Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,956 members, 7,821,359 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Oprah Winfrey Fired Cousin For ‘talking About Jesus’ - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Oprah Winfrey Fired Cousin For ‘talking About Jesus’ (32869 Views)

Omotola With Oprah Winfrey, Boris Kodjoe & Others / Lady Got The Bashing Of Her Life For Talking Ill Of Peter Okoye On Instagram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oprah Winfrey Fired Cousin For ‘talking About Jesus’ by mrofficial(m): 1:28am On Mar 09, 2011
^^^ I tire ooo. Wonder if NL still has moderators.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Fired Cousin For ‘talking About Jesus’ by InkedNerd(f): 7:01am On Mar 09, 2011
ogugua88:

^^^^^^ A very credible source sha. Especially if it's not a documentary. *sarcasm*

lol, its crazy how people use those idiotic videos on Youtube to push their religious agenda. I saw one video where some foolish pastor twisted and misconstrued Oprah's words and made it seem like she was saying something else. Its a shame. I guess they'll keep pushin' by any means just as long as they get their religious views across tongue.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Fired Cousin For ‘talking About Jesus’ by rasputinn(m): 12:49pm On Mar 09, 2011
blink182:

loooooool grin grin grin cool

You find this funnyWell good luck to you and your friends
Re: Oprah Winfrey Fired Cousin For ‘talking About Jesus’ by yuooop: 12:50pm On Mar 10, 2011
w hy are u saying this? Go to YouTube and watch Opra's old tapes "The Church of Opra" javascript:void(0);javascript:void(0);javascript:void(0);
Re: Oprah Winfrey Fired Cousin For ‘talking About Jesus’ by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 10, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

lol, its crazy how people use those idiotic videos on Youtube to push their religious agenda. I saw one video where some foolish pastor twisted and misconstrued Oprah's words and made it seem like she was saying something else. Its a shame. I guess they'll keep pushin' by any means just as long as they get their religious views across tongue.

Abi? If youtube was credible then I'd also be shouting that Michael Jackson is still alive.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Fired Cousin For ‘talking About Jesus’ by dederocs(m): 12:14pm On Apr 09, 2013
r231: We already knew Oprah wasn’t a big fan of most black folks but we didn’t know she had beef with Jesus too!

Oprah’s cousin Jo Baldwin is speaking out about how her rich cuzzo fired her for loving Jesus and the terrible way Harpo treats her own family…

Shortly after Oprah Winfrey became a national sensation she hired her first cousin Jo Baldwin to be her speechwriter. Later she promoted Baldwin to VP of her company Harpo Inc.

“When I received my PhD in 1985 from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Oprah asked me where I was going to work,” said Jo Baldwin in the summer of 2010. “I said I would be applying for a position at Ebony magazine as a copy editor. Oprah said she did not like Linda Johnson Rice [owner of Ebony] and I should come to work for her instead. So I did.”

“I was to work for her for three years, but she fired me without notice after two years… I heard from someone later that she got rid of me because she got tired of me talking about Jesus all the time… Oprah preferred the teachings of Shirley MacLaine’s books, such as Dancing in the Light and Out on a Limb, which Oprah made me read but I didn’t think much of.”

Baldwin isn’t the only relative who has been put off by her famous family member. The common consensus among Winfrey’s clan is that Harpo don’t love them!

The power of Oprah’s vast wealth makes most of her relatives quake. They want to be part of the luxurious life that she offers on occasion (her lavish Christmas presents, her birthday checks, even her hand-me-downs) but they chafe at the way she has dismissed them since becoming famous and they know that she does not cherish them as family. She prefers instead her celebrity friends. Oprah holds Maya Angelou as the mother she should’ve had; she sees Sidney Poitier as her father, Quincy Jones as her uncle, and Gayle King as her beloved sister.

Jo Baldwin became estranged from her famous relative who continues to put distance between herself and her blood relations. Oprah will not give her mother, Vernita Lee, her personal phone number. If her mother needs to call Oprah, she must call the studio and talk to Oprah’s producers.

‘”The family is tangled with so many secrets and so much fear,” said Baldwin. “I admit I was afraid of Oprah for 20 years. Absolutely terrified. She’s powerful and dangerous. She told me if I ever opened my mouth [about what I know] she’d sue my pants off.”

“Mainly, Oprah wanted to shame me for being a follower of Jesus as if to say, ‘What is He doing for you that’s so great?’ Oprah inflicts emotional wounds that could lead to physical illness, if they aren’t healed. My faith has kept me from getting sick [over her].”

Oprah ain’t got no love for Jesus Or her own family That’s a damn shame!

http://nollywoodgossip.net/2011/03/04/shocking-oprah-winfrey-fired-cousin-for-%e2%80%98talking-about-jesus%e2%80%99/
this is rubbish...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Goldie Harvey's Property Auction (Photos) / Odunlade Adekola Tricks Eniola Ajao, Plans Another Surprise Birthday Party / Throwback: See Faze And Niyola Before Fame

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.