Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,179 members, 7,853,031 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 10:19 AM

Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad (15831 Views)

IPPIS: Zainab Ahmed Says No Going Back On Policy / Zainab Ahmed Says Fuel Subsidy To Gulp N450 Billion In 2020 / "Nasir El-Rufai Is My Brother" - Kadaria Ahmed Says In An Old Tweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by Nobody: 6:53am On Oct 13, 2020
angry
Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by Nodogragra4me(m): 6:54am On Oct 13, 2020
True. He is correct.

Sars has been banned. We just have to put pressure on the government to ensure effective ban.

1 Like

Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by 21cents: 6:57am On Oct 13, 2020
PassingShot:

Please go on with the protest. Anyone begging you guys not to continue with it after the original demand has been met is high on codine.

By all means, you guys should carry on and let's see how it ends.
do you know that SARS has been disbanded fir the third time now? they take us for granted by declaring Audio disbandment then they resurface after the noise goes down. right now protesters have the right to make sure it's gone for good and justice is served for the sake of people killed unjustly by same police.

and yes the protest should carry on till demands are met. the youths have the right to protest so leave them to do as they wish. no be your headache.
Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by Nodogragra4me(m): 6:57am On Oct 13, 2020
PassingShot:

Please go on with the protest. Anyone begging you guys not to continue with it after the original demand has been met is high on codine.

U dey mind dem. Dey are just carried away by the result. Make dem dey try government power, army go use una do practice session

2 Likes

Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by psalmylee(m): 6:57am On Oct 13, 2020
Six years ago ,this guy was an almajiri..see him now,God is truly worthy to be praised
Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by 21cents: 7:00am On Oct 13, 2020
Nodogragra4me:

U dey mind dem. Dey are just carried away by the result. Make dem dey try government power, army go use una do practice session
practice session you say? how many be the army sef compared to the civilians? you better hope those sitting on the fence don't join the present protests when army carries out killings of civilians they've sworn to protect cos the youths haven't killed anyone in these protests as far as I am concerned. wo, e go bloody!!

1 Like

Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by unscripted(m): 7:00am On Oct 13, 2020
LostAddict1:

The demand has not been met, we asked for them to reform the polices and also create an independent panel that would look into the injustice melted out by Sars.

So till the demands are met Aluta Continua, Victoria Ascerta.
you guys should stop ,, don't mess the good you started up ,, wait and see what happens next first , there are greater things we need to come out for , don't let us waste energy on this one that we already have victory ..

2 Likes

Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by smogjoe(m): 7:03am On Oct 13, 2020
LostAddict1:

The demand has not been met, we asked for them to reform the polices and also create an independent panel that would look into the injustice melted out by Sars.

Now tell me which of the reformation process can be effectively achieved under tension. You and I know that effective Reformation requires time..all we need to be doing is to find more people like davido has done to be visiting the leadership of the NPF for briefing on how far they have gone with the reformation process and see to our needs been attended to. Don't let's think backwards na.. Aséju is not good..

1 Like

Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by liljboy(m): 7:09am On Oct 13, 2020
OlujobaSamuel:

The FG should take charge of the process through the president or vice, they should be seen to be actively involved.
There is so much distrust for the police that the IGP or police spokesman utterances won't really have an effect.
Forceful end of the protest will result to more harm than good, as so many innocent soul will lose their lives. Out of about 10 deaths already, 4 are just bystander caught in the melee.
Elders should pick up the phone and talk to the president to take charge of this issue. Issuing directive to police to make pronouncements isn't working, and obviously won't work with the situation of things.
On the issue of executive order, an issue need not have a prior executive pronouncements to be given an executive order. Executive order is usually issued base on event that current legislative instrument cant handle due to some special circumstances of the event, and this is one of such events.
oil dey your head big time
Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by new2012: 7:11am On Oct 13, 2020
Looking at other platforms and the openness to different views, one thing is obvious. Nairaland is filled with APC-clout-chasing, unrealistic-demonic, bruised-brained, defeated-maniacs.

This forum doesn't reflect the realities in the streets.
Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by Nodogragra4me(m): 7:18am On Oct 13, 2020
21cents:
do you know that SARS has been disbanded fir the third time now? they take us for granted by declaring Audio disbandment then they resurface after the noise goes down. right now protesters have the right to make sure it's gone for good and justice is served for the sake of people killed unjustly by same police.

and yes the protest should carry on till demands are met. the youths have the right to protest so leave them to do as they wish. no be your headache.

We know. And we also know the difference between then and now.
Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by FunkyAlhaji2015: 7:18am On Oct 13, 2020
LostAddict1:
Their must be a form of presidential order, we wouldn't our efforts to end up like the other year's. So its either the presidency bends to our will or the protest continues.

SARS is not a creation of the presidency so no executive order is needed to disband it.

Nigerians like to punishing their fellow country men for crimes of the government. How is blocking the traffic in and out of Lagos going to affect the government?? How is blocking the traffic on Lekki toll gate affect the FG?? We are just causing pains on our fellow country men and women. It so sad and disheartening to see all of this.

Stop Shell and Chevron production, close the ports. These are things that will affect the FG
Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by Nodogragra4me(m): 7:19am On Oct 13, 2020
new2012:
Looking at other platforms and the openness to different views, one thing is obvious. Nairaland is filled with APC-clout-chasing, unrealistic-demonic, bruised-brained, defeated-maniacs.

Introduce me to this other platforms.

I am active on Twitter
Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by Korllami007: 7:23am On Oct 13, 2020
new2012:

Those people you just described; if buhari killed their father, raped their mother and sisters, jailed their brothers, they would be happy and praise buhari for a job well done. It seems like you are new to Nairaland. They are APC bot, they have been programmed with 30k to praise whatever buhari does and the 30k is for monthly software upgrades.

1 Like

Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by Nodogragra4me(m): 7:23am On Oct 13, 2020
21cents:
practice session you say? how many be the army sef compared to the civilians? you better hope those sitting on the fence don't join the present protests when army carries out killings of civilians they've sworn to protect cos the youths haven't killed anyone in these protests as far as I am concerned. wo, e go bloody!!

Government has given their word, from the topmost level of government, and we have seen actions like a new unit under training to replace sars.

To continue to protest is to invite trouble. The government is not going to sit down and allow protest ruin the already weak economy with the blockades of major roads.

Your duty is to be on the look for what replaces sars and any erring former operative still on the loose against the citizenry.
Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by smogjoe(m): 7:25am On Oct 13, 2020
21cents:

With this your comments, tell me exactly what you want now that protest will bring forth.. please list them and let's highlight them one after the other.. You must prove which of the demands can be solved/achieved with protest..
Don't forget people will still die today..
I am waiting for you oo
Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by BreconHills(m): 7:26am On Oct 13, 2020
LostAddict1:

It is important to know when to declare victory. Instead of calling for an executive order, civil society ought to be asking for participation in the reform process. This means getting themselves organised and choosing people of unimpeachable integrity to represent them.

Protesters must understand that the support of the vast majority of people not protesting is important to success. If goal post and demand keep shifting, that support will ebb and society will be polarized

1 Like

Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by seeker121(m): 7:26am On Oct 13, 2020
Egunstuta oil dey your head let the FG continue to be silent when kasala burst them go get sense.

1 Like

Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by Nobody: 7:28am On Oct 13, 2020
saraki2019:
It is obvious this #endsars protesters have other dubious motives behind this protest. The IGP has disbanded this the FSARS but they keep on protesting just provoke the governments brutal approach.
Or some criminal elements have perpetrated this movement to ridicule it and make any further protest unappealing to the masses.

I think this protest is a successful milestones in our history and should a template in solving other problems.

It is obvious that you are ignorant of the motives behind SARS extreme brutality right from 2015. Mr. Man, even Buhari who lacks rapid response leadership has ugly motives which are quite visible to us. Buhari and IGP have identical ideologies, reason service chiefs are not sacked with executive order.

The protesters only use the advantage to fight the just cause. War against anti-people leadership, injustice, corruption, nepotism, crime, etc... Meaning it all points to revolution i.e total restructure..

1 Like

Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by Nodogragra4me(m): 7:28am On Oct 13, 2020
LostAddict1:
Their must be a form of presidential order, we wouldn't our efforts to end up like the other year's. So its either the presidency bends to our will or the protest continues.

There won't be and the protest must stop, one way or the other.

There has never been such order even for python dance of the army. The coas decides with his team what name and scrap it when it has served it purpose
Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by 21cents: 7:29am On Oct 13, 2020
Nodogragra4me:

We know. And we also know the difference between then and now.
which is??

same audio disbandment ABI? it's not just about disbandment but prosecution of those officers killing people like it's a game. Anambra SARS for example has been rumored to be the tunnel of death. Chances of coming out alive after they take you in there is very low as they kill and no one is asking or answering questions.

this is the perfect opportunity to voice out and demand justice. because this is Nigeria and by the moment when everything cools down, they're back to the streets again killing perceived criminals which are mostly youths. who does that?? can't imagine SWAT doing that in the US without following proper channels.
Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by smogjoe(m): 7:30am On Oct 13, 2020
Nodogragra4me:

Government has given their word, from the topmost level of government, and we have seen actions like a new unit under training to replace sars.

To continue to protest is to invite trouble. The government is not going to sit down and allow protest ruin the already weak economy with the blockades of major roads.

Your duty is to be on the look for what replaces sars and any erring former operative still on the loose against the citizenry.

Can't they advocate for more reputable personalities to continue to do what Davido did yesterday on behalf of the youth..give them continuous visitation with your demands clear and explicitly stated..pressure them that way, in fact, we will get internal support from legislators too.. instead of that one, you people are just wrecking havoc on people cos of your protest..

Some innocent citizens were killed..and you want us to continue that way...
Please read my article on What Next After #EndSARS and thank me later smiley

1 Like

Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by OlujobaSamuel: 7:32am On Oct 13, 2020
seeker121:
Egunstuta oil dey your head let the FG continue to be silent when kasala burst them go get sense.
Got your mail but can't check right now.
Who is this pls, Lucio, Komol?
Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by seunmsg(m): 7:32am On Oct 13, 2020
OlujobaSamuel:

The FG should take charge of the process through the president or vice, they should be seen to be actively involved.
There is so much distrust for the police that the IGP or police spokesman utterances won't really have an effect.
Forceful end of the protest will result to more harm than good, as so many innocent soul will lose their lives. Out of about 10 deaths already, 4 are just bystander caught in the melee.
Elders should pick up the phone and talk to the president to take charge of this issue. Issuing directive to police to make pronouncements isn't working, and obviously won't work with the situation of things.
On the issue of executive order, an issue need not have a prior executive pronouncements to be given an executive order. Executive order is usually issued base on event that current legislative instrument cant handle due to some special circumstances of the event, and this is one of such events.

Was SARS created by a legislative instrument? Why do we need a legislative instrument or executive order to disband an administrative set up?

SARS was set up by the IGP and had been disbanded by the IGP. There is absolutely no need for any legislative instrument, gazette or presidential executive order to end the rogue unit. We don’t have to create problems for future IGPs by setting a bad and unnecessary precedent.

I have no problem with the president or Vice President getting involved in the discussion with the protesters. What I am saying is simple; this is the time for the leadership of the protest to engage the government constructively on how to reform the police and meet whatever demands that are still outstanding. They should give the protest a break and engage.
Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by 21cents: 7:34am On Oct 13, 2020
smogjoe:

With this your comments, tell me exactly what you want now that protest will bring forth.. please list them and let's highlight them one after the other.. You must prove which of the demands can be solved/achieved with protest..
Don't forget people will still die today..
I am waiting for you oo
No.2 demand is key!!

Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by Person2person(m): 7:40am On Oct 13, 2020
toh!
Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by Nobody: 7:42am On Oct 13, 2020
southniyikaye:
Without an executive order, everything the igp has been saying na dust
Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by OlujobaSamuel: 7:47am On Oct 13, 2020
seunmsg:

Was SARS created by a legislative instrument? Why do we need a legislative instrument or executive order to disband an administrative set up?

SARS was set up by the IGP and had been disbanded by the IGP. There is absolutely no need for any legislative instrument, gazette or presidential executive order to end the rogue unit. We don’t have to create problems for future IGPs by setting a bad and unnecessary precedent.

I have no problem with the president or Vice President getting involved in the discussion with the protesters. What I am saying is simple; this is the time for the leadership of the protest to engage the government constructively on how to reform the police and meet whatever demands that are still outstanding. They should give the protest a break and engage.
You obviously not get my argument for use of executive order by the president. IGP is the legislative/administrative instrument in this case, and it seems not sufficient to handle the case at hand. Even if there will be reform, the import of an executive order at this time would mean the Police is not left to reform itself, as the political unit(masses through elected representatives) are involved in the reform.
Telling the IGP to do all this, won't have a fruitful result, irrespective of how noble the intention of the police IG is, he can't act beyond his scope or capacity as a police officer.
On leadership of the protest, as it stands, the protest is decentralised in nature, so having a leader to talk to will be through actions of the FG and not the protesters.
FG needs to implement good administrative skills for crisis management. It is now beyond, Oya IG, go announced this, or let's deploy more police
Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by Fuckingmallam45(m): 7:47am On Oct 13, 2020
akinmusi:
At this junction, a sane or sensitive government will find it imperative to do so to protect his government and give the Executive order.

It's only when things swing in their favour to loot that they can act swiftly.
At this juncture
Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by smogjoe(m): 7:52am On Oct 13, 2020
21cents:
No.2 demand is key!!
If No 2 is your demand..what do you want them to do?? To sack all SARS operatives?, and cause more social problems in the country...one thing we need to be aware of is that leadership is not a small business...to make decision, we need to think back and forth..so we don't invite secondary social vices..
They have come to say that they will be retrained, reoriented and their leaders rebuilt and rebranded..why not let support that and put them to checks..instead of advocating for the death of All SARS operatives cos of Infractions of few..
We need to be constructive abeg..don't forget we all went to school�
Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by seeker121(m): 7:53am On Oct 13, 2020
From fed poly Ilaro banking and finance department PT 2007/2009 set
Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by Daddysidhan: 8:04am On Oct 13, 2020
PassingShot:

This Aboki has finally come out of his hateful shell threatening protesters Lols, is that the best you can do? Your illiterate boko haram/bandit brothers from the north are been given mansions and scholarship for killing and maiming in the north yet your idiotic dunderhead self want the southern youths to be dealt with violently because they are fighting for their rights. If you think the south west youths can be killed with no long term consequences you are definitely kidding yourself. ODE Omo Mollah

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tony Cole Clinches Rivers APC Governorship Ticket / Okonkwo Concedes APC Ticket To Ngige / Restructure Or We Resume Attacks - Militants Tell FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.