Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,990 members, 7,828,497 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate (61050 Views)

Our Officers, Not Involved In The Shooting At A Lagos Filling Station - DSS / Sanwo-olu Visits Scene Of Abule Ado Explosions, Orders Investigation / Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by Manab: 11:37pm On Oct 20, 2020
richmanrichard:
so you no dey support buhari again? sai baba
u ar insane
Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by holaralph(m): 11:38pm On Oct 20, 2020
Enu opuro kin seje
Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by luvmijeje(f): 11:40pm On Oct 20, 2020
Nigsrdumb:

Yep i saw that as well, they were in ibeju lekki, sangotedo etc, not lekki toll gate.

Imagine that! In a country that has an elected government and laws. And some fools expect me to support that kind of lawlessness.
Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by KULESTGee24(m): 11:41pm On Oct 20, 2020
This is so bad we have wicked and heartless leaders
I sincerely sympathise with those bereaved
Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by Acidosis(m): 11:42pm On Oct 20, 2020
What are you investigating??

This is Burna Boy. A lot of celebrities have come out to call out Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu. Hillary Clinton has also tweeted minutes ago. All celebrities have called for the resignation of the culprits.

No one is fvcking scared anylonger. Sanwo-Olu should stop the stup!d investigations. They showed him pictures of 'criminal officials' earlier today at the toll gate and he did nothing.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by Mycoin(m): 11:43pm On Oct 20, 2020
While you block the road and threaten to end the Nation, and now hackers abroad have supported you by hacking official government accounts, please note that as you, without a leader, bring down the Government, there is a very organized and tireless Boko Haram waiting to take over as much as they can.

We have been fighting them as a Nation for 11 years and Buhari has not been President all through this time.

Also remember that the Niger Delta militants that have gone into the Amnesty programme or are in hiding can also easily come out to take over Oil facilities as you "End Nigeria" without a leadership.

Am I saying you should stop protesting? No oh, Yoruba people say you can only wake someone that is asleep up, not someone that is pretending to be sleeping. I know your protest is not done with sincerity so why will I appeal to you to stop it? As long as they are still playing music, as long as there are still girls to exchange number with, as long as you can snap yourself and post on social, as long as you can use it to show off, and as long as you do not have enough sense and sincerity to know that problems are solved painstakingly not with quick fix, I really don't think anything outside these can stop you.

I am just documenting this your "struggle" so that when we all begin to suffer the real suffering we will be able to remember how it started. So that you don't change the story.

For documentation purpose here are SOME of the things the government has done yet you insist on shutting down the country,

1. Ban SARS patrol

2. Supported the protest as the right of the protesters

3. Arrested some of the Police men who harrass protesters.

4. Set up a Presidential Panel that has now indicted tens of SARS operatives and recommended others for dismissal.

5. Ban SARS.

6. Set up a replacement for SARS and invited celebrities to their training to ensure everything is done well.

7. Promised that no SARS operative will be among the new team.

8. Began the process of putting SARS operatives through medical test.

9. Met with stakeholders and civil society on how they can monitor all the promises being made.

10. Released arrested protesters with warning to Policemen to allow protesters protest.

11. The President gave a National address, the IGP gave a live press conference and have aired several meetings with leaders of the youths.

12. Setting up of Judicial Panel of Inquiry in all 36 States with PUBLIC HEARINGS!

13. Each State has been ordered to set up a Victim Support Fund to be funded by the Federal Government to compensate families of victims.

And this list is by no means exhaustive. But nothing will take you off the streets if there is music, beer and women.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by Nobody: 11:43pm On Oct 20, 2020
luvmijeje:

Imagine that! In a country that has an elected government and laws. And some fools expect me to support that kind of lawlessness.

You don't have a government
Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by moneyissweet(m): 11:44pm On Oct 20, 2020
Osibanjo don commit Taya..his hands is soiled with corruption already.

Resigning will be suicidal for him..

Fake man of God.

Juliusmalema:
Osinbajo should step aside now
Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by Ennybouy(m): 11:47pm On Oct 20, 2020
Uninstalled the available CCTV cameras, turned of the billboard lights,brought in heavily armored security personnel,and boom we see genocide.this us real Brutality u have showed us,and don't forget,we ain't relenting...

#LekkiMassacre
#EndPoliceBrutality
#EndBadGovernance

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by Sonoyom(m): 11:49pm On Oct 20, 2020
deboysben:
this one is strong oo.
Sanwo olu has shot himself on the leg.
F*ck up no dey sour sha, one day na one day we go get opportunity to laugh am.
Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by luvmijeje(f): 11:50pm On Oct 20, 2020
Nigsrdumb:

You don't have a government

We do. We just elected an ineffective one. It's still better than the best of Military Regime.
Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by SmartMugu: 11:51pm On Oct 20, 2020
streetfabulous:
--Mr President should please address the nation as a matter of urgency.
--State Govs and state commissioners of police should go to the different protest sites in their states, address the protesters, negotiate a date and venue for a town hall meeting, urge protesters to organize themselves and appoint spokesmen/women as well as document all their demands.
--Our dear protesters, please it is time to get organised. If we ask questions then we must allow the govt to answer.The goal is not to protest and fight forever.Infact it may be more effective to step back, assess the impact so far and restrategize for a more effective protest.
--Please organize this movement, get spokesmen/women, make it easy for our leaders to come out and negotiate by fixing a date and venue for town hall meetings, let's discuss and document all demands and prepare to talk. By organising the movement, we can avoid hijacking and infiltration by thugs.
--In the town hall meeting, the spokespersons will articulate the demands, the govt will consider them and highlight what is possible and where they may have challenges. The goal is to reach a consensus between the govt and protesters. Finally a working document should be drafted with appropriate timelines.
--The state governors should then have a meeting with the Federal government, harmonize the demands from the various state town hall meetings and put modalities in motion for TRANSPARENT implementation.
--If possible,the youths can even adopt a vision that will leverage on the current solidarity to forge a massive political alliance in form of a party that will decide who will lead this nation in future. But, to achieve this we must organize ourselves at a national level and come together.

Who is paying you for this thrash? What are you even talking about? The president that refused to address his nation before the protest got this big, now ure telling him to address them now after they have massacred innocent protesters? What do you want him to say? It was a mistake?

Was he not at one point a protester too? Did he get killed. Put yourself in other people's shoes, if your son or daughter was among those that just got massacred tonight, is your next line of action going to be for them to address the nation? For them to order investigations that will take over 10 years to complete? The president and vice president kids
are safe in aso rock,, protected by the same unknown soldiers that killed other people's children in Lekki tonight.

If those bullets killed the president and vice presidents kids, do you think they will want to wait for one stupid investigation from a mule they collectively orchestrated to get in office? Do you think the president will wait to address the nation before he bursts into tears over his dead kids? Every human feel pains, if he can't take the pains other parents absorb, then he shouldn't cause them more pain. No life is more equal than the other. What investigation is needed? Everything is on social media. Who doesn't know delay tactics?

People were complaining about the random killings by the SARS arm of the police and they sent the army to kill some more. Dont you see its their evil agenda unfolding? They already moved all the Power bases to the north. The rest of the country can now only fight back with stones and clubs, the sophisticated weapons are in their hands already, and your entire family isn't worth more than a cow to them. Wake up, fool!

I knew Sanwo-Olu was an asslicker all along. He licked Tinubus ass to get in power, in return, Tinubu licked Buhari's ass to stay relevant and position himself for the next election, and now Sanwo'Olu is busy licking two asses - Buhari and Tinubu's asses must taste good to him for him to stay in power. No wonder his mouth looks somehow. And yall still blame Abode for refusing to lick Tinubu's ass? If he did like Sanwo did, then he had to be professional asslicker.

Sanwo's name is ruined in the eyes of Lagosians from what just happened tonight, and nobody will listen to that fool anymore because he's been bought just like his godfather, Tinubu.

Pls dont come here with those nonsense grandfathers say. You should be wiser now and even know you might be their next body count. They can't face hard targets like boko-haram, the soft targets they prefer are the peaceful Lagosians that were only expressing their constitutional rights. Is that too difficult for even a fool to know the real agenda?

Its history repeating itself again, this time its Tinubu and the pawn, Sanwo putting Lagos in this shape because of their selfish agendas.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by Roozzaay(m): 11:51pm On Oct 20, 2020
streetfabulous:
--Mr President should please address the nation as a matter of urgency.
--State Govs and state commissioners of police should go to the different protest sites in their states, address the protesters, negotiate a date and venue for a town hall meeting, urge protesters to organize themselves and appoint spokesmen/women as well as document all their demands.
--Our dear protesters, please it is time to get organised. If we ask questions then we must allow the govt to answer.The goal is not to protest and fight forever.Infact it may be more effective to step back, assess the impact so far and restrategize for a more effective protest.
--Please organize this movement, get spokesmen/women, make it easy for our leaders to come out and negotiate by fixing a date and venue for town hall meetings, let's discuss and document all demands and prepare to talk. By organising the movement, we can avoid hijacking and infiltration by thugs.
--In the town hall meeting, the spokespersons will articulate the demands, the govt will consider them and highlight what is possible and where they may have challenges. The goal is to reach a consensus between the govt and protesters. Finally a working document should be drafted with appropriate timelines.
--The state governors should then have a meeting with the Federal government, harmonize the demands from the various state town hall meetings and put modalities in motion for TRANSPARENT implementation.
--If possible,the youths can even adopt a vision that will leverage on the current solidarity to forge a massive political alliance in form of a party that will decide who will lead this nation in future. But, to achieve this we must organize ourselves at a national level and come together.

How much were you paid to be doing all these? Or you are just heartless?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by NayTayMan: 11:55pm On Oct 20, 2020
Buhari has murdered sleep and he shall sleep no more!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by Brushstrokes20: 11:56pm On Oct 20, 2020
Pathetic filth!

#buhariIsaMURDERER

#SanwooluisaKILLER

#ojuyoboIsAbloodSucker

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by lexy2014: 12:02am On Oct 21, 2020
Akalia:
You strike as one ignorant fellow to an extent, how is it you do not know that Fsars was disbanded on account of the government yielding to the pressure mounted by the protests? The government also proposed to begin an extensive reform of the NPF .

To your questions:
(1) I would not know why PMB did not do something about the police reform report he did receive last year. Let us consider it a failure on his part.

(2) I for one do nor justify the assault carried out by hired armed mercenaries on the protesters, I only inferred to the fact that the protesters should have known when to quit knowing full well that things do not work in this country as they do in the western world which of course is a far saner clime. This might gore your ox but I think some of the slain protesters threw away their lives for nothing.

See pot calling kettle black. U are only confirming what I said that reality hasn't dawned on u. If u say SARS has been banned, is this d first time this administration is banning it? And u say am ignorant. Which brings us back to my question about d report. If buhari had in his hands a blueprint with which to reform SARS for over a year and he didn't do anything with d report, y is d banning of SARS now so much an achievement in your eyes? So u acknowledge that buhari failed to implement a report he had with him for over a year and u still think banning of SARS is demonstration of sincerity on d part of d same buhari u said failed. Can u see how reality hasn't dawned on u? Don't u see that my ignorance is far greater than all ur knowledge put together?

If u say some protesters wasted their lives, d question u have failed to answer is y did d military not confront d thugs? Are they more peaceful than d protesters? Why were these thugs attacking protesters?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by OdenKelechi(m): 12:02am On Oct 21, 2020
Ordering investigation into something you did. God will punish sanwo-olu and his cohorts. They and their generations will know no peace

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by toolovely(m): 12:05am On Oct 21, 2020
What are they investigating after sending the LCC to dismantle the CCTV cameras, turn off the lights there and shutdown telecommunications network within the area. Who are they deceiving?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by Havesense: 12:09am On Oct 21, 2020
I just wish they should bring down that toll gate at lekki right now

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by Nobody: 12:10am On Oct 21, 2020
Nigsrdumb:

I watched a livestream and saw it all.

They cut off electricity, cut off CCTV, waited till dark and shot people including women, that could have been you

am finding it difficult to sleep accepting the fact that young minds like me died like that fighting for my nextgen. i feel like killing myself right now. i blamed God for bringing me to this Evil and Cruel Country. Am in tears

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by GodBlessedNiger: 12:10am On Oct 21, 2020
Maxymilliano:

https://twitter.com/followlasg/status/1318654644218961920?s=19
this is work of tìnubu and sanwo olu we all know it they first uninstalled cctv before off the street light.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by eyinola: 12:12am On Oct 21, 2020
E no go better for sanwolu, tinibu and their generation

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by Nobody: 12:15am On Oct 21, 2020
Federal Government owns the Army and the Police - this inbred drug-addict thinks we are stupid

He can order all the anal-probes he wants - it will amount to nothing 2023 is lost f000l

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by MickzyDonald: 12:19am On Oct 21, 2020
Xammie001:
To be Honest he may not know,you know the governor only deals with report

But i partially reckon with that

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by seasy: 12:22am On Oct 21, 2020
Coward!
Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by Nobody: 12:28am On Oct 21, 2020
See them

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by victons(m): 12:32am On Oct 21, 2020
Akalia:
The protesters went a bit too far by trivialising government's pleas and defying government directives. The should have taking some respite first.
something about the Nigerian government is that you'll never get your demands if you keep obeying their directives.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by Guestlander: 12:46am On Oct 21, 2020
It's too late. This will hang on Sanwo Olu's neck like an albatross for the rest of his life. Murderer.
Who ordered the removal of the cameras at the toll gate?
Who ordered the shootings. Someone must pay for this. Enough is enough.
Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by omoharry(f): 1:05am On Oct 21, 2020
luvmijeje:

We do. We just elected an ineffective one. It's still better than the best of Military Regime.
Non is better .
Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by KingEzo: 1:20am On Oct 21, 2020
the blood sucking monsters have accomplished their mission.. Sanwolu, Tinubu and buhari as disclosed their true identity... God will avenge the blood of 4th e innocent protester..
Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by Gval123: 1:42am On Oct 21, 2020
Buhari in conjunction with Tinubu and lagos state governor has killed our people. All you first born will die before u. all of you will bury ur first male child.
Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by vincent10(m): 2:07am On Oct 21, 2020
Manab:
take it easy sir

You dey mad

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Olusegun Obasanjo Looks Dapper in Suit As He Steps Out In Vietnam - Photo / Residents Boo President Buhari In Maiduguri / Victor Giadom Reacts To APC NEC's Resolution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.