Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,665 members, 7,851,268 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:06 PM

Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road (67413 Views)

Lagos Police Arrest Thugs & Law Enforcement Officers Extorting Motorists. / Soldiers Beat 12 LASTMA Officers For Arresting Army Chief Over One-Way / Soldiers Beat Driver To Death In Calabar; Passengers Didn’t Wear Face Masks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:05am On Oct 16, 2020
thaoriginator:
oga, solider no dey collect bribe. Talking from experience, I have traveled to mostly all the States by road my man. I'm telling you, highest thing they'll do is stylishly ask for your assistance unlike these useless cops that will wanna rob you.

And it's not as if the soldiers are being paid more than the police.

Kudos to the soldiers

Sorry to say, but you are wrong. Though not all of them, but you see those ones along the stretch of the new tarred road from Ore, those ones that want to spoil the road by putting sticks on the floor to slow down vehicles, those ones dey collect o.

Maybe na shame or wetin sha, but na civilians them dey use collect while they sit under their shade

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by OdefaGirl(f): 7:06am On Oct 16, 2020
This kind of news this early morning

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by dalass(f): 7:06am On Oct 16, 2020
Treat their fvxkups well a grin
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Sonnobax15(m): 7:07am On Oct 16, 2020
Benesis:

I travelled regularly from Kano to Jigawa, a distance close to from Imo to Akwa ibom without ever being stopped for once for check or 50box
That can only happen in the north bro.
here in the south,the kind of power vested in the hands of these evil policemen totally exceeds the power vested in the hands of a LGA chairman..

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Nchenches: 7:08am On Oct 16, 2020
Benesis:

I travelled regularly from Kano to Jigawa, a distance close to from Imo to Akwa ibom without ever being stopped for once for check or 50box
You can travel for days in other parts of the world without police or army stoping you.
But once you try to commit a crime , the police is on you without delay.

Nigeria is a strange country- a country occupied by armed forces.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Sonnobax15(m): 7:08am On Oct 16, 2020
OdefaGirl:
This kind of news this early morning
The news sweet you for body abi?
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by BENARI: 7:09am On Oct 16, 2020
This video should go viral and the military should be praised for this so they can do more of this.

Special thank you protest for this one act will ginger the military and scare the hell out of those useless southern police criminals.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by c9a6s6h6boy(m): 7:09am On Oct 16, 2020
Nigeria police will never change may god helps our

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by QuickStandard: 7:10am On Oct 16, 2020
E don red o.

This revolution might just have started codedly.

We buy used inverter batteries, car batteries, at cool instant cash.

We pick up from any location within Nigeria.

Call or Whatsapp us on the number below on my Signature
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Benitoh: 7:10am On Oct 16, 2020
The only thing i can see clearly hear is a case of intimidation in the line of business. The soldiers trying to subdue the weaker sides.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by OdefaGirl(f): 7:12am On Oct 16, 2020
Sonnobax15:
The news sweet you for body abi?

Truth be told....yeaahh!, Abi e no sweet you?

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Sonnobax15(m): 7:13am On Oct 16, 2020
OdefaGirl:

Truth be told....yeaahh!, Abi e no sweet you?
Lol....this has just made my day...

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Nchenches: 7:14am On Oct 16, 2020
Mass education needed for Easterners to rebel against Police extortion.

They are too timid and cowardly in front of the police and army in the east.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by omoadeleye(m): 7:14am On Oct 16, 2020
Benesis:

The last time i was traveling to Taraba from Lagos, we came across lots of checking point, that was in 2019 and it was in the night, so everything might have change now.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by OROSUNBOLB(m): 7:14am On Oct 16, 2020
Nice one soldiers.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Topmaike007(m): 7:15am On Oct 16, 2020
ZeroAccess:
Aft watching the video indeed police no get shame. Wetin dem dey use #20 wey Dem dey collect do. Chai
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Adexxx39: 7:15am On Oct 16, 2020
Does mean that only police corrupt even so called army are also corrupt too. Their own corruption is coded, in Lagos their patrol van are going round on Friday to collect returned from each park such as keke park, shuttle bus park, motorcycle park. Are they not collect bribe too, so they are brothers.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Doutimi101: 7:16am On Oct 16, 2020
GeneralPula:
Good one..

Majority of these brutal police are southerners..

Majority of the victims being extort are southerners..

Seems we need a special southern restructuring, apart from the National restructuring..

If we do not tackle the problem from within, there will never be a change!

Very true..
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by joyandfaith: 7:17am On Oct 16, 2020
datola:
Police and other security outfits should be well funded and paid just like medical workers. Their work is equally critical if not more essential. And even for the fact that they carry dangerous weapons.

Imagine an officer who has spent a decade in the Force going home with paltry N50,000 a month.

We would have more moral grounds to deal with this ugly situation if they are well remunerated.

We can get the fund by cutting the salaries and allowances of politicians by 80%.

level for level , policemen are getting more than health workers. instead of salary, we should be talking of welfare package and allowances. life insurance, death benefits, health insurance, training allowance, duty allowance etc.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by IMASTEX: 7:17am On Oct 16, 2020
ZeroAccess:
Aft watching the video indeed police no get shame. Wetin dem dey use #20 wey Dem dey collect do. Chai
It's gathered and remitted all through to the Oga ontop. In fact the lion share goes up & peanut is left with them to only smoke, buy cheap drink & bed olosho. The recycle continues that is why they never improve on their looks. SARS is only an upgrade with bigger target, they have to operate in animalistic manner to meet up both Oga & themselves, many also do Yahoo. They should sack the IG, DIG's, AIG's and most commissioners. Then elevate the ones with the less issues, replace majority of the current DPO's. Reduce the use of riffles to only special unit who shouldn't be on patrol but only respond to distress call and return back to base. Then the regular police will only use side arms only when on duty. Abolish regular recruitments but through police academy with a four years course. Improve the salary of the last person to at least #150k. All logistics should be fully provided, any erring officers should face the law. Any highly recommended officers should also be rewarded. All officers on guard duties should be recall, guard duties should be done by private security firms under strictly monitored & supervision by police & other agency. Then the state should have it's police.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by dangotesmummy: 7:17am On Oct 16, 2020
jeffizy:
Indeed, it's a great period to be in Nigeria. grin grin grin
we are getting there. the light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer cheesy

Day don break.bubu it's time to resign honourably tongue

International disgrace tongue

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Shadysen: 7:17am On Oct 16, 2020
what a bad time to wear police uniform.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by jamace(m): 7:18am On Oct 16, 2020
That's very good... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Nobody: 7:19am On Oct 16, 2020
jabberjawz:
E done red for police.....@Op why didn't you put up the video youtube link....... anyway I helped you out already.....oya gimme like for the job well done... grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_RyXRoqmM4
tell me the truth, did they beat my men or they fought with my men. Lol. no lie ooo, because I can see a mopol dragging a soldier there. I no get data to watch.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Nobody: 7:19am On Oct 16, 2020
Yukula:
Thunder will fire dem
May THUNDER and AMADIOHA strike them.
The next na CIVIL SERVANTS SECRETARIATS.....
The Thieves there are enormous.
The COUNTRY stinks.
Enough of all these MADNESS.

Very soon FIRE SERVICE go begin collect money for Road and Buildings too cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by joyandfaith: 7:20am On Oct 16, 2020
Adexxx39:
Does mean that only police corrupt even so called army are also corrupt too. Their own corruption is coded, in Lagos their patrol van are going round on Friday to collect returned from each park such as keke park, shuttle bus park, motorcycle park. Are they not collect bribe too, so they are brothers.

police corruption encourages other security agents copy police. how can monkey be working and baboon dey chop?
security agents are competing how much they make from proceeds of corruption.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Nobody: 7:20am On Oct 16, 2020
IMASTEX:

It's gathered and remitted all through to the Oga ontop. In fact the lion share goes up & peanut is left with them to only smoke, buy cheap drink & bed olosho. The recycle continues that is why they never improve on their looks. SARS is only an upgrade with bigger target, they have to operate in animalistic manner to meet up both Oga & themselves, many also do Yahoo. They should sack the IG, DIG's, AIG's and most commissioners. Then elevate the ones with the less issues, replace majority of the current DPO's. Reduce the use of riffles to only special unit who shouldn't be on patrol but only respond to distress call and return back to base. Then the regular police will only use side arms only when on duty. Abolish regular recruitments but through police academy with a four years course. Improve the salary of the last person to at least #150k. All logistics should be fully provided, any erring officers should face the law. Any highly recommended officers should also be rewarded. All officers on guard duties should be recall, guard duties should be done by private security firms under strictly monitored & supervision by police & other agency. Then the state should have it's police.
This is why I will prefer to join SPU if I join the Nigerian Police Force. I can't join mopol or any other unit that will warrant me to be doing checkpoints and extortion.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Benesis: 7:21am On Oct 16, 2020
omoadeleye:

The last time i was traveling to Taraba from Lagos, we came across lots of checking point, that was in 2019 and it was in the night, so everything might have change now.

North west especially, Kano, katsina, Jigawa, sokoto, those states hv very few checkpoints and unless at night, jus say one hausa word of greeting and you are waved off.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Nobody: 7:21am On Oct 16, 2020
WandaNara:
For the first time I'm so HAPPY being a Nigerian.

God bless the freedom fighters

God bless Eedris Abdulkareem & African China.

Like for Eedris AbdulK, Share for 2face the coward
lol......tuface d coward!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison / A Jeep Drops A Bleeding Lady In Ikeja (Photos) / Maid Locked Up, Fed With Cockroaches & Faeces By Her Madam In Anambra (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.