Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,188 members, 7,818,614 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Almost Pretty +18 - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Almost Pretty +18 (4624 Views)

Pretty Jenny. Spoken Word Poetry / Lies From Pretty Lips / Lies From Pretty Lips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Almost Pretty +18 by hayatulimisticor(m): 11:25pm On Oct 22, 2020
Need to rewrite??
Want a low rate?
Want zero% plagiarism?
Want 100% grammarly check?

Hit me up!! Let's talk business!!
WhatsApp -07012608663
Re: Almost Pretty +18 by AryEmber(f): 10:16am On Oct 23, 2020
I love me a rich powerful boy/poor helpless girl romance story anytime anyday but this? Can love just happen like that?! Op please, slow down the pace of this story to make it more realistic, thanks.
Re: Almost Pretty +18 by KelvinCoaster(m): 5:33pm On Oct 23, 2020
AryEmber:
I love me a rich powerful boy/poor helpless girl romance story anytime anyday but this? Can love just happen like that?! Op please, slow down the pace of this story to make it more realistic, thanks.
I think is 'lust'.

Xandercage101 should modify such sentences to reflect lust rather than love!

Love doesn't happen immediately,only lust does!
Re: Almost Pretty +18 by Xandercage101: 11:40pm On Oct 23, 2020
part 18

She knew her had a temper but he didn’t look like a perverted person, why hadn’t he made advances towards her? He apologized for yelling at her once and he bought her doughnuts.
‘Freaking doughnuts’! She rolled her eyes and was about closing the magazine when her eyes fell on the name: Samantha.
‘I need to speak to Wale’ she dropped the magazine in her bag and rushed to the coffee shop where they usually met.
What if she was wrong? What if she was quick to assume Ivan Roseau was a nice person. She reminded herself that she had not spent a lot of time with him and so she couldn’t be in the position to vouch for him.
‘Hey there, what took you so long’? She was lucky to meet him right on time. Wale was feasting on some doughnuts while in his cubicle.
‘Brunette, how are you, I heard you asked of me’ he dropped the snack and stared at her.
‘Sure. Can we talk now? I really need to talk to you’ Jane said.
‘Miss me much’? He strode out of the cubicle and together they both left for the coffee shop where they usually met for lunch.
‘You look worried, everything all right’? He arched a brow and dragged her a chair.
‘And you look like you have gotten over your heartbreak’ she stared at him.
She was starting to wonder if his partner was right, why would Wale lie to her that he had a girlfriend when in truth, he didn’t.
‘Oh, I am strong’ he stuttered and looked away from her.
‘Tell me more’ she forced a smile and scanned his face, Wale always made eye contact, why was he avoiding her now?
‘Can we talk about someone else other than me’? He winked.
‘Sure. Something terrible happened back at the office’ she drew and deep breath and begun.
‘Terrible? What happened? Did Ivan do something to you, you can trust me, go on tell me everything’ he seemed very eager to her.
She wondered why Wale was so obsessed with Ivan; why did he feel that all her problems encountered at work were tied to Ivan Roseau?
‘Um, yes, why would you guess that’? She wondered.
‘Well, he is a devil and I know him’ he replied.
‘Oh’ she licked her lips, feeling more nervous and suspicious of Wale. Her desire to tell him about the “near kiss” experience with Ivan faded, she decided to keep that event to herself.
‘I am waiting for the news’ he asked.
‘Oh, I heard people saying some really bad things about our boss’ she said.
‘Bad things like’? Wale asked. He felt his phone buzz and quickly took it from the pocket of his denim, dropping it on the table.
‘He harassed someone, could this be true? I know he is many things but that tag doesn’t sit well. Why would Ivan Roseau, one of the youngest billionaires harass someone’? She scoffed.
‘Why wouldn’t he? He is such a d–k’ Wale replied.
His eyes were icy and in his voice was hate.
‘Such a big word’ she rolled her eyes.

‘I read in a magazine that his former personal assistant that goes by the name Samantha attested to this fact; I just don’t believe it’ Jane continued.
And truly she didn’t, Ivan was a successful and wealthy man; he had the good looks to attract an ocean of women, why then would he harass one?
‘Because he is a pervert’ Ivan replied and rose to his feet.
‘Where are you off to’? She asked.
‘I want to use the bathroom’ he replied, he wanted to set up a meeting with Samantha to discuss their plans further.
‘Alright then, will be waiting’ she replied and called one of the waiters to bring her a cup of latte.
She quickly fetched the magazine from her purse and scanned it.
‘Here is your coffee ma’m’ the waiter said.
‘Thanks’ Jane replied politely and with a smile.
‘Your phone has been blinking, it’s probably important’ the waiter called her attention to Wale’s phone that blinked incessantly.
‘Oh, thanks so much’ Jane quickly grabbed the phone.
Her eyes followed the direction of the bathroom and she decided to run through his call log. She could swear she heard him call “Samantha” back at her house.
There were so many irregularities in Wale’s break up story. People didn’t just wake up and get healed of their broken hearts; it could take weeks or months for people to completely heal.
And there was what Pod said, about Wale not having a girlfriend, it was not making sense.
She drew a deep breath and flipped open his phone; her hands were shaky, she had never done something like this before.
She closed it back and dropped it on the table.
‘I can’t do this’ she folded the magazine back into her purse and rose to her feet. She needed to return back to the office.
But then the phone began to vibrate against the table, leaving her with no other choice but to take it.
She took the phone a second time and flipped it open, only to find a strange text message from the name “Samantha”.
“Hey there, you didn’t reply my first text. I just met with Ryan Roseau; apparently, this case would be a big win. I still need you to cover my back. Love you. Sam.”
Tears rose up in her eyes as she read the text as she realized that Wale had been lying to her.
‘Brunette’? Wale’s voice intruded her moment of discovery.
‘Who is Sam and why do you have to cover her up’? She dropped the phone on the table and stared at him.
‘I…she is just a friend’ Wale shrugged.
‘A friend? Why did she meet with Ivan’s brother? What’s going on Wale’?
‘Is there something you should tell me, about this’? She raised the magazine upwards.
Wale was startled as he saw the caption on the magazine. He had been thrown off balance.
‘I can explain…’ he started towards her.
‘You never really had a girlfriend, did you? The way is I see it, you and this Samantha girl want to connive to set Ivan up’ she spelt it out. She was not a fool.
‘You don’t have to put it like that, Ivan is not who you think you are. Don’t let your love for him fool you’ Wale came to his defense.
‘Really? Tell me why you think Ivan is such a bad person’ she folded her arms across her chest.
She really felt hurt that someone she trusted with her entirety had lied to her; he had seemed so honest and so sincere and now, she didn’t know what to believe anymore.
‘Ivan had slept with four personal assistants before you and he always fired them whenever he grew weary’ Wale explained.
More tears ran down her cheeks on hearing this.
‘And you’re just telling me this now’? She raised her brows.
‘I just wanted to protect you’ Wale moved closer to her.
‘By keeping that away from me? By trying to pull him down? You have said it all, if Ivan slept with Sam, it meant it was consensual and not harassment. Why would you take sides with her to hurt your boss’?
Re: Almost Pretty +18 by Xandercage101: 11:42pm On Oct 23, 2020
part 19

By keeping that away from me? By trying to pull him down? You have said it all, if Ivan slept with Sam, it meant it was consensual and not harassment. Why would you take sides with her to hurt your boss’?
‘It’s bigger than that’ he said. He couldn’t tell Jane that he had feelings for Sam and it had hurt him real bad to watch her with Ivan. This was his chance to have her back and he wasn’t going to lose it.
‘Well, if you go ahead with that plan of yours, we’ll cease to be friends’ she fetched her bag and walked out of the coffee shop.
He felt terrible that she had walked in on his plans to destroy Ivan’s image but he couldn’t go back now; he was already knee-deep; he was this close to winning Samantha’s heart. And at that point, nothing else really mattered to him, not even Jane’s friendship.
‘I am sorry brunette’ he murmured.
After his meeting with Samantha, he decided to give his sister feedback.
He felt terrible for doing this but he had no choice, either this or Ivan discovered what he did in the past which was way worse.
He ran up the stairs that led to Kira’s office. Coincidentally, he found her stepping out of her office.
‘There you are, how did the plan go’? She paused by her door and stared at him.
‘Perfect, Sam is moving forward with the case’ Ryan replied.
‘Fair enough, let’s talk inside, the walls have ears’ she scanned the ceiling, knowing very well there were cameras everywhere.
Ryan gave her a brief of what he had discussed with Sam and what she had also told him in return.
‘Where is the recording? You were supposed to make a recording which would give us power over her in future’? Kira asked.
‘I couldn’t record our conversation. She would have known and wouldn’t have opened up the way she did’ Ryan felt frustrated. It was bad enough he was betraying brother, why would Kira make this more difficult for him?
‘Really’? She scoffed and rolled her eyes.
‘Someone is going to testify against Ivan. Someone who works in this company’Ryan said to her.
A lazy smile danced on Kira’s thin lips as she realized how perfect Samantha’s ploy was.
‘She is smarter than I thought. Who is her mule’? Kira inquired.
‘She wouldn’t tell me, but she did tell me she would file in the case in two days time’ Ryan replied.
‘That’s smart, once father realizes how irresponsible his first son is, he would be left with no other option but to will everything back to us.
The words had not escaped her lips fully when the door flew wide open and Ivan stepped into the office.
‘Ivan! What are you doing here’? Kira jumped to her feet, she as unnerved by this unexpected intrusion.
‘What a question’ Ivan chuckled.
He noticed how guilty Ryan looked and how bland Kira’s face was. Something was up, his siblings didn’t seem too happy to see him in the office.
‘What’s up with you’? Ivan asked.
‘Nothing’ they chorused.
‘Nothing’? He focused on their faces.
Ryan looked like he was about to disappear; his face was pale and completely drained of blood.
Kira was restless; she looked angry about something.
‘I realized we have not talked after the fight we had’ Ivan drew a seat.

‘That’s really not necessary, you can date whoever you want. You’re an adult’ Kira replied.
‘That was so easy’ he watched her carefully, she had been so uncomfortable with his feelings for Jane and now was giving up completely? Another clue, that was out of character. Kira was not the type to give on things so easily.
In fact, once her mind was made up, it took someone of a much bigger willpower like himself to dissuade her from taking action.
‘I’ll have to excuse you both’ Ryan grinned and rushed out of the office. He couldn’t stare his brother in the eyes, his conscience wouldn’t let him.
‘Ryan…’ Ivan called after him.
‘Are you okay’? Ivan asked.
‘Yes, bro’ Ryan nodded and rushed out of the room.
‘That’s really sneaky if you ask me’ Ivan scoffed and turned to his sister.
‘Sneaky? How’?
‘Like he is hiding something, well, I came to tell you that I went to Samantha’s house the night before and she was so difficult especially when I told her I have feelings for another woman’ Ivan said to his sister.
‘Are you saying her choice to taint your name is solely based on revenge and not the desire to add more zeros to her account’? Kira raised a brow.
‘Something like that, I don’t know what to do Kira. I am honestly scared; if this news should get to dad. It wouldn’t only ruin his trip, he would be so disappointed in me and I don’t want that’ he reached out and grabbed his sister’s hand.
‘I know Ivan. I understand’ Kira nodded her head.
‘That’s why we need to work together. I am sorry I yelled at you, let’s work together and defeat Samantha. You are a very smart person and I know you will work up a plan. Please, Kira, I need your help’ he begged.
‘That wouldn’t be a problem, we would fight her together’ Kira agreed.
‘Thanks, I have to go now’ he pressed a kiss on her head and strolled out of her office.
She scoffed as she watched Ivan leave, who did he think he was anyway? He felt by walking into her office, he could just give a command, one she would obey without questioning.
‘Your time’s coming to Ivan. You’re gonna crash and you’ll have no idea what hit you’.
She felt worse after what Wale had told her concerning Ivan; she brushed her wet face with a hankie and rushed towards the company.
She felt like a fool after the revelation; Ivan had slept with all his past personal assistants and fired them after. He was really a devil.
‘You will never get to me’ she whispered as she climbed into the elevator leading to his office.
What if buying her the doughnuts were a signal that he was romantically interested in her?
But she loved him, yes she loved him and that felt more stupid.
Even after Wale had painted him so black before her, she still liked him and it hurt her more.
What if she was the next in line? What if Ivan planned to use her next and she was falling so easily for his plan like fish to bait?
There was only one way to end this; she didn’t want to end up like Samantha and the rest of the girls who had worked for Ivan. There was only one way to end this.
She knocked on the door of his office twice and only pushed against the door when she heard his voice ‘Come in’.
‘I need you to get these files to the legal department and make me a cup of coffee or get one from that coffee shop’ he dished out orders without looking up.
She stared at his handsome faced; well carved like that of an angel; his eyes were ever glowing and seductive and she knew deep down that she couldn’t resist his charms.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Almost Pretty +18 by Ann2012(f): 6:48am On Oct 24, 2020
Thanks for the update
Re: Almost Pretty +18 by KelvinCoaster(m): 10:19am On Oct 24, 2020
There are too many misplaced statements in this story!
Xandercage101 proofread before posting!
Re: Almost Pretty +18 by Xandercage101: 10:09pm On Oct 26, 2020
part 20

She stared at his handsome faced; well carved like that of an angel; his eyes were ever glowing and seductive and she knew deep down that she couldn’t resist his charms.
‘You there’? Ivan asked without looking up.
She opened her mouth to speak, but no words came out.
‘Heard me’? He pushed the files away and stared into her beautiful face. His heart leapt as their eyes met and he felt that spark another time.
It was going to be hard to resist her. It was going to be hard to fight all he felt for her.
‘I quit’ her lips trembled as the words came out.
‘Excuse me’? His mouth fell open. He stared at her with a shocked expression that was written all over his face.
She didn’t need to explain herself. Working with Ivan had gotten her enough salary to last her for some months, before she needed to look for another job.
‘Okay, cool’ he replied and continued working on his files, feeling very hurt that she would leave him.
Why was she leaving? He took a deep breath and stared after her. He wouldn’t stop her; she had her reasons for doing so.
He couldn’t stand up and stop her from passing through the door. He wouldn’t beg her to stay, no, he was Ivan Roseau and he wouldn’t beg anyone.
Her ego felt pricked; she felt stupid for quitting her job; why didn’t he stop her? Why didn’t he ask for the reason she left her job? Why didn’t he stop her from walking out from the door?
Slowly twilight covered the earth and the sun took her leave; evening had come upon the Roseau mansion. The gentle evening breeze ruffled the leaves of the tall palms and the golden of the sun reflected on the pool of water that lay before him.
Ivan was deep in thought; he was confused too.
She had quit her job, just like that, for no reason and he had failed to ask her why, he had failed to stop her.
He realized he was scared of Jane Atkins; he feared her like no other person, not even his own father. He was scared of the power that she had over him, he was scared of the way she filled his thoughts and yet he didn’t have the power to conquer her.

He poured himself a glass of lemonade to calm his clashing thoughts; he stared at his phone in one hand, wondering what he would do.
It would have been an amazing thing to call her and pour out his whole heart, or driven up her house and dropped her some flowers but she had someone else.
She was in love with Wale and there was nothing she/ he could do about it.
Maybe posterity was judging him for treating all the women in his past wrongly; it was time for him to feel the rejection he deliberately met out to others.
‘Hello there, dad wants to speak to you’ Kira’s voice startled him.
‘Thanks’ he grabbed the phone from her but not without noticing a mischievous glint in her eyes. What was going on?
‘Hello, dad’? Ivan kept his eyes on the pool.
‘Ivan, I am disappointed in you’ Turquoise replied.
‘I don’t get you, is this the first thing you say to your son after weeks of not seeing him’? Ivan snapped irritably.
‘If that son is bent on tearing down everything I have built’ his father replied.
‘You know what dad? I am done with this conversation’ he pulled the phone away from his ear.
‘Don’t you cut that phone off me boy, I give you a week to clear your name in the papers else I am handing the company over to someone more capable’ his father threatened.
‘What are you talking about’? Ivan’s eyes crept to Kira’s, she quickly turned away.
‘You d–n well know. Now get it fixed’Turquoise brought the call to an end.
Ivan bit his lip angrily as he stared at his sister; Samantha’s interview had been with a local paper and there was no way their father would’ve gotten wind of it if he wasn’t told by one of his siblings.
‘How could you betray me like that’? Ivan rose to his feet and approached her.
‘I didn’t, you should be speaking to Ryan’ Kira grabbed her phone and walked away.
He felt a jab of pain in his chest as he watched her go, why would his brother betray him? What was in it for him?
‘Ryan! Come out here, you little d–k’! Ivan yelled angrily and made for his room but the loud ringing of his phone paused his steps.
‘What the F–k now’? He cursed and took the call.
‘Call back later, whoever you are, not is a good time’ he spoke into the phone.
‘It’s Samantha’ the cool female voice replied.
‘What do you want now? You’ve wrecked my life, that should be enough for you’ he ran his fingers through his hair. He was exasperated by Sam, by his dad, and by his siblings. It seemed the whole world was against him, but he was always at peace whenever Jane’s smiling face flashed in his mind.
‘To talk. I have something very important that I want to share. In fact, I am willing to consider the court matter’ she replied.
‘And why would you do that’? He chuckled, girls like Samantha always wanted something.
‘Just meet me at Rosydew Lounge later this evening’ she said.
‘Alright, I’ll be there’ he turned off his phone and left to find his brother.
Ryan had heard the loud screams of Ivan, he quickly rushed down the stairs to meet his brother.
‘Chill man, what’s with the shouting’? Ryan asked.
‘You son of a…’ Ivan launched a punch that landed on his brother’s jaw.
‘Ouch, that hurts, what did I do’? Ryan’s heart raced, had his brother discovered the secret? But Kira promised not to tell him, if he worked with her.
‘You betrayed me, I trusted you with everything. I love you more than I have ever loved anyone not even father or Kira but you betrayed me. Why’? Ivan clenched his fist.
‘I am sorry Ivan, it was a mistake’ Ryan wiped a trace of blood that flowed from his lower lip.
‘A mistake? But you did it, what were you thinking’? Ivan sighed.
‘I am so sorry Ivan, that night was a mistake. I still hate myself for it, I was terribly drunk’ Ryan decided to confess since Kira had ratted him out for whatever reason, he may as well tell his brother the truth.
‘What night’? Ivan narrowed his eyes, Ryan was definitely talking about something else.
‘The night I slept with Heather, your girlfriend back in college. I regret it and it never happened again. I swear Ivan, I would never betray you…Kira…’ Ryan paused as shock registered on Ivan’s face.
‘You slept with Heather’? Ivan drew a deep breath.
‘You know what? I don’t have time for you now, I’ll handle you later’ Ivan took his keys from his pocket and rushed towards his car.
‘Shit’ Ryan fell on his knees, his brother would hate him forever.
Minutes after Ivan had driven out of the mansion, Kira rushed out to meet Ryan whose face was swollen from the hit Ivan served him.
‘I heard a lot of screaming and shouting and what the hell happened to your face’? She looked terrified.
Re: Almost Pretty +18 by Xandercage101: 10:11pm On Oct 26, 2020
part 21

‘I heard a lot of screaming and shouting and what the hell happened to your face’? She looked terrified.
Almost Pretty– Episode Twenty One
‘You. You happened. I thought we made ourselves clear, I agreed to work with you so you wouldn’t tell Ivan about Heather. But you failed me, now he is mad at me and would never forgive me’ Ryan felt hurt.
‘What? I never did tell him about Heather’? Kira was surprised.
‘But I lied you were the one that told father about Sam…’Kira stuttered as she realized her plan had backfired.
‘You did what? I hate you, Kira, you’re the worst person in the world and big b—h’ Ryan moved closer to her and spat on her face.
‘And if Ivan doesn’t forgive me, just so you know, you ruined our family’ those were Ryan’s last words before leaving and it hit her hard.
She knew how angry Ivan would be when he returned when he found out her plot to take him down and no one could stand Ivan whenever he was angry. Only one thing came to her mind, she needed to run. She needed safety from the coming storm.
She had eaten a light dinner of cornflakes and milk, she was not hungry; her appetite was washed in the drains and nothing could revive it.
She lay flat on her backflipping through the pages of the magazine she had found in the bathroom.
She always knew that guys like Ivan Roseau came with their own package of trouble, but hearing it from Wale that he had slept with all his personal assistants got her terrified.
With Ivan around, she realized her walls of self-protection and control were down; he left her completely defenseless and she would’ve topped that list if she had not quit, so it was a good thing after all.
She had wanted to ignore her buzzing phone at first, but she decided to tell him off as she knew who was calling.
‘Can you stop calling me Wale? You betrayed my trust, just stay the hell away from me’ she said.
‘You don’t understand Jane, let me explain everything that happened’ Wale begged.
‘Go on. I am listening’ she decided to give him a chance believing that he had good reasons for trying to set up his boss.
‘I was in love with Samantha the first day I saw her, I tried to make her like me, notice me but that never happened, she ended up with Ivan instead and that really hurt me’ Wale replied.
‘Really? So this is more about revenge’?
‘Please, you don’t need to end our friendship, we both know that Ivan is a jackass, sooner or later he would want you in his bed’ Wale said.
‘Well, that’s not going to happen as I quit my job. Satisfied now’?
‘You quit? No, you shouldn’t have done that, with this plan I and Samantha have, you will be working under Kira or Ryan or whoever the new boss would be’.

‘I can’t believe you would do something like that. I know Ivan is not the best person but he isn’t also the worst’ she couldn’t believe her own ears that she was vouching for him and it really was strange.
There was a feeling she had about Ivan, he was much nicer than people thought.
‘You’re letting him get to your head Brunette. This plan would work’ Wale was confident.
‘And if it doesn’t’? She asked.
‘It will’ he replied.
She shook her head and silently wept, she couldn’t be friends with a pathological liar and someone that would bear false witness against another.
‘You know what Wale, it’s time for you to choose, my friendship with you or your plans with Samantha’.
There was silence. Thick foggy silence and suspense.
After minutes of considering everything that was in it for him, he said this: ‘I am sorry Brunette, Samantha is really important to me’.
‘Good for you then, have a nice life’ she threw the phone on her bed and cried.
She couldn’t believe he would choose Samantha over his friendship with her.
Wale had been a good friend; he had changed her wardrobe and made her look more attractive but that was in the past now.
She needed to get over him, get over Ivan. She was alone now and she needed to survive.
After crying, she felt slightly better, so she decided to rest her head.
However, a loud knock interrupted her sleep. She knew it was Wale and she wouldn’t see him, she had buried their friendship forever.
‘Go away Wale, I don’t want you anymore’ she yelled atop her voice.
‘Please open up the door Jane, it’s me Kira’.
That did it, sleep fled off, wasn’t that Ivan’s sister? What would she be doing in her house?
She rose to her feet and trotted towards the front door.
‘Kira? What are you doing here’? Jane was surprised.
‘I need your help Jane. I need you to talk to Ivan’ she swallowed.
‘About what’? Jane thought this had a connection to her resignation. Did he send his sister to beg her? Her heart fluttered at this thought.
‘I did something really bad and I think Ivan would never forgive me. Please, you must speak to him on my behalf’ Kira asked.
‘What makes you think your brother would listen to me’? Jane was flattered at her line of thought.
Kira wondered how naïve Jane could be, was she that blind to the fact that her brother was head over heels in love with her?
‘Because he is in love with you’ Kira replied.
‘I am sorry for keeping you waiting’ Samantha apologized as she joined Ivan in the lounge.
‘Care for a drink’? He asked he had taken enough to drown his pain.
‘You look pretty drunk, are you sure we can talk’? Samantha stared down at him.
‘I am fine, perfect’ he lifted a glass of water.
‘Alright, so let me get straight to the point’ Samantha exhaled and settled in the chair.
‘Yea, go ahead’.
‘You have a lot of enemies Ivan’ she fiddled her fingers, not knowing how to begin.
‘Starting with you’ he interjected.
‘I know but you hurt me first, you humiliated me and I had no choice but you react’.
‘But I apologized, I am a changed person Sam, I swear’ he raised his hands in the air.
‘Only of recent’, she rolled her eyes.
‘Alright, go straight to the point’ he shrugged.
‘Your brother, Ryan came to me days back, he wanted me to file a suit against you; he told me Kira was in support of this’ she explained.
‘Why would they betray me’? Ivan felt terribly hurt.
‘Your father willed 90% of all his properties to you’ Sam said.
‘I can’t believe this, I see why that little bastard told our father about the newspaper. He wanted me to look bad so our dad would resent me and take my name off the will. I am going to deal with him’ Ivan rose to his feet.
‘Sit. We’re not done’ Sam ordered, he obeyed.
‘There is another person you must be wary of, he agreed to testify against you in court, I think you should fire him’ she continued.
This was all a game for her, and she didn’t give a hoot about who was hurt and who wasn’t.

2 Likes

Re: Almost Pretty +18 by aprilwise(m): 4:34am On Oct 27, 2020
It's getting interesting. Thanks for the update
Re: Almost Pretty +18 by Xandercage101: 2:24pm On Oct 27, 2020
part 22

This was all a game for her, and she didn’t give a hoot about who was hurt and who wasn’t.
‘Who’?
‘Wale’ Samantha provided.
‘I could provide evidence, call logs, text messages, voice recordings’ she unzipped her bag.
‘No. That wouldn’t be necessary, what do you want in return’? Ivan was determined to punish all his enemies.
‘Five million dollars’ she fetched a tiny list.
‘Done’ he replied.
‘A yacht’ she added.
‘Done’.
‘And a very expensive house and a ride’ she winked.
‘Done, I’ll send you a fat check tomorrow’ he bent low and placed a kiss on her forehead.
‘Thanks, darling, I’ll be waiting’ she smiled and waved at him.
A mischievous smile carved his face as he turned off his phone’s voice recorder.
Samantha thought she was wise, but he was wiser.
His anger slowly returned, he would never forgive Ryan and Kira for betraying him; he would make their lives a living misery and as for that punk, he would not only sack him, he would turn him over to the authorities as he did not deserve a beautiful soul like Jane.
Ryan watched as his brother stepped out of the lounge, this was the right time to meet him.
‘Ivan’! Ryan came out of his hiding place and raced towards his brother.
‘You? Are you stalking me now’? Ivan shut the car door and strolled towards him.
‘No. Remember our GPRS is connected, so I can easily track you’ Ryan licked his lips nervously not knowing how to begin.
‘I am so sorry Ivan, please forgive me’ Ryan fell on his knees.
‘It’s already done. What is broken cannot be fixed’ Ivan sighed.
‘I am sorry; I didn’t mean to betray you. I know there’s no excuse for that, but I really am’.
‘I am not hurt about the Heather part, everyone knew she was a s–t back then but this? Are you going up to meet Samantha? I know about the will, she told me everything and to think it’s you that went to meet her, it really hurts’ Ivan expressed his feelings.
‘I was being blackmailed, you know I could never betray you, Ivan, I swear’ a tear slipped from his eyes.
‘I know nothing’ Ivan looked away, he didn’t want to change his mind about not forgiving his brother.
‘Kira blackmailed me. She started it all, she told me about the will and was mad dad gave you almost everything and she asked me to work with her. I swear Ivan, I was never moved by the content of the will. You’re my brother and you are more precious than wealth’ Ryan begged.
‘So why did you do it? Why did you let her get to you’? Ivan almost believed him, he knew Kira was the ambitious one.
‘She threatened to tell you about Heather and I didn’t want you to see me in bad light’.
‘Which light is worse? Heather or Sam? Because if you ask me, Sam is worse’ Ivan replied.
‘I was helpless and terrified of you, your wrath. Please, forgive me’ more tears trickled down his face.
‘But you should have come to me. You should’ve told me the truth instead of letting Kira work on you’ Ivan replied.
‘I am sorry, I was scared of losing your trust’ Ryan replied.

Ivan understood where Ryan was coming from; he wasn’t exactly the best big brother in the world; he was foul tempered and controlling and knew why his brother hesitated.
But he was willing to forgive Ryan; he was willing to trust him again but for Kira? That would be almost impossible.
‘Get up’ Ivan commanded.
‘I have what it takes to nail Samantha forever’ he announced excitedly.
‘Really’? Ryan beamed.
‘Yes and I forgive you too bro’ Ivan spread out his arms.
‘Thanks, man’ Ryan gave his brother a bear hug.
The moon smiled on them as they had reconciled and become brothers again
‘Why would you say that your brother likes me’? Jane asked.
‘Because he does. He actually planned to ask you out in grand style’ Kira smiled.
‘Really’? Jane thought about the doughnuts.
‘Please, I need you to follow me back to the mansion, you need to beg him’ Kira changed the topic.
‘Why? What did you do’? Jane wondered.
‘I betrayed him and it is quite unforgivable’ Kira replied and then took fifteen minutes and explained how she had found their father’s will and felt bad about it.
‘That is cruel’ Jane felt really bad for Ivan, he must have been hurting so terribly, she suddenly yearned to comfort him.
‘I know. I am sorry’ Kira replied.
‘No you are not Kira, you’re only sorry because you got caught’ Jane differed.
‘I am still sorry, please, help me’ Kira pressed on.
Jane saw that there would be no way she would get rid of this clingy visitor, so she had no other choice but to agree.
‘Yes, I will’.
‘But not tonight’ she quickly added.
‘Tomorrow’? Kira was eager to make peace with Ivan.
‘When I am ready to face him’ Jane replied and placed a hand on her chest.
The boys returned home jesting and laughing just like old times.
‘I can’t wait to see the look on Samantha’s face when she realizes that I have played her’ Ivan laughed as they both jumped down from the car.
‘Me too, she thinks she is really smart, show her bro’ Ryan elbowed him.
As they both stepped into the house, they realized Kira wasn’t home. Knowing his sister really well, she must have packed her things and traveled down south as she would be too scared to face Ivan.
‘I know you’re thinking about Kira, but let’s not talk about her for now, let’s focus on us’ Ivan said as he moved towards the cellar to fetch them both a drink.
‘Yes. Let’s focus on us’ Ryan replied.
‘So what’s up with Jane? Ask her out yet’?
‘No. She quit’ Ivan returned with two glasses and a bottle of red wine.
‘Yes. I don’t know why couldn’t ask her, I just watched her leave’ the scene replayed in his mind and he was suddenly filled with regrets.
‘That’s a bad move bro, you should’ve grabbed her and kissed her breathless; you have never been slow when it comes to women, what happened’? Ryan asked.
‘I…I think I am scared’ Ivan voiced out his feelings to someone for the first time.
‘Scared? Why? All women would pay to be yours’ Ryan replied.
‘Rejection doesn’t sit well with me, especially when I remember how my mother dumped me for her lover’ he sighed.
This was the first time he had admitted what hurt him most; the reason he was such an angry and bitter person. The reason he slept around, to cover the pain of rejection and vulnerability that he felt.
‘Ivan…’ Ryan dropped his glass, he had never seen his brother this way. He was being brutally honest.
‘Yea…’ Ivan replied.
‘Jane is not your mother. You should give it a try, if it doesn’t work out, it doesn’t define who you are. You are a successful billionaire, please bro, don’t give up on her’ Ryan encouraged him.
Re: Almost Pretty +18 by Xandercage101: 2:25pm On Oct 27, 2020
part 23

Jane is not your mother. You should give it a try, if it doesn’t work out, it doesn’t define who you are. You are a successful billionaire, please bro, don’t give up on her’ Ryan encouraged him.
‘And what about her boyfriend’?
‘I don’t know about that, just give it a try’ Ryan tried to convince him.
‘I don’t know Ryan, but I really felt stupid for slipping the note inside her doughnuts. I acted like a coward’ Ivan gave a dry laugh.
‘Hey, it’s okay. We do crazy things when we want someone in our lives. Yours was a crazy doughnut note, mine was a long poem which she never read’ Ryan rolled his eyes.
This caused his brother to laugh so hard.
‘A poem? I never knew you were a poet’ Ivan sniggered.
‘A poet for love’ Ryan fetched his glass and sipped coolly from it.
‘So how do I win her love’? Ivan dropped the laugh and became serious.
He wanted a woman like Jane by his side; he wanted to wake up to a pair of gorgeous brown eyes and smooth brown hair; he wanted her face to be the first when he woke and the last when he slept.
‘After work, we’re both going to her house and you will confess your feelings. That’s the easiest thing I could come up with’ Ryan said.
‘It’s dull and boring’ Ivan scoffed.
‘Oh, would you rather I write her a long poem in your name? Telling her how magnificent her toes are and how shiny her teeth are’? Ryan asked.
‘No bro. No poems’ Ivan begun to laugh again. His laughter rang outside the mansion to the gates, where Kira hid, praying and hoping, Ivan would forgive her.
She was able to sleep at night with the thought that Ivan was in love with her; she was sure for now that he had been the one to sneak in the note into her doughnuts.
However, she had a lot of questions; why didn’t he just say it? And what about the other women he slept with? What about his past?
‘Why didn’t your brother just tell me he liked me’? She smiled and straightened on the bed, Kira had crashed at her place.
‘Because he is Ivan Roseau and all must tremble before him’ Kira rolled her eyes and jumped out of bed.
This was it, she couldn’t bear the guilt anymore, she needed to find her brother and ask for his forgiveness.
‘I don’t understand’ Jane joined her up.
‘Okay…why didn’t you tell my brother about your feelings for him’? Kira took another angle.
‘Because I don’t have feelings for him’ Jane lied but she blushed at once.
‘Such a terrible liar. The thing is, I guess this love thing is new to you both and that’s why you were so afraid to face it. Is that why you quit your job because of your feelings for my brother’? Kira watched her face the whole time.
‘Part of it’ Jane blinked and looked away.
‘What’s the other part, talk to me, I could help you’ Kira moved closer to her.

‘I saw this magazine, Samantha really said a lot and I heard he slept with all his personal assistants, what do I make out of that’? She voiced her fear.
‘Ivan has changed. I can tell you that. He has not gone on a date or been with another woman for some months now; he has feelings for you, you softened him’ Kira reassured her.
‘But why would he change now’? Jane was still unsure of what to believe.
‘Because he is in love with you Jane’ Kira replied coolly.
Tears welled up in her eyes as she heard those words, but she didn’t hear it from the right person, she wanted Ivan to confess his feelings by himself.
‘We have to go now, the earlier the better’ Jane wiped her face.
She was prepared to speak to Ivan on Kira’s behalf.
‘Thanks so much Jane, if this works out, I’ll become your personal fashion designer’ Kira winked.
‘Are you saying I don’t dress well’? Jane raised a brow and smiled.
‘I said nothing’ Kira stifled a laugh.
The Roseau brothers stormed the Software Empire, looking all smart and sexy in their black suit and tie.
‘What’s the plan bro’? Ryan said to Ivan.
‘I already gave the evidence to the cops, Sam and Wale would pay for their conspiracy’ Ivan replied.
‘I was actually asking about the Jane matter’ Ryan snorted.
‘Oh, still not sure, I am still scared of confessing my feelings’ Ivan pushed open the door to his office and stepped into it.
‘You don’t have to be, with her boyfriend now in police custody, you are free to go ahead, bro. Play smart’ Ryan winked and stepped into the office behind his bro.
‘What a grand plan’ Ivan teased.
He paused for a while as his eyes went to the table, there was a pack of pistachio nuts on the table, his favorite snack.
‘That’s weird’ Ivan mumbled and fetched it.
‘What’s’? Ryan asked.
‘See’? He showed the pack to Ryan.
They both know who was capable of dropping something like that on Ivan’s table.
‘I am sorry Ivan, but she is still our sister. You need to forgive her eventually’ Ryan placed a hand on Ivan’s shoulder.
‘I am glad you said eventually, not now though’ Ivan shook Ryan’s hand off and moved to the window that stared into the streets.
He was still hurt by Kira’s betrayal, but thoughts about her vanished as he saw her stepping out of a cab.
‘Glorious’ he loosened his tie.
She wore a very revealing dress; her lean hips clung to the short dress and her flawless creamy thighs blazed.
His eyes traveled from her flat belly to her tiny waist and back upwards to the swell of her perky white breasts.
It was her hair that cut his attention; she had packed it into a bun which accentuated all the features on her face; her large brown eyes, her straight nose and her cute lips.
‘Are you okay Ivan’? Ryan had been watching him, wondering all along why his brother was smiling.
‘I think I will be, she is here’ Ivan murmured.
‘Oh my…’Ryan trailed off as he stared at a totally different and sexy Jane.
‘Ivan’…a female voice called him.
‘Kira’? Ivan and Ryan chorused as she stepped out from behind the cellar.
‘How did you creep into my office’? The smile faded off his face as he stared angrily at his sister.
‘I have the keys too’ she managed a smile.
‘Go. Get out’ he wouldn’t give her a chance.
‘Please, Ivan’ she fell on her knees.
‘You betrayed me all because of a will; I can never trust you again and you’re only sorry because you got caught’ Ivan moved towards the door.
‘Ryan, talk to him’ Kira turned to her younger brother.
‘I can’t, this is beyond me’ Ryan rushed out of the office, he didn’t want to interfere; he was now in a good place with his brother and he was happy about that.
‘You lied to me. Lied on Ryan and blackmailed him, what makes you think you wouldn’t do it again’? Ivan scoffed.
‘Because I am changed; I realized how stupid I was and I am ready to take whatever punishment you would give to me’ tears rolled down her pale cheeks.
Ivan quickly looked away; he hated it whenever his sister cried; he hated seeing her so weak and vulnerable. He wouldn’t pity her, he was the one that was hurting and not her.
‘Please…’ her lips trembled.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Almost Pretty +18 by aprilwise(m): 4:12pm On Oct 27, 2020
Kira deserve a second chance but what she did is bad . Thanks for the update
Re: Almost Pretty +18 by Ann2012(f): 8:55pm On Oct 27, 2020
I hope they’ve really changed for good

Thanks for the update
Re: Almost Pretty +18 by oloyedprince1(m): 11:27pm On Oct 27, 2020
wonderful storyline
Re: Almost Pretty +18 by Xandercage101: 2:08pm On Oct 28, 2020
part 24

He wouldn’t pity her, he was the one that was hurting and not her.
‘Please…’ her lips trembled.
‘I cannot punish you. I just feel so weak that my own sister would do that’.
‘I can fix this. I have already called father and he believes in you. He is mad at me. Please just give us a chance’ she begged.
‘I don’t know Kira…I don’t know…’ he sighed and looked into her eyes, searching, to see if she truly felt sorry.
‘I have a gift for you’ she jumped on her feet as her phone buzzed.
‘A gift? Is this some kind of bribe’? Ivan almost laughed but he controlled himself.
‘Maybe’ Kira smiled and moved towards the door.
Kira had taken time to dress her up even better than Wale did; her confidence grew bigger than the skies; people stared at her, men drooled at her. This was all new for her.
She had told Kira to meet her brother first and talk to him, she would show up later.
She suddenly felt stupid as she stared at the door leading to his office; once that door was opened there was no going back.
Though Kira had spent the whole night telling her about Ivan’s, love, she still wasn’t convinced, she wanted more; she wanted him to say it, but what if he didn’t feel the same for her? What if Kira only said those things to cajole her into begging Ivan on her behalf?
‘I can do it’ she took a deep breath and pushed open the door. Her heart stopped as she found him looking more handsome than ever.
His seductive blue eyes ran all over her, she couldn’t miss the desire she found in them.
‘Are you kidding me’? Ivan swallowed and moved towards his window. She was even more beautiful than he had seen from afar.
Tendrils of her mahogany hair fell on her fairs and made her look so angelic, so pure and innocent.
‘I’ll leave you two to talk now’ Kira smiled and stared at her brother.
‘Wait’ Ivan stopped her.
‘Yes’? Kira looked at him with tearful eyes.
‘I have forgiven you, but you must understand it would take a while to gain your trust. You have to work hard to fix that’ Ivan said to her.
He felt glad that his sister had convinced Jane to return to work; all his anger and resentment towards her fled.
‘Thanks, I totally understand and this is more than I expected, you are amazing’ She rushed and flung her arms over her brother.
‘Thanks. I love you’ he pressed a soft kiss on her face.
‘I love you too’ Kira cried.
‘I must go now, this is your chance, she loves you too and there is no boyfriend’ Kira whispered.
‘I hear you, go now’ Ivan released her and she rushed out of the office happily.
Jane almost cried as she watched the siblings; Ivan was not a devil like Wale had made her to believe.
‘Hi…’ Ivan stuttered not knowing how to begin.
‘Hi…’ Jane replied curtly as blood crept to her cheeks. She suddenly felt very self-conscious as she realized his eyes were focused on her bosom.
His mouth felt dry, he didn’t know how to express his love for her; his feelings choked the words in his throat; he was overwhelmed by her beauty and the nature of her soul.

‘You bought me doughnuts’ the words rushed out of Jane’s lips. She felt awkward standing there and staring at him.
‘Yes…’ he smiled.
‘Did you see the note’? He summed up the ourage.
‘Yes. Yes’, she nodded.
‘I…I like you’ he looked away.
This was it, she was done with the pretense, she couldn’t deny the love and attraction she felt for him.
‘I am sorry sir’ she took a deep breath and rushed towards him.
It was quick; like the flash of lightning.
She flung her arms around him, throwing caution into the air and pressed her lips against his.
‘Wow’, Ivan was amazed by her show of courage.
This was all he had ever dreamed of, this was all he wanted.
He took in her lips and caressed her face; their lips entwined together; dancing, biting, and teasing till they were both fatigued physically but stronger in love.
It was only then they pulled apart and stared into each other’s eyes.
‘I love you, I love you Jane’ Ivan confessed.
‘Me too. From the first day I set my eyes on you, you left your mark on me’ she laughed.
‘It was obvious’ he laughed as he remembered that day.
‘I am sorry for the way I treated you in the past; like you were not special like you meant nothing to me; You are unique and I love you so much’ he caressed her beautiful face.
‘This is like a dream…I love you sir’ she bit her lip.
‘Sir? Darling, don’t make our love formal’ Ivan laughed.
‘I am sorry Ivan’ she called his name the first time, and it felt strangely sweet to relate with him on a new level.
‘Thanks, honey’ he pressed a kiss on her forehead.
‘Would you be my girlfriend’? He asked.
Ryan was in his office wondering what went on with his siblings; he was still mad with Kira for lying against him, for painting him black before his brother.
On a lighter note, he imagined what Ivan’s reaction would be when he met with Jane; was he going to confess his feelings or would his fear of rejection get in the way of his expression?
‘Ryan…’ Kira stepped into his office unannounced.
‘Before you say anything, I am very sorry for what I did; I have realized my mistakes now and I am truly sorry’ she said.
‘I have forgiven you Kira, but it is Ivan you need to talk to; he was pretty mad and hurt after Samantha ratted you out’ Ryan went on to tell her about Ivan’s meeting with Sam and how he recorded their conversation.
‘I feel so terrible but there’s good news’ she smiled.
‘Good news’? Ryan raised his brow.
‘Yes,’ she couldn’t wait to tell him that Ivan had forgiven her.
‘He forgave me’! She blurted out excitedly.
‘Wow, that was fast, did you do anything else than cry’? Ryan was surprised as he knew how revengeful his elder brother could be.
‘I brought him Jane’ Kira winked.
‘Really? I see…’ Ryan laughed.
‘Let’s go over to his office and drink some reconciliation wine’ Ryan dragged her hand and took her out of his office towards Ivan’s.
“Get your hands off of me, I am innocent” they heard some struggling as they matched towards Ivan’s office.
‘Samantha’? Kira was surprised to see her with the cops.
‘I need to speak to Ivan, please, he cannot do this to me; I trusted him’ she cried.
Re: Almost Pretty +18 by Xandercage101: 2:10pm On Oct 28, 2020
part 25

Samantha’? Kira was surprised to see her with the cops.
‘I need to speak to Ivan, please, he cannot do this to me; I trusted him’ she cried.
‘Oh, just shut up, you know nothing about trust’ Wale groaned, he had equally lost his job, his friendship with Jane and everything about his reputation all because of Sam.
‘Well Sam, you got what you asked for’ Ryan patted her shoulder, grabbed his sister’s hand and continued the march towards Ivan’s office.
‘No! Come back! Let go’ she struggled with the cops.
‘You have the right to remain silent or anything you say or do from now would be used against you in the court of law’ one of the cops pinned her down on the floor.
‘Ivan’!!! She screamed as the men dragged her out of the building.
His heart raced, his ears twitched to hear her reply; what if she said “no”?
‘I…’ Jane started but her lips were glued.
She was overwhelmed by so many feelings, she was overwhelmed with joy, love and the peace she had found buried in his arms.
‘Please don’t say no’ Ivan’s voice was shaky, he wouldn’t take down her rejection very well.
She was about to speak when the door flew wide open and Kira and Ryan peeped through.

‘Sorry guys’ Ryan pushed his sister back and shut the door amidst her childish giggling.
‘Jane…I love you very much. I have never felt this way about any other woman before; I know you weren’t my spec at the beginning, but I just got drawn to you and as much as I wanted to deny it, I failed. Please, will you forgive me’? He sounded helpless and frustrated.
‘I could never say no to you, not in this life but what about the other women? I heard things’ she paused.
‘There are all gone, it’s only you Jane. I know I was rough in the past, I know I did things that I wasn’t proud of, but I am changed now. I swear I wouldn’t break your heart, I swear I wouldn’t cause you to cry. Please Jane, just give me a chance’ he begged.
He now understood why she was reluctant.
‘I love you too Ivan and I want to be your girlfriend’ she flashed him her cutest smile.
Ivan couldn’t believe his ears; he had finally won her heart; he had finally conquered her love and there was no going back; there was no letting go.
‘You’re the most precious thing to me’ he scooped her up in his arms and dropped her on the table.
Jane was out of words, she was fulfilled and being in his arms was the height of that fulfillment.
As she stared into his eyes, she realized that there was no other man for her except Ivan Roseau; no other man had kissed her the way he did; no other man had ignited the fire of her love like he did.
She felt passion at his kiss; a passion that would stand the test of time.
Ivan found his missing part as he clung to her breathless; the scent of her hair spiraled into his nostrils and released him from all his fears.
She was his soul mate, he had found what had been missing all those years of incessant partying and drinking.
He had conquered his fear of rejection through her.
‘I promise to love and cherish you forever’ he whispered in her ears.
‘And I promise never to let you go’ she replied.
He held to that promise as he kissed her face; he believed in that promise as he stared into her eyes and he accepted that promise the moment his lips travelled to hers.
‘I never knew my brother was such a good kisser’ Ryan laughed as he peeped with Kira.
‘They look so beautiful together’ Kira was awed; she had never seen her brother kiss someone like that.
He kissed her slowly, gently; breath against breath; love for love and hearts engrossed they were…What else could this be than love?

THE END

2 Likes

Re: Almost Pretty +18 by aprilwise(m): 4:17pm On Oct 28, 2020
Thanks for the update sharing this masterpiece . It a happy ending
Re: Almost Pretty +18 by Ann2012(f): 7:25pm On Oct 28, 2020
I love this

Thanks OP
Re: Almost Pretty +18 by Dacaller: 9:40pm On Oct 28, 2020
short story but very captivating ......thanks
Re: Almost Pretty +18 by Tonyspecial(m): 5:48pm On Oct 29, 2020
Thanks bro,
U just made my day
Re: Almost Pretty +18 by bigbauer(m): 8:44am On Oct 30, 2020
thanks for this. I love how it ended.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Would You Buy A Novel Written In Pidgin? / Life Of A Shy Ghetto Boy / SAPPHIRE By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Christian Story You Need To Read.)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.