Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,807 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

Kia Cerrato And Hyundai Elantra Vs Toyota Corolla - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Kia Cerrato And Hyundai Elantra Vs Toyota Corolla (2179 Views)

Toyota Corolla 2006 Vs. Toyota Matrix 2005: Which Should I Buy / 2009 Kia Cerrato Auto Gearbox Needed / Peugeot 406 (2004) Vs Toyota Corolla 2008 (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kia Cerrato And Hyundai Elantra Vs Toyota Corolla by billyfranc: 6:46am On Oct 14, 2020
Please your advice is highly and urgently needed. I want to go for either Nigerian used Kia Cerrato or Hyundai Elentra (2012 and upwards) as Toyota corolla is unnecessarily expensive. Please how reliable, rugged and fuel economical are these cars? Also, are they cheap to maintain and their parts readily available?

Please experienced guys and gurus should assist me. This will be my first ride.
Re: Kia Cerrato And Hyundai Elantra Vs Toyota Corolla by weyreypey: 6:49am On Oct 14, 2020
billyfranc:
Please your advice is highly and urgently needed. I want to go for either Nigerian used Kia Cerrato or Hyundai Elentra (2012 and upwards) as Toyota corolla is unnecessarily expensive. Please how reliable, rugged and fuel economical are these cars? Also, are they cheap to maintain and their parts readily available?

If e no be Corolla...e no fit be like Corolla..but let nurey and gazzuzz talk
Re: Kia Cerrato And Hyundai Elantra Vs Toyota Corolla by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:24am On Oct 14, 2020
billyfranc:

Those two vehicles are perfect examples of weyre we de disguise.

7 Likes

Re: Kia Cerrato And Hyundai Elantra Vs Toyota Corolla by weyreypey: 7:30am On Oct 14, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

In layman's terms
Re: Kia Cerrato And Hyundai Elantra Vs Toyota Corolla by nurey(m): 8:10am On Oct 14, 2020
billyfranc:

As much as possible I try to avoid any hyundai vehicle from 12 upwards, the engines are fragile and extremely expensive to replace.

look at honda Civic, Nissan Sentra, toyota Yaris
Re: Kia Cerrato And Hyundai Elantra Vs Toyota Corolla by weyreypey: 8:12am On Oct 14, 2020
nurey:

As much as possible I try to avoid any hyundai vehicle from 12 upwards, the engines are fragile and extremely expensive to replace.

He also asked about the Kia Cerato
Re: Kia Cerrato And Hyundai Elantra Vs Toyota Corolla by weyreypey: 9:05am On Oct 14, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Soro Soke

2 Likes

Re: Kia Cerrato And Hyundai Elantra Vs Toyota Corolla by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:06am On Oct 14, 2020
weyreypey:

Soro Soke

Lemonade ni awon motor yen grin

5 Likes

Re: Kia Cerrato And Hyundai Elantra Vs Toyota Corolla by nurey(m): 12:20pm On Oct 14, 2020
weyreypey:
He also asked about the Kia Cerato
kia = Hyundai
cerato = Elantra
Re: Kia Cerrato And Hyundai Elantra Vs Toyota Corolla by ITbomb(m): 2:07pm On Oct 14, 2020
Hyundai Elantra is much better (and bigger + more luxurious) than Kia Cerato.
Although they are always grouped together but the build (paint work, body, under) of Hyundai is much more rugged than Kia

The engine is way more expensive than Toyota's but if you handle it well and give it synthetic oil (or at least synthetic based oil), it will serve you very well

1 Like

Re: Kia Cerrato And Hyundai Elantra Vs Toyota Corolla by billyfranc: 6:16pm On Oct 14, 2020
I like Honda Civic but my fear is the leg pulling. Which year is less prone to problems in addition to fuel economy, reliability, cheap and available parts? Also, is it advisable for a newbie to go for Nigerian used?

nurey:

Re: Kia Cerrato And Hyundai Elantra Vs Toyota Corolla by nurey(m): 6:23pm On Oct 14, 2020
billyfranc:
I like Honda Civic but my fear is the leg pulling. Which year is less prone to problems in addition to fuel economy, reliability, cheap and available parts? Also, is it advisable for a newbie to go for Nigerian used?

Honda Civic has never pulled leg even once since 1988 when the first models arrived Nigeria.

Any year you buy but leave hybrid with your budget 06 upwards then as for naija used ensure your mechanic inspects and do a test drive to your satisfaction

5 Likes

Re: Kia Cerrato And Hyundai Elantra Vs Toyota Corolla by Ibk2020: 11:13pm On Oct 14, 2020
nurey:

Pls any known issues with hyundai elantras 2007-2009?
Re: Kia Cerrato And Hyundai Elantra Vs Toyota Corolla by olumzzz(m): 8:39am On Oct 15, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Lemonade ni awon motor yen grin
Gazzuzz biko, what about Tucson (2012 and above)?
Re: Kia Cerrato And Hyundai Elantra Vs Toyota Corolla by nurey(m): 11:41am On Oct 15, 2020
Ibk2020:

Pls any known issues with hyundai elantras 2007-2009?

None I can say but don't drive them in salty water like lekki, ikoyi and co flood, the body panels underneath begin to rust

(1) (Reply)

Hey / Frequent Timing Belt Issue / Ride From LAGOS To ABEOKUTA/OGUN For As Low As 800naira?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.