Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,832 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Woman Whose Face Got Burnt Gives Her Husband Permission To Leave Her (Photos) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Whose Face Got Burnt Gives Her Husband Permission To Leave Her (Photos) (4096 Views)

NGO Withdraws Help After Woman Whose Husband Assaulted Her Cries For His Release / Blood Covenant: Late Bimbo's Brother Speaks On Her Refusal To Leave Her Marriage / Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Whose Face Got Burnt Gives Her Husband Permission To Leave Her (Photos) by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 09, 2020
Halie Tennant, 29, from Victoria, Australia, was dozing in a deckchair when she fell headfirst into a roaring campfire leaving her covered with burns.

Months later she continues to recover as she underwent several surgeries and skin grafts after spending eight days in a coma.

She has now opened up about her ordeal in a piece for Aussie magazine That's Life - including her devastating offer to husband Matthew.

"If this is too much, you can leave," she told him.

Her husband however vowed to stick by her, replying "no way, I love you".

Halie, a primary school teacher, said: "It was reassuring, but I still struggled to deal with how I looked.

"My face was covered in burns and scars – my identity had gone. Despite it all, I knew I was very lucky to be alive."

Halie had gone on the camping trip for a break after suffering a miscarriage - dealing with the heartbreak after being "over the moon" when she fell pregnant.

She said: "The grief had hit me hard, so I decided to go camping for the night as an escape.

"Talking it through with Kenzie in the quiet hum of nature, I started to unwind.

"But the next thing I knew, I was waking with a start. Then I realised my face was tightly bound in bandages."

Halie had gone on the trip with her pal Kenzie, describing sleeping under the stars while surrounded by nature as an "escape".

One night, Kenzie heard a strange murmuring noise and was shocked at the site of Halie lying head first in the campfire - seemingly unconscious.

Doctors believe pain receptors in Halie's face had been burned off so quickly she didn't have a chance to realise what had happened.

Springing into action, Kenzie pulled her from the fire, quite possibly saving her life, and poured ice cold water over the woman's terribly burnt face to cool it down.

The pair drove the short one-mile ride home.

Upon arrival, Halie’s husband Mathew kept her calm and her face cool by running it under a cold tap while an ambulance, an intensive care ambulance and air ambulance rushed to the scene.

With emergency officials quickly realising the severity of her injuries, Halie was rushed to the ICU at The Alfred Hospital, Melbourne.

Halie was left with six per cent burns over her, with all of her face suffering third to fourth degree burns.

She said: "I was wrapped in bandages from my head, right down to my ribcage."

The teacher still has no recollection of how she fell into the fire, but believes she must have somehow tipped out her chair.

Despite not being a vain person, she said: “Your face and its characteristics are important in how you recognise yourself”.

“Not knowing who you are any more is a hard thing to come to terms with."

She said she burst into tears while looking at her own photo with her psychologist - but is now starting to come to terms with her injuries.

Halie has vowed to return to work and keep going, despite getting some cruel comments - including one man who taunted her "you look like a zombie".

She said: "I think of my accident as a wake up call, a second chance to do better, to be better and to look after me better."

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12485681_0_jpeg37d473e6ddd9a12d2adf7c748e2ee2ef

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12485682_11_jpegf7f163af78812e58c4d3c47b4e396ae6

Source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12886330/teacher-horror-face-burns-husband-permission-leave/

1 Like

Re: Woman Whose Face Got Burnt Gives Her Husband Permission To Leave Her (Photos) by uniqueboi1(m): 10:10pm On Oct 09, 2020
Oga Don't leave her o. She just dae talk rubbish.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Whose Face Got Burnt Gives Her Husband Permission To Leave Her (Photos) by illicit(m): 10:19pm On Oct 09, 2020
Some people can sleep like that....
Re: Woman Whose Face Got Burnt Gives Her Husband Permission To Leave Her (Photos) by josh123(m): 10:21pm On Oct 09, 2020
she is still beautiful and thick

16 Likes

Re: Woman Whose Face Got Burnt Gives Her Husband Permission To Leave Her (Photos) by Siberia01(m): 10:32pm On Oct 09, 2020
cool
very thick
for doggy....

mehn...

she's damn thick God!!

see thickness....

doggy. ..
you don't need to see her face

11 Likes

Re: Woman Whose Face Got Burnt Gives Her Husband Permission To Leave Her (Photos) by Temitopemo6e6(m): 10:34pm On Oct 09, 2020
TI felt your pains. Please be calm God knows the best Don't allow what people would say about you , only a coward tries to bring people down ! Keep staying strong , you are a fighter if our Kachi is alive and happy today, you will fine .
Re: Woman Whose Face Got Burnt Gives Her Husband Permission To Leave Her (Photos) by Ever8090: 10:58pm On Oct 09, 2020
Siberia01:
cool
very thick
for doggy....

mehn...

she's damn thick God!!

see thickness....

doggy. ..

14 Likes

Re: Woman Whose Face Got Burnt Gives Her Husband Permission To Leave Her (Photos) by falcon01: 11:08pm On Oct 09, 2020
well she still got that ass!!

3 Likes

Re: Woman Whose Face Got Burnt Gives Her Husband Permission To Leave Her (Photos) by Emmandu(f): 11:15pm On Oct 09, 2020
Pervert all over nairaland!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Whose Face Got Burnt Gives Her Husband Permission To Leave Her (Photos) by Xchristain(m): 11:31pm On Oct 09, 2020
falcon01:

Mhenn haba

8 Likes

Re: Woman Whose Face Got Burnt Gives Her Husband Permission To Leave Her (Photos) by pozehnani(f): 11:37pm On Oct 09, 2020
I hope he didn't Ieave her.
Re: Woman Whose Face Got Burnt Gives Her Husband Permission To Leave Her (Photos) by prince2pac(m): 12:01am On Oct 10, 2020
falcon01:
we talking burn survivor, you talking sh*t

5 Likes

Re: Woman Whose Face Got Burnt Gives Her Husband Permission To Leave Her (Photos) by Openbusiness: 1:49am On Oct 10, 2020
A mutual unconditional true love between 2 couples is very, very rare to find in today's world. If you are fortunate to find it, hold it well. It comes once in a lifetime.

Tale as old as time
True as it can be
Barely even friends
Then somebody bends
Unexpectedlyyy

Just a little change
Small to say the least
Both a little scared
Neither one prepared
Beautyyy and the-ah-ah beast

Ever just the sameeee
Ever a surpriseeeee
Ever as before
and ever just as sure .... as the sun will rise

Tale as old as time
Tune as old as song
Bittersweet and strange
Finding you can change
Learning you were wronggg

Certain as the sun .... Certain as the sun
Rising in the east
Tale as old as time
Song as old as rhyme
Beautyyyyyy annnnnd the-ah-ah beaaaaast cool

2 Likes

Re: Woman Whose Face Got Burnt Gives Her Husband Permission To Leave Her (Photos) by Sixfeetbelle: 2:35am On Oct 10, 2020
Siberia01:
cool
very thick
for doggy....

mehn...

she's damn thick God!!

see thickness....

doggy. ..

When will you people stop objectifying women like this? You will never see a woman say something like he'll be good for cowgirl, only men say such nonsense. Must women be associated to sex in everything and at every time?

4 Likes

Re: Woman Whose Face Got Burnt Gives Her Husband Permission To Leave Her (Photos) by DaddyRochie1642: 3:23am On Oct 10, 2020
Siberia01:
cool
very thick
for doggy....

mehn...

she's damn thick God!!

see thickness....

doggy. ..

Oga to Slap you dey hungry me grin
Re: Woman Whose Face Got Burnt Gives Her Husband Permission To Leave Her (Photos) by DkJay: 4:49am On Oct 10, 2020
All these boys shouting "I love you", now's the time to prove it.

Can you still love her when she's no longer fine?

2 Likes

Re: Woman Whose Face Got Burnt Gives Her Husband Permission To Leave Her (Photos) by 444crop: 4:59am On Oct 10, 2020
I have asked this question before.... What happens if our thoughts was our voice....

1 Like

Re: Woman Whose Face Got Burnt Gives Her Husband Permission To Leave Her (Photos) by chanda83560: 5:02am On Oct 10, 2020
A Quiet Place Part II
Re: Woman Whose Face Got Burnt Gives Her Husband Permission To Leave Her (Photos) by marshalcarter: 5:52am On Oct 10, 2020
444crop:
I have asked this question before.... What happens if our thoughts was our voice....
Thats when You see the real humans...wetin we voice no be wetin dey our mind
your question really make sense
Re: Woman Whose Face Got Burnt Gives Her Husband Permission To Leave Her (Photos) by SKhanmi: 6:32am On Oct 10, 2020
444crop:

We'll just end up killing each other. The ones that will remain won't think, and that , is no way to live.

1 Like

Re: Woman Whose Face Got Burnt Gives Her Husband Permission To Leave Her (Photos) by naija4life247: 8:40am On Oct 10, 2020
Siberia01:
cool
very thick
for doggy....

mehn...

she's damn thick God!!

see thickness....

doggy. ..

Iru awon Omo wo ni eleyi nitori Olohun?

1 Like

Re: Woman Whose Face Got Burnt Gives Her Husband Permission To Leave Her (Photos) by naija4life247: 8:41am On Oct 10, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

When will you people stop objectifying women like this? You will never see a woman say something like he'll be good for cowgirl, only men say such nonsense. Must women be associated to sex in everything and at every time?

Talk true, you sef no imagine the woman for doggy?
Re: Woman Whose Face Got Burnt Gives Her Husband Permission To Leave Her (Photos) by faithfull18(f): 8:42am On Oct 10, 2020
Hmmn.
Re: Woman Whose Face Got Burnt Gives Her Husband Permission To Leave Her (Photos) by joseph1832(m): 9:02am On Oct 10, 2020
Well she said she isn't vain but she actually sounded vain by giving her husband permission to leave her. Like he got married to her face or what exactly
Re: Woman Whose Face Got Burnt Gives Her Husband Permission To Leave Her (Photos) by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 10, 2020
Re: Woman Whose Face Got Burnt Gives Her Husband Permission To Leave Her (Photos) by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 10, 2020
Re: Woman Whose Face Got Burnt Gives Her Husband Permission To Leave Her (Photos) by tobechi74: 10:30am On Oct 10, 2020
Good
Re: Woman Whose Face Got Burnt Gives Her Husband Permission To Leave Her (Photos) by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 10, 2020
Macsjebs:

Pls feel free to whatsap me for a spectacular discounted Birthday gift
Thanks bros but still figuring out my lunch for today. Skipping breakfast sef, we go surely buy perfume when money come
Re: Woman Whose Face Got Burnt Gives Her Husband Permission To Leave Her (Photos) by Biglittlelois(f): 12:45pm On Oct 10, 2020
[s]
Siberia01:
cool
very thick
for doggy....

mehn...

she's damn thick God!!

see thickness....

doggy. ..
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Woman Whose Face Got Burnt Gives Her Husband Permission To Leave Her (Photos) by ukaface(f): 2:37pm On Oct 10, 2020
Some Nigerian guys can be so disgusting.
Re: Woman Whose Face Got Burnt Gives Her Husband Permission To Leave Her (Photos) by RightToReject(m): 3:02pm On Oct 10, 2020
Leaving her is the practicable thing to do if she was/has been an opportunistic woman. Meanwhile, if she's always been principled, he'll be a coward if he leaves her - a conscientious woman deserves love a situation like this requires from a man. Opportunistic people don't deserve fairness and compassion.

NB, to those I broke their hearts, I feel your pains, but vilifying me won't make you heal quickly; in fact, no one who has experienced heartbreak from me heals completely - accept this bitter fact and make peace with yourself or stay pained.

1 Like

Re: Woman Whose Face Got Burnt Gives Her Husband Permission To Leave Her (Photos) by Dayoebe(m): 3:16pm On Oct 10, 2020
Unconditional love

(1) (2) (Reply)

Love Languages: Surehome Marriage Seminar. March 2024 / Help!!! Birthday Message Tears My Friend's Marriage / The Things Men Consider Before Making Their Move

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.