Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,223 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Wike To FG: Stop Deceiving Endsars Protesters…you’re Not Being Sincere - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike To FG: Stop Deceiving Endsars Protesters…you’re Not Being Sincere (1828 Views)

Miyetti Allah To FG: Stop Southern Governors From Enacting Anti-Grazing Laws / Saad Abubakar: Nigeria Is In A Bad Situation, Lets Stop Deceiving Ourselves / 'FG, Stop Intimidating Saraki': Pro-Saraki Protest Rocks Ilorin (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike To FG: Stop Deceiving Endsars Protesters…you’re Not Being Sincere by princechina(m): 6:44am On Oct 17, 2020
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, has asked the federal government to stop pretending that it was sincere about meeting the demands of EndSARS protesters to end police brutality in the country.

Governor Wike accused the federal government of paying lip service to the demands of the #EndSARS protesters by directing state governors to set up judicial panels of enquiry to investigate and identify erring police officers for prosecution.

The governor spoke in a live interview that was aired by AIT from Port Harcourt, the rivers state capital, on Friday.

The National Executive Council (NEC), which issued the directive to state governors, had said the that panels were expected to conclude the investigation within six months and report back to the federal government.

“What judicial panel of enquiry are you talking about?” Wike had said when asked to speak on it.

The governor recalled that a panel he set up two years ago to investigate SARS in Rivers State had allegedly indicted several operatives of the defunct police unit, but that the police and federal government failed to act on it because they were “playing politics”.

Wike said, “The Rivers State Government had set up a judicial panel of enquiry…most officers of SARS were indicted. We sent it to the police. Have they implemented it?

“Why? Because they were playing politics with it. Now you’re directing me again to go and set up judicial enquiry. Who is going to pay for that? Go and implement the one that was set up before…tell your police to implement the one that was set up before that indicted some of these officers.

“I don’t need to be directed. I know my job and I’ve done it two years ago, but you refused to implement it simply because you believed that SARS was working for you.”

Wike also dismissed NEC’s directive that state governors should supervise the new tactical squad that is being set up by the police to replace the defunct SARS.

He said, “You’re telling me now that governors should supervise the tactical units. When did governors become so powerful to control the police? To now begin to supervise the tactical units?

“Is it not the same governors you said would use [them] for politics that you are now telling to supervise? I did not appoint the people; the Commissioner of Police is not under me. How do I supervise.”

Wike further called on the federal government to be sincere with Nigerians if truly wants to solve the complaints about police brutality in the country.

He said, “Don’t make the public believe that you’re trying to solve the problem when you know sincerely that you’re not solving any problem. So, I cannot begin to jump up as a state governor because we have been told to do so when we know it would not work.”

https://thewhistler.ng/wike-to-fg-stop-deceiving-endsars-protestersyoure-not-sincere-about-solving-any-problem/amp/

Seun
mynd44

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike To FG: Stop Deceiving Endsars Protesters…you’re Not Being Sincere by geesilver(m): 6:44am On Oct 17, 2020
More reason why I like his outspoken and doggedness, he says things the way it should be said sometimes. this people thinks they would have their evil ways as usual.

how can a state government oversee the police that is been paid and recruitted by the federal. this their lips service as usual. they can continue in deceivng our fathers not this present generation we say enough is enough.
#endSARS
#endSWAT.
#endbadgovernment.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike To FG: Stop Deceiving Endsars Protesters…you’re Not Being Sincere by Vyzz: 6:50am On Oct 17, 2020
cool
Re: Wike To FG: Stop Deceiving Endsars Protesters…you’re Not Being Sincere by descarado: 6:53am On Oct 17, 2020
Nigerian politicians. Best professional liars of the century

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike To FG: Stop Deceiving Endsars Protesters…you’re Not Being Sincere by nNEOo(m): 6:54am On Oct 17, 2020
��
Re: Wike To FG: Stop Deceiving Endsars Protesters…you’re Not Being Sincere by CodeTemplar: 6:58am On Oct 17, 2020
SARS is a killer squad for secret society people in power. They cannot shoot themselves in the leg and will rather shoot innocent people in the head.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike To FG: Stop Deceiving Endsars Protesters…you’re Not Being Sincere by airoport: 6:59am On Oct 17, 2020
People forget that Wike is a lawyer and his wife a judge. His analysis of the employer (supervisor) and employee role laid upon the governor is spot. The former report is the Police archive or Dustin. The FG/Police is not sincere otherwise, by now we would have seen some remorse from the Police end. The brutality has not at all abated. Instead, even more killings everyday. Without weeding out and punishing the SARS offenders, Police impunity against Nigerians won't end. Even commercial disputes are handled by the police.

2 Likes

Re: Wike To FG: Stop Deceiving Endsars Protesters…you’re Not Being Sincere by sonofthunder: 7:00am On Oct 17, 2020
princechina:
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, has asked the federal government to stop pretending that it was sincere about meeting the demands of EndSARS protesters to end police brutality in the country.

Governor Wike accused the federal government of paying lip service to the demands of the #EndSARS protesters by directing state governors to set up judicial panels of enquiry to investigate and identify erring police officers for prosecution.

The governor spoke in a live interview that was aired by AIT from Port Harcourt, the rivers state capital, on Friday.

The National Executive Council (NEC), which issued the directive to state governors, had said the that panels were expected to conclude the investigation within six months and report back to the federal government.

“What judicial panel of enquiry are you talking about?” Wike had said when asked to speak on it.

The governor recalled that a panel he set up two years ago to investigate SARS in Rivers State had allegedly indicted several operatives of the defunct police unit, but that the police and federal government failed to act on it because they were “playing politics”.

Wike said, “The Rivers State Government had set up a judicial panel of enquiry…most officers of SARS were indicted. We sent it to the police. Have they implemented it?

“Why? Because they were playing politics with it. Now you’re directing me again to go and set up judicial enquiry. Who is going to pay for that? Go and implement the one that was set up before…tell your police to implement the one that was set up before that indicted some of these officers.

“I don’t need to be directed. I know my job and I’ve done it two years ago, but you refused to implement it simply because you believed that SARS was working for you.”

Wike also dismissed NEC’s directive that state governors should supervise the new tactical squad that is being set up by the police to replace the defunct SARS.

He said, “You’re telling me now that governors should supervise the tactical units. When did governors become so powerful to control the police? To now begin to supervise the tactical units?

“Is it not the same governors you said would use [them] for politics that you are now telling to supervise? I did not appoint the people; the Commissioner of Police is not under me. How do I supervise.”

Wike further called on the federal government to be sincere with Nigerians if truly wants to solve the complaints about police brutality in the country.

He said, “Don’t make the public believe that you’re trying to solve the problem when you know sincerely that you’re not solving any problem. So, I cannot begin to jump up as a state governor because we have been told to do so when we know it would not work.”

https://thewhistler.ng/wike-to-fg-stop-deceiving-endsars-protestersyoure-not-sincere-about-solving-any-problem/amp/

Seun
mynd44

Big time hypocrite. He should keep quiet.

1 Like

Re: Wike To FG: Stop Deceiving Endsars Protesters…you’re Not Being Sincere by Nobody: 7:03am On Oct 17, 2020
The same WIKE that was against peaceful protest in his state? If not because he was afraid of double standards that the people call him out for.... You think he would have allowed the protest to take place?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike To FG: Stop Deceiving Endsars Protesters…you’re Not Being Sincere by protests: 7:06am On Oct 17, 2020

Bro, even if I weak, and can only crawl, I will remember you and keep on fighting. #EndSARS

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike To FG: Stop Deceiving Endsars Protesters…you’re Not Being Sincere by Openbusiness: 7:06am On Oct 17, 2020
He has made very valid points

2 Likes

Re: Wike To FG: Stop Deceiving Endsars Protesters…you’re Not Being Sincere by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:08am On Oct 17, 2020
princechina:
When did governors become so powerful to control the police? To now begin to supervise the tactical units?

Buhari is confused. Let's face it, has he been able to solve any problem in Nigeria

See the way he was also dragging this ASUU matter as if he's pricing meat in the market grin grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Wike To FG: Stop Deceiving Endsars Protesters…you’re Not Being Sincere by tooth4tooth: 7:14am On Oct 17, 2020
MinorityOpinion:
The same WIKE that was against peaceful protest in his state? If not because he was afraid of double standards that the people call him out for.... You think he would have allowed the protest to take place?
Don't mind him,he's a double-faced politician.
Re: Wike To FG: Stop Deceiving Endsars Protesters…you’re Not Being Sincere by Pcharles2(m): 7:15am On Oct 17, 2020
At least there's always one governor who is always on the side of truth. Like Tinubu Ngige Fayose Now Wike And they always have problem with the Centre.

1 Like

Re: Wike To FG: Stop Deceiving Endsars Protesters…you’re Not Being Sincere by 2020Experience(m): 7:15am On Oct 17, 2020
They all know the truth

1 Like

Re: Wike To FG: Stop Deceiving Endsars Protesters…you’re Not Being Sincere by Pcharles2(m): 7:16am On Oct 17, 2020
At least there's always one governor who is always on the side of truth. Like Tinubu, Ngige, Fayose, Now Wike. And they always have problem with the Centre.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike To FG: Stop Deceiving Endsars Protesters…you’re Not Being Sincere by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 7:18am On Oct 17, 2020
They are all the same
Re: Wike To FG: Stop Deceiving Endsars Protesters…you’re Not Being Sincere by happy200(m): 7:23am On Oct 17, 2020
Past is past Wike.
Re: Wike To FG: Stop Deceiving Endsars Protesters…you’re Not Being Sincere by okpalaAnambra: 7:29am On Oct 17, 2020
Pcharles2:
At least there's always one governor who is always on the side of truth. Like
Tinubu
Ngige
Fayose
Now Wike
And they always have problem with the Centre.
You listed names of politicians u drink their urine.. Last time I checked Tinubu hasn't yet said anything on the protest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike To FG: Stop Deceiving Endsars Protesters…you’re Not Being Sincere by Cyberterror: 7:29am On Oct 17, 2020
Foolish Wike. He is scared of inaugurating the judicial panel of enquiry in his state because his use of SARS to illegally demolish two hotels and arrest the owner of one of them will be exposed and he will be seen for the hypocrite that he is.

Agbero governor.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike To FG: Stop Deceiving Endsars Protesters…you’re Not Being Sincere by IkwerrePikin: 7:31am On Oct 17, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

Read and correct yourself

2 Likes

Re: Wike To FG: Stop Deceiving Endsars Protesters…you’re Not Being Sincere by Abia1stS0N: 7:33am On Oct 17, 2020
[s]
okpalaAnambra:

You listed names of politicians u drink their urine.. Last time I checked Tinubu hasn't yet said anything on the protest
[/s]

Has our cursed incompetent fat gorilla governor said anything yet despite what we are suffering in Abia state,?lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike To FG: Stop Deceiving Endsars Protesters…you’re Not Being Sincere by Abia1stS0N: 7:38am On Oct 17, 2020
Abia state is the worst state in Nigeria, we have the worst and dirtiest environment in Nigeria. Abia state is cursed, we should be protesting in Abia state but are people are hopeless and useless. No wonder we have been having incompetent failures as governors since 1999.

Pictures: Aba

Re: Wike To FG: Stop Deceiving Endsars Protesters…you’re Not Being Sincere by Okoroawusa: 8:12am On Oct 17, 2020
geesilver:
More reason why I like his outspoken and doggedness, he says things the way it should be said sometimes. this people thinks they would have their evil ways as usual.

how can a state government oversee the police that is been paid and recruitted by the federal. this their lips service as usual. they can continue in deceivng our fathers not this present generation we say enough is enough.
#endSARS
#endSWT.
#endbadgovernment.
Okay!... Wike is now a better person? What did you say when it was reported that he banned protests in Rivers?

Nekwa isi ya like "More reason..."

1 Like

Re: Wike To FG: Stop Deceiving Endsars Protesters…you’re Not Being Sincere by geesilver(m): 8:22am On Oct 17, 2020
Okoroawusa:

Okay!... Wike is now a better person? What did you say when it was reported that he banned protests in Rivers?

Nekwa isi ya like "More reason..."
1. didn't react to that news because I was disappointed 2. did you read my comments very where, I was carefully in my choice of words. read where I wrote sometimes hope you understand English language very well.
Re: Wike To FG: Stop Deceiving Endsars Protesters…you’re Not Being Sincere by kurupt1: 8:22am On Oct 17, 2020
Abia1stS0N:
Abia state is the worst state in Nigeria, we have the worst and dirtiest environment in Nigeria. Abia state is cursed, we should be protesting in Abia state but are people are hopeless and useless. No wonder we have been having incompetent failures as governors since 1999.

Pictures: Aba

Don't u feel it's too early to be stupid??
Re: Wike To FG: Stop Deceiving Endsars Protesters…you’re Not Being Sincere by Austino50: 8:33am On Oct 17, 2020
Wicked Wike should keep quiet, we won't allow any rogue politician to hijack this our peaceful protest for their own selfish gain, no way
Re: Wike To FG: Stop Deceiving Endsars Protesters…you’re Not Being Sincere by Pcharles2(m): 9:20am On Oct 17, 2020
okpalaAnambra:

Nawa for you sef.
Re: Wike To FG: Stop Deceiving Endsars Protesters…you’re Not Being Sincere by Amos1423(m): 10:54am On Oct 17, 2020
This wike needs to be seriously beaten, he asked protesters not to protest, we know how hard heartened this governors were during the lockdown now they're coming to act as saviours or take a stand with the people when they're indeed the problem?

This man should be beaten to stuppor if burning tire on his neck cannot be done at least to send a message to others.

I support the idea of beating this politicians at sight, beat them at sight.

1 Like

Re: Wike To FG: Stop Deceiving Endsars Protesters…you’re Not Being Sincere by adegbenga80592: 11:16am On Oct 17, 2020
At least there's always one governor who is always on the side of truth. Like
Tinubu,
Ngige,
Fayose,
Now Wike.
And they always have problem with the Centre.
Re: Wike To FG: Stop Deceiving Endsars Protesters…you’re Not Being Sincere by Nwibii: 11:47am On Oct 17, 2020
Cyberterror:
Foolish Wike. He is scared of inaugurating the judicial panel of enquiry in his state because his use of SARS to illegally demolish two hotels and arrest the owner of one of them will be exposed and he will be seen for the hypocrite that he is.

Agbero governor.

Get your facts correct, was it the same Wike that order Akim Fakoreode the SARS commander in rivers state to killed a polytechnic lecturer, Dr. Feri Gberebe?

We all know who was using SARS in 2019 election, in as much as I'm not a fan of any politician, I think the governor is right on this.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Have We Not Invaded No. 26, Bourdillon, Ikoyi? / BREAKING: Gunmen Attack Green Field University, Abduct Students / Break Up Nigeria To Save Our Lives, Secession Agitators Write Britain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.