Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,136 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

Travelling From London To Lagos With A Toddler! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling From London To Lagos With A Toddler! (1031 Views)

Food Aero Airline Served A Passenger While Travelling From Lagos-Port Harcourt / Man Boards Bus In Lagos With A Man Carrying Pistol (photos) / Travelling From Nigeria To Niger Republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travelling From London To Lagos With A Toddler! by Bletherer: 4:39pm On Mar 08, 2011
Re: Travelling From London To Lagos With A Toddler! by fstranger3(m): 4:48pm On Mar 08, 2011
Wait till she is older.

You dont have to go now, do you
Re: Travelling From London To Lagos With A Toddler! by 25omega(m): 5:45pm On Mar 08, 2011
fstranger3:

Wait till she is older.

You dont have to go now, do you
i agree with ^^^ then again who knows why you are going so do what you gotto do. I was on a flight from london to washington D.C and someone had a baby on the plane and i must say that was the most annoying thing ever because the poor child just kept crying due to the changing pressure on the plane which the child didn't know how to deal with yet. Also as far as food you might have to special order with the airline. i started travelling when i was 6 years old and what my parents did was to let me run around the airport like a crazy person so when it came time to fly i was too tired and sleepy grin
Re: Travelling From London To Lagos With A Toddler! by MrsOyibo(f): 9:48pm On Mar 08, 2011
Use Air France. They are a dream when travelling with toddlers. I can only compare them to British Airways but even though the journey with AF requires a transit in Paris it was still alot less stressful. They provided my daughter with her own seat despite us having only booked an infant fare. She's a fussy eater and they kept trying until they found her something that she would eat (unlike BA who said she was only entitled to a jar of baby food). Remember that you can always bring your own food and drink for baby but may be required to taste them at security. AF didn't even complain when she wandered into the near empty business class to stretch her legs. Transitting is also easy because they have a special security lane for passengers with children.

Regarding a stroller for London, I'd say that it's a must. It'll be easier for you to get around if you have one. You can take it to the door of the plane and if you travel AF they will store it in the on-board wardrobe so you'll get it back as soon as you land at Lagos.

To keep little one entertained on the flight try bringing her favourite toy, books, small flashlight (works wonders), sweeties (for bribery), in-flight head phones.

Also, instead of keeping your little one with you while your waiting to collect your luggage at Lagos, have someone meet you at the airport and you can leave him/her outside with them instead.

Hope your trip goes well x
Re: Travelling From London To Lagos With A Toddler! by Nobody: 6:49am On Mar 09, 2011
//
Re: Travelling From London To Lagos With A Toddler! by Bletherer: 11:38am On Mar 09, 2011
mrs oyibo and chaircover thank you very much.
if i go out to hand my toddler to family will they let me back in to collect luggage? can family help me with luggage?
Re: Travelling From London To Lagos With A Toddler! by Nobody: 11:40am On Mar 09, 2011
//

(1) (Reply)

Admission In Sweden Finland Or Norway / Applying For Conference Visa / Price Of Flight Ticket From Lagos-odessa Or Lviv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.