Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,044 members, 7,828,677 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed (21005 Views)

Police Has Arrested The Woman That Flung Her Underage Maid- Picture / Whoever Takes Money For Bail Is A Kidnapper, Says Lagos CP / The SARS They Said Has Been Reformed, Beat My Uncle To Death - Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by ENGINEERG(m): 7:05am On Oct 13, 2020
I have been to several police stations, to solve many cases for people , and I have been a victims too of robbery and breach of contracts..In all, I paid money...In my eyes I saw how police are making millions in their stations on people who have cases..
And at the end, after arm twisting people to pay , at the counter people will still pay for Bail,
Anyone who enter cell will pay for Soap, pay for water , which were not provided
In police station ,you will see BAIL IS FREE, but its never free
Even if you have a lawyer, its your lawyer who will negotiate the bail for you
All the money police make illegally get to the top, and it is hard their hierarchy change this narrative
But I believe, a day Bail is free, Police is actually reformed

250 Likes 24 Shares

Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by Tintinnoty(m): 7:22am On Oct 13, 2020
Bail is free but unfortunately, unscrupulous officers still extort suspects and make them pay for 'bail' before they are released.

Nigeria is a messed up country where everybody looks for way taking the advantage of the other.

In this country, we are who we are.

69 Likes 6 Shares

Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by kulboy(m): 7:22am On Oct 13, 2020
I know right

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by hakeem4(m): 7:22am On Oct 13, 2020
Police is not your friend

115 Likes 8 Shares

Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by crafteeworld: 7:22am On Oct 13, 2020
nigerian police go prefer make dem kukuma just scrap the police force than for bail to be free

214 Likes 8 Shares

Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by Dukeolumidemans(m): 7:22am On Oct 13, 2020
Is like telling me POLICE is ur friend or SARS has been banned... I prefer to believe BUHARI can pronounce FIBUNACCI or ODONTOID PROCESS... grin grin grin tongue

20 Likes

Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by shaggy007(m): 7:23am On Oct 13, 2020
That's a good point

But police have to eat na

Modified : To all those quoting me, no they don't pay the police.

They are paid less than 25% of their salaries.

The ogas at the top share them all.

And besides, a percentage their salaries go to the person that brought them into the police force.

That's why all these government agencies require "connections" before you get in.

Your "connection" has a lifetime percentage of your salary.

And by the time the ogas and your connection have all taken their percentages, you will be left with nothing.

This is what obasabjo saw and said its not wrong to give police N50 when driving.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by manychallenges: 7:23am On Oct 13, 2020
You'll just have to wait till Jesus comes back

8 Likes

Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by Minjim: 7:23am On Oct 13, 2020
You nailed it!

25 Likes

Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by sorsor(m): 7:23am On Oct 13, 2020
C
Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by Strika22(m): 7:24am On Oct 13, 2020
You’re making sense

5 Likes

Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by Camelot65: 7:24am On Oct 13, 2020
Then you'll have to wait centuries ahead cheesy

1 Like

Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by shekwon: 7:24am On Oct 13, 2020
guo
Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by ugolinze123(m): 7:24am On Oct 13, 2020
Bail can never be free in Nigeria, you know why?.. you see those potbelly in offices will rather die than fold hands and watch such reform happen under there nose.

21 Likes

Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by OlujobaSamuel: 7:24am On Oct 13, 2020
Hmmmmmmm, you are right. If you should be with a mobility (car, bike or anything alike) when arrested, you won't be allowed to leave too despite the bail until you settle the officer manning the gate.

4 Likes

Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by toyinjimoh(m): 7:24am On Oct 13, 2020
for bail to be free in Nigeria all the police section need total reform

1 Like

Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by shaggy007(m): 7:24am On Oct 13, 2020
manychallenges:
You'll just have to wait till Jesus comes back

Or when buhari becomes a Christian

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by virginboy1(m): 7:24am On Oct 13, 2020
IGP Adamu said " You want SARS to end we disbanded it.
You want the President to speak. He has spoken.

Now he asked, what do you want?

We: A Working System undecided

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by Nobody: 7:24am On Oct 13, 2020
Allow police to do their choppings. Bail is free is not the problem. Bail is just 5k .The problem Is SARS they dont have names to trace, no badge they dont have plate number to track. They dont have uniform. Full blown robbers
Pls allow the police to do their small Choppings. The real. thieves are SARS.

This is BBC interview they took 150k from a guy who owns a restaurant and threatened to implicate him if he doesn't pay them for no reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Id5WvpeGks

The problem is SARS not police

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by millionboi2: 7:24am On Oct 13, 2020
Partial free bail
Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by Adenuoye123(m): 7:24am On Oct 13, 2020
Nigeria police are thieves.

15 Likes

Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by doggedfighter(f): 7:25am On Oct 13, 2020
The IGP is aware that bail isn't free

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by popweezy(m): 7:25am On Oct 13, 2020
They will tell you bail is free but they have to collact the money for the fuel they used to transport you to their station and for maintaining you.. Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 7:25am On Oct 13, 2020
#EndAsuuStrike
#EndAsuuStrike

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by Spactacle(m): 7:25am On Oct 13, 2020
If a camel can pass through the eye of a needle, I think that's when bail will be free

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by fratermathy(m): 7:25am On Oct 13, 2020
You are on point. I've always wondered why people pay to bail themselves when it's clear that bail is free. There was a time that a close relation had a police case and when his name was cleared, the DPO demanded N20,000 as bail. I quickly called the PCRRU on 08057000003. I spoke to an officer about the bail situation and they coerced the DPO to release the person without any payment.

I think the time has come for Nigerians to use these avenues as a way of changing things. If any policeman harasses you or asks for money for bail, do not suffer in silence. Escalate the issue and you'll be surpised that the situation will change.

The PCRRU is also on Twitter and Facebook. They have an app and a WhatsApp line. You can even send texts discreetly and get responses. If we stand together and say no to impunity and extortion, we will succeed as a nation.

36 Likes 10 Shares

Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by tfash96(m): 7:25am On Oct 13, 2020
And some idiots were abusing that innocent when she mentioned that this shitty place is a jungle when she's absolutely right

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by oshamolomo(m): 7:25am On Oct 13, 2020
Only God will save us from them.....
Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by plumcomm: 7:25am On Oct 13, 2020
there is no free lunch even in freetown,ni kosofe local government kosi ofe.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Court Sends Judge To Prison For Alleged Fraud / Suicidal Woman Rescued After She Jumped Into A River In Kogi / Mobile Police Officers Protest In Maiduguri Over Non-Payment Of Allowance (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.