Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Who Is More Proficient In English - Dame Jonathan Or Rita Koko Mansion ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is More Proficient In English - Dame Jonathan Or Rita Koko Mansion ? (2694 Views)

Poll: Who Is More Proficient In English ?

Dame Patience Jonathan: 32% (11 votes)
Rita Koko Mansion: 67% (23 votes)
This poll has ended

A 72 Year Old Man Has Nothing To Offer Nigerians – Dame Jonathan / Photos 4rm The Mass Burial Of Bayelsa Women Who Died After Visitin Dame Jonathan / Patience Dame Jonathan- Beautful, Intelligent And Compassionate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is More Proficient In English - Dame Jonathan Or Rita Koko Mansion ? by ceah(m): 11:46pm On Mar 07, 2011
I have been thinking, who is more proficient in English language:
Dame Jonathan or Rita of DBang Koko Mansion ?

one must  be better than the other,
I heard they were both taught by the same teacher
just as okotie and obahiagbon were taught by same teacher,
Re: Who Is More Proficient In English - Dame Jonathan Or Rita Koko Mansion ? by fstranger3(m): 12:00am On Mar 08, 2011
ceah:

one must be better than the other,
I heard they were both thought by the same teacher
just as okotie and obahiagbon were thought by same teacher,

None of the above

Obviously, you arent better than those two.

You need to take your WAEC a lil more seriously, now run and go get "A to Z of JAMB's Use of English Language," by Dele Ashade. DO that now, you can thank me later.
Re: Who Is More Proficient In English - Dame Jonathan Or Rita Koko Mansion ? by ceah(m): 12:01am On Mar 08, 2011
I think Rita is better, lol!
Re: Who Is More Proficient In English - Dame Jonathan Or Rita Koko Mansion ? by ceah(m): 12:05am On Mar 08, 2011
Poll Open, Vote Now, grin
Re: Who Is More Proficient In English - Dame Jonathan Or Rita Koko Mansion ? by PapaBrowne(m): 1:37am On Mar 08, 2011
The interesting thing is that over 80% of Nigerians are not proficient in English!! These 80% include market women, wives of Okada riders, farmers, pure water sellers, recharge card sellers and real Nigerians! Funny thing is that these people who cannot speak proficient English constitute the bulk of Nigerians voters!
And you know what?? They find in Patience Jonathan, someone they can relate to!! They love her and they would vote for her husband during the elections!!

Sometimes we think speaking proficient English is a function of elitism! What we fail to realise is that while millions of graduates are roaming the streets speaking proficient English and begging for jobs, street smart entrepreneurs with little or no English proficiency run the Nigerian economy from places like Idumota, Alaba, Nnewi, Ariaria, Onitsha Main market and the likes!!

Be there in your mosquito infested environment speaking proficient English, while Dame Jonathan is in the luxury of Aso Rock with maids and servants at her beck and call attending to her in whatever language she speaks! Dame Jonathan has 2 hands, 2 legs, I brain just like you!! If you like no go find better thing to do!!
Re: Who Is More Proficient In English - Dame Jonathan Or Rita Koko Mansion ? by MAYOWAAK: 1:56am On Mar 08, 2011
PapaBrowne:

The interesting thing is that over 80% of Nigerians are not proficient in English!! These 80% include market women, wives of Okada riders, farmers, pure water sellers, recharge card sellers and real Nigerians! Funny thing is that these people who cannot speak proficient English constitute the bulk of Nigerians voters!
And you know what?? They find in Patience Jonathan, someone they can relate to!! They love her and they would vote for her husband during the elections!!

Sometimes we think speaking proficient English is a function of elitism! [b]What we fail to realise is that while millions of graduates are roaming the streets speaking proficient English and begging for jobs, street smart entrepreneurs with little or no English proficiency run the Nigerian economy from places like Idumota, Alaba, Nnewi, Ariaria, Onitsha Main market and the likes!![/b]Be there in your mosquito infested environment speaking proficient English, while Dame Jonathan is in the luxury of Aso Rock with maids and servants at her beck and call attending to her in whatever language she speaks! Dame Jonathan has 2 hands, 2 legs, I brain just like you!! If you like no go find better thing to do!!
In your warped and convoluted logic,speaking bad English guarantees economic empowerment
Re: Who Is More Proficient In English - Dame Jonathan Or Rita Koko Mansion ? by PapaBrowne(m): 2:01am On Mar 08, 2011
^^^^
Sadly, your capacity for comprehension is limited!!
Re: Who Is More Proficient In English - Dame Jonathan Or Rita Koko Mansion ? by mamagee3(f): 2:07am On Mar 08, 2011
I have got to say None of the above. . .

Both are terrible when it comes to giving speeches in English.
Re: Who Is More Proficient In English - Dame Jonathan Or Rita Koko Mansion ? by Udevex: 2:09am On Mar 08, 2011
PapaBrowne:

Sometimes we think speaking proficient English is a function of elitism! What we fail to realise is that while millions of graduates are roaming the streets speaking proficient English and begging for jobs, street smart entrepreneurs with little or no English proficiency run the Nigerian economy from places like Idumota, Alaba, Nnewi, Ariaria, Onitsha Main market and the likes!!

Be there in your mosquito infested environment speaking proficient English, while Dame Jonathan is in the luxury of Aso Rock with maids and servants at her beck and call attending to her in whatever language she speaks! Dame Jonathan has 2 hands, 2 legs, I brain just like you!! If you like no go find better thing to do!!

Word.
I feel, though that the percentage of Nigerians that speak poor English is closer to 98%.

Guy's, speaking English like the Queen will not develop this country. Hard work, grunt and brains will, and English isn't needed for those.
Re: Who Is More Proficient In English - Dame Jonathan Or Rita Koko Mansion ? by Pharoh: 2:38am On Mar 08, 2011
This thread should be locked because it serves no useful purpose, i wonder why we have gone this low here on nairaland.

No sensible or matured posts anymore just joking and bantering here and there . . please mods lock this thread.
Re: Who Is More Proficient In English - Dame Jonathan Or Rita Koko Mansion ? by precision7: 5:41am On Mar 08, 2011
Which Rita abeg? Hope it's not d one with d followin qoutes "we do criminal in Nig", " we do bad bad things like jazz, like yahoo", "pple, when they come into Nig, during d airport" etc? Haba!
No compare d two abeg, our Dame is better than Rita in ten folds.

Even with her spoken English, God has elevated her and might even extend her stay in Aso Rock beyond 2011. As far as she's communicating, no prob. Soo gbo?
Re: Who Is More Proficient In English - Dame Jonathan Or Rita Koko Mansion ? by ceah(m): 7:40am On Mar 08, 2011
@Guy, You dont get it, You people at the politics section need to laugh sometimes, too much seriousnesssssss,

@PapaBrowne, I agree with you but i believe as the presido's wife she can be better,

@MAYOWAAK, I also agree with you cos nobody will employ such to run his company

@Pharoh, na your name dey worry you,

@precision7, let them come out for a debate, lol!
Re: Who Is More Proficient In English - Dame Jonathan Or Rita Koko Mansion ? by PapaBrowne(m): 9:46am On Mar 08, 2011
^^^^^
I agree with you Ceah!! I get the humor!! And yes, the lady surely does need some English Lessons!! Sometimes you get to wonder what she had been doing all these years and what kind of friends she'd been keeping especially after been in the the limelight for over a decade!!
Re: Who Is More Proficient In English - Dame Jonathan Or Rita Koko Mansion ? by Tunsbobo(m): 10:28am On Mar 08, 2011
ceah:

one must  be better than the other,
I heard they were both taught by the same teacher
just as okotie and obahiagbon were taught by same teacher,
Yeah, they were taught by the same teacher! They were taught by you! Jobless fool!!
Re: Who Is More Proficient In English - Dame Jonathan Or Rita Koko Mansion ? by Arosa(m): 11:15am On Mar 08, 2011
Rita is the bestest. wink
Re: Who Is More Proficient In English - Dame Jonathan Or Rita Koko Mansion ? by ceah(m): 12:44pm On Mar 08, 2011
@PapaBrowne, i cant just imagine her royal dameness, lol!
@Tunsbobo, u must be her excellency's mother, shocked i am sorry ma , mama ajasco
Re: Who Is More Proficient In English - Dame Jonathan Or Rita Koko Mansion ? by blinx4real(m): 3:10pm On Mar 08, 2011
PapaBrowne:

STOP trying to justify mediocrity with a profligacy of words, Your ability to speak proper english is a sign of your IQ (intelligence), the concern is that for someone who claims to have passed through more than 6 years of education, for others even up to 16 years of education all taught in English language it becomes more and more baffling how the person can still not express themselves in simple english? It is an indication that you either are slow in the head or you actually did not go to school as you claim,
My grandmother (>80 years old) did not go to secondary school, yet her vocabulary and grammar is as robust as any graduate in this country today. At >80 she can still beat Dame hands down.
These kind of justification you give is the reason why we have these crooks and empty headed representatives who make laws that are of benefit to no one except themselves, who throw chairs and punches at the NASS.
Re: Who Is More Proficient In English - Dame Jonathan Or Rita Koko Mansion ? by fstranger3(m): 3:25pm On Mar 08, 2011
blinx4real:

STOP trying to justify mediocrity with a profligacy of words, Your ability to speak proper english is a sign of your IQ (intelligence), the concern is that for someone who claims to have passed through more than 6 years of education, for others even up to 16 years of education all taught in English language it becomes more and more baffling how the person can still not express themselves in simple english? It is an indication that you either are slow in the head or you actually did not go to school as you claim,
My grandmother (>80 years old) did not go to secondary school, yet her vocabulary and grammar is as robust as any graduate in this country today. At >80 she can still beat Dame hands down.
These kind of justification you give is the reason why we have these crooks and empty headed representatives who make laws that are of benefit to no one except themselves, who throw chairs and punches at the NASS.

I guess your IQ is higher than Putin's IQ. . . who knew!
Re: Who Is More Proficient In English - Dame Jonathan Or Rita Koko Mansion ? by ceah(m): 3:45pm On Mar 08, 2011
@blinx4real, good arguement

@fstranger3, you must be an English Teacher from Oxford, Vacancy at the Presidency, grin
Re: Who Is More Proficient In English - Dame Jonathan Or Rita Koko Mansion ? by ceah(m): 6:21pm On Mar 08, 2011
Imagine!!! Rita leading her Royal Dameness,
Re: Who Is More Proficient In English - Dame Jonathan Or Rita Koko Mansion ? by blinx4real(m): 9:32pm On Mar 08, 2011
I guess your IQ is higher than Putin's IQ.     .      .  who knew!
The official language of Russia is not English, for Putin to be able speak as good as he does shows how adept he is intellectually,  Can we say the same of of your madam? There is nothing wrong in been unlettered but there is a big issue when you pretend it's not important, that only makes u a bumbling fool.
Re: Who Is More Proficient In English - Dame Jonathan Or Rita Koko Mansion ? by fstranger3(m): 9:40pm On Mar 08, 2011
blinx4real:

The official language of Russia is not English, for Putin to be able speak as good as he does shows how adept he is intellectually,  Can we say the same of of your madam? There is nothing wrong in been unlettered but there is a big issue when you pretend it's not important, that only makes u a bumbling fool.

Why is the official language of Russia not English?

PS: I am not that exposed. I live in Zamfara so please educate me
Re: Who Is More Proficient In English - Dame Jonathan Or Rita Koko Mansion ? by Kilode1: 10:29pm On Mar 08, 2011
fstranger3:

You need to take your WAEC a lil more seriously, now run and go get "A to Z of JAMB's Use of English Language," by Dele Ashade. DO that now, you can thank me later.

HAHAHAHA grin

Warrior, I remember that book.
Re: Who Is More Proficient In English - Dame Jonathan Or Rita Koko Mansion ? by fstranger3(m): 10:34pm On Mar 08, 2011
^^^

Without his books, I never could have passed my GCE the first time ( Cant remember the name for his WAEC version). I actually attended one of his crash lectures at OAU on the eve of the exam. Thank God

Do you remember DOEHN?
Re: Who Is More Proficient In English - Dame Jonathan Or Rita Koko Mansion ? by blinx4real(m): 10:53pm On Mar 08, 2011
fstranger3:

Why is the official language of Russia not English?

PS: I am not that exposed. I live in Zamfara so please educate me
Because the Russians were smart enuff to know that their country shld not be governed by illiterates.
Because the Russians were more concerned about their future n that of their children more than their stomach,
Re: Who Is More Proficient In English - Dame Jonathan Or Rita Koko Mansion ? by ceah(m): 11:12pm On Mar 08, 2011
@fstranger3, Have you applied ? i heard the vacancy is still widely open.
Now i know why you have your boxing gloves on, you are a sharia evangelist from zamfara, grin grin grin
Re: Who Is More Proficient In English - Dame Jonathan Or Rita Koko Mansion ? by Kilode1: 11:23pm On Mar 08, 2011
fstranger3:

^^^

Without his books, I never could have passed my GCE the first time ( Cant remember the name for his WAEC version). I actually attended one of his crash lectures at OAU on the eve of the exam. Thank God

Do you remember DOEHN?

English book? No, I don't remember that author. Not sure we used it, it could be my memory though.

I remember Brighter Grammar. We had that old book hanging around the house mostly and Alawiye too, oh! Alawiye cool

Alawiye was more interesting than all those Oyinbo books jare. I wonder if they had an Ijaw language equivalent during Patience Jonathan's school days. It would have done Patience a lot of good. . .

English is not the only language on earth. Patience should just get a Translator, it's not compulsory to speak Queens English as long as you are capable of rational thought  cheesy
Re: Who Is More Proficient In English - Dame Jonathan Or Rita Koko Mansion ? by ceah(m): 5:04pm On Mar 09, 2011
@Kilode?! , Are you saying Patience should be speaking Queens Ijaw, lol! grin grin grin
Re: Who Is More Proficient In English - Dame Jonathan Or Rita Koko Mansion ? by Kilode1: 6:49pm On Mar 09, 2011
^^ Queens Ijaw ke? The Queen of England is not smart enough to learn Ijaw.  angry cheesy

Can anybody in the English Royal family speak any non-latin based Language? despite the hundred of years they spent ruling over Africans and Asians tongue

Abeg make una free Patience and Rita koko mansion. It's not easy to think in one language and translate your thoughts to another. dem dey try sef.
Re: Who Is More Proficient In English - Dame Jonathan Or Rita Koko Mansion ? by ceah(m): 7:01pm On Mar 09, 2011
@Kilode?! , we go free her, but tell her to stop appearing on tv please, it is constitutionally wrong shocked to have children watch her and make her their role model, grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Is More Proficient In English - Dame Jonathan Or Rita Koko Mansion ? by Kilode1: 8:35pm On Mar 09, 2011
^^ Who cares about ya Oyinbo TV. grin

Very soon, she we will start appearing in your dreams. There is nothing Tamuno cannot do. cool

The more she murders Oyinbo language the better. When you are all tired you will hire her a translator.
Re: Who Is More Proficient In English - Dame Jonathan Or Rita Koko Mansion ? by ceah(m): 8:43pm On Mar 09, 2011
Appearing in my Dreams,   shocked shocked shocked ,  Are you telling me Her Majesty Dame is Constitutionally using Juju, ?
Kilode !!! The security at the gate of aso villa scream your name when i was taking the application of  [b]fstranger3 [/b]to the presidency for the position of English Teacher cu.m Translator for Her Royal Dameness, Kilodeeeeeeeeee, i run 4 40, lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hmmm: Wizkid Caught Smoking Weed! / Oduah Slammed! Lawmakers Recommend 3-year Jail Term Over Bulletproof Cars / 33 Reasons Why Southern Nigerians Are Not smart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.