Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,157 members, 7,835,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? (14779 Views)

When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? / Apostle Kenneth Kenny Kills A Dog, Eats It Raw In Church And Feeds Members / Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by flokii: 1:44pm On Oct 11, 2020
The devil is no doubt playing golf with your mind.. when una sin don too much, why won't you go blank.
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by captain247: 1:57pm On Oct 11, 2020
Kalatium:
Have You Ever led a song in church and you went blank?

This happened to me within the week. I was leading praises and worship only for me to go blank.

I made them continue singing "we have come to draw, draw, draw... Draw from you again " for 10minutes telling them to sing from their heart whereas i actually went blank . I actually can’t remember any song.

Share your experience.

� � � � � � the Holy Spirit left you ... One time I was just asked to lead praise and worship on a Sunday Service I said no that I need to be informed a week so I can prepare myself and abstain from all forms of sin so the congregation will feel they're in His presence.
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by kolade560: 2:10pm On Oct 11, 2020
I date the most beautiful lady in my church, so which yansh will I be looking to make me go blank ;DI date the most beautiful lady in my church, so which yansh will I be looking to make me go blank
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by Absolutebeau: 2:19pm On Oct 11, 2020
Though this is funny but it happens alot, especially with inexperienced lead singers.
I experienced it during a staff fellowship at work. It wasn't funny at all; infact all the songs I knew grew wings and flew away from my head.

1 Like

Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by toye440: 2:53pm On Oct 11, 2020
Kalatium:

This happened to me within the week. I was leading praises and worship only for me to go blank.

I made them continue singing "we have come to draw, draw, draw... Draw from you again " for 10minutes telling them to sing from their heart whereas i actually went blank . I actually can’t remember any song.

Share your experience.
U hv just being inducted, welcome to the hall of praise. Its a proof u are a talented singer. I had mine when i was coming too in my local church.
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by toye440: 2:55pm On Oct 11, 2020
captain247:

� � � � � � the Holy Spirit left you ... One time I was just asked to lead praise and worship on a Sunday Service I said no that I need to be informed a week so I can prepare myself and abstain from all forms of sin so the congregation will feel they're in His presence.
Poopycock
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by lalasticlala(m): 3:00pm On Oct 11, 2020
Ojugunrege:
grin grin
I didn't go blank. I was afraid I would, that the songs I had rehearsed may run out before the alloted time. So I decided to extend the opening worship prayer. Na so i was praying o until someone came to touch me and said Sister, Pastor said you should start singing embarassed
By the time I was done, I was all sweaty and shaky embarassed embarassed I was so embarrassed I stuck to back-up till I left
that church.

The Pastor did not forget to mention the chorister who fell into a prayer trance while leading praise and worship grin cheesy in the next workers' meeting.

Hahahaha

4 Likes

Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by DHaran: 3:14pm On Oct 11, 2020
You should understand that singing in church is not for everybody.

My experience is not from singing in church. It was from acting drama in church I totally went blank I forgot all my line I was just there lost. It was my first time doing acting the stage fright was worst but Sha my friends new so they acted in line not minding my Bleep up they finished well. That was my worst embarrassment ever because that girl I was chyking was in church.after then i stopped because I am not comfortable.

I can't behave like someone. I can only behave like meee
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by KLand(m): 3:37pm On Oct 11, 2020
That's why it's good to have a back up singer. In terms like this, you can step back and allow the person step forward to continue leading the worship.

When next you experience blankness, try speaking in other tongues. Your spirit will be fired up.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by WoundedLamb: 3:47pm On Oct 11, 2020
TheWalkingMind:
This thread has no value.

Dude, it's Sunday. Relax.

Business can continue tomorrow.
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by Exodora: 4:09pm On Oct 11, 2020
Mine was in 2018. It was a mid week service , I was able to remember just two songs . Since then I stopped going early so that nobody will ask me to lead them again.
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by Oritsewhandey(m): 4:25pm On Oct 11, 2020
2cuteoflyfe:
Lolz this was me way back when I was still like the lead tenor singer in my church choir! grin well but now Omo boy dosent even go to church anymore! Hustling has made us enter street fully! God gat us though undecided
You have to try going back to church, gradually. God bless friend.
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by GreyLaw(m): 5:37pm On Oct 11, 2020
deebrain:
Unlike this generation of "artists" where its all about effissy..., learn never to look at taking praise and worship in your churches as entertainment or avenue to display skill or creativity.

Look at it as ministering.

If you look at it like that, just like a dedicated pastor will go on days of fasting, prayer and study just to deliver a 45 minutes message on Sunday, so will you as a praise worship leader do for that 10 or 20 minutes you have.

You will never go blank if you do.

Thank me later.

God bless you!
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by saxokay(m): 5:51pm On Oct 11, 2020
before you lead a worship seccion ensure u pray very well worship is a very crucial Part of service

that's why as a chorister you need to be filled with holy ghost ensure your heart is connected that gratest instrument of worship is our hearts when ur heart is connected that's all you can never go blank while leading worship

1 Like

Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by saxokay(m): 6:00pm On Oct 11, 2020
God bless you
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by Tillatalk: 6:41pm On Oct 11, 2020
I no get confidence to face crowd
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by Ladyvixen: 7:53pm On Oct 11, 2020
Thequeeen:
Wo very well grin grin I was now using style to say “everybody pray in the Holy Ghost” because I no remember any song to sing again

Lolzzzz, I've been there oo
If the keyboardist is smart as well, he could bail one out.. But most of them will just be playing continuously the previous song, waiting for you, very frustrating
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by Chizzychinny: 8:12pm On Oct 11, 2020
Mine was bad oo, i was supposed to teach my part one song 'Olisa by Jude Nnam' my people were standing, waiting for me, in fact i don't want to remember that day cos my CM finished me.
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by donnie(m): 8:26pm On Oct 11, 2020
Kalatium:

Share your experience.

grin grin grin
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by homesteady(m): 11:46pm On Oct 11, 2020
Chanchit:

Like seriously?! How can you go blank for 10mins. If I follow you draw for like three minutes, na to sidon dey look una o. why we go draw for 10mins.

grin grin grin
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by sweetilicious(f): 12:07am On Oct 12, 2020
Yeah.Family prayers
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by imoh4king(m): 2:30pm On Oct 12, 2020
Yes oh. It happened in my office because we normally have Monday retreat every week. I was overwhelmed with the crowd.... It was totally embarrassing....
I stood there clapping..... Speechless.

My backup too was speechless... I ended up blaming the admin Dept for calling me to take praise & worship at an impromptu time. My head of Department almost gave me query for embarrassing our department. It's an Oil & Gas firm.
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by Somethinglight(m): 10:03pm On Oct 12, 2020
It has happened to me o!
Hmmmn... I planned 3 songs.
After I led the first song finish, I didn't know how to transition into the second one, I dont know what happened, I knew the next song I wanted to sing, but I didn't know how to sing it, I just kept on repeating the first one.

I cut eye for choir member tire nobody came to rescue me, until I gave up, i worked up to the choir leader and gave her the mic. Since then I started respecting people who can lead worship o, even if na small pikin, I dy respect them. That thing is very spiritual, na grace abeg, no be voice or rehearsal.
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by Makschinchin: 3:40pm On Nov 23, 2020
rymesgentility:
Bro , if you actually lead praises in church and this happened .. and your asking why !! Then you not worthy of leading praises on the alter of God , Go pray and ask God why that happened... praises goes with pure and dedicated mind, you will even be carried away why praising God .. so why went blank.. you should rather be looking for God’s face why that happened.. rather than you creating this thread...

Have you ever heard of demonic attack before That you have the grace to minister very well does not mean you should talk down on those who can't.. Going blank happens, we all need God's help

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? / The Joshua Iginla Matter By Deji Yesufu / Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.