Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,166 members, 7,845,832 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

We Have Never Experienced This In Lagos Or South West . - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Have Never Experienced This In Lagos Or South West . (1278 Views)

Why Are Nigerian Cities That Never Experienced The Civil War Underdeveloped? / Tunde Bakare: Nigeria Needs Competent President Whether From North Or South / El-rufai: It’s Foolish To Sit In Lagos Or Port Harcourt And Demand Power Shift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Have Never Experienced This In Lagos Or South West . by oluwatosink: 9:27pm On Oct 21, 2020
We all need to calm down first .
If we want the dissolution of Nigeria, we can get it in a peaceful way. Enough of the killings in Nigeria generally , We need to calm down and solve things.

South West is the most region, hit with the protests, violence and destruction. Even at the moment I can't listen to my favourites radio station. Consider the jobs lost already to the radio presenters and other good Nigerians that had lost his/her jobs just because of the violence and destructions.
I didn't buy the protests at first, because I had already known where it is going to, from end sars protests we are heading to revolution , innocent people losing their lives. Some folks were tagging Us army on Twitter to fight Nigerian Army. We don't calm down with the way we do things, two wrongs can't make a right . We need to calm down first and watch what happens , before we head back to protests. The protests are hindering the citizens, transportation fees keeps increasing, There is limitations to food and supplies transportation just because of all these , where are we heading to

5 Likes

Re: We Have Never Experienced This In Lagos Or South West . by Blackking98(m): 9:30pm On Oct 21, 2020
oluwatosink:
If we want the dissolution of Nigeria, we can get in a peaceful way. Enough of the killings in Nigeria generally , We need to calm down and solve things.

South West is the most region, hit with the protests, violence and destruction. Even at the moment I can't listen to my favourites radio station. Consider the jobs lost already to the radio presenters and other good Nigerians that had lost his/her just because of the violence and destruction.
I didn't buy the protests at first, because I had already known where it is going to, from end sars protests we are heading to revolution , innocent people losing their lives. Some folks were tagging Us army on Twitter to fight Nigerian Army. We don't calm down with the way we do things, two wrongs can't make a right . We need to calm down first and watch what happens , before we head back to protests. The protests are hindering the citizens, transportation fees keeps increasing, There is limitations to food and supplies transportation just because of all these , where are we heading to
Lol
This Yoruba people sef.
When the old Eastern region and Midwest were embroiled in the bloody civil war 1967 to 1970 y'all were going to cinema in Lagos, fast forward till now , crocodile smile in the SS and python dance in the SE, y'all were mocking us. Now it's ur time to taste small violence you're shouting like small girls. Better wise up and join the SS and SE for a better Nigeria.

11 Likes

Re: We Have Never Experienced This In Lagos Or South West . by madridguy(m): 9:31pm On Oct 21, 2020
About the Lekki Toll Gate Tragedy - Lucas Bashir

Since morning, I have been trying my best possible effort to get the identity of those who allegedly lost their lives yesterday. It should be understood that this is to authenticate the information one would disseminate and not a service to the government nor an attempt to debunk what happened between soldiers and protesters in Lekki.

Also, some people are unhappy because we have clarified that some people who were said to have died did not die. We were insulted for this patriotic service. Little do these people know how many lost sleep and the number of those in sorrow upon hearing the news of their loved ones.

WHAT WE CAN COMFIRM

Steve ABBEY did not die. His picture was circulated yesterday on twitter. He debunked the story himself. He is fine.

Eniola Badmus was allegedly shot in the stomach yesterday. The news is untrue, Eniola was not shot and is very fine.

Onyiye Francis has made clarification on a post by Yemi Alade about a man carrying a dead lady wrapped in Nigerian flag. She said that it was a movie they acted themed, "Heal our land, OH LORD!

Iraoya Godwin said he didn't die and there was a mix-up

Comrade Anthony Okechukwu did not die at the protest ground. He was not shot by the soldiers. He died in a motorcycle accident.

What we can substantiate is a news report from Punch. Lagos State Government, Babajide Sanwo-Olu visited the victims who were injured. You can check here:
https://twitter.com/MobilePunch/status/1318778267323781120?s=19

Please, If you have names of people who died and their pictures, forward them them Lucassamson24@gmail.com. Fake news kills faster than bullets.

You can insult me till I expose fake news against you.

Bashir Lucas Samson Lukman

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Have Never Experienced This In Lagos Or South West . by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:35pm On Oct 21, 2020
He tackled northerners (Shiites), he tackled Ndeltans (Avengers), he tackled easterners (ipob), and now he is tackling westerners (endsarsprotesters)!

4 Likes

Re: We Have Never Experienced This In Lagos Or South West . by Seriousgbege: 9:38pm On Oct 21, 2020
I can see them already viewing the thread , just a word from you and I will strike
Re: We Have Never Experienced This In Lagos Or South West . by oluwatosink: 9:44pm On Oct 21, 2020
In my ways to end genocide and massacre , this is an example of the replies I'm getting.

1 Like

Re: We Have Never Experienced This In Lagos Or South West . by oluwatosink: 9:53pm On Oct 21, 2020
I'm a Christain and I believe in Jesus Christ. Though I'm Yoruba , but my religion has shaped who I am. As a Christain , you don't believe in Violence and seek for vengeance. You can protests peacefully, but leave everything to God to fight for you.

2 Likes

Re: We Have Never Experienced This In Lagos Or South West . by Nigeriabiafra80: 9:53pm On Oct 21, 2020
After Peaceful protesters were killed
Politicians /APC apologist are now blaming a tribe for aiding the destruction
But they couldn’t condemn the killing
They are after property as people’s life don’t matter
Any body blaming any tribe for this
But,couldn’t condemn the killing
Are agents of this failed government,they are regrouping to start looting
Just as looting bind them together so as suffering bind us too
Let no one be fooled
I don’t encourage destroying of poverty
Yes we know the anger is much and can’t be controlled
Please let’s be guarded from those snakes we are fighting against,not to infiltrate us
Let all this apologist use their skills to persuade buhari to talk and dissolve sars
And not blaming any one
They are after property as people’s life don’t matter

We don’t care
We are resetting Nigeria
Their plans are now to set southerners against each other
Make we wise up
Re: We Have Never Experienced This In Lagos Or South West . by oluwatosink: 9:56pm On Oct 21, 2020
Or else the protests have other motives sponsored by other Anti-party, peoples against this government.
Re: We Have Never Experienced This In Lagos Or South West . by SoBright101: 10:28pm On Oct 21, 2020
Beware southerners. This is the time to know and understand the true identity of those who cause tribalism on here, they are payed agents, they are neither from east or west. They have more than twenty accounts, they would create tribal topics and make tribal comments with another accounts to cause chaos between southerners. Though, they have no conscience but you can try to educate them or better ignore them. They are easy to identify, use your head brothers. Beware.

3 Likes

Re: We Have Never Experienced This In Lagos Or South West . by 2by40ft: 10:36pm On Oct 21, 2020
I pray the west will quickly recover from this.
I'm very sure North ll be the first region to make a big step in dissolution of this country.

1 Like

Re: We Have Never Experienced This In Lagos Or South West . by Nobody: 10:38pm On Oct 21, 2020
Freedom doesn't come on platter of gold. Your parents failed to fight for their right, now the current generation is doing it for thier children. Be ready to bear the consequences.
oluwatosink:
If we want the dissolution of Nigeria, we can get it in a peaceful way. Enough of the killings in Nigeria generally , We need to calm down and solve things.

South West is the most region, hit with the protests, violence and destruction. Even at the moment I can't listen to my favourites radio station. Consider the jobs lost already to the radio presenters and other good Nigerians that had lost his/her jobs just because of the violence and destruction.
Re: We Have Never Experienced This In Lagos Or South West . by Nobody: 10:39pm On Oct 21, 2020
No ,they are fighting for what your parents failed to do.
oluwatosink:
Or else the protests have other motives sponsored by other Anti-party, peoples against this government.
Re: We Have Never Experienced This In Lagos Or South West . by oluwatosink: 10:50pm On Oct 21, 2020
ThisCouldBeUs:
Freedom doesn't come on platter of gold. Your parents failed to fight for their right, now the current generation is doing it for thier children. Be ready to bear the consequences.
My own point is that , we need to calm down in resolving this. We have passed 1966/77 ,Where we use war and killings in settling things . We are already getting UN recognition and the FG is currently on pressure . They are working to bring peace and give us our plea, but if the violence, killings and destructions keeps increasing then there will be lose of lives and properties etc...
Re: We Have Never Experienced This In Lagos Or South West . by oluwatosink: 10:53pm On Oct 21, 2020
ThisCouldBeUs:
No ,they are fighting for what your parents failed to do.
If other Anti party and people are not involve in this , then they should fight the right way, by avoiding war, destruction and revolution.
Re: We Have Never Experienced This In Lagos Or South West . by Nobody: 10:56pm On Oct 21, 2020
Our parents negotiated freedom, they didn't get it. You don't negotiate total freedom, you fight for it.
oluwatosink:

If other Anti party and people are not involve in this , then they should fight the way, by avoiding war and revolution.
Re: We Have Never Experienced This In Lagos Or South West . by Mcreloaded(m): 11:03pm On Oct 21, 2020
oluwatosink:
I'm a Christain and I believe in Jesus Christ. Though I'm Yoruba , but my religion has shaped who I am. As a Christain , you don't believe in Violence and seek for vengeance. You can protests peacefully, but leave everything to God to fight for you.

The kingdom of God suffereth violence and..........
Re: We Have Never Experienced This In Lagos Or South West . by oluwatosink: 11:07pm On Oct 21, 2020
Mcreloaded:

The kingdom of God suffereth violence and..........
That is not related here.

1 Share

Re: We Have Never Experienced This In Lagos Or South West . by Mcreloaded(m): 11:10pm On Oct 21, 2020
This is what you get when a wicked government like this takes hope away from human.

Before the protest there was no hope for millions of Nigerians so this is what you get when you take away hope.
Some greedy millionaires horded paliatives meant for the common man, can u imagine that.
Tinubu and other politicians are running away from the monsters they created.
Re: We Have Never Experienced This In Lagos Or South West . by smallJagaban: 11:15pm On Oct 21, 2020
check @dmightyangel timeline on twitter or @ogundamisi timeline on twitter for easy access.

Nnamdi Kanu instigated the attack in Lagos, check those handles on twitter, you will see all the clips there
Re: We Have Never Experienced This In Lagos Or South West . by oluwatosink: 11:16pm On Oct 21, 2020
Mcreloaded:
This is what you get when a wicked government like this takes hope away from human.

Before the protest there was no hope for millions of Nigerians so this is what you get when you take away hope.
Some greedy millionaires horded paliatives meant for the common man, can u imagine that.
Tinubu and other politicians are running away from the monsters they created.
We have every right to be angry at the greedy politicians , we've known them since , it's not today. We have to calm down and watch out how things turn out , before we protests/strike again. We need to avoid loss of lives, properties and revolution.
We need to learn from how ASUU and labour Congress protests for what they want and the government responds to their plea, With no violence.
Re: We Have Never Experienced This In Lagos Or South West . by Nobody: 11:22pm On Oct 21, 2020
madridguy:
About the Lekki Toll Gate Tragedy - Lucas Bashir

Since morning, I have been trying my best possible effort to get the identity of those who allegedly lost their lives yesterday. It should be understood that this is to authenticate the information one would disseminate and not a service to the government nor an attempt to debunk what happened between soldiers and protesters in Lekki.

Also, some people are unhappy because we have clarified that some people who were said to have died did not die. We were insulted for this patriotic service. Little do these people know how many lost sleep and the number of those in sorrow upon hearing the news of their loved ones.

WHAT WE CAN COMFIRM

Steve ABBEY did not die. His picture was circulated yesterday on twitter. He debunked the story himself. He is fine.

Eniola Badmus was allegedly shot in the stomach yesterday. The news is untrue, Eniola was not shot and is very fine.

Onyiye Francis has made clarification on a post by Yemi Alade about a man carrying a dead lady wrapped in Nigerian flag. She said that it was a movie they acted themed, "Heal our land, OH LORD!

Iraoya Godwin said he didn't die and there was a mix-up

Comrade Anthony Okechukwu did not die at the protest ground. He was not shot by the soldiers. He died in a motorcycle accident.

What we can substantiate is a news report from Punch. Lagos State Government, Babajide Sanwo-Olu visited the victims who were injured. You can check here:
https://twitter.com/MobilePunch/status/1318778267323781120?s=19

Please, If you have names of people who died and their pictures, forward them them Lucassamson24@gmail.com. Fake news kills faster than bullets.

You can insult me till I expose fake news against you.

Bashir Lucas Samson Lukman
oga ade, were protesters shot at at the tollgate yes or no, u are talking about this one did not die dat one did not die, but they were shot at abi, atleast we can agree on dat one. Revolution has come, we face it together.

1 Like

Re: We Have Never Experienced This In Lagos Or South West . by madridguy(m): 11:23pm On Oct 21, 2020
Please, If you have names of people who died and their pictures, forward them.

jerex55:

oga ade, were protesters shot at at the tollgate yes or no, u are talking about this one did not die dat one did not die, but they were shot at abi, atleast we can agree on dat one. Revolution has come, we face it together.
Re: We Have Never Experienced This In Lagos Or South West . by Mcreloaded(m): 11:30pm On Oct 21, 2020
oluwatosink:

We have every right to be angry at the greedy politicians , we've known them since , it's not today. We have to calm down and watch out how things turn out , before we protests/strike again. We need to avoid loss of lives, properties and revolution.
We need to learn from how ASUU and labour Congress protests for what they want and the government responds to their plea, With no violence.

If government wants peace, I can assure you that they know what to do.

The biggest mistake they made was to sponsor thugs like the case of Edo state to attack the protesters.

Do you think it was protesters that released prisoners in Edo state.

Like I said the government knows what to do to have peace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Have Never Experienced This In Lagos Or South West . by oluwatosink: 11:30pm On Oct 21, 2020
jerex55:

That's one of the main reason Nigerian Army attacked the hoodlums/rebels and painfully the protesters. Army dey vex on their own , they don't have the right to topple the govt , it's now the rebels and hoodlums that will now be doing that .
We all need to calm down.
Re: We Have Never Experienced This In Lagos Or South West . by plessis: 11:34pm On Oct 21, 2020
This people have serious backing.

The British government who are master political strategists are their advisors.

They have other Fulani presidents in other countries as allies. They can support the Fulanis in Nigeria with soldiers.

We cannot just confront them.
We made a big mistake. setting out for a protest without a contingency plan. Without a plan B. They hijacked it and made an advancement.

Before the deployment of the military, I'm sure they all sat down, put heads together and planned this thoroughly before executing it.

We have to sit down, analyze the situation, accept that we made a mistake, accept the losses and forgive ourselves(southerners) for being used by the them to hurt our fellow brothers.

We must come together and strategize.

These people have been strategizing for over 50years.

This is their game.

We must have a plan..

This is why they've always defeated us.

We have never had any plans.

Before we plan, we must come together.

We must unite.

Else, they will continue to defeat us with their queen, the military.

(1) (Reply)

Aguiyi Ironsi's Speech Announcing And Defending The Dismantling Of Regional Gov / Borno Farmers Killed By BokoHaram Didn’t Get Clearance To Work On Rice Fields-FG / The Striking Resemblance Between Nigeria And 'Animal Farm' Is Astonishing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.