Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,881 members, 7,828,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Any Programming Or Software Engineering Jobs? - Software/Programmer Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Software/Programmer Market / Any Programming Or Software Engineering Jobs? (4698 Views)

Any Programming Company In Osogbo / Software Engineering / Interested In Complete Program In Software Engineering & International It! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Programming Or Software Engineering Jobs? by rascal: 4:16pm On Jun 25, 2007
Can Programmers And Software Engineers Get Jobs?

Please, are there job oppourtinities for software engineers and programmers, and where can I apply?
Re: Any Programming Or Software Engineering Jobs? by yaro248(m): 7:04pm On Jun 25, 2007
Sorry man. But I see no reason for you to seek for job when u already have one at hand. But that's if you are a software engineer or a programmer.
Re: Any Programming Or Software Engineering Jobs? by NaijaDude(m): 12:14pm On Jun 26, 2007
yaro248, what does that imply ? how are u making money with ur programming knowledge and where ?
Re: Any Programming Or Software Engineering Jobs? by yaro248(m): 11:29pm On Jun 26, 2007
NaijaDude: Doesn't really matter where and how one makes money with programming knowledge, but as a programmer, one just have to think of programs to solve problems (like automation of offices as the case of Nigeria for instance, database applications, and more), being innovative. One also has to be an aggressive marketer of his programs.
Re: Any Programming Or Software Engineering Jobs? by Chiaka(f): 9:46am On Jun 27, 2007
There are lots of opportunity for any type of biz in Nigeria. many industries are yet to surface and blossom but as in any new thing, for runners (starter/investors) are needed and the starters often make the big names in the market. there are plenty of opportunity in software industry in Nigeria, many software needs if u believe in urself and have what it takes why not. start by working for someone then later on your own by training some hands to do the job. Many many opportunities. Thats what I'm into anyway here in Nigeria but I major in ERP softwares thats what I love doing.
Re: Any Programming Or Software Engineering Jobs? by DisGuy: 1:03pm On Jun 27, 2007
when you study programming in school make sure you study marketing too!! Nigerian companies outsource their problems instead of taking on graduates, when making decisions about course to study always remember the economy you are in wink
Re: Any Programming Or Software Engineering Jobs? by Seun(m): 10:53am On Jun 28, 2007
I was interested in software development as a young kid and my interest remains strong, but I have grown almost too lazy to do any actual coding, although I've been playing with python for a few weeks now. I think that, while we all like to imagine ourselves to be programmers, the real jobs available are database, network and system admin jobs! The real opportunity is not in writing new software but in managing and customizing existing software. wink
Re: Any Programming Or Software Engineering Jobs? by markesh(m): 3:39pm On Jun 28, 2007
Well, with an initial investment of $0.00, a running cost of $100 a year, I'm making about $100.000 a year selling software I developed myself. So it's not hard, you just need to be a bit creative with the type of software you choose to develop. And of course, be prepared to work hard to really know your stuff.
Re: Any Programming Or Software Engineering Jobs? by Elgaxton(m): 4:47pm On Jun 28, 2007
markesh:

Well, with an initial investment of $0.00, a running cost of $100 a year, I'm making about $100.000 a year selling software I developed myself. So it's not hard, you just need to be a bit creative with the type of software you choose to develop. And of course, be prepared to work hard to really know your stuff.
, did u do that in nigeria?

Seun is very right, !
Re: Any Programming Or Software Engineering Jobs? by rookie(m): 9:04pm On Jun 28, 2007
I think that, while we all like to imagine ourselves to be programmers, the real jobs available are database, network and system admin jobs!

So for example, if Nairaland grows dramatically and decide to diversify (say like google), won't more programmers be needed to develop several (custom web\stand-alone) applications to meet increasing need efficently?

The real opportunity is not in writing new software but in managing and customizing existing software.

I somewhat disagree,

Incase, you are speaking in terms of only Nigeria, I can understand, but I think it's only a matter of time - the need for proprietary enterprise applications will increase. There is also a limit to how well a customizable softwares can cater to an enterprise's software need

Custom Enterprise solution
Ready-made software often cater for more generic scenarios whereas a lot of time, enterprise solutions often demand custom\proprietary applications to cater for areas that are difficult to handle with off-the-shelf softwares. I know this because I have been in the business for a while, and If you ask software developers with several years of industry experience they tell you something similar.

software License\ maintenace cost -
This is inevitable if it isn't yet an issue in Nigeria. The cost of foreign software can easily out-way reasonable budgets of local-based companies (due to varying cost of labor within different geographic locations, e.g say equally skilled programmers in india, Nigeria resp. earn: $35K - $45K, and $25k - $35k). Thus, Nigeria will\should ultimately capitalize on the cost-of-labor factor by developing its software industry.
Re: Any Programming Or Software Engineering Jobs? by Chiaka(f): 10:04am On Jun 29, 2007
Rookie, Seun, markesh read through all your comment. u all right. Developing your personal software and hoping to sell it in Nigeria in most cases will not take you far, u need to put in too much of effort, the main difficulty you'll have is trust. To gain trust venture into a universal(more known) industries based softwares, become a pro in it and learn to customise it in a way that you could tune the software to meet customer requirements. gain client trust and afterward when u come u with your own in house software which could be an addon to an existing known software or just on its own, then you'll be listened to . And the comment by[b] Dis Guy[/b] that Nigerian companies outsource there problems is true and a very sorry case. Its the reason we are a bit backward the sooner we start believing in ourselves the better. The sooner we start prefering and empowering Nigerians like us doing some so called more skilled jobs for us the better.
Re: Any Programming Or Software Engineering Jobs? by charles4te(m): 11:37am On Jun 29, 2007
Hello, am a new member to this site.
How can i send a topic for people to view.
Awaiting ur reply.

Thanks.
Re: Any Programming Or Software Engineering Jobs? by taofeekcom(m): 4:57pm On Jun 29, 2007
hello charles4te ,
welcome to nairaland,to send a topic for people t see,just click on the SEND TOPIC botton beside REPLY botton below the messages k.

good lock
Re: Any Programming Or Software Engineering Jobs? by taofeekcom(m): 4:59pm On Jun 29, 2007
hello charles4te ,
welcome to nairaland,to send a topic for people t see,just click on  the SEND TOPIC botton beside REPLY botton below the messages k.                          

good luck. smiley
Re: Any Programming Or Software Engineering Jobs? by chrisibu(m): 4:30pm On Dec 14, 2007
Please which univeristy in nigeria can someone obtain a bachelor degree in software engineering?
Re: Any Programming Or Software Engineering Jobs? by tems777: 5:12pm On Dec 14, 2007
hi guys im new to this website but I need to know how to post new topic. despite reading the help and all I just cant figure it out to think that im a software engineer it makes me wonder!!!
anyways I also need to link up with software developers/programmers most preferably using microsoft products c#,vb.net,asp.net and MS SQL and the works. and living IN NIGERIA.
I am pl;anning some projects for next year and this is genuine opportunity for pips who think they are good. it wont start before June/July but it surely is genuine
any pips interested in software testing as well please
please contact me on ok@yahoo.co.uk
im a middle level software Engineer with a multi-national here in UK just in case, and I work with microsoft tools but I also have interest in other ones c++,java, and the works
please reply
love you all smiley

1 Like

Re: Any Programming Or Software Engineering Jobs? by Seun(m): 3:18am On Jul 21, 2008
Most software projects in real life tend to be rather boring corporate projects, too. :d
Re: Any Programming Or Software Engineering Jobs? by candylips(m): 2:12pm On Jul 21, 2008
Who told you corporate projects are boring
Re: Any Programming Or Software Engineering Jobs? by Seun(m): 10:12pm On Jul 21, 2008
I find them boring because most of the time you find yourself
solving problems that have been solved many times over.
Re: Any Programming Or Software Engineering Jobs? by malone5923(m): 11:53pm On Jul 21, 2008
Most software projects in real life tend to be rather boring corporate projects, too. :d
I guess you want to be nicknamed the thread reviver that topic is 2007 we are in 2008 at least you are not as bad as the poster of 'programmer and non-programmer ' it took the guy 2 years to reply the thread still makes me laugh grin
Re: Any Programming Or Software Engineering Jobs? by JeffHoust: 11:59pm On Oct 21, 2010
Anybody looking for any software engineering jobs should check out Akamai's jobs page. 

They are hiring all over the country in major cities.
Re: Any Programming Or Software Engineering Jobs? by dheavydee: 9:28am On Sep 26, 2011
Are you at home with programming languages such as php, java, and c+ ? Then do take up contact with me. I may have a very interesting offer for you. email:dheavydee@gmail.com. Please include your work experience and skill level in your contact email. Thanks
Re: Any Programming Or Software Engineering Jobs? by udswagz: 7:50pm On Mar 22, 2012
We help startups and small business create intuitive and beatiful websites and web applications
and custom ecommerce sites. We also develop mobile apps.

www.udonline.net

Some sites we have completed
www.helonyconcept.com
www.chypesfrontline.com
www.botosoftechnologies.com
www.kasemart.com [e-commerce]

The most recent Android app we just published on Google play store

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dmasnig.udcreate

contact us via: www.udonline.net

we want to help design your next big idea !

(1) (Reply)

Work-at-home Programming Vacancy Available At Webclick! Apply Now / A Freelance Web Developer In Need Of Jobs. Please Help! / Hysys (process Simulation) In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.