Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,459 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

It Is Not Permissible To Prostrate To Anyone Other Than Allah - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / It Is Not Permissible To Prostrate To Anyone Other Than Allah (13908 Views)

Is It Permissible To Wear The Mask Instead Of The Niqab? / Is It Permissible To Throw Grains Of Corn After Prayer? / Is It Permissible To Eat Pouched Rat (okeete) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is Not Permissible To Prostrate To Anyone Other Than Allah by Lukgaf(m): 7:06am On Oct 16, 2020
Praise be to Allah.

The Companions of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) used to honour him and venerate him, and venerate his Sunnah. In the early days of Islam, when some of them saw that the People of the Book prostrated to their bishops and patriarchs, they thought that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) was more deserving of that, out of respect for him and veneration of him. But the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) forbade them to prostrate to him.

Ibn Maajah (1853) and al-Bayhaqi (14711) narrated that ‘Abdullah ibn Abi Awfa said: When Mu‘aadh ibn Jabal came from Syria, he prostrated to the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him), who said, “What is this, O Mu‘aadh?” He said, I went to Syria and saw them prostrating to their archbishops and patriarchs, and I wanted to do that for you. The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said, “Do not do that. If I were to command anyone to prostrate to anyone other than Allah, I would have commanded women to prostrate to their husbands. By the One in Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, no woman can fulfil her duty towards Allah until she fulfils her duty towards her husband. If he asks her (for intimacy) even if she is on her camel saddle, she should not refuse.”

This version was narrated by Ibn Maajah, and was classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Ibn Maajah.

Abu Dawood (2140) and al-Haakim (2763) narrated that Qays ibn Sa‘d (may Allah be pleased with him) said: I went to al-Heerah and saw them prostrating to a noble of theirs (i.e., a courageous knight who was prominent among them). I thought: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) is more deserving that people should prostrate to him. So I came to the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) and said: I went to al-Heerah and saw them prostrating to a noble of theirs, but you are the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) and are more deserving that people should prostrate to you. He said: “Do not do that. If I were to instruct anyone to prostrate to anyone, I would have instructed women to prostrate to their husbands, because of the rights that Allah has given them over them.”

Classed as saheeh by al-Haakim, and adh-Dhahabi agreed with him. Also classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.

Ibn Hibbaan (4162) narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) entered one of the gardens of the Ansaar, where he saw two restless camels. The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) draw close to them and they knelt down and lay their necks on the ground. Those who were with him said: They have prostrated to him. The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “It is not appropriate for anyone to prostrate to anyone else. If it were appropriate for anyone to prostrate to anyone else, I would have instructed the wife to prostrate to her husband, because of the great rights that Allah has given him over her.”

Classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Irwa’ al-Ghaleel (7/54)

Thus the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) explained to them that prostration should only be to Allah, and that venerating people and honouring them should not be done by prostrating to them.

Shaykh Ibn Baaz (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

Prostration is for Allah alone, and the law of Muhammad (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) is the most perfect and most complete of laws, according to which it is not permissible to prostrate to anyone or anything other than Allah, either by way of greeting or by way of worship. As for worship, it cannot be devoted to any except Allah alone, according to all laws and teachings, but in the past prostration was used as a greeting and by way of honouring people, as the parents and brothers of Yoosuf did, and as the angels did to Adam. This was by way of greeting and showing respect, not by way of worship. But according to the law of Muhammad (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him), Allah, may He be glorified and exalted, has forbidden that and has made prostration for Allah alone, may He be glorified and exalted; it is not permissible to prostrate to anyone else, either the Prophets or others, to the extent that Muhammad (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) forbade anyone to prostrate to him and stated that prostration is for Allah alone, may He be glorified and exalted.

End quote from Fataawa Noor ‘ala ad-Darb (4/112-113)

And Allah knows best
https://islamqa.info/en/answers/211400/it-is-not-permissible-to-prostrate-to-anyone-other-than-allah-even-if-it-is-only-by-way-of-veneration-and-showing-respect

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Not Permissible To Prostrate To Anyone Other Than Allah by Amspecial: 9:09am On Oct 16, 2020
grin

19 Likes

Re: It Is Not Permissible To Prostrate To Anyone Other Than Allah by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 16, 2020
Na wa oooo grin grin grin
Wetin Religion dey cause ehn

79 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Not Permissible To Prostrate To Anyone Other Than Allah by OgThanos: 9:10am On Oct 16, 2020
Sub'anAllah

2 Likes

Re: It Is Not Permissible To Prostrate To Anyone Other Than Allah by Formularcr7: 9:11am On Oct 16, 2020
Not for a Yoruba Muslim, culture+religion is our identity

128 Likes 7 Shares

Re: It Is Not Permissible To Prostrate To Anyone Other Than Allah by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 16, 2020
Ah! Make I see wetin my brothers from the West go talk for this matter.

9 Likes

Re: It Is Not Permissible To Prostrate To Anyone Other Than Allah by wildikeman(m): 9:12am On Oct 16, 2020
How about to blow yourself and kill infidels... It's permissable right... Allah Akbar

151 Likes 12 Shares

Re: It Is Not Permissible To Prostrate To Anyone Other Than Allah by drizslim(m): 9:12am On Oct 16, 2020
The question here is

Is Allah the Almighty God ?

32 Likes

Re: It Is Not Permissible To Prostrate To Anyone Other Than Allah by ANTIlSLAM(m): 9:12am On Oct 16, 2020
Uhmmmm grin see what Islam has caused

18 Likes

Re: It Is Not Permissible To Prostrate To Anyone Other Than Allah by Hndrrxxx(m): 9:12am On Oct 16, 2020
Yep
It's just an innovation now.
You never see the Holy Prophet Muhammad prostrate or bend over for anyone during his time

In anything innovated, is forbidden and anything that is forbidden leads ultimately to the Hell Fire

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: It Is Not Permissible To Prostrate To Anyone Other Than Allah by Yahman1(m): 9:13am On Oct 16, 2020
cheesy

so what of Yoruba culture wey prostrating na way of greeting

obviously Yoruba culture come before Islam reach them so

who dey right?

79 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Not Permissible To Prostrate To Anyone Other Than Allah by lukman: 9:13am On Oct 16, 2020
I thought it is Sujud. I don't do sujud when I'm greeting anyone na I only bend. Or is that also wrong?
Re: It Is Not Permissible To Prostrate To Anyone Other Than Allah by Wickedtruths: 9:14am On Oct 16, 2020
Arabs don't prostrate to their elders but Yorubas do. In the far north, the greeting for elders is squatting.
Religion is based on culture.
An Arab man is not in a position to tell me how to greet my elders.

172 Likes 21 Shares

Re: It Is Not Permissible To Prostrate To Anyone Other Than Allah by twilliamx(m): 9:18am On Oct 16, 2020
Please the yoruba culture has separated itself from all cultures by being tolerant. There is no family without Muslim and Christian mix and they all get along. You can not disrespect anyone just because he is of a religion that you don't belong to. An elder is an elder. So please don't bring your extremism to our culture..keep it in the north.

80 Likes 6 Shares

Re: It Is Not Permissible To Prostrate To Anyone Other Than Allah by Yustash001(m): 9:19am On Oct 16, 2020
Formularcr7:
Not for a Yoruba Muslim, culture+religion is our identity
What's the different between Yoruba muslims and Muslims from other tribes...

5 Likes

Re: It Is Not Permissible To Prostrate To Anyone Other Than Allah by Sheriman(m): 9:20am On Oct 16, 2020
Culture is different from Religion don't mixed them together.. Even the Arabs had their own culture of greetings before Islam came. Yoruba culture is to prostate whenever you want to greet your elders or parent. So there is absolutely nothing wrong in prostrating to your parents..

16 Likes

Re: It Is Not Permissible To Prostrate To Anyone Other Than Allah by femi4: 9:20am On Oct 16, 2020
mulante:
Ah! Make I see wetin my brothers from the West go talk for this matter.
We are first of all Yorubas before religion

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Not Permissible To Prostrate To Anyone Other Than Allah by femi4: 9:21am On Oct 16, 2020
Yustash001:
What's the different between Yoruba muslims and Muslims from other tribes...
Yoruba Muslims put their culture first before religion while northern Muslims adopt their religious belief as their culture.... Confused mofos

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: It Is Not Permissible To Prostrate To Anyone Other Than Allah by newguy1(m): 9:22am On Oct 16, 2020
Please there have to be a boundary between been a Muslim and ur ethic asin your culture. As a Yoruba Man U can tell me I can’t prostrate to greet my elders y...if I prostrate to greet them doesn’t make it that am worshipping them or u want me to visit my old folks n extend my hands to great them or prefer to hug them pls... we all know what shrik means. And y do so of u make Islam so hard this is one of the reason we are losing some Muslim kids to other religion, Muslim is not hard this is the 21st Century abeg

4 Likes

Re: It Is Not Permissible To Prostrate To Anyone Other Than Allah by Lanspower(m): 9:24am On Oct 16, 2020
As a Muslim, I think prostration for greetings should be permissible. While Allah is the only one worthy of worship prostration for worship unarguably His alone, I don't think He has said anywhere in the Qur'an nor any narration from Hadith that He is the only one to be greeted. So if my intention of prostration is for greetings He knows and if it's worship He knows. I will always prostrate to greet any deserved persons and encourage my offsprings to do so. It looks a bit extreme to prohibit prostrating when the intent is for greetings.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Not Permissible To Prostrate To Anyone Other Than Allah by marvin906(m): 9:28am On Oct 16, 2020
it is wrong for you to prostrate to your elders
when you're culture dictates it because Allah doesn't like it..
but un.der age ma.rriage is permissable..
shouting Allah Akbar then boooooom
cause of 7 vir.gins is permissable..
nonsense and ingredients

there's a line between religion and culture

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: It Is Not Permissible To Prostrate To Anyone Other Than Allah by AllOfUsAtManna(f): 9:30am On Oct 16, 2020
grin

Hehehehehe for yeroba Muslims grin

no wonder the north no dey take dem Islam serious grin

5 Likes

Re: It Is Not Permissible To Prostrate To Anyone Other Than Allah by oluwaSavage: 9:30am On Oct 16, 2020
hahahahahahaha

I said it, whenever you think you've seen it all, boom! Islamic people will just come from nowhere and tell you something absurd again. ahn ahn.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Is Not Permissible To Prostrate To Anyone Other Than Allah by Xisnin(m): 9:31am On Oct 16, 2020
Who cares?
Cultural imperialism would never take root here.
Re: It Is Not Permissible To Prostrate To Anyone Other Than Allah by selemempe: 9:33am On Oct 16, 2020
That's is why yoruba Móslems are not considered real Móslems undecided

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Not Permissible To Prostrate To Anyone Other Than Allah by King44(m): 9:34am On Oct 16, 2020
Some of the things we go through cos of religion.
Re: It Is Not Permissible To Prostrate To Anyone Other Than Allah by selemempe: 9:35am On Oct 16, 2020
newguy1:
Please there have to be a boundary between been a Muslim and ur ethic asin your culture. As a Yoruba Man U can tell me I can’t prostrate to greet my elders y...if I prostrate to greet them doesn’t make it that am worshipping them or u want me to visit my old folks n extend my hands to great them or prefer to hug them pls... we all know what shrik means. And y do so of u make Islam so hard this is one of the reason we are losing some Muslim kids to other religion, Muslim is not hard this is the 21st Century abeg
A Yoro Móslem is in a catch 2.2 situation. Not loved by the north who he adores and not loved by the south who are his kin and Kith

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Not Permissible To Prostrate To Anyone Other Than Allah by frankyychiji(f): 9:39am On Oct 16, 2020
twilliamx:
Please the yoruba culture has separated itself from all cultures by being tolerant. There is no family without Muslim and Christian mix and the all get along. You can not disrespect anyone just because he is of a religion that you don't belong to. An elder is an elder. So please don't bring your extremism to our culture..keep it in the north.
This attitude is why you Yoruba mooslims are not allowed to site the moon. I advocate for the establishment of Sharia courts in all yoruba land, to whip cold and lukewarm mooslims into line.

3 Likes

Re: It Is Not Permissible To Prostrate To Anyone Other Than Allah by frankyychiji(f): 9:40am On Oct 16, 2020
selemempe:
A Yoro Móslem is in a catch 2.2 situation. Not loved by the north who he adores and not loved by the south who are his kin and Kith
They need more Islamic schools in n the west for sure. And sharia courts too.

1 Like

Re: It Is Not Permissible To Prostrate To Anyone Other Than Allah by newguy1(m): 9:40am On Oct 16, 2020
selemempe:
that is the problem we don’t need to be accepted by them. We are over 50million not counting our lineage in Brazil, Cuba n more, we got our self. Saudi never see American Muslim as real practicing Muslim n they don’t care so y should we care about the north that always wish they are Arab.

7 Likes

Re: It Is Not Permissible To Prostrate To Anyone Other Than Allah by sofiscatedmoron: 9:44am On Oct 16, 2020
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Islam In Pictures / A Shari'ah Court Established In Ogun State / “freedom” Of Women Or “freedom” To Men To Enjoy Them?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.