Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,618 members, 7,865,489 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:00 PM

Ikwerre And Igbo Saga, Is This The Most Truthful Account - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikwerre And Igbo Saga, Is This The Most Truthful Account (891 Views)

She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo / Peter Obi- The Most Truthful And Consistent Politician / Dino Melaye To Be Confirmed Nigeria's 'Most Truthful Politician' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikwerre And Igbo Saga, Is This The Most Truthful Account by Elizabeth87: 11:44am On Oct 09, 2020
So I stormed this post which gave one of the most vivid account of the Ikwere and Igbo Saga, although I sensed a little Bias, generally I think there could be some element of truth. On the most part the article did state that Ikwerres are Igboid and that the Igbo identity is artificial, While It maybe realistic to classify the Ikwerres as Igboid (Maybe against their wish), to opine that the general Igbo identity is artificial to me is a little bit of a case. What is your opinion.
View Source: https://www.yageeplus.com/2020/09/28/ikweres-tale-igboid/
Re: Ikwerre And Igbo Saga, Is This The Most Truthful Account by Aboks(m): 11:53am On Oct 09, 2020
Ye ndu
Re: Ikwerre And Igbo Saga, Is This The Most Truthful Account by Gang90: 12:02pm On Oct 09, 2020
There is a lot of truths to that
Re: Ikwerre And Igbo Saga, Is This The Most Truthful Account by gidgiddy: 12:04pm On Oct 09, 2020
The word "come" in the Ikwerre language is "Bia"

If you ask any Nigerian which ethic group says "Bia" as come, what will they tell you?

There sub-groups of the Igbo nation from Ngwa to Nsukka to Wawa to Ohuhu to Diopka to Ika to Asa to Ikwerre

They all have one ancestral language called Igbo and their ancestral surname is Igbo and thats they are all generally called "Igbo"

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre And Igbo Saga, Is This The Most Truthful Account by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 09, 2020
Elizabeth87:
So I stormed this post which gave one of the most vivid account of the Ikwere and Igbo Saga, although I sensed a little Bias, generally I think there could be some element of truth. On the most part the article did state that Ikwerres are Igboid and that the Igbo identity is artificial, While It maybe realistic to classify the Ikwerres as Igboid (Maybe against their wish), to opine that the general Igbo identity is artificial to me is a little bit of a case. What is your opinion.
View Source: https://www.yageeplus.com/2020/09/28/ikweres-tale-igboid/

So make read the nonsense in your blog.

lalasticlala seun myndt move this to cultural section...pls

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre And Igbo Saga, Is This The Most Truthful Account by Gang90: 12:12pm On Oct 09, 2020
gidgiddy:
The word "come" in the Ikwerre language is "Bia"

If you ask any Nigerian which ethic group says "Bia" as come, what will they tell you?

There sub-groups of the Igbo nation from Ngwa to Nsukka to Wawa to Ohuhu to Diopka to Ika to Asa to Ikwerre

They all have one ancestral language called Igbo and their ancestral surname is Igbo and thats they are all generally called "Igbo"
While the things you said above could be the case, it is the reserve of a people to decide who they are, while Nigerians and the world sees Ikwere as Igbos, they themselves does not and that's where the whole identity crisis
Re: Ikwerre And Igbo Saga, Is This The Most Truthful Account by Minsk24: 12:17pm On Oct 09, 2020
There's so much sense in the article
Re: Ikwerre And Igbo Saga, Is This The Most Truthful Account by splendour7(m): 12:43pm On Oct 09, 2020
I Didn't Care Opening The Site Let Alone Reading Any Rubbish Article, But I Want To Make It Clear That Ikweres Are Not And Will Never Be Igbos! We The Igbos Dnt See Them As Part Of Us And We Will Never Regard Them As Igbos,you Guys Should Stop Creating All These Multiple Rubbish Threads About This Topic,ikweres Are Bini And Must Be Address As Binis Period!!

8 Likes

Re: Ikwerre And Igbo Saga, Is This The Most Truthful Account by Asgard13: 1:00pm On Oct 09, 2020
splendour7:
I Didn't Care Opening The Site Let Alone Reading Any Rubbish Article, But I Want To Make It Clear That Ikweres Are Not And Will Never Be Igbos! We The Igbos Dnt See Them As Part Of Us And We Will Never Regard Them As Igbos,you Guys Should Stop Creating All These Multiple Rubbish Threads About This Topic,ikweres Are Bini And Must Be Address As Binis Period!!

Billion likes

They can chose to be Fulani... who cares!

Yoruba have succeeded in dividing and confusing them...

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre And Igbo Saga, Is This The Most Truthful Account by DozieMartin: 2:01pm On Oct 09, 2020
Ibadan express journalism....
If in this generation you're still contending where you're from then you're irrelevant to people you're contending it with.
There's culture, language, DNA are the simplest means of identification but South West prefer using Nairaland because of oil.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre And Igbo Saga, Is This The Most Truthful Account by gidgiddy: 2:02pm On Oct 09, 2020
Gang90:

While the things you said above could be the case, it is the reserve of a people to decide who they are, while Nigerians and the world sees Ikwere as Igbos, they themselves does not and that's where the whole identity crisis

Im a black man. Im free to tell the world that Im a white man but people will always will always go with the reality on the ground.

Any Ikwerre can claim to be anything from Japanese to an Afghan, but as long as you open your mouth and speak Igbo as your ancestral language and bear an Igbo ancestral surname, even Japanese and Afghans will laugh their heads off

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre And Igbo Saga, Is This The Most Truthful Account by moradeke42109: 2:31pm On Oct 09, 2020
There is a much of facts to that
Re: Ikwerre And Igbo Saga, Is This The Most Truthful Account by Ngorbungor(m): 3:38pm On Oct 09, 2020
gidgiddy:

Im a black man. Im free to tell the world that Im a white man but people will always will always go with the reality on the ground.

Any Ikwerre can claim to be anything from Japanese to an Afghan, but as long as you open your mouth and speak Igbo as your ancestral language and bear an Igbo ancestral surname, even Japanese and Afghans will laugh their heads off

You guys should stop this ikwerre stuff, you can't force them, they are not even what this energy you guys are depleting here online, just two local government areas, we have more important and respectful igboid groups, please they don't have anything to offer

3 Likes

Re: Ikwerre And Igbo Saga, Is This The Most Truthful Account by Igboid: 4:02pm On Oct 09, 2020
splendour7:

Fully endorsed.

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerre And Igbo Saga, Is This The Most Truthful Account by EMMY76: 4:38pm On Oct 09, 2020
The ikwerre people may continue to do everything humanly possible to deny their Igbo heritage but the truth is that other nigerians will forever politically see them as igbos.
Re: Ikwerre And Igbo Saga, Is This The Most Truthful Account by leofab(f): 5:30pm On Oct 09, 2020
Ops
Re: Ikwerre And Igbo Saga, Is This The Most Truthful Account by Prosperchuks1344(m): 5:36pm On Oct 09, 2020
you guys should stop posting all this Igbo and Ikwerre nonsense, we are Igbos they are Ikwerre from bini. case solved...
Re: Ikwerre And Igbo Saga, Is This The Most Truthful Account by Tranquill: 5:51pm On Oct 09, 2020
Bwahahaha everyday you guys wake up is to open munmun thread about Ikwerre people. Ona no dey tire??

By the way OP you claim to be from the middle belt so what is your purpose for this? To get the Igbos masturbating?
Re: Ikwerre And Igbo Saga, Is This The Most Truthful Account by Elizabeth87: 7:40pm On Oct 09, 2020
Tranquill:
Bwahahaha everyday you guys wake up is to open munmun thread about Ikwerre people. Ona no dey tire??

By the way OP you claim to be from the middle belt so what is your purpose for this? To get the Igbos masturbating?
So You really want to know my purpose, it for education, I see this fight everyday on nairaland so lets deal with it as for the Igbos, how is it your business if they choose to mastubate, it is their god given right to mastubate
Re: Ikwerre And Igbo Saga, Is This The Most Truthful Account by Tranquill: 7:57pm On Oct 09, 2020
Elizabeth87:

So You really want to know my purpose, it for education, I see this fight everyday on nairaland so lets deal with it as for the Igbos, how is it your business if they choose to mastubate, it is their god given right to mastubate

Go and service your father's friends they are hor.ny. Stop wasting time on nairaland.

(1) (Reply)

Borno House Of Assembly Presents Award To OC SARS Borno State: Pic / Madam Anireju Erewa Of Itsekiri Blast Wike For Ongoing Killings In River / Bola Tinubu, A Man Hated For Loving His People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.