Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,276 members, 7,815,460 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

Osinbajo Meets With IGP Adamu, DSS Boss, Bichi Over SARS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Meets With IGP Adamu, DSS Boss, Bichi Over SARS (41101 Views)

President Buhari Laughs As Masked Osinbajo Meets Him For Briefing (Photos) / Sowore: Court Threatens To Jail Yusuf Bichi Over Failure To Release Activists / VP Osinbajo Meets Nigeria’s Oldest Surviving Soldier In Lagos (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo Meets With IGP Adamu, DSS Boss, Bichi Over SARS by TheRareGem1(f): 5:05pm On Oct 10, 2020
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has met with the Inspector-General of Police(IG), Mohammed Adamu, Director-General, Department of State Services(DSS), Yusuf Bichi and Executive Secretary, National Human Rights Commission(NHRC), Tony Ojukwu.

Osinbajo’s spokesman, Laolu Akande, in a statement in Abuja said that the meeting was held on Friday, to determine the next steps toward addressing concerns of Nigerians on the excesses of Special Anti Robbery Squad (SARS).

“The Vice President and IG later briefed President Muhammadu Buhari who gave further directives to the IG on the matter,” he said.

Meanwhile, Buhari has directed the I-G to ensure that personnel of the force remained fully accountable to the people.

The President’s directive was made public in series of tweets on Friday night.
Buhari also affirmed the people’s right to public protest and appealed for calm.

Osinbajo had on Oct. 4, met with the I-G at his residence over the activities of SARS and other police tactical units.

The Vice President had told State House correspondents that he was angry that young people were harassed; sometimes maimed and killed by policemen.

He said such actions perpetrated by those saddled with the responsibilities of protecting the citizens were unacceptable.

https://guardian.ng/news/osinbajo-confers-with-ig-others-on-sars/?utm_term=Autofeed&echobox=twitter_post&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1602331326

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Meets With IGP Adamu, DSS Boss, Bichi Over SARS by daddytime(m): 5:06pm On Oct 10, 2020
Okay, lets see how they go with the reforms.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Meets With IGP Adamu, DSS Boss, Bichi Over SARS by SpecTTraP: 5:19pm On Oct 10, 2020
Ok
Re: Osinbajo Meets With IGP Adamu, DSS Boss, Bichi Over SARS by helinues: 5:21pm On Oct 10, 2020
#EndSARS

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Meets With IGP Adamu, DSS Boss, Bichi Over SARS by SpecialAdviser(m): 5:27pm On Oct 10, 2020
Which step? The demand is clear.
EndSARS

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Meets With IGP Adamu, DSS Boss, Bichi Over SARS by Charmingrascal(m): 5:29pm On Oct 10, 2020
TheRareGem1:
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has met with the Inspector-General of Police(IG), Mohammed Adamu, Director-General, Department of State Services(DSS), Yusuf Bichi and Executive Secretary, National Human Rights Commission(NHRC), Tony Ojukwu.
Osinbajo’s spokesman, Laolu Akande, in a statement in Abuja said that the meeting was held on Friday, to determine the next steps toward addressing concerns of Nigerians on the excesses of Special Anti Robbery Squad (SARS).

“The Vice President and IG later briefed President Muhammadu Buhari who gave further directives to the IG on the matter,” he said.

Meanwhile, Buhari has directed the I-G to ensure that personnel of the force remained fully accountable to the people.
The President’s directive was made public in series of tweets on Friday night.
Buhari also affirmed the people’s right to public protest and appealed for calm.

Osinbajo had on Oct. 4, met with the I-G at his residence over the activities of SARS and other police tactical units.

The Vice President had told State House correspondents that he was angry that young people were harassed; sometimes maimed and killed by policemen.

He said such actions perpetrated by those saddled with the responsibilities of protecting the citizens were unacceptable.

https://guardian.ng/news/osinbajo-confers-with-ig-others-on-sars/?utm_term=Autofeed&echobox=twitter_post&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1602331326

am 27 it is not a crime for me to drive a car, I am a man I can decide to keep dread and have tattoos.
I work hard it is not a crime for me to have an iPhone, I am not a criminal for having a laptop.

Designers are meant to be worn, it is not a crime if I wear one.

#WeAreAngry
#WeAreFurious
#WeAreEnraged

Before SARS was formed we were living

#EndSARS

190 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Meets With IGP Adamu, DSS Boss, Bichi Over SARS by IfeMiLove: 5:58pm On Oct 10, 2020
Na today? E don tey!

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Meets With IGP Adamu, DSS Boss, Bichi Over SARS by DEROXMAN: 6:04pm On Oct 10, 2020
sad if not that osinbajo is not the president he would have ended it since because he himself is not happy with this rubbish

98 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Meets With IGP Adamu, DSS Boss, Bichi Over SARS by ODJ124(m): 6:08pm On Oct 10, 2020
#ENDSARZ....

Thread seen....
Re: Osinbajo Meets With IGP Adamu, DSS Boss, Bichi Over SARS by AyDripper1(m): 6:09pm On Oct 10, 2020
Protesters are group of people wasting their time( only in this shithole) .
They will only promise reform but nothing will be reformed!
Be wise they just killed someone here now! The guy is gone for good no justice nothing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Meets With IGP Adamu, DSS Boss, Bichi Over SARS by SAMBARRY: 6:09pm On Oct 10, 2020
Not just meeting and ending it with

"We will look into it"

"I assure you"

"We're on it"

"We're not relenting"

"You will hear from us soon"

Match your words with actions

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Meets With IGP Adamu, DSS Boss, Bichi Over SARS by humilitypays(m): 6:09pm On Oct 10, 2020
Failure of efcc in combating cybercrime is the reason SARS saw it as an opportunity to enrich themselves by tagging every well dressed Nigerian youth with good phone as a Yahoo boy that deserves to be shot dead.

But then, the problem of SARS is a major problem with every Nigerian; every Nigerian take advantage of every little authority or position given to them to maltreat others.

In Nigerian hospitals Doctors and Nurses treat patients like rats without respect just because they are called Doctors!

Nigerian Lecturers treat students like their slaves just because they are their lecturers!

In banks, Bank Branch Managers and Bankers treat customers like rats, as if they own the moneys in the banks but forgetting that without the customers they will be jobless!

Give a Nigerian a small position of authority and watch him use that position to maltreat and intimidate others.

Its a Nigerian attitude.

The only way to solve this is to #EndNigeria

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Meets With IGP Adamu, DSS Boss, Bichi Over SARS by ugochukwufrenzy: 6:09pm On Oct 10, 2020
I have an iphone, laptop and I hustle legitimately. ..wearing dreads does not subject me to inhumane treatment by sars and co...most nigerian youths are like me nd we demand sars to be reformed.it is not a crime to buy iphone or drive a flashy car..not all those who live well are fraudsters..reform sars now

9 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Meets With IGP Adamu, DSS Boss, Bichi Over SARS by Hedonisco: 6:09pm On Oct 10, 2020
We're making progress. I can smell it.

ENDSARS doesn't have to be scrap SARS. Just get them off the streets. They should only come out when there is a distress call for armed robbery or kidnapping, ONLY. Nothing more, nothing less. That is likely to happen, and that would be enough.

Meanwhile, who has travelled through the Lagos-Benin-Asaba axis lately? Are those SARS fools still running their illegal checkpoint on that expressway?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Meets With IGP Adamu, DSS Boss, Bichi Over SARS by DenreleDave(m): 6:09pm On Oct 10, 2020
Okay
Re: Osinbajo Meets With IGP Adamu, DSS Boss, Bichi Over SARS by omowolewa: 6:09pm On Oct 10, 2020
Love that, PMB is so straight forward that making changes is difficult for him
Re: Osinbajo Meets With IGP Adamu, DSS Boss, Bichi Over SARS by Epstein(m): 6:10pm On Oct 10, 2020
Useless, Powerless, Ineffective, VP

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Meets With IGP Adamu, DSS Boss, Bichi Over SARS by NaijaOlosho(f): 6:10pm On Oct 10, 2020
grin
Re: Osinbajo Meets With IGP Adamu, DSS Boss, Bichi Over SARS by ngeneukwuewuGOAT: 6:10pm On Oct 10, 2020
GOOD

SOME ARMED ROBBERS ARE BUSY SHOUTING END SARS SO THAT WHEN THEY ARE TAKEN OFF THE ROAD, THEY CAN NOW HAVE A FREE STYLE TO OPERATE.

SARS SHOULD BE REBRANDED WITH PROFESSIONAL AND DEDICATED POLICE PERSONNEL. THEY SHOULD STOP DRESSING LIKE RASCALS BUT SHOULD BE KIITED IN A UNIFORM COMBAT RAGALIA THAT IS UNIQUE.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Meets With IGP Adamu, DSS Boss, Bichi Over SARS by GoshenNLA(m): 6:10pm On Oct 10, 2020
Leave matter for Matthias
#EndSars first
We go talk later
Kindly check my signature for latest Club and country jerseys. High quality original jerseys only, available at affordable prices.
Re: Osinbajo Meets With IGP Adamu, DSS Boss, Bichi Over SARS by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 10, 2020
Finally, I think the government is beginning to listen to the voices of youths
Re: Osinbajo Meets With IGP Adamu, DSS Boss, Bichi Over SARS by DaddyGngeess(m): 6:11pm On Oct 10, 2020
Good one
Re: Osinbajo Meets With IGP Adamu, DSS Boss, Bichi Over SARS by Omoslim26: 6:11pm On Oct 10, 2020
ok

they better proffer a solution before dis migrates from #endsars to #killsars

the police are not helping matters

in Owerri we came out to protest peacefully but dey shot tear gas and guns at us

the next time boys go fall out armed and it will be shot for shot blood for blood an eye for an eye

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Meets With IGP Adamu, DSS Boss, Bichi Over SARS by Stan2330(m): 6:11pm On Oct 10, 2020
Charmingrascal:

am 27 it is not a crime for me to drive a car, I am a man I can decide to keep dread and have tattoos.
I work hard it is not a crime for me to have an iPhone, I am not a criminal for having a laptop.

Designers are meant to be worn, it is not a crime if I wear one.

#WeAreAngry
#WeAreFurious
#WeAreEnraged

Before SARS was formed we were living

#EndSARS

True talk.... Even hushpuppi was not brutalized the way Nigerian citizens are brutalized
There are better ways to track Yahoo boys instead of harassing every Tom, dick and Harry on designer shirt

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Meets With IGP Adamu, DSS Boss, Bichi Over SARS by ekaette1621: 6:11pm On Oct 10, 2020
i killed 19 sars officers today.

in my dream

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Meets With IGP Adamu, DSS Boss, Bichi Over SARS by HQDesign: 6:11pm On Oct 10, 2020
cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Edo Modular Refinery In Pictures: A Product Of MOU / UK Parliament To Debate Nnamdi Kanu's Repatriation To Nigeria / Solomon Dalong Drinking Tea By Roadside (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.