Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,277 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Obafemi Hamzat Shares How SARS Harassed Him - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Obafemi Hamzat Shares How SARS Harassed Him (58288 Views)

Jollof Rice: Akon And Obafemi Hamzat, Deputy Governor Of Lagos Debate / Richard Maduka: How SARS Harassed & Labelled Me A 'Yahoo Boy' / Bobrisky Recounts How A Man Sexually Harassed Him In A Mall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obafemi Hamzat Shares How SARS Harassed Him by uuzba(m): 9:58am On Oct 10, 2020
seanwilliam:
I believe there will be positive change this time around

Many Nigerian youth are without jobs. So they turn to crime.
Police and SARS check the crimes. They may be doing a terrible job. But at least they are there.
Now, EndSARS will indeed End SARS.
When SARS is ended, Nigerian youth will still be without jobs.
...and they will still turn to crime. ..
... and there will be no more SARS to do anything...
Re: Obafemi Hamzat Shares How SARS Harassed Him by blowjohn(m): 9:58am On Oct 10, 2020
seanwilliam:
bro believe there would be totally overhauling.. area wey I dey stay, SARS dey patrol between the hours of 10am to 2pm. I no see dem atall yesterday.. never underestimate the power of social media.. we no fit dey wash make everything spoil dey go like this

It's just for a while. Once things die down, them go come out. U know since when this SARS mata don dey?
Well, lers see how things unfold
Re: Obafemi Hamzat Shares How SARS Harassed Him by StagethemTVee: 10:01am On Oct 10, 2020
You are doing well. You understand my point.
Xmen149:

bros. SARS is supposed to be the police equivalent of special forces in the Nigerian defense.

crap it, employ special units which some regular police guys can get in too (even ex military that are at right age can enter)

Receive special tactical training from the military and specialize is hostage rescue, High profile criminal arrest, Rapid response on critical situations (on going robbery etc).

Give them tactical supplies(made only available in such conditions listed above) and make sure any other operation apart from these is a criminal offense.

we have internet everywhere now. every police on patrol duty will be provided with bodycam and cam in patrol van(with gps), and any police officer not with his can be given public arrest (where the public arrest an individual and hands over to police).

Any police officer not on duty and armed (scrap off the ak47) or engaging in police activity should have his ID card hung over his neck .

....should i write more?

the only situation a police officer is even allowed to look ragtag is if on intelligence gathering (trying to blend with the immediate environment).

Normal stop and search of cars will only be conducted by officers on side arm, body cam,and ID card hanging (then call for backups(proberbly from elite team) if they encounter any of such situation)

i have more sef
Re: Obafemi Hamzat Shares How SARS Harassed Him by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 10, 2020
Slymonster:

America with all the latest technology can't stop fraud completely. As far there is technology, there will always be a loophole. Nigerians dont even do credit card fraud that's so common in usa. Has it been eradicated there. Nope. It can only be minimal but can't be of the past. Even arm robbery has never been eradicated anywhere in the world.

TRUE BUT THEY DON'T KILL INNOCENT YOUTHS RADICALLY LIKE THE DISEASE(SARS) WE HAVE HERE.BUT THEIR FRAUD RATE IS CONTROLLED TO SOME EXTENT WITHOUT KILLING OFF INNOCENT AMERICANS.

APART FROM THE RECENT BLM,WHEN LAST DID YOU HERE ANYBODY DIED IN USA?

BUT THE MESSAGE IS STILL THE SAME BRO smiley

END SARS AND RESTRUCTURE PROGRAMMERS AND DEVS(FEMALE AND MALE)SHOULD BE THE NEW SARS,NO NEED FOR ARMS IF THEY CAN'T CONTROL THEIR URGE TO SHOOT AND ALSO BODY CAMS.

BUT NA NAIJA WE DEY sad

WHETHER THEY LISTEN TO US OR NOT,JUDGEMENT SHALL PREVAIL SOON,NOT TODAY,NOT TOMORROW NOBODY KNOWS BUT
NAIJA WILL RISE AGAIN.

PEACE
Re: Obafemi Hamzat Shares How SARS Harassed Him by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 10, 2020
Ingriid:
Yes, I say a big no to police brutality! Human lives matter but for those of us screaming ‘ EndSars’ pls suggest an alternative ways to combat crimes and robbery.

Initially, when this protest started it was a very good cause but if u go out on the street and see d way people are going about it now, u will wanna ask questions.

Are we really protesting for a good cause or some people want a total end to SARS for their selfish reasons. Please it is time to ask questions? Don’t just follow d crowd , let’s all reason together .

I am sure FSAR wasnt established 1960 or 1999, before sars who were those combating crimes, or should we conclude police can't do there job.
As much as i don't intent to undermine to effort of the law enforce agencies in curbing crime buh i will give more of the credit to jungle justice, criminal are not really scared of these officers cos there are lots of bad eggs & mole in d force.
Fsar is an anti robbery squad, not efcc, the worst pass is they operate on presumptions not intelligence,when you visit Fsar base you see more innocent people than criminals grin they've turn bail to money making. they type 100k, 300k on ur phone. extortion is a crime itself.
Fsars as been comprised, there are other divisions in the police. so let stop making it look as if sars ends today nigerians no go sleep close eye. been in a sars cell is synonymous to been in a kidnapper cell, living there with ur life is a 50/50chance. good radiance
Re: Obafemi Hamzat Shares How SARS Harassed Him by Kevinsamba: 10:09am On Oct 10, 2020
Brother
Armed robbers were operating
In our area
Emene enugu state to be precise
We dialled their RR team and they arrived in time
SenecaTheYonger:

Don’t ignore my comment. Tell me when did SARS ever show up for you guys during the lockdown when armed robbers were going from house to house at night. Who had to form vigilante to protect their neighborhood?

Re: Obafemi Hamzat Shares How SARS Harassed Him by chatinent: 10:12am On Oct 10, 2020
The truth about ending Sars is a mixed blessing.
Re: Obafemi Hamzat Shares How SARS Harassed Him by Xmen149(m): 10:21am On Oct 10, 2020
StagethemTVee:
You are doing well. You understand my point.

Yes bro,.we will want to copy oyibo and end up copying nonsense.

EFCC should have an arms unit or be given arms unit specifically positioned in their offices with special training for tactical support and suspect arrest in issues bothering fraud. the operation can only be supervised by at least 3 efcc officials.

we all the what the problem is (Nigerians use any available nonsense as side huzzle) so long as the huzzle is paying oga and the boys even them that travel outside and see how it is done will start doing like mumu
Re: Obafemi Hamzat Shares How SARS Harassed Him by Roozzaay(m): 10:21am On Oct 10, 2020
Hambivert:
Sir, sparogatively, the only thing they did to you was double cross you and order you to get out¿

undecided

I was double crossed, ordered to come down, pulled, dragged, almost stripped, because they were looking for 'tattoo', and also told to produce a non-existent second phone.

I just knew you don't claim to know your 'rights' with these 'sect'... If not I for chop slap dat day or maybe gun!

May God continue to protect us all!
I paid them 1k for no reason cry cry
As i tried making call, they almost hit me with gun after nothing was found on me and my phone

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Hamzat Shares How SARS Harassed Him by Okuda(m): 10:28am On Oct 10, 2020
So Lagos has a deputy Governor? I thought it was Sanwo Olu!
Re: Obafemi Hamzat Shares How SARS Harassed Him by jaxxy(m): 10:30am On Oct 10, 2020
It’s obvious sars has become a menace than a solution.
Re: Obafemi Hamzat Shares How SARS Harassed Him by emmydee(m): 10:34am On Oct 10, 2020
StagethemTVee:
While we are asking for SARS to be scrapped, we should also be suggesting alternatives to armed robbery menace. This has to a be a balanced discussion since many people are against its reforms. This campaign is very similar to what happened in the US when protesters were asking the police be defunded. When you defund the police, how will they perform their duties of protecting the citizens?
SARS is not the only crime fighting unit of the Nigerian police. we still have the State CID and the other intelligence units. #EndSARS jor.

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Hamzat Shares How SARS Harassed Him by WrittyWritter(f): 10:47am On Oct 10, 2020
sammy7410:

Dey go still stop u and search ur bag.. grin
Re: Obafemi Hamzat Shares How SARS Harassed Him by rajiedreez: 10:48am On Oct 10, 2020
Peeps pls let's look and think beyond this #endsars era,
Now they scrap SARS, OK what next
Don't forget that those former SARS officials are still police officers that has known nothing than tormenting and extorting citizens, do you sincerely think they'll desist from their previous acts or what. Mind you they still have access to guns and are still allowed to go on their senseless raiding.
When that starts happening what will we protest for then is it #endpolice or what.
What I'll like to see is total overhauling of the entire police to start with. As in turn everything around from bottom up.
#mythought
Re: Obafemi Hamzat Shares How SARS Harassed Him by Omezif(m): 10:59am On Oct 10, 2020
Sars cruelity was long time ago but some people are like dumbs
Re: Obafemi Hamzat Shares How SARS Harassed Him by WrittyWritter(f): 11:14am On Oct 10, 2020
anochuko01:

Some people even went as far as saying that SARS did nothing to curb the menace of one million boys.

Curb which one million boys...wen d one million boys were operating y didn't dey go nd meet dem face to face set dey are special anti-robbery squad..instead it was people forming vigilante..den after d one million boys had operated for like 3 or 4 days..dey den said dey caught d leader..mtcheeew

I remember den u will see dem in d afternoon harassing people but in d night wen det were needed u no go hear from dem.

For people who live around Ijegun- Ikotun to Abaronje..I remember sometime last year or so we had something similar to one million boys..young guys going out in the evening to attack people with cutlasses and other wepons..'omo no salary boys'...where was sars but u will see dem in d afternoon harassing people
Re: Obafemi Hamzat Shares How SARS Harassed Him by our9ja: 11:21am On Oct 10, 2020
Are there any protest around the world that criminal are not part of ....
mmb:
some of these protesters are armed robbers or thieves
Re: Obafemi Hamzat Shares How SARS Harassed Him by seanwilliam(m): 11:21am On Oct 10, 2020
uuzba:

Many Nigerian youth are without jobs. So they turn to crime.
Police and SARS check the crimes. They may be doing a terrible job. But at least they are there.
Now, EndSARS will indeed End SARS.
When SARS is ended, Nigerian youth will still be without jobs.
...and they will still turn to crime. ..
... and there will be no more SARS to do anything...
of what benefits is Sars to the society...

What's the percentage of the good and bad.??
Re: Obafemi Hamzat Shares How SARS Harassed Him by nengibo: 11:30am On Oct 10, 2020
sammy7410:
D guys hv dreads so dem go still fall for profile
Re: Obafemi Hamzat Shares How SARS Harassed Him by lakefist(m): 11:32am On Oct 10, 2020
StagethemTVee:
While we are asking for SARS to be scrapped, we should also be suggesting alternatives to armed robbery menace. This has to a be a balanced discussion since many people are against its reforms. This campaign is very similar to what happened in the US when protesters were asking the police be defunded. When you defund the police, how will they perform their duties of protecting the citizens?

When last did you hear or see police in a live crine scene?

In Naija u won't see police counter attack robbery incident. It is always after onslaught you see dem.

Dey are useless.
Re: Obafemi Hamzat Shares How SARS Harassed Him by karnap(m): 11:32am On Oct 10, 2020
the SARS said get out ,then what Happened NEXT,tell us.undecided
Re: Obafemi Hamzat Shares How SARS Harassed Him by lakefist(m): 11:34am On Oct 10, 2020
Kevinsamba:
The only reasonable comment since the beginning of the end SARS saga

What is reasonable in the comment?

When one million boys was terrorizing Lagos hoe many Sars official came to peoples rescue?

How many bank robberies did SARS stop?

Sars is useless in the country. If they are trigger Happy Boko boys at dere.

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Hamzat Shares How SARS Harassed Him by jidxin(m): 11:52am On Oct 10, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
No body way SARS never harras
they have never harassed me
Re: Obafemi Hamzat Shares How SARS Harassed Him by JimmyDarmody: 11:56am On Oct 10, 2020
hisgrace090:

An irony?
no sir. To be a Sars candidate, you must have been a convict.
Re: Obafemi Hamzat Shares How SARS Harassed Him by StagethemTVee: 12:03pm On Oct 10, 2020
But there are several cases of police arresting the armed robbers at hideouts
lakefist:

When last did you hear or see police in a live crine scene?

In Naija u won't see police counter attack robbery incident. It is always after onslaught you see dem.

Dey are useless.
Re: Obafemi Hamzat Shares How SARS Harassed Him by SenecaTheYonger: 12:05pm On Oct 10, 2020
Kevinsamba:
Brother
Armed robbers were operating
In our area
Emene enugu state to be precise
We dialled their RR team and they arrived in time

Rapid Response is not SARS.
Re: Obafemi Hamzat Shares How SARS Harassed Him by Kevinsamba: 12:19pm On Oct 10, 2020
Ogbeni
The RR unit that responds to robbrey is made up of SARS
SenecaTheYonger:

Rapid Response is not SARS.
Re: Obafemi Hamzat Shares How SARS Harassed Him by maasoap(m): 12:48pm On Oct 10, 2020
DEHVEHLOP:
I don’t know why we need all these policemen in our society.

Bank robbery, they are not capable..

Highway robbery, they run away with their guns..

Bandit attacks on communities, na!

Call them you are being attacked at home, they tell you no fuel in their vehicle or the officer holding the key to Arsenal is not around...

Kidnapping, na the police them go first yamutu..

Imagine a whole divisional headquarters in a popular town in kwara was attacked and all policemen on duty were killed! And the robbers had a good day robbing 5 banks without any hitch!

I think government should stop wasting funds on this organization and simply direct each ethnics or community to protect themselves. Yes! IT WILL WORK!

Until they turned one another. Kaduna south, eggons, ife, modakeke and so on. That's like calling for anarchy
Re: Obafemi Hamzat Shares How SARS Harassed Him by chinedu234(m): 12:53pm On Oct 10, 2020
Well spoken.
Re: Obafemi Hamzat Shares How SARS Harassed Him by tot(f): 12:53pm On Oct 10, 2020
mayklef:
if them fit double cross potential Deputy Governor, My Brother My Sister Who are u EndSARS#

Hahaha. As in, who then is safe?! Ordinary citizens? Clearly not.
Re: Obafemi Hamzat Shares How SARS Harassed Him by Ayomide002: 1:09pm On Oct 10, 2020
I can count tens of my friends who never got harassed by police or SARS, even some Yahoo boys never got harassed simply because they don't dress crazily. A modest dressing will speak good of you.

Before you open mouth, I have lived in South and West where SARS harassment is at its peak.
Re: Obafemi Hamzat Shares How SARS Harassed Him by SenecaTheYonger: 1:39pm On Oct 10, 2020
Kevinsamba:
Ogbeni
The RR unit that responds to robbrey is made up of SARS

Rapid Response (RR) is not SARS.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Arrest Josh Wade, Empress Njamah’s Ex-Fiancé / Derenle Edun's Tomboy Younger Sister (Photos) / Meet Abuja Young Pretty Female MC Who Is A Mother Of Four

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.