Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,712 members, 7,851,423 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:00 PM

Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road (67416 Views)

Lagos Police Arrest Thugs & Law Enforcement Officers Extorting Motorists. / Soldiers Beat 12 LASTMA Officers For Arresting Army Chief Over One-Way / Soldiers Beat Driver To Death In Calabar; Passengers Didn’t Wear Face Masks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by omoadeleye(m): 7:22am On Oct 16, 2020
Benesis:

North west especially, Kano, katsina, Jigawa, sokoto, those states hv very few checkpoints and unless at night, jus say one hausa word of greeting and you are waved off.

okay, thanks for informing me
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Sonoyom(m): 7:22am On Oct 16, 2020
Benitoh:
Tell them that's if them go gree hear
The condition of the country is already opening our eyes.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by semyman: 7:23am On Oct 16, 2020
Nigerian police is a disgrace to itself
The top echelon can not pretend not to know of these atrocities.
Good point to start though

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Nobody: 7:23am On Oct 16, 2020
joyandfaith:

level for level , policemen are getting more than health workers. instead of salary, we should be talking of welfare package and allowances. life insurance, death benefits, health insurance, training allowance, duty allowance etc.
if you are a police officer, tell us or summarize it, how much will all these your aforementioned be for a Sergent?
all these allowances, how much will it be?
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by greatbuc(m): 7:24am On Oct 16, 2020
#Fals for president. Say no to old pigs.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by abudabu: 7:24am On Oct 16, 2020
lindareep:
Last last trailer go follow their middle and they will be fighting each other.

At that time nobody go fit shalaley wetin occur.

Biko, I have just 3 BEARD GROWTH OIL in stock, I will deliver to your preferred address anywhere within Lagos. Payment on delivery

Can you DM me and let's discuss?
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by lomprico(m): 7:24am On Oct 16, 2020
and buratai wants to go n kill protesters! shame on him
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by mvem(m): 7:24am On Oct 16, 2020
datola:
Police and other security outfits should be well funded and paid just like medical workers. Their work is equally critical if not more essential. And even for the fact that they carry dangerous weapons.

Imagine an officer who has spent a decade in the Force going home with paltry N50,000 a month.

We would have more moral grounds to deal with this ugly situation if they are well remunerated.

We can get the fund by cutting the salaries and allowances of politicians by 80%.
which officer in which force after ten years takes home just 50k?

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Farki: 7:25am On Oct 16, 2020
Thank you soldier man. grin
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by lindareep: 7:25am On Oct 16, 2020
abudabu:

Can you DM me and let's discuss?
Sure, the link in my signature/profile/bio leads to my WhatsApp
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Nobody: 7:25am On Oct 16, 2020
caleboxylic:

My own is that, the drivers that ply Aba - PH should protest massively against the police check points numbering more than 50

They should not operate for like two days and protest from Aba-pH with their buses.
Just from oyigbo to Eleme Junction, you have not less than 10 police check points where they extort these drivers, thereby, increasing the transportation fare on that route.

I'm ready to support the drivers with 100k worth of food supplies.

Those organizing these protests should reason this. The same applies to Enugu - Onitsha and Abakiliki - Enugu road.
#End police brutality and extortion. It's now or never.
police extortion, is it legal? if yes, why complain to the public, if No, why not complain to the lawmakers?
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Shadysen: 7:27am On Oct 16, 2020
caleboxylic:

My own is that, the drivers that ply Aba - PH should protest massively against the police check points numbering more than 50

They should not operate for like two days and protest from Aba-pH with their buses.
Just from oyigbo to Eleme Junction, you have not less than 10 police check points where they extort these drivers, thereby, increasing the transportation fare on that route.

I'm ready to support the drivers with 100k worth of food supplies.

Those organizing these protests should reason this. The same applies to Enugu - Onitsha and Abakiliki - Enugu road.
#End police brutality and extortion. It's now or never.
please just cut 5k inside that 100k help me am really down with depression.thank you
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by dangermouse(m): 7:27am On Oct 16, 2020
ZeroAccess:
Aft watching the video indeed police no get shame. Wetin dem dey use #20 wey Dem dey collect do. Chai
They have wasted many who refused to drop over same 20 naira. Little drops makes an ocean. Ogas at the top gets theqe kickbacks. Reason why there salaries should be incseased to forestall all these extortions. Any of them caught after that should severly dealt with. Nigeria must be great again!

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by thaoriginator: 7:28am On Oct 16, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

Sorry to say, but you are wrong. Though not all of them, but you see those ones along the stretch of the new tarred road from Ore, those ones that want to spoil the road by putting sticks on the floor to slow down vehicles, those ones dey collect o.

Maybe na shame or wetin sha, but na civilians them dey use collect while they sit under their shade
Baba no be true. Like I said, dem dey collect with style not extortion. If you just tell dem say you no get dem go free you.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Sarmiz24(m): 7:29am On Oct 16, 2020
Winter is Coming, and it Gonna be long... if u know u know
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by kingsvictor2: 7:29am On Oct 16, 2020
datola:
Police and other security outfits should be well funded and paid just like medical workers. Their work is equally critical if not more essential. And even for the fact that they carry dangerous weapons.

Imagine an officer who has spent a decade in the Force going home with paltry N50,000 a month.

We would have more moral grounds to deal with this ugly situation if they are well remunerated.

We can get the fund by cutting the salaries and allowances of politicians by 80%.
many folks in this country survive on less than 20k per month, they are contented with it and work harder to earn more. Don't support bad things, even if u pay them 300k per month, they will still extort hardworking keke and bus drivers. Police that extort poor people deserves death and that will come to them sooner or later. Operation kill every police on d road will be d next
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Metronomy(m): 7:29am On Oct 16, 2020
This army of soldiers need to come to Lagos, dem go work tired....
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by humilitypays(m): 7:29am On Oct 16, 2020
Benesis:
So far the endsars has been great, but in light of the dissolution and plan to reform

I just wish we could change our placards to things like
#EndPoliceCheckpoint or #EndPaymentOfBaill these things are some of the main cause of the rot in the police.

In the north you can go through 3states and not encounter a single police checkpoint, but here, you will stand at one checkpoint and see 5 more within a stone throw.
These are some of the reforms that we could point directly at and demand that they be totally dismantled as well
Police checkpoints are not bad my brother if they can respect themselves and not use the checkpoints to extort and harass road users

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Sunnyja: 7:30am On Oct 16, 2020
datola:

No amount of salaries can satisfy greedy and corrupt lots. Senators earn much yet they are still ready to divert constituency funds into private pockets.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Nobody: 7:30am On Oct 16, 2020
Dagger111:
I am a soldier and my question is, who will beat soldiers extorting money from motorist?
we have decent policemen, if they see your comrades doing so, they can confront them, but beating OR fighting a fellow security agent is nonchalant attitude. commissioned officers don't do these shit. it is idiots recruits, primary school dropout that misbehave in the Force, both police, army, Civil defence, lastma, etc.
can you hear story like this in European and Asian countries ?
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by banhammy: 7:30am On Oct 16, 2020
Thank God.
We are getting there gradually
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by fuckpro: 7:30am On Oct 16, 2020
...for the first time I can say there is hope for this country
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by bobolaga: 7:31am On Oct 16, 2020
Nigeria police can't change, Formal Nigeria president has said it before, i mean president Olusegun Obasanjo says that nor matter you use ten millions of red oil to feed goat it will still shit black shit.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by i124k(m): 7:32am On Oct 16, 2020
Tiyi:
Soldiers teaching policemen their work.. How do kids who have their father to be a police officer look at them... after extorting, maltreating, killing innocent people... Like damn.

how do kids whose fathers does oil bunkery feel tu??
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Nobody: 7:32am On Oct 16, 2020
Benitoh:
Because soldiers beat police and you called it a good stuff, am not surprised because this country truly needs help from above.
my question is, can you hear this kinda story in asian and European countries? NO. it is recruits that do these shit, commissioned officers don't do these shit called fighting your fellow security agent.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Calazoto: 7:32am On Oct 16, 2020
Una go bully each other last last grin

Oya jor let's do free US30 signal
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by vRendoh(m): 7:34am On Oct 16, 2020
We all choose this difficult path all in the name of poor salary or things are hard. We source our relief from the our neighbour by inflicting pains who also do likewise to others. The sum result is a sad and angry society. We don't even realise when we are 'full'. If we all choose to manage according to the little....maybe we could be better people.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by JappOfficial: 7:34am On Oct 16, 2020
Nice. This is a very good news or are they acting it?
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Omezif(m): 7:34am On Oct 16, 2020
My question, is soldier difference in such attitude of collecting bribe ?
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 16, 2020
MANY OF THEM WILL SOON RESIGN

Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by sylve11: 7:35am On Oct 16, 2020
That's some nice wiping! grin cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

A Jeep Drops A Bleeding Lady In Ikeja (Photos) / Maid Locked Up, Fed With Cockroaches & Faeces By Her Madam In Anambra (Graphic) / Lagos Theatre In Oregun Burnt Down By Hoodlums

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.