Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,416 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

In The Age Of Information Ignorance Is A Choice. My Opinion On #endsars. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In The Age Of Information Ignorance Is A Choice. My Opinion On #endsars. (255 Views)

My Choice, My Candidate 2023 / Lai Mohammed On EndSARS: We Have Met Demands, We Can't Go Beyond What We've Done / Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

In The Age Of Information Ignorance Is A Choice. My Opinion On #endsars. by dgalon(m): 4:41pm On Oct 15, 2020
ENDSARS started as a protest, later escalate to a movement. as a result of so many crimes the unit committed against many innocent civilians and victims of circumstances across the nation. Because of their vicious nature and poor tactics of investigation carryout in various part of the country.

The movement received numerous local/foreign news, personalities, heads of states, heads of government and various NGO's attention. Every news, forum, pages, platform and blogs was flooded with the slogans #Endsars #Endpolicebrutality to mentioned few.

However, the movement has its own theory of contradiction due to diversity in our religious, historical and cultural differences.. Many Northerners disagree and condemns the movement as a result of the current crisis haboring the North.. Yes, I'm also a Northerner. and I also feel the bleeding of the North.
Nonetheless, I participated in the movement. Why? Because, I believed "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice anywhere. Whatever affects one directly, affects All indirectly. Martin Luther King, Jr." the abused of power by the entire police force is enough. bail is free my?....

√ Where was sars when North bandits are roaming streets, ambushing towns and burning civilians with their properties?
√ where was Sars when boko haram are killing and kidnapping innocent people?
√ Where was sars when every act of crime against humanity was/is committed in the North?
√ Where were they? Some many question and robberies left unsloved.

I just kept wandering and asking myself these questions without answer.
I totally concur on the motion that said the entire police force should be reform.. And I believe one-day the system will realize its true purpose and objectives. Before you judge, I indulge with you to read till end..

WHAT SARS?
The Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) is a Nigerian Police force unit under the Force Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department headed by the Deputy Inspector General of Police Anthony Ogbizi. It was created in late 1992 and was intended to deal with crimes associated with robbery, motor vehicle theft, kidnapping, cattle rustling, and crimes involving firearms.

How many civilians can testify the aforementioned functions its what the SARs unit represent/exhibit?
with the recent nationwide and global protest I said few with selfish interest. If you live in the most urban cities in this country, you might have read, encounter or known someone whom their encounter with the Sars was barbaric and brutal. In most of their cases, innocent civilians were mistreated badly and wrongly convicted. Due to lack of adequate information and poor investigation technics prior to actions/encounters.
The method/approach of the SARS unit in the field violated the principles of rules of law. For how long will this injustice and barbaric acts would be ignored?
Enough is Enough Sars. "An unjust law, is no law at all. which means I have a right, even a duty to resist." St Aug..

Even Though they claim success in solving few cases in the past years. Nevertheless, most of the Victories are at the expenses of an innocent civilians.

You might think we didn't achieve anything or we were fighting someone else battle that can't be won, which we shouldn't.. Sars was disbanded, you said old wine in new bottle.. I totally disagree. Its the first time in the history of this country where the masses come together and march for their rights.. The biggest jackpot is the masses started to realized the true potentialities of unity and liberation..

On the very day the sars was disbanded many other slogan of surface, such as #endbokoharaminsurgency #endnorthbandity #endkidanapping and many more symbols and slogans of liberation.

Notable to Mention.
Aisha Yesufu disagree/hate her or abuse her for your own reason, doesn't change the fact that she played a major role in this movement. Come to think of it, If a single stand like that can send such huge message. What if we all stand and march together to bring the change home.
The major achievement in this movement is that_ people realised when the come together they can fight for their rights whenever its abused.

My Name is Yusuf Dauda.
I'm from North.
I'm tired of smiling and suffering
I want to be heard.
If the change won't come come to us,
We shall march to the change.

(1) (Reply)

The Quest For The Nigeria Police Force Reform: The Lsstf Experience / #ENDSARS: Don't Allow Bootlickers To Deceive You, Melaye Warns Buhari / #ENDSARS: It's Your Right To Protest- Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.