Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,068 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:18 AM

Could You Eat An Animal You Raised? [PHOTOS] - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Could You Eat An Animal You Raised? [PHOTOS] (2175 Views)

Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) / Black Spaghetti. This Is What It Looks Like. Can You Eat This? / Dr. Ify Aniebo: If You Eat Gala In Nigeria I Feel Bad For You (2) (3) (4)

Could You Eat An Animal You Raised? [PHOTOS] by Stephenmoka4(m): 3:21pm On Oct 14, 2020
I do not enjoy eating animals raised by me or any close family member. There is this guilt or feeling of disappointment and dissatisfaction I always get, like a murder or cannibal effect.

How can you eat animals you raise and care
for on a daily basis for weeks, months or years? Isn’t it hard?

Does it bother you when you eat meat from an animal you can put a face to?

Re: Could You Eat An Animal You Raised? [PHOTOS] by Davash222(m): 3:22pm On Oct 14, 2020
See question you’re asking a Nation that eats monkeys cheesy

Re: Could You Eat An Animal You Raised? [PHOTOS] by Stephenmoka4(m): 3:28pm On Oct 14, 2020
Davash222:
See question you’re asking a Nation that eats monkeys cheesy
It feels like I'm eating a pet or something I adopted.

Re: Could You Eat An Animal You Raised? [PHOTOS] by Davash222(m): 3:31pm On Oct 14, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
It feels like I'm eating a pet or something I adopted.
Allow your stomach to worry about that.
Re: Could You Eat An Animal You Raised? [PHOTOS] by osamz007: 3:35pm On Oct 14, 2020
I prefer eating it hot with friends and a cold bottles of Heineken
Re: Could You Eat An Animal You Raised? [PHOTOS] by fati2001(m): 3:44pm On Oct 14, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
I do not enjoy eating animals raised by me or any close family member. There is this guilt or feeling of disappointment and dissatisfaction I always get, like a murder or cannibal effect.

same as my dad.

he prefer to buy the butchered one.

Re: Could You Eat An Animal You Raised? [PHOTOS] by Stephenmoka4(m): 4:14pm On Oct 14, 2020
fati2001:

same as my dad.

he prefer to buy the butchered one.
I couldn't even slaughter one, feels sad.

Re: Could You Eat An Animal You Raised? [PHOTOS] by SKhanmi: 3:34pm On Oct 18, 2020
It's not surprising. The more intelligent they are the harder. You have 2 choices:
Don't eat what you raised
Harden up your mind. (No guilt,No pity)

The first option is better, the second one spills into the other areas of your life.
Re: Could You Eat An Animal You Raised? [PHOTOS] by pozehnani(f): 4:21pm On Oct 18, 2020
So you form a bond with your food. Serious!

If I happen to rear any animal that is edible, I won't think twice when it time to kill and eat. Whats my biz if it feels betrayed? Did I have an oath with it not to kill it? Op, you funny.

Stay there and be forming bond with meatgrin.

Re: Could You Eat An Animal You Raised? [PHOTOS] by Stephenmoka4(m): 4:55pm On Oct 18, 2020
pozehnani:
So you form a bond with your food. Serious!

If I happen to rear any animal that is edible, I won't think twice when it time to kill and eat. Whats my biz if it feels betrayed? Did I have an oath with it not to kill it? Op, you funny.

Stay there and be forming bond with meatgrin.
Could you trade it and buy another? I don't feel okay eating such, feels like I'm eating a house pet.
Re: Could You Eat An Animal You Raised? [PHOTOS] by pozehnani(f): 5:33pm On Oct 18, 2020
Stephenmoka4:

Could you trade it and buy another? I don't feel okay eating such, feels like I'm eating a house pet.

Same same. Meat is meat.

Ok.. do you relate with them that makes you feel that way? I don't get it.
Re: Could You Eat An Animal You Raised? [PHOTOS] by Stephenmoka4(m): 5:38pm On Oct 18, 2020
pozehnani:

Same same. Meat is meat.

Ok.. do you relate with them that makes you feel that way? I don't get it.
Lol no, the thought of feeding and caring for a living thing has this no eating effect. It looks like I'm practicing cannibalism. Weird

Re: Could You Eat An Animal You Raised? [PHOTOS] by pozehnani(f): 5:50pm On Oct 18, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
Lol no, the thought of feeding and caring for a living thing has this no eating effect. It looks like I'm practicing cannibalism. Weird

Lol.. you're funny.

Anyways.. I don't think I'll ever feel that even if I fed them with the whole world. I mean.. the essence of feeding them is so I can have fat meat at the end of the day.grin So??

I'll advise you drop that sentiment and accept the fact that they are nothing but meat for consumption. Not some family members.grin

Re: Could You Eat An Animal You Raised? [PHOTOS] by mariahAngel(f): 6:39pm On Oct 18, 2020
Stephenmoka4:

To be honest, I really don't enjoy eating an animal I've been attached to.

I remember always feeling really sad and nostalgic after we've killed our Christmas chickens...and that was after spending just 2-3 days with them...feeding them and giving them some water to drink
Killing them after rearing them is totally out of the question.

Re: Could You Eat An Animal You Raised? [PHOTOS] by Stephenmoka4(m): 6:58pm On Oct 18, 2020
mariahAngel:

To be honest, I really don't enjoy eating an animal I've been attached to.

I remember always feeling really sad and nostalgic after we've killed our Christmas chickens...and that was after spending just 2-3 days with them...feeding them and giving them some water to drink
Killing them after rearing them is totally out of the question.
Exactly, good thing I'm not the only one feeling that way.

Re: Could You Eat An Animal You Raised? [PHOTOS] by Elsueno: 1:48am On Oct 20, 2020
I have killed literary hundreds of broiler chickens and personally ate at least a quarter of them.

In summary, wether the pet white rabbits or the white turkeys end up in my plates immediately they exceed the maximum threshold.

I ALWAYS CONSIDER SUCH PETS as "special rations" . I never get attach to my food jare.

The rest of the animals don't even care thier "friends" are missing grin
Re: Could You Eat An Animal You Raised? [PHOTOS] by Darkseid(m): 1:21pm On Oct 21, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
Exactly, good thing I'm not the only one feeling that way.
After my final exam in school, I and some of my friends gathered money and paid a fellow neighbour to arrange dog for us. We paid him 15k and he travelled to his village, killed their pet dog and brought it for us.
The dog was big and tasty; na the guy even chop pass, just imagine ten guys "chopping" one whole dog with 25 litres of chilled palmwine. I still dey miss those days sha cry cry

Re: Could You Eat An Animal You Raised? [PHOTOS] by Stephenmoka4(m): 1:43pm On Oct 21, 2020
Darkseid:
After my final exam in school, I and some of my friends gathered money and paid a fellow neighbour to arrange dog for us. We paid him 15k and he travelled to his village, killed their pet dog and brought it for us.
The dog was big and tasty; na the guy even chop pass, just imagine ten guys "chopping" one whole dog with 25 litres of chilled palmwine. I still dey miss those days sha cry cry
Funny and sad at the same time, you mean he slay his pet dog for meal ? shocked
Re: Could You Eat An Animal You Raised? [PHOTOS] by Robinson155(m): 6:22am On Oct 22, 2020
Aside from my dog(Kong), my two turtles (Neggi and Kate) any other thing I train nah for chop chop grin grin tongue
Re: Could You Eat An Animal You Raised? [PHOTOS] by Stephenmoka4(m): 12:31am On Oct 23, 2020
Robinson155:
Aside from my dog(Kong), my two turtles (Neggi and Kate) any other thing I train nah for chop chop grin grin tongue
Ewo! grin you no dey reason say the thing don Sabi your face, how you want look am for eye contact slaughter.

Re: Could You Eat An Animal You Raised? [PHOTOS] by mariahAngel(f): 8:50am On Oct 23, 2020
Darkseid:

That your fellow neighbour ehn... Tufia! angry

...and how do people knowingly eat dog's meat? lipsrsealed
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Could You Eat An Animal You Raised? [PHOTOS] by Darkseid(m): 10:38am On Oct 23, 2020
mariahAngel:

That your fellow neighbour ehn... Tufia! angry

...and how do people knowingly eat dog's meat? lipsrsealed
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

How can you not like 404, the best thing since sliced bread grin grin

Re: Could You Eat An Animal You Raised? [PHOTOS] by Stephenmoka4(m): 3:54pm On Oct 23, 2020
Darkseid:
How can you not like 404, the best thing since sliced bread grin grin
Are you serious? You mean man best friend is in man's belly cheesy
Re: Could You Eat An Animal You Raised? [PHOTOS] by Darkseid(m): 4:57pm On Oct 23, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
Are you serious? You mean man best friend is in man's belly cheesy
I used to be like you till my Akwa Ibom friends opened my eyes grin grin

Re: Could You Eat An Animal You Raised? [PHOTOS] by Robinson155(m): 7:44pm On Oct 23, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
Ewo! grin you no dey reason say the thing don Sabi your face, how you want look am for eye contact slaughter.

Me self I dunno o
Re: Could You Eat An Animal You Raised? [PHOTOS] by Stephenmoka4(m): 7:51pm On Oct 23, 2020
Robinson155:

Me self I dunno o
If na fish, I can take it but, bird or mammals. No, no, no. It doesn't give good taste, knowing that it is the one I reared.

Re: Could You Eat An Animal You Raised? [PHOTOS] by Robinson155(m): 6:17am On Oct 24, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
If na fish, I can take it but, bird or mammals. No, no, no. It doesn't give good taste, knowing that it is the one I reared.

:Dbut people still rear fish � nah wink
Either ways, there are things you get attached to and once it’s like that..I hands down
Re: Could You Eat An Animal You Raised? [PHOTOS] by Stephenmoka4(m): 5:55pm On Oct 27, 2020
Good evening Lalasticlala wink
Re: Could You Eat An Animal You Raised? [PHOTOS] by Yomit71(m): 5:53am On Oct 29, 2020
op you're not alone jare, always spoil my mouth when eating it as if am eating faeces
Re: Could You Eat An Animal You Raised? [PHOTOS] by Stephenmoka4(m): 5:47pm On Oct 30, 2020
Yomit71:
op you're not alone jare, always spoil my mouth when eating it as if am eating faeces
I swear, the thing dey do me anyhow. embarassed
Re: Could You Eat An Animal You Raised? [PHOTOS] by Blackbug: 10:03pm On Oct 30, 2020
Stephenmoka4:

Me too
Re: Could You Eat An Animal You Raised? [PHOTOS] by Stephenmoka4(m): 7:49pm On Oct 31, 2020
Blackbug:

Me too
Wow never knew there are more people that feels this way

Catfish For Sale In Small/large Quantities And Good Price / . / Foods Never To Give Children