Stats: 3,166,034 members, 7,863,704 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 12:37 AM

Five Die In Scramble For Governor’s Largesse - Another Pdp Blunder - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Five Die In Scramble For Governor’s Largesse - Another Pdp Blunder (653 Views)

Physically Challenged Persons Fight Over N15m NDDC Largesse / APGA Members May Storm Otuoke Over Unpaid Election Largesse / 'Those Who Squandered Jonathan’s 'N2 Trillion' Campaign Largesse' - Encomium (2) (3) (4)

Five Die In Scramble For Governor’s Largesse - Another Pdp Blunder by monkeyleg: 10:23am On Mar 05, 2011
SO sad that this sort of rubbish is allowed to happen in Nigeria. Where did the Governor get #15 million to start throwing about, and stupidly caused the death of 5 students. Grossly irrespinsible in my opinion

Five students were killed and several others reportedly injured during a riot by students who wanted a share of the ₦15 million distributed by the Akwa Ibom State governor Godswill Akpabio. The tragedy occurred yesterday at the Government House Uyo and the Ibom Hall where undergraduate students and unemployed graduates gathered at the instance of the state governor.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5681468-146/story.csp
Re: Five Die In Scramble For Governor’s Largesse - Another Pdp Blunder by Udevex: 10:33am On Mar 05, 2011
Did PDP order Akpabio to give out the money? How is it PDP's fault?
I blame the Nigerian system that doesn't have the simple mechanisms in place to disburse money to students. If you post checks, they will get stolen.
Re: Five Die In Scramble For Governor’s Largesse - Another Pdp Blunder by monkeyleg: 10:36am On Mar 05, 2011
^^^ Really? what party does he belong to? Abi is it not this same party that Celebrated Criminality recently. The Party remains responsible for thier members and candidates. This disgraceful habit is typical of the Papa Deceive Pikin party.

So yes, PDP is responsible
Re: Five Die In Scramble For Governor’s Largesse - Another Pdp Blunder by 1025: 12:34pm On Mar 05, 2011
Did PDP order Akpabio to give out the money? How is it PDP's fault?
I blame the Nigerian system that doesn't have the simple mechanisms in place to disburse money to students. If you post checks, they will get stolen.

@u dey vex,
i pity anyone that looks up to u to learn. what do u mean by nigerian system? so at ur age, u don't know that pdp is the ruling party? so at your age, u don't know that nigeria in under the leadership of pdp? so at your age, u don't know that the national leading party is responsible for the lives and security of the citizens and their properties? what about our constitution and law over the spread of naira/abuse of naira? who do u think has the right to stop akpabio? pls if you are a teeneger, better look for kiddies forum and if u are an adult, better go and commit suicide because u lack everything knowledge to be here.

@topic,
pdp is blood thirsty and because it is an occultic group, there is nothing one can do bcs they must get blood by all means. all these jos killings and bombings here and there are of their makings. nigeria as we speak, loose more lives than those countries in war. to jonathan who swore an oath to protect the lives and properties of nigerian citizens, these deaths means nothing and for the careless wife of our president, these ppl are dying for democracy and her family which include herself and husband with their children hate democracy and cannot die for our democracy.
Re: Five Die In Scramble For Governor’s Largesse - Another Pdp Blunder by friedrice1: 1:19pm On Mar 05, 2011
i would beg to look the other way and blame the students,
their lust for filthy lucre is alarming this is why they are easily used by these thieving politicians.
Imagine 5 people losing their lives because of $6.
Re: Five Die In Scramble For Governor’s Largesse - Another Pdp Blunder by monkeyleg: 1:26pm On Mar 05, 2011
fried-rice:

i would beg to look the other way and blame the students,
their lust for filthy lucre is alarming this is why they are easily used by these thieving politicians.
Imagine 5 people losing their lives because of $6.

I see it differently. In a country where hunger and poverty is rife, there is the potetial for the populace to be enticed. The Stupid governor took advantage of the situation.

This evil must be outlawed in Nigeria, anyone found guilty must be serverely dealt with
Re: Five Die In Scramble For Governor’s Largesse - Another Pdp Blunder by baslone: 1:58pm On Mar 05, 2011
1025:
pls if you are a teeneger, better look for kiddies forum and if u are an adult, better go and commit suicide because u lack everything knowledge to be here.

D 4 MMMMMMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked

Us Investors To Inject $20bn Into Nigeria’s Power Sector / Chxta On The Presidential Debate / Why Do They Fret Over Buhari, Bakare?