: Oprah Winfrey Fired Cousin For ‘talking About Jesus’ by stz(m): 5:12pm On Mar 07, 2011
Anyway. My contribution is for folks who would take out time to really find our who oprah really is. She is evil. google her and get info about her religion. I've got handfull info about this woman. So i believe the story. Actually, Oprah is anti Jesus.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Fired Cousin For ‘talking About Jesus’ by Abbygurl(f): 5:21pm On Mar 07, 2011
She reminds of the rich fool in the bible. Its no small matter for mere mortals to begin parading themselves as God when they become power drunk. I pray she repents now while she still has the opportunity and carry her numerous followers along with her.

As per being friends or not with her family, most successful individuals who want to stay successful would keep away from family members cos most of them, If they have their way would deliberately or otherwise run you down. You really have to be wise in dealing with them or face dire consequences.  

@texazzpete & pro01 God will judge everybody.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Fired Cousin For ‘talking About Jesus’ by Nobody: 5:30pm On Mar 07, 2011
stz:

Anyway. My contribution is for folks who would take out time to really find our who oprah really is. She is evil. google her and get info about her religion. I've got handfull info about this woman. So i believe the story. Actually, Oprah is anti Jesus.

And so? I'd rather have someone that is anti-Jesus than anti-family. It's wrong to fire a family member for something as petty as a religious issue. Religion is personal choice, not a mandate.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Fired Cousin For ‘talking About Jesus’ by Nobody: 6:47pm On Mar 07, 2011
ogugua88:

I'd rather have someone that is anti-Jesus than anti-family.

Ogugua odika e na gwo ogwu di egwu. Anyways, I wouldn't want to go too far with this pro or anti Jesus thing, lest I incur divine wrath.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Fired Cousin For ‘talking About Jesus’ by Nobody: 7:03pm On Mar 07, 2011
pro01:

Ogugua odika e na gwo ogwu di egwu. Anyways, I wouldn't want to go too far with this pro or anti Jesus thing, lest I incur divine wrath.

What's the difference between my voodoo and your own? There's no hypocrisy in my voodoo. I hope all of una can say the same. I already know the answer though.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Fired Cousin For ‘talking About Jesus’ by Nobody: 7:25pm On Mar 07, 2011
ogugua88:

What's the difference between my voodoo and your own? There's no hypocrisy in my voodoo. I hope all of una can say the same. I already know the answer though.

So you admit to 'voodooism'? Looks can be deceptive, or so they say. I'm content with being Catholic oh, although I'd never judge anyone else (e.g you) that prefers a Dibia to a 'Fada'.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Fired Cousin For ‘talking About Jesus’ by Nobody: 7:37pm On Mar 07, 2011
pro01:

So you admit to 'voodooism'? Looks can be deceptive, or so they say. I'm content with being Catholic oh, although I'd never judge anyone else (e.g you) that prefers a Dibia to a 'Fada'.

Well you mentioned voodooism so I mentioned it back. I'm glad you're content. That's how it's supposed to be. You believe in religion. I don't. Neither of us are wrong nor right. The sooner people understand that basic concept, the better.

Never judge a book by it's cover; it only leads to disappointment cheesy
Re: Oprah Winfrey Fired Cousin For ‘talking About Jesus’ by Omolola1(f): 7:58pm On Mar 07, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Oprah Winfrey Fired Cousin For ‘talking About Jesus’ by InkedNerd(f): 8:13pm On Mar 07, 2011
ogugua88:

Well you mentioned voodooism so I mentioned it back. I'm glad you're content. That's how it's supposed to be. You believe in religion. I don't. Neither of us are wrong nor right. The sooner people understand that basic concept, the better.

Never judge a book by it's cover; it only leads to disappointment cheesy

Right on ogugua88 cheesy
Re: Oprah Winfrey Fired Cousin For ‘talking About Jesus’ by DamiKhojie(m): 1:03am On Mar 08, 2011
After what she had to go through as a child she doesn't owe them anything and even then I'm sure a lot of them are well taken care of. I'm sure we all have family members that are no where to be found when you need them and are the first ones at your door when they need something or even when you taste a bit of success.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Fired Cousin For ‘talking About Jesus’ by Nobody: 2:32am On Mar 08, 2011
her show, her call @ topic.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Fired Cousin For ‘talking About Jesus’ by Myself2(m): 7:53am On Mar 08, 2011
Her end will be shameful,mark my word
Re: Oprah Winfrey Fired Cousin For ‘talking About Jesus’ by Nobody: 9:35am On Mar 08, 2011
Bla bla bla. . . if she doesn't like Jesus, she doesn't. Dont bring in talks of them being jealous.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Fired Cousin For ‘talking About Jesus’ by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 08, 2011
Myself2:

Her end will be shameful,mark my word

Na today?
Re: Oprah Winfrey Fired Cousin For ‘talking About Jesus’ by Nobody: 10:04am On Mar 08, 2011
pro01:

Na today?
loooooool grin grin grin cool
Re: Oprah Winfrey Fired Cousin For ‘talking About Jesus’ by mamagee3(f): 10:54pm On Mar 08, 2011
Fabulous E:

oprah faces her doom! her end is so near but she knoweth not.
Don't mind the puppy-faced legend wanna-be.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Fired Cousin For ‘talking About Jesus’ by Nobody: 11:40pm On Mar 08, 2011
mama-gee:

Don't mind the puppy-faced legend wanna-be.

Oprah Winfrey? legend 'wanna-be'? The first self-made female black dollar-billionaire in human history? The perennial most influential black woman on earth? The woman who made Obama president? The most inspiring zero to hero, grass to grace story in modern times? Lwkmd. I guess no one becomes a legend until mama gee says so.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Fired Cousin For ‘talking About Jesus’ by mrofficial(m): 12:58am On Mar 09, 2011
^^ ( Ecclesiastes 12:8 ) "Vanity of vanities," says the Preacher, "all is vanity!"  She was the one that also said JESUS IS ONE OF THE WAYS. If Oprah was living a life of commoner, I bet she would be going to church and serving God. But now you can see, she has her own religion.  Money is powerful. (1 Timothy 6:10) "The love of money is the root of all kinds of evil"

Pro01, you wouldn't want to be like her when you have billions. Why would you create a religion that you did not when you were not rich? She now feels like God. Let's take the money and fame away. So what now? Different from others? No! Think about it.

Nobody holy pass. But we should always remember and be careful when success gets in, if not, we go astray. Though she has all, but she's out of control. We'll get to see more of her, that's when you'll  know that the money is totally deranging her life (not physically). Forget about her wealth, her struggles which brought her up to this stage, just look at her personal life.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Fired Cousin For ‘talking About Jesus’ by emmabowin(m): 1:16am On Mar 09, 2011
O MY GOD
i nor even know all these things before.i don check am for youtube.oprah is develish oo
Re: Oprah Winfrey Fired Cousin For ‘talking About Jesus’ by Nobody: 1:23am On Mar 09, 2011
^^^^^^ A very credible source sha. Especially if it's not a documentary. *sarcasm*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Throwback: See Faze And Niyola Before Fame / Odunlade Adekola Tricks Eniola Ajao, Plans Another Surprise Birthday Party / Richard Mofe-Damijo Shares Photo Of His Grandchildren

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.