Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

I Got Tricked To Attend Bode George Reception, Says Obasanjo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Got Tricked To Attend Bode George Reception, Says Obasanjo (8253 Views)

Tribunal Judgement: Wike Returns To A Rousing Reception In Port Harcourt / Gov Rochas Okorocha Receives Heroes Reception (pictures) / Buhari Tricked, Misses Atiku's Sons Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Got Tricked To Attend Bode George Reception, Says Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:55pm On Mar 04, 2011
dayokanu:

Was he not one of the ppl who went to support a criminal and waited for 2hrs service dancing and celebrating a criminal

a week later claimed he was tricked

So he should have walked out from the church when he discovered what was going ? I doubt that cuz the only thing he would have done is what he's doing now;coming out to discredit the whole charade.
Did he visit him while in prison for almost 2 years ? NO !
Re: I Got Tricked To Attend Bode George Reception, Says Obasanjo by dayokanu(m): 8:58pm On Mar 04, 2011
~Bluetooth:

So he should have walked out from the church when he discovered what was going ? I doubt that cuz the only thing he would have done is what he's doing now;coming out to discredit the whole charade.
Did he visit him while in prison for almost 2 years ? NO !

What is your logic? He went for something, FOund another thing there, The other thing he found he doesnt support what should he do? Celebrate with them and later come and criticize them or simply walk out.

Bluetooth, So if you find yourself somewhere and they are celebrating corruption like OBJ and co did on Saturday what would you do? Sit down and dance with them later criticise them or Simply walk out?
Re: I Got Tricked To Attend Bode George Reception, Says Obasanjo by hercules07: 9:10pm On Mar 04, 2011
OBJ is a trickster and a liar, he knew what was happening, he is just trying to extricate himself. I am surprised people are still fooled by this old man, we have farmed past that river jare.
Re: I Got Tricked To Attend Bode George Reception, Says Obasanjo by Nobody: 9:13pm On Mar 04, 2011
dayokanu:

What is your logic? He went for something, FOund another thing there, The other thing he found he doesnt support what should he do? Celebrate with them and later come and criticize them or simply walk out.

Bluetooth, So if you find yourself somewhere and they are celebrating corruption like OBJ and co did on Saturday what would you do? Sit down and dance with them later criticise them or Simply walk out?
Do you celebrate corruption in the church ? Don't forget he said they told him the family is celebrating a thanksgiving but he was surprised when it became a party affairs.
The party part is what he' s talking about and this has more to do with the party's credibility to have shown support for a corrupt ex-convict.
Re: I Got Tricked To Attend Bode George Reception, Says Obasanjo by monkeyleg: 9:14pm On Mar 04, 2011
Kobojunkie:

PDP is always denying one thing or the other. He attended and stayed through the ceremony, didn't he?

No mind am, e done chop rice and chicken finish, drink big stout, come dey talk this kind rubbish
Re: I Got Tricked To Attend Bode George Reception, Says Obasanjo by dayokanu(m): 9:18pm On Mar 04, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Do you celebrate corruption in the church ? Don't forget he said they told him the family is celebrating a thanksgiving but he was surprised when it became a party affairs.
The party part is what he' s talking about and this has more to do with the party's credibility to have shown support for a corrupt ex-convict.

When he now found out in the church that it was a PDP affair celebrating corruption and having thanksgiving for a corrupt convict, What did he do? And If you were in his shoes, what would you have done.

If I were in his shoes, i woulda walked out of the show of shame
Re: I Got Tricked To Attend Bode George Reception, Says Obasanjo by Kobojunkie: 9:22pm On Mar 04, 2011
What the heck kind of question is "Do you celebrate corruption in the church"? As if it is not the favorite pastime of many of our leaders  . . . . ROFLMAO!!
Re: I Got Tricked To Attend Bode George Reception, Says Obasanjo by agabaI23(m): 9:31pm On Mar 04, 2011
Kobojunkie:

He didn't earn himself any points with me since I am not buying that excuse. This has become the M.O of these PDP politicians, they do what they want and[b] when they realize people do not consider the decision a good one, they retract and produce some of the most ridiculous of excuses.[/b]

Again, why did he stay through the program if he really believed he was tricked. I am not in Nigeria but when I attend a gathering, I know if it is funeral, thanksgiving or even a celebration. If say na for here dem hold am, I for say maybe he was right but we are speaking of flamboyant program that was aired, I believe Live, on tv.

As ridiculous as it may be, that underlines the fact that they are human. Secondly it also shows that they listen to people's opinions which is a very good ingredient of democracy.

Obasanjo is one person who does what he wants and never cares whose ox is gored. So for him to even do what you have suggested means he is 'changing'.

If had you said that they knowingly do what they want with a prepared flimsy excuse to give afterwards in their minds then it would have been a different thing.

Your statement in this instance is giving them credit indirectly.
Re: I Got Tricked To Attend Bode George Reception, Says Obasanjo by Nobody: 9:37pm On Mar 04, 2011
dayokanu:

When he now found out in the church that it was a PDP affair celebrating corruption and having thanksgiving for a corrupt convict, What did he do? And If you were in his shoes, what would you have done.

If I were in his shoes, i woulda walked out of the show of shame
You don't need to work out when you find yourself in a wrong place that you are cordially invited to for the sake of courtesy.
Btw,I won't work out from the church if i find myself in that kind of situation.
Re: I Got Tricked To Attend Bode George Reception, Says Obasanjo by agabaI23(m): 9:41pm On Mar 04, 2011
~Bluetooth:

You don't need to work out when you find yourself in a wrong place that you are cordially invited to for the sake of courtesy.
[b]Btw,I won't work out from the church if i find myself in that kind of situatio[/b]n.
You are there is that you are there. The press would have seen you already. Obasanjo is one man who would not want to be seen as weak.
Working away is trying too hard to impress (not bad if you want to). However remember that a human being is involved.
Re: I Got Tricked To Attend Bode George Reception, Says Obasanjo by Kobojunkie: 10:02pm On Mar 04, 2011
agabaI23:

As ridiculous as it may be, that underlines the fact that they are human. Secondly it also shows that they listen to people's opinions which is a very good ingredient of democracy.

. . . . well, it is also human to want to STEAL BILLIONS OF Naira in money believing you have a right to it, so you can make sure you at least get as much of the national cake for yourself as you can, and so you can live as well as the many others, or even better, who already do it. It is very much human to deflect blame when you are caught.  So do we then conclude that that is not wrong since it is HUMAN?

agabaI23:

Obasanjo is one person who does what he wants and never cares whose ox is gored. So for him to even do what you have suggested means he is 'changing'.
Obansanjo, though he does what he wants, has always known that the only way he can remain where is today in Nigerian politics, is if he continues to appeal to that, for lack of a better word, gullible side of his admirers and followers(yes he has them). He plays the 'tribal' card, the 'victim' card, 'religion' card, you name it  . . . any card he can to buy himself an excuse each time, and he did a very good job of this during the Yar adua regime when he went from being a beloved man to being the most hated man in the media.

agabaI23:

If had you said that they knowingly do what they want with a prepared flimsy excuse to give afterwards in their minds then it would have been a different thing.

Your statement in this instance is giving them credit indirectly.

I am sorry but what is the difference between what I said and what you have above? Let's not play twister . . . you know what I mean and a lot of others understood exactly what the message was. Don't try to make it seem it is not saying exactly that which it is saying.  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: I Got Tricked To Attend Bode George Reception, Says Obasanjo by agabaI23(m): 10:31pm On Mar 04, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I am sorry but what is the difference between what I said and what you have above? Let's not play twister . . . you know what I mean and a lot of others understood exactly what the message was. Don't try to make it seem it is not saying exactly that which it is saying.  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Let me start from the last question.

The difference between what you said and what I inferred is the phrase ' when they realize'. By this you are practically telling us that they did not realize at the beginning that people will not approve of what they were doing and when they realised it was not popular, they apologised or withdrew.
Kobojunkie:

. . . . well, it is also human to want to STEAL BILLIONS OF Naira in money believing you have a right to it, so you can make sure you at least get as much of the national cake for yourself as you can, and so you can live as well as the many others, or even better, who already do it. It is very much human to deflect blame when you are caught.  So do we then conclude that that is not wrong since it is HUMAN?

The context of this comment is totally different from the context of your earlier comment. Reason is that in the above comment, the action is premeditated knowing that the people will revolt against it going by your submission.  So your explanation does not nullify my earlier submission that you were indirectly or better put inadvertently giving them credit except you want to remove the phrase 'when they realize'
Re: I Got Tricked To Attend Bode George Reception, Says Obasanjo by Genius100: 10:52pm On Mar 04, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Obansanjo, though he does what he wants, has always known that the only way he can remain where is today in Nigerian politics, is if he continues to appeal to that, for lack of a better word, gullible side of his admirers and followers(yes he has them). He plays the 'tribal' card, the 'victim' card, 'religion' card, you name it  . . . any card he can to buy himself an excuse each time, and he did a very good job of this during the Yar adua regime when he went from being a beloved man to being the most hated man in the media.

Please present us with examples of when OBJ played the tribal, victim and religion cards.

Thanks
Re: I Got Tricked To Attend Bode George Reception, Says Obasanjo by chriswely: 11:23pm On Mar 04, 2011
OBJ isnt a saint, infact u cn say he is tha devil, but him publicly sayin this is sth, Dnt lie u luv hearin dis man speak in public.
Re: I Got Tricked To Attend Bode George Reception, Says Obasanjo by Becomrichn: 2:52am On Mar 05, 2011
v
Re: I Got Tricked To Attend Bode George Reception, Says Obasanjo by agabaI23(m): 2:56am On Mar 05, 2011
Becomrichn:

Obasanjo : Nuhu Ribadu may be connected with bode george going to jail

you see, i went to meet yar adua and chief bode george in new york to show them the satellite pictures. I was unable to see yar adua but i did meet chief bode george. the same week i posted the secret information on the internet was the same week chief bode george was accused of the case and was arrested.

And i think I also posted it on Nigeria villages square which Nuhu ribadu is a constant visitor. even while Nuhu Ribadu may have left the EFCC , he had old connection inside the EFCC. From what I know , since the satellite pictures has come out Nuhu Ribadu have been doing everything possible , so that the Yoruba people would not get justice for the issue of the satellite pictures.

Since I started posting it on NVS before nairaland. I have study Nuhu Ribadu in the media. And I can clearly state he is anti yoruba and and he is strongly against Edo,delta and Yoruba joining the republic of Benin. He is old school. who think a section of the country should not leave to bring peace. This is why I have openly oppose him.

He is been selfish , Nuhu Ribadu is not considering the fact than his people would become minority and that this may lead to a bloodly civil war. You can not continue to cheat forever.

And if you look at his profile as EFCC boss and the number of arrest made. Nuhu has arrested 90% of southerners , even while the bulk of the money was in the north. Clearly nuhu ribadu is clearly against the Yoruba people.
grin grin grin becomerich the 'electricity' Engineer
Re: I Got Tricked To Attend Bode George Reception, Says Obasanjo by Nobody: 6:34am On Mar 05, 2011
Genius100:

Please present us with examples of when OBJ played the tribal, victim and religion cards.

Thanks
Wetin person no go hear for nl shocked . .Obj that came under strong criticism for refusing to recognise state of origin and religion in the 2006 census is who somebody said is playing ethnic and religion cards ! Na wao
Re: I Got Tricked To Attend Bode George Reception, Says Obasanjo by Nobody: 2:00pm On Mar 05, 2011
Nigerians and our crucify him crucify him mentality--- The man confesses that he went there and was surprised about the whole affair, some folks have even gone ahead to cast aspersions on the officiating cleric- the problem is most folks don't really read or notice whats happening in the country, they are quick to take it what suits them and discard the views of others.

If most folks would have taken their time to check facts you'd find out that even the cleric who presided over the thanksgiving took a swipe at Bode George, tongue-lashing him even in the church

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201102271115129

they never read that one, quickly attacking the church

OBJ has stated clearly he was invited and he honoured it, maybe some folks would walk out in anger, but to be fair was that the best course of action, it wasn't a strip club, but a thanksgiving, he has come out openly saying it was wrong even if he was there, that's courageous even if it would damage his reputation and that of his party. He made the right decision condemning it---- but the saints in our midst who commit no sin and have never heard of the word "remorse" would be quick to call him names.
Re: I Got Tricked To Attend Bode George Reception, Says Obasanjo by seanet02: 2:10pm On Mar 05, 2011
Medicine after Death
Re: I Got Tricked To Attend Bode George Reception, Says Obasanjo by Diligence: 2:28pm On Mar 05, 2011
Indeedy - rascals to the core!
Re: I Got Tricked To Attend Bode George Reception, Says Obasanjo by debosky(m): 2:49pm On Mar 05, 2011
I think folk shoudl give OBJ the benefit of the doubt - from what I read about the church service, the pastor clearly admonished Bode George to ensure that he was no longer involved in the type of activities that got him locked up.

If indeed OBJ didn't realise it was a PDP affair till he joined in the service, I don't see how leaving would have changed anything. Besides, he is neither seeking elective office nor engaging in a popularity contest. I personally don't see any benefit for him to lie in this matter.
Re: I Got Tricked To Attend Bode George Reception, Says Obasanjo by agabaI23(m): 2:50pm On Mar 05, 2011
debosky:

I think folk shoudl give OBJ the benefit of the doubt - from what I read about the church service, the pastor clearly admonished Bode George to ensure that he was no longer involved in the type of activities that got him locked up.

If indeed OBJ didn't realise it was a PDP affair till he joined in the service, I don't see how leaving would have changed anything. Besides, he is neither seeking elective office nor engaging in a popularity contest. I personally don't see any benefit for him to lie in this matter.
Tell kobojunkie
Re: I Got Tricked To Attend Bode George Reception, Says Obasanjo by 1025: 3:07pm On Mar 05, 2011
crook or not,he has come out to blame his party for supporting a thief like Bode george.
don't you think there's weight in his criticism of pdp's stance on Bode ?

@bluetooth,
u are a fool. if you can believe this kind of story then u can believe anything.
at 74 obj was tricked by bode george to a thanksgiving ceremony? this same obasanjo will come out tomorrow to deny this statement. this same old liar told pdp members to be visiting bode george in jail. if pdp does not like his criminality, why won't they expel him from the party?
is bode george more criminal than obasanjo, tony annenih and andy uba? is bode george behind the $16b electricity contract? is bode george behind the N300b lagos benin expressway contract? grow up or die. nigerians have been living with these lies and liars for 12 yrs so if u are close to them, tell them we want change.
Re: I Got Tricked To Attend Bode George Reception, Says Obasanjo by redsun(m): 3:13pm On Mar 05, 2011
Fcking lying scumbag obj,he got perturbed this time because people like okogie have the guts this time to speak out against his shameless atrocity.
Re: I Got Tricked To Attend Bode George Reception, Says Obasanjo by Kobojunkie: 3:20pm On Mar 05, 2011
agabaI23:

Tell kobojunkie

Stop posting my moniker just cause you can. Just because you do not agree with me does not make me wrong or whatever it is you are even arguing. I really don't care. I do not give credit where I do not see fit to. If you want to, go right ahead. I am not you. But it is childish to post what you have above rather than better arguing whatever it is you are getting at(which I still have no clue of and honestly would rather not bother with since it all seems more like word play and nothing more).
Re: I Got Tricked To Attend Bode George Reception, Says Obasanjo by johnjoel(m): 3:29pm On Mar 05, 2011
what a nonsense arant crook actually said that buull sssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttttt
Re: I Got Tricked To Attend Bode George Reception, Says Obasanjo by agabaI23(m): 3:44pm On Mar 05, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Stop posting my moniker just cause you can. Just because you do not agree with me does not make me wrong or whatever it is you are even arguing. I really don't care. I do not give credit where I do not see fit to. If you want to, go right ahead. I am not you. But it is childish to post what you have above rather than better arguing whatever it is you are getting at(which I still have no clue of and honestly would rather not bother with since it all seems more like word play and nothing more).
That's funny if you claim you do not understand my argument above which you shied away from countering. There is nothing like word play is my argument, I was responding to you based on what you posted and I know you understood my point. You can edit your post if what you posted was not what you meant.

I however do apologize if showing you another argument that supports my earlier submission is offensive to you. Or are annoyed that you were pushed to a corner?
Re: I Got Tricked To Attend Bode George Reception, Says Obasanjo by Kobojunkie: 3:53pm On Mar 05, 2011
Me? Shy away from defending? You are not new to Nairaland . . .  ROFLMAO!!

Sorry dude, but it is simply a case of[b] I DO NOT FREAKING UNDERSTAND WHAT THE HECK YOU ARE GOING ON ABOUT and would RATHER NOT PLAY WORD GAMES with you or anyone else on this or any issue[/b]. It get's tiring after a while! I simply stated my OPINION there, if you have a problem with it -- meaning you have a different opinion, that is fine but don't demand I change mine for yours. That would simply be ridiculous.
Re: I Got Tricked To Attend Bode George Reception, Says Obasanjo by monkeyleg: 3:58pm On Mar 05, 2011
Come oh, Is Bode George still a member of the PDP?
Re: I Got Tricked To Attend Bode George Reception, Says Obasanjo by redsun(m): 4:00pm On Mar 05, 2011
Nigerian ruling elite does not know the difference between an exconvict and an illustrious citizen.
Re: I Got Tricked To Attend Bode George Reception, Says Obasanjo by monkeyleg: 4:04pm On Mar 05, 2011
BaJoo, and people are still following PDP blindly. What a mix
Re: I Got Tricked To Attend Bode George Reception, Says Obasanjo by agabaI23(m): 4:06pm On Mar 05, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Me? Shy away from defending? You are not new to Nairaland . . .  ROFLMAO!!

Sorry dude, but it is simply a case of I DO NOT FREAKING UNDERSTAND WHAT THE HECK YOU ARE GOING ON ABOUT and would RATHER NOT PLAY WORD GAMES with you or anyone else on this or any issue. It get's tiring after a while! I simply stated my OPINION there, if you have a problem with it -- meaning you have a different opinion, that is fine but don't demand I change mine for yours. That would simply be ridiculous.

First off no one wants you to change your mind because I am not even sure you are in a place where  you can vote so it makes nonsense.

That you prefer to refer to a valid point raised from you post as a word game is what baffles me. No one is a wizard that will x-ray your mind to understand what you wanted to say if you assume that what you wrote is not what you wanted to write.

' When they realize' means that the subject did not realize beforehand. . . that contradicts your later  explanation Kobo. Was that not what you meant?
You can humbly accept that you did not think over your post and edit it or accept that you were indirectly giving them grounds to gloat.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Imo Has Over 7.8 Trillion Scf Gas Reserves / Abba kyari: See Top Choice For The Next Chief Of Staff / LP Losing Governorship Elections Massively In Benue, Plateau And Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.