Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,230 members, 7,836,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? (14781 Views)

When Was The Last Time You Went To Church? / Apostle Kenneth Kenny Kills A Dog, Eats It Raw In Church And Feeds Members / Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by frubben(m): 9:16am On Oct 11, 2020
We never go the church finish Na to come take praise and worship . Mtweeeee
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by Kentuforchrist(m): 9:17am On Oct 11, 2020
after practicing for almost a month....

omo as I hold mic begin they sing all eyes on me especially my crush.....na so I take go off key throughout

1 Like

Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by crownedprinz(m): 9:18am On Oct 11, 2020
Hahaha yes, A full ministration and I blanked. The backups had to start the song before i picked up

1 Like

Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by DoubleEngine007: 9:19am On Oct 11, 2020
Royalization:

Lol....You no serious
grin
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by NwaIgboBoy(m): 9:19am On Oct 11, 2020
my own na pray o, I started with "In Jesus Name" and I keep saying it until someone took over from me

10 Likes

Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by Goldenheart(m): 9:24am On Oct 11, 2020
Back in my school days
I took tithe n Offering Slot...

I used the word " guys " a lot wink

I think I was banned
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by Dreadlock69(m): 9:25am On Oct 11, 2020
Yes and I regretted singing in church my very first time
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by Omezif(m): 9:26am On Oct 11, 2020
No i never very easy something i stored plenty sweet songs in my head. They are coming one by one if the action started.
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by rymesgentility(m): 9:27am On Oct 11, 2020
Bro , if you actually lead praises in church and this happened .. and your asking why !! Then you not worthy of leading praises on the alter of God , Go pray and ask God why that happened... praises goes with pure and dedicated mind, you will even be carried away why praising God .. so why went blank.. you should rather be looking for God’s face why that happened.. rather than you creating this thread...

3 Likes

Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by Chanchit: 9:30am On Oct 11, 2020
Kalatium:
Have You Ever led a song in church and you went blank?

This happened to me within the week. I was leading praises and worship only for me to go blank.

I made them continue singing "we have come to draw, draw, draw... Draw from you again " for 10minutes telling them to sing from their heart whereas i actually went blank . I actually can’t remember any song.

Share your experience.

Like seriously?! How can you go blank for 10mins. If I follow you draw for like three minutes, na to sidon dey look una o. why we go draw for 10mins.

5 Likes

Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by orgylover: 9:30am On Oct 11, 2020
yes after seeing my pastors wife pussy
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by stubbornman(m): 9:31am On Oct 11, 2020
One song like that by Hillsong.... I knew just the first 3 lines nah God say make I no cry that Sunday..... I nearly change church sad sad

3 Likes

Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by Chanchit: 9:32am On Oct 11, 2020
rymesgentility:
Bro , if you actually lead praises in church and this happened .. and your asking why !! Then you not worthy of leading praises on the alter of God , Go pray and ask God why that happened... praises goes with pure and dedicated mind, you will even be carried away why praising God .. so why went blank.. you should rather be looking for God’s face why that happened.. rather than you creating this thread...

Bros, no be so o. We dey lead finish go drink, come back carry mic sing thanksgiving, we go still flow. Na by Grace
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by stanliwise(m): 9:33am On Oct 11, 2020
gunners160:
ur own beta. Mine was worst. I happened to be a Member of a musical band in School back then. So one day the band coordinator decided to make some changes and brought out a rule that every musical band member must sing on Sunday most especially those of us in charge of musical instrument. When it got to my turn, we rehearsed together but I was called upon and next thing one fear just enter me I started singing rubbish but I still try small since na rehearsal. I told the band leader that I can't perform before the congregation he should please let me be but he refused . So on Sunday came, omo kan see how I dress. Wore my best cloth and waiting to be called upon for praise. Immediately time for praise start, na so I start to dey shout and sing off beat. Stage fright wan kill me even though I try to compose myself and continue but stage fright wont let me be. Na one girl save me collect micro phone for my hand and I kan become back up singer. Shame catch me through out that semester I stopped being a band member since then
Next time don’t let people put you in a tight corner. Every great singer started somewhere. It is good to do things that would challenge us but not what will overwhelm us.
You might have been a great band member but that Post traumatic experience changed the story.

7 Likes

Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by Iceberg3: 9:35am On Oct 11, 2020
I arranged the rendition of a hymn with some brothers and sisters n I forgot my turn but thank God I quickly "catched" up. grin

To grammar pipo,I know it is "caught" o. grin
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by stanliwise(m): 9:36am On Oct 11, 2020
rymesgentility:
shut up already.
Please no dogmatic Sunday today.
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by DICKstractor: 9:38am On Oct 11, 2020
gunners160:
ur own beta. Mine was worst. I happened to be a Member of a musical band in School back then. So one day the band coordinator decided to make some changes and brought out a rule that every musical band member must sing on Sunday most especially those of us in charge of musical instrument. When it got to my turn, we rehearsed together but I was called upon and next thing one fear just enter me I started singing rubbish but I still try small since na rehearsal. I told the band leader that I can't perform before the congregation he should please let me be but he refused . So on Sunday came, omo kan see how I dress. Wore my best cloth and waiting to be called upon for praise. Immediately time for praise start, na so I start to dey shout and sing off beat. Stage fright wan kill me even though I try to compose myself and continue but stage fright wont let me be. Na one girl save me collect micro phone for my hand and I kan become back up singer. Shame catch me through out that semester I stopped being a band member since then
You are a catholic... Right?
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by Kemimarch16(f): 9:39am On Oct 11, 2020
Mine was prayer,I called the first prayer and when they finished I don't the type of prayer to say next,I was just looking,it took me almost 3 minutes before I called the next prayer
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by Preetti(f): 9:39am On Oct 11, 2020
You'll just repeat a song you already sang before grin it's not hard
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by DWJOBScom(m): 9:44am On Oct 11, 2020
Several times
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by pawsofdikeje(m): 9:44am On Oct 11, 2020
The day wey I go high after choir practice.....I reach pulpit the next day to lead ministration, na hin I vomit.
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by MrNipplesLover(m): 9:48am On Oct 11, 2020
I may not have led a song in the church before, but I do in SPIRIT.

Thank you, Jesus. ❤

1 Like

Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by GAMZYTK: 9:49am On Oct 11, 2020
Kalatium:

This happened to me within the week. I was leading praises and worship only for me to go blank.

I made them continue singing "we have come to draw, draw, draw... Draw from you again " for 10minutes telling them to sing from their heart whereas i actually went blank . I actually can’t remember any song.

Share your experience.
smiley
Kalatium:

Share your experience.

MORE GRACE
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by Jyde89: 9:53am On Oct 11, 2020
lol I've been a worship leader since 2008 and I can tell you I've experienced this a lot of times when I was starting out. although not as long as 10min maybe 30to60 sec, but it's a normal thing to experience if you're ever looking forward to being a worship leader. and our praise worship style over here is typically medley hence the occasional or constant blackout. but the advantage is you'll be a seasoned live band artist and you'll be able to perform for more than an hour or two unlike the half baked artist proliferating our mainstream music industry. so don't feel bad about the blackout, every worship leader have experienced it and are still experiencing it.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by Jyde89: 9:59am On Oct 11, 2020
rymesgentility:

clap for your self, lieutenant of the most high. no one in the bible praised God more than David despite the fact that fewer kings in Israel committed more atrocities than him. cut your self some slack bro God ain't that rigid.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by DWJOBScom(m): 10:02am On Oct 11, 2020
2cuteoflyfe:
Lolz this was me way back when I was still like the lead tenor singer in my church choir! grin well but now Omo boy dosent even go to church anymore! Hustling has made us enter street fully! God gat us though undecided

It's not too late to serve him again
God gat your back and he loves you
If you look at somethings happening in the "street' right now, you will admit God has been there for you.
Hustle with God and watch him bless you.
God bless you

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by angelfallz(m): 10:13am On Oct 11, 2020
the best thing to do is to write down the songs on a piece of paper.

3 Likes

Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by Dremeke: 10:14am On Oct 11, 2020
Oh yes I have. A girl had to mercifully take over from me. Quite embarrassing i must say.
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 11, 2020
Kalatium:

Share your experience.
Lol, if I was in the church even if I understand I go still sing from my heart.
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by SirMichael1: 10:27am On Oct 11, 2020
It has happened to me joor. What i do now is prepare my songs ahead by writing them down and memorising them.
Re: Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? by JohnQueen(m): 10:36am On Oct 11, 2020
Happened to me some years back.

Noticed a few stares like WTF! grin

I quickly jumped to the chorus part of the song.

We movee grin

Another time I was part of back up during praise and worship and didn't know most of the songs.

Na miming things o.

1 sharp girl noticed sha and was yabbing me grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? / Father’s Day Sunday: An All-Male-Choir With Enough Courage And Good Voices / Happy Ash Wednesday To Nairalanders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.