Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,870 members, 7,855,563 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 04:48 AM

When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed (21067 Views)

Police Has Arrested The Woman That Flung Her Underage Maid- Picture / Whoever Takes Money For Bail Is A Kidnapper, Says Lagos CP / The SARS They Said Has Been Reformed, Beat My Uncle To Death - Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by Throwback: 8:40am On Oct 13, 2020
ugofulfilled:

They earn salary

You can imagine the corrupt mentality of the typical Nigerian.

Trust me, that fellow is also in his own paid job but extorting those who have to patronize his firm or government agency.
Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by cheango: 8:42am On Oct 13, 2020
money121:

Pls let me share dis on twitter
permission granted sir

1 Like

Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by Longman180(m): 8:45am On Oct 13, 2020
princemartinsG:
This narrative is not far from the truth
But it's source is far deeper than what is seen at face value

The average Nigeria Police man provides nearly all the tools used for his duties by himself

Even the so-called SARS that is disbanded has to procure vehicle, pay for it and fuel it

More is left to be desire from those in charge of Police remuneration and imprest for operation

Until we solve these fissiparous undertones our efforts will be more talk than action

Government has to reform the police like it is in saner climes

VOTE A UNITED NIGERIA
not only the police,but the country generally,a very good point you raise up,where is those money going?police will not come and arrest suspect for you and still pay for the transportation,so one person must bear it is either you or the suspect.even this issue of sars is still a scam,until the whole country is reform nothing will work accordingly

Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by Vulcan24(m): 8:47am On Oct 13, 2020
Pls tune in to NTA the matters are been discussed
Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by ugofulfilled(m): 8:47am On Oct 13, 2020
Throwback:

You can imagine the corrupt mentality of the typical Nigerian.

Trust me, that fellow is also in his own paid job but extorting those who have to patronize his firm or government agency.

You are absolutely right. From his speech one can tell about his personality (whatever his gender is) as our speech bewrays us.

1 Like

Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by medolab90(m): 8:52am On Oct 13, 2020
money121:

Pls let me share dis on twitter

Abeg you fit drop your handle?? I would like to see people reaction.

1 Like

Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by Greenbottlelady: 8:57am On Oct 13, 2020
100% correct
Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by Burgerlomo: 9:06am On Oct 13, 2020
Officially bail is free unofficially it's not grin
Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by Ustec: 9:07am On Oct 13, 2020
virginboy1:
IGP Adamu said " You want SARS to end we disbanded it.
You want the President to speak. He has spoken.

Now he asked, what do you want?

We: A Working System undecided

And you want to wake up tomorrow morning to see the working system that has been deeply corrupt since 1999.

Stop importation,..No
Stop corruption in private and public office...No
Prosecute guilty opposition looters..No
Pay your tax...No
IPPIS..No
Restructuring... No
Police checkpoints... No
Reform Special anti robbery squad unit...No
Execute project on debt to avoid embezzlement...No
Stop yahoo and fraud..No

So how do you want fuel price and electricity tariff to reduce when we all live and survive through corruption in almost every sector of the economy.

We are not ready to develope as a Nation.
Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by CoolAmbience(m): 9:14am On Oct 13, 2020
ENGINEERG:
I have been to several police stations, to solve many cases for people , and I have been a victims too of robbery and breach of contracts..In all, I paid money...In my eyes I saw how police are making millions in their stations on people who have cases..
And at the end, after arm twisting people to pay , at the counter people will still pay for Bail,
Anyone who enter cell will pay for Soap, pay for water , which were not provided
In police station ,you will see BAIL IS FREE, but its never free
Even if you have a lawyer, its your lawyer who will negotiate the bail for you
All the money police make illegally get to the top, and it is hard their hierarchy change this narrative
But I believe, a day Bail is free, Police is actually reformed

Oga, you are the one who chose to pay.

I have dealt with the police regarding arrests, including of a vehicle.

I just go collect am....I nor give anybody a kobo.
Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by joek(m): 9:28am On Oct 13, 2020
Please I will like to ask. Where will police see money to fuel their pick-up vans that they use for patrol? I am not a police but I just want to know.
Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by money121(m): 9:29am On Oct 13, 2020
medolab90:

Abeg you fit drop your handle?? I would like to see people reaction.

Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by money121(m): 9:30am On Oct 13, 2020
cheango:
permission granted sir
Done

Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by moradeyo43399: 9:33am On Oct 13, 2020
Pls song in to NTA the issues are been discussed
Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by Oludara202: 9:33am On Oct 13, 2020
TheWalkingMind:
Your first paragraph makes zero sense.

How do other profession survive?

If they're not cool with their pay let them protest.

EnoughIsEnough. #FreeBailIsOurRight

I understand where you are coming from, but is it like we don't have the money ? Politicians take way too much ordinarily plus the siphoning too.
The problem comes from the top.
Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by TheWalkingMind: 9:35am On Oct 13, 2020
Oludara202:

I understand where you are coming from, but is it like we don't have the money ? Politicians take way too much ordinarily plus the siphoning too.
The problem comes from the top.
Undoubtedly.

We'll get rid of those old cargos soon.
Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by alpamo6: 9:53am On Oct 13, 2020
ModestGal:

Did they find it for you?
for where, have to buy another phone. Just need the police extract for record & documentation. Immediately wiped out the phone remotely and since I have SIM Lock, no panic. Recovered my SIMs. Anyways, I was later contacted by the person that stole/found the phone after like a week, requested for reward, did and got my old phone back, SAMSUNG A71. Police never called for follow up, they were only interested to make money from me not minding that I was robbed and was in pain.

1 Like

Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by Akinbahm(m): 10:11am On Oct 13, 2020
BehindBiafra:
Allow police to do their choppings. Bail is free is not the problem. Bail is just 5k. The problem Is SARS they dont have names to trace, no badge they dont have plate number to track. They dont have uniform. Full blown robbers
Pls allow the police to do their small Choppings. The real. thieves are SARS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Id5WvpeGks

The problem is SARS not police

At those emboldened is our problem, instead of us curbing sth completely we will be doing paddling paddling here and there till it get worst.

Had been we fought against Special Armed Robbery Squad packaged for us as (SARS) thoroughly back then in 2016 am sure we wont be fighting against them now but on another thing entirely.

#No more to giving police bribe.
Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by tonyson010(m): 10:19am On Oct 13, 2020
shaggy007:
That's a good point

But police have to eat na

Modified : To all those quoting me, no they don't pay the police.

They are paid less than 25% of their salaries.

The ogas at the top share them all.

And besides, a percentage their salaries go to the person that brought them into the police force.

That's why all these government agencies require "connections" before you get in.

Your "connection" has a lifetime percentage of your salary.

And by the time the ogas and your connection have all taken their percentages, you will be left with nothing.

This is what obasabjo saw and said its not wrong to give police N50 when driving.

I don't agree that it is lifetime payment in fact some people just pay before getting the employment.
Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by pacificom: 10:23am On Oct 13, 2020
Let there be no bribery first, then we can be talking about a decency uniform force in nigeria.
Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by Alexmark253(m): 10:30am On Oct 13, 2020
Cosmetic doctors differ from regular plastic surgeons and even dermatologists, but they are very popular nowadays due to their efficiency in enhancing beauty and the fact that they can work on different aspects of your body to make women and men look more attractive and youthful.
https://secretsofpakistan.com/aesthetic-clinics-karachi/
Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by nnaemeka817(m): 10:41am On Oct 13, 2020
[/color]
ENGINEERG:
I have been to several police stations, to solve many cases for people , and I have been a victims too of robbery and breach of contracts..In all, I paid money...In my eyes I saw how police are making millions in their stations on people who have cases..
And at the end, after arm twisting people to pay , at the counter people will still pay for Bail,
Anyone who enter cell will pay for Soap, pay for water , which were not provided
All the money police make illegally get to the top, and it is hard their hierarchy change this narrative
not in this zoo[color=#006600]
[color=#006600][/color]
Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 13, 2020
Saao:
even police also paid for bail for the family members at least I witness one this year, when an inspector wife who happens to be my inlaw was arrested, the husband (inspector of police) paid for her bail.

lol.

It's true.
Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by Thazard(m): 11:20am On Oct 13, 2020
fratermathy:
You are on point. I've always wondered why people pay to bail themselves when it's clear that bail is free. There was a time that a close relation had a police case and when his name was cleared, the DPO demanded N20,000 as bail. I quickly called the PCRRU on 08057000003. I spoke to an officer about the bail situation and they coerced the DPO to release the person without any payment.

I think the time has come for Nigerians to use these avenues as a way of changing things. If any policeman harasses you or asks for money for bail, do not suffer in silence. Escalate the issue and you'll be surpised that the situation will change.

The PCRRU is also on Twitter and Facebook. They have an app and a WhatsApp line. You can even send texts discreetly and get responses. If we stand together and say no to impunity and extortion, we will succeed as a nation.

Please throw more light on the bolded.
Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by Oracleforce: 11:23am On Oct 13, 2020
ENGINEERG:

Bail is the fee you pay indirectly to the DPO for office and welfare maintenance of his or her good office.
Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by Thazard(m): 11:28am On Oct 13, 2020
ucheihemere:
Bail is actually free when you act like one who knows his right but it is very deficult to provide the requirements. My people the list for a free bail is long.

What are the list sir?
Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by ENGINEERG(m): 11:28am On Oct 13, 2020
KUDOS
money121:

Done
Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by Thazard(m): 11:30am On Oct 13, 2020
CoolAmbience:

Oga, you are the one who chose to pay.
I have dealt with the police regarding arrests, including of a vehicle.
I just go collect am....I nor give anybody a kobo.

please sir explain
Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by Ikidons(m): 11:34am On Oct 13, 2020
shaggy007:
That's a good point

But police have to eat na

Modified : To all those quoting me, no they don't pay the police.

They are paid less than 25% of their salaries.

The ogas at the top share them all.

And besides, a percentage their salaries go to the person that brought them into the police force.

That's why all these government agencies require "connections" before you get in.

Your "connection" has a lifetime percentage of your salary.

And by the time the ogas and your connection have all taken their percentages, you will be left with nothing.

This is what obasabjo saw and said its not wrong to give police N50 when driving.

Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by Motion123(m): 11:37am On Oct 13, 2020
crafteeworld:
nigerian police go prefer make dem kukuma just scrap the police force than for bail to be free

Bail is and was never free even the IG knows it

1 Like

Re: When Bail Is Actually Free, I Will Believe The Police Has Been Reformed by sweetrace(f): 12:26pm On Oct 13, 2020
Tintinnoty:
that you're talking about is known as court bail. I guess the op is talking about the normal police bail also known as administrative bail. That administrative bail is free.

Okay! I did not know one paid bail to the police.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Judgment Over An Accusation. / Police Nab 27-yr-old Serial Rapist In Calabar / Adekunle Mufutau, 4 Others Docked For Possession Of Human Skulls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.