Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,133 members, 7,845,758 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

#EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform (67064 Views)

2023: I Will Be At Forefront Of Tinubu’s Campaign – Buhari / Presidential Campaign: Buhari Deceiving Tinubu, Says Afenifere / Tinubu Is Fully-in-charge Of my Presidential Campaign - Buhari (FULL SPEECH) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by Nchenches: 11:17pm On Oct 09, 2020
Only reform majority of Nigerians want is return to regional government system with fiscal federalism; Or split Nigeria to manageable countries.

Reforms must not be the type minority Fulani want.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by Makestyles: 11:17pm On Oct 09, 2020
myBraine:
We wanted a president but God gave us a father.

Only if third term was possible, Buhari would have gotten it on a platter of gold. You just won the heart of millions of Nigerians that trusted in your leadership. The opinions of few minorities didn't really matter as it is the digitization of our society that needs total reform and not Sars.

Our youths are too preoccupied with the utilization of expensive gadgets at the detriment of our agro-based economy. The recent hike in the prices of rice across the country have the youths to be blamed. Imagine if the youths devote the equal amounts of time they spent in front of their gadgets to agriculture, would there have been an increment in the prices of food stuffs? Imagine if they're spending more time on trees and inside bushes, would Sars still be killing them in scores? The youths are preventing the coming generations from knowing our true calling and the beauty of our culture. Aside crude oil, Nigeria as a nation is known for agriculture as we're still far behind in manufacturing and precise engineering. Our technological feet is strongly questionable as well.

Nigeria needs the youth for agriculture. Simple!

eye service doesnt pay at all

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by OlowuJohn: 11:17pm On Oct 09, 2020
ceejayluv:

Protests are usually specific to a cause or a reaction against an event. We can have series of protests to cover all areas but This particular one is about the high handedness and impunity of the police in general. Endsars is just the slogan, the demand is for a reform to stop brutality, profiling, outright murder , kidnapping and extortion by ironically, the police.
Lets send the right message, lets protest for things that will benefit Nigerians at the long run; there was a fuel hike and Electricity Tariff increment, we did not take to the street; People are losing their jobs, what majority do, is just to survive, and our major problem is now SARS Lets channel our energies to the right issues. Regards.
Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by Ghostmode2two(m): 11:21pm On Oct 09, 2020
Story story
Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by Engrgabi: 11:24pm On Oct 09, 2020
na lie
Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by Nchenches: 11:25pm On Oct 09, 2020
GOATandYAMtheory:
I only pity the innocent ones joining this protest cos they found others doing it. As we know, Nigeria is a country where many do things because they want to be part of a trend.

So many are on this forum praising the protesters and even encouraging people to kill SARS while they themselves are at home hiding.

Of all the things bedeviling this country, why should #endsars be of high priority if not that some professional fraudsters are behind this?

Because of these professional fraudsters, many of the opportunities to be enjoyed by some of us who wants to earn legitimate income online have been lost. You want to apply for a job online and you find out that you can't do this just because you are Nigerian. If you have had this experience before and you are joining the yahoo boys and armed robbers to call for SARS to be eradicated, you need a brain check.

Tell me what is working in the world and I will mention it's flaws to you. The fact that some SARS officers misbehave does not mean you call for the eradication of SARS. it beats logic. if you mean business, you should be calling for a complete overhaul or reform. undecided

Mention me all you can, I will only grin @ it. This is a forum where you will see Nigerian youth defend corrupt politicians and yahoo boys openly.. so I won't be surprised when these set of people mention me to defend what they believe in.
Armed Robbery at the scale in Nigeria is a phenomenon in failing countries.

Anti robbery squad - that’s what your SARS means.

Anti-Crime squad or Immediate Intervention squad is what exists in normal countries where armed robbery is rare.

Develop more sense. SARS in Nigeria is like treating a disease symptoms without addressing the causes of the disease.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by Oxtonguy: 11:26pm On Oct 09, 2020
GOATandYAMtheory:
I only pity the innocent ones joining this protest cos they found others doing it. As we know, Nigeria is a country where many do things because they want to be part of a trend.

So many are on this forum praising the protesters and even encouraging people to kill SARS while they themselves are at home hiding.

Of all the things bedeviling this country, why should #endsars be of high priority if not that some professional fraudsters are behind this?

Because of these professional fraudsters, many of the opportunities to be enjoyed by some of us who wants to earn legitimate income online have been lost. You want to apply for a job online and you find out that you can't do this just because you are Nigerian. If you have had this experience before and you are joining the yahoo boys and armed robbers to call for SARS to be eradicated, you need a brain check.

Tell me what is working in the world and I will mention it's flaws to you. The fact that some SARS officers misbehave does not mean you call for the eradication of SARS. it beats logic. if you mean business, you should be calling for a complete overhaul or reform. undecided

Mention me all you can, I will only grin @ it. This is a forum where you will see Nigerian youth defend corrupt politicians and yahoo boys openly.. so I won't be surprised when these set of people mention me to defend what they believe in.
Mehn you're talking sense, three bottle of beer for you cheesy I wish lots of folks are this logical

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by Wizzyflexx: 11:26pm On Oct 09, 2020
myBraine:

Only if third term was possible, Buhari would have gotten it on a platter of gold. You just won the heart of millions of Nigerians that trusted in your leadership. The opinions of few minorities didn't really matter as it is the digitization of our society that needs total reform and not Sars.

Our youths are too preoccupied with the utilization of expensive gadgets at the detriment of our agro-based economy. The recent hike in the prices of rice across the country have the youths to be blamed. Imagine if the youths devote the equal amounts of time they spent in front of their gadgets to agriculture, would there have been an increment in the prices of food stuffs? Imagine if they're spending more time on trees and inside bushes, would Sars still be killing them in scores? The youths are preventing the coming generations from knowing our true calling and the beauty of our culture. Aside crude oil, Nigeria as a nation is known for agriculture as we're still far behind in manufacturing and precise engineering. Our technological feet is strongly questionable as well.

Nigeria needs the youth for agriculture..

Wow...you said a lot of things and ended up saying nothing..
Bastard grin

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by Engrgabi: 11:27pm On Oct 09, 2020
so b*hari cant call for the press, so he can answer questions concerning the whole sars saga. What a modern leader angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by ceejayluv(m): 11:28pm On Oct 09, 2020
OlowuJohn:

Lets send the right message, lets protest for things that will benefit Nigerians at the long run; there was a fuel hike and Electricity Tariff increment, we did not take to the street; People are losing their jobs, what majority do, is just to survive, and our major problem is now SARS Lets channel our energies to the right issues. Regards.
Tell that to relatives of victims of Police extra judicial killings.

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by Peterskizito: 11:29pm On Oct 09, 2020
Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by Bewise88: 11:33pm On Oct 09, 2020
OK, see ya

myBraine:

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by lexy2014: 11:33pm On Oct 09, 2020
OlowuJohn:

Who are d "let's"? Y haven't u protested against these issues u raised urself? What makes protesting against SARS any less important than d issues u raised? Have u channeled ur own "energies to the right issues"?
Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by SeriouslySense(m): 11:33pm On Oct 09, 2020
Okay

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by SeriouslySense(m): 11:35pm On Oct 09, 2020
hmm

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by Simpubozz(m): 11:35pm On Oct 09, 2020
GOATandYAMtheory:
I only pity the innocent ones joining this protest cos they found others doing it. As we know, Nigeria is a country where many do things because they want to be a part of the trend.

Because of these professional fraudsters, many of the opportunities to be enjoyed by some of us who wants to earn legitimate income online have been lost. You want to apply for a job online and you find out that you can't do this just because you are Nigerian. If you have had this experience before and you are joining the yahoo boys to call for SARS to be eradicated, you need a brain check.

I’ve said before and I’m saying it again, for many who are against the #EndSars may they and their children experience same with Tiamiyu kazeem, Kolade Johnson and the rest who are buried unknown plus those that who were framed up & blackmailed. I may understand ur angle though and that’s cos I believe you’ve not encountered such experience with those rogue (SARS).. My friend Korede is a software developer , sometimes in Feb he was stopped by SARS and he showed is ID, d SARS were like “what’s software developer”, as he was trying to explain, one of them said “where’s your phone”, d moment dey saw he’s using iPhone 7+ boom! and of dem said “U b yahoo abi”. My friend tried to explain but slapping won’t let him. He was sha forced to pay 20k after they threatened him with some horrible pics on their phones confirming those who didn’t comply so guy was sacred af.. after sending money they still asked him to show his bal that he’s meant to send 50k, fortunately he used his spending acc that day and bal was 3k so they let him go.
Once again sir u b mumu

3 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by SeriouslySense(m): 11:36pm On Oct 09, 2020
okay O

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 11:37pm On Oct 09, 2020
More grace to ur elbows my loving darling president
Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by timifakay(m): 11:37pm On Oct 09, 2020
GOATandYAMtheory:

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by lexy2014: 11:37pm On Oct 09, 2020
OlowuJohn:

That is where the reforms comes in, we should task the Government to give us a good policing system and not to end SARS. Our protest should be say no to CYBERCRIME, SARS should be reformed and as citizens we should put more energy to stop CYBERCRIMES at the grassroot level. This job is for all of us.
We should think of ways to better our systems and not to scrape institutions, we should strive to live right for the innocent souls we have lost via SARS, we should consciously demand accountability from our low tier government, we should protest for Job creation, we should protest for industrialization, we should protest for individual institutions to deliver results, we should discourage our youths from CYBERCRIME, neighbor to neighbor agitation. NOT ENDSARS.

Is SARS an institution? What is d meaning of d acronym SARS & what is it's mandate? What is d connection between SARS and cybercrime? Are SARS officers law abiding citizens or are they criminals?

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by OlowuJohn: 11:38pm On Oct 09, 2020
lexy2014:

Who are d "let's"? Y haven't u protested against these issues u raised urself? What makes protesting against SARS any less important than d issues u raised? Have u channeled ur own "energies to the right issues"?
Your conscience knows that ENDSARS is not our problem right now in Nigeria, that is why you are being defensive. Channel your energies to the right cause and stop being distracted.
These YAHOOBOYS and FRAUDSTERS Sponsored ENDSARS campaign.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by SeriouslySense(m): 11:38pm On Oct 09, 2020
Okay O
LordviccoDaGuru:
More grace to ur elbows my loving darling president

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by lexy2014: 11:39pm On Oct 09, 2020
OlowuJohn:

Your conscience knows that ENDSARS is not our problem right now in Nigeria, that is why you are being defensive. Channel your energies to the right cause and stop being distracted.

U didn't answer d questions I asked:

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by moneyissweet(m): 11:40pm On Oct 09, 2020
This are the kind of SARS officer that will protect you from armed robbers and eradicate Yahoo Fraud from Nigeria right? stupid brainless fool.

GOATandYAMtheory:

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by UCMax1: 11:40pm On Oct 09, 2020
Audio reformation! mtcheeew
Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by generalwo(m): 11:41pm On Oct 09, 2020
fergie001:

Muhammadu Buhari
..... The reforms should start from ASO ROCK...... If there was adequate security in the country, there won't be any need for Sars in the 1st place...... The whole Nigeria needs a total reform not just Sars.... Everything is wrong with this country...... No food, no job, no security, no power, money, no peace, nothing at all......
Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by AFONJACOW(m): 11:43pm On Oct 09, 2020
Reform otu nnegi
Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by generalwo(m): 11:44pm On Oct 09, 2020
GOATandYAMtheory:

..... Bros if no be say me never chop this evening, I for buy you one cold Heineken...... God bless the way u reason..... Na the heavy rate of crime ESPECIALLY among our youths dey make them introduce devils like Sars in the 1st place........ 3 knock out for u sir

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by Farki: 11:44pm On Oct 09, 2020
myBraine:

You just talk without point, not everyone is trained in agriculture which is a complex course that requires years of research and planning. Because of "Iwe ki ko" you have now swallowed this idea that farming is easy.

Farmers make up less than 2% of the American population and the number of farmers has halved in China within 10 years, why? Because mechanised farming and the need for industrial jobs (which is where the real money is made) has shifted the paradigm.

This kind of thinking is seriously holding us back.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by Realtalk20: 11:46pm On Oct 09, 2020
GOATandYAMtheory:

I agree with you 100% blood

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by Nobody: 11:47pm On Oct 09, 2020
End sars simple.
Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by SeriouslySense(m): 11:49pm On Oct 09, 2020
Okay o

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

June 12: Protesters Arrested By Police In Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) / Kiki Osinbajo Denies Owning N800m House In Abuja, Slams Jackson Ude / Akeredolu Refurbishes Old Government Vehicles Instead Of Buying New Ones (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.