Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,484 members, 7,812,505 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

I Want The Nigerian Catholic To Defend Pope Now - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Want The Nigerian Catholic To Defend Pope Now (694 Views)

Killings: It’s Fire For Fire’, Adeboye Asks Followers To Defend Themselves / Nigerian Catholic Bishops Meet With Pope Francis At The Vatican. Photos / Is It Good For A Catholic To Burn Sandalwood Incense? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want The Nigerian Catholic To Defend Pope Now by waldigit: 9:35am On Oct 22, 2020
Re: I Want The Nigerian Catholic To Defend Pope Now by agbolahan1991(m): 9:51am On Oct 22, 2020
Am sorry my Catholics brothers n sisters....
Does that mean Catholics have always supported gays n lesbian for a long time....
Re: I Want The Nigerian Catholic To Defend Pope Now by martooski(m): 11:24am On Oct 22, 2020
The Catholic Church DOES NOT Accept Same Sex Marriage:

+ The demand for Same Sex Marriage is not a demand for marriage to be extended to our gay brothers and sisters but for marriage to be redefined so that it is no longer linked to the begetting and raising of children by their natural parents.

So, in turning marriage into a mere partnership, the law render marriage largely Meaningless, and makes it less likely that children will be raised in ways that best suits them.

+ The slogan "Equal Marriage" implies equality of access to the same institution; in fact, in means Overthrowing the Institution, making marriage Equal to Non-marital Relationships.

+ The Church believes the state should continue to promote conjugal marriage, not because it disapproves of our gay brothers and sisters or rejects any particular group in society, but because it believes Marriage is a Conjugal Institution that the state should promote and protect for the sake of society and above all of Children.

+ Same Sex Marriage enshrines in law the Idea that the Gender is incidental to marriage and the raising of children, such that all those who believe otherwise become vulnerable to the accusation that they are promoting discrimination and prejudice.
Re: I Want The Nigerian Catholic To Defend Pope Now by waldigit: 6:15pm On Oct 23, 2020
martooski:
The Catholic Church DOES NOT Accept Same Sex Marriage:

+ The demand for Same Sex Marriage is not a demand for marriage to be extended to our gay brothers and sisters but for marriage to be redefined so that it is no longer linked to the begetting and raising of children by their natural parents.

So, in turning marriage into a mere partnership, the law render marriage largely Meaningless, and makes it less likely that children will be raised in ways that best suits them.

+ The slogan "Equal Marriage" implies equality of access to the same institution; in fact, in means Overthrowing the Institution, making marriage Equal to Non-marital Relationships.

+ The Church believes the state should continue to promote conjugal marriage, not because it disapproves of our gay brothers and sisters or rejects any particular group in society, but because it believes Marriage is a Conjugal Institution that the state should promote and protect for the sake of society and above all of Children.

+ Same Sex Marriage enshrines in law the Idea that the Gender is incidental to marriage and the raising of children, such that all those who believe otherwise become vulnerable to the accusation that they are promoting discrimination and prejudice.
I sincerely do hope you understand Pope's position. Remember by virtue of his office he can't be questioned.
Re: I Want The Nigerian Catholic To Defend Pope Now by waldigit: 6:18pm On Oct 23, 2020
Pope Francis has said that he thinks same-sex couples should be allowed to have "civil unions".

He made the comments, which observers say are his clearest remarks yet on gay relationships, in a documentary directed by Evgeny Afineevsky.

"Homosexual people have a right to be in a family," he said in the film, which premiered on Wednesday.

"They are children of God and have a right to a family. Nobody should be thrown out or made miserable over it.

"What we have to create is a civil union law. That way they are legally covered."
Re: I Want The Nigerian Catholic To Defend Pope Now by Kobojunkie: 7:55pm On Oct 23, 2020
agbolahan1991:
Am sorry my Catholics brothers n sisters....
Does that mean Catholics have always supported gays n lesbian for a long time....
No! Even when the church had a sitting Pope who was a practising homosexual, he refused to endorse homosexuality still, probably believed he was God-sanctioned. Now the church pretty much has little or no option but to endorse the rights of homosexuals - the world has changed and so must the church.

That said, God Almighty has never been against the sinners of this world since He loves us all. Jesus Christ wined and dined with sinners while He was here on earth and did not attack them or push them away or inhibit them in any way since He came to save and not to condemn them.
Re: I Want The Nigerian Catholic To Defend Pope Now by petra1(m): 10:38pm On Oct 23, 2020
Maybe the Pope doesn't study the Bible.

Romans 1:27
And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Jesus come quickly
Re: I Want The Nigerian Catholic To Defend Pope Now by MuttleyLaff: 3:39am On Oct 24, 2020
petra1:
Start with yourself, 2 Timothy 2:15 walk the talk, practice what you preach. I insist, for a change, that you take the Bible and Bible study it seriously.

petra1:
And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
I reiterate, read the Bible in context so that to obey 2 Timothy 2:15 and be in a position to "rightly divide the word of truth" in Romans 1:27.

It is inexcusable as there's no need to proof-text scripture like you relish in doing and with trying to make Romans 1:27 mean now, what it did not mean back then and not in its original text.

petra1:
... Jesus come quickly
For you to have a lot of explaining to do
Re: I Want The Nigerian Catholic To Defend Pope Now by martooski(m): 6:25am On Oct 24, 2020
waldigit:

I sincerely do hope you understand Pope's position. Remember by virtue of his office he can't be questioned.

When did the pope make that decision.

And the church hasn't changed its stand on Gays.

Prove me wrong
Re: I Want The Nigerian Catholic To Defend Pope Now by petra1(m): 3:20pm On Oct 24, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Start with yourself, 2 Timothy 2:15 walk the talk, practice what you preach. I insist, for a change, that you take the Bible and Bible study it seriously.

I reiterate, read the Bible in context so that to obey 2 Timothy 2:15 and be in a position to "rightly divide the word of truth" in Romans 1:27.

It is inexcusable as there's no need to proof-text scripture like you relish in doing and with trying to make Romans 1:27 mean now, what it did not mean back then and not in its original text.

For you to have a lot of explaining to do

Just tell me you love me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want The Nigerian Catholic To Defend Pope Now by MuttleyLaff: 3:42pm On Oct 24, 2020
petra1:
Just tell me you love me.
[img]https://s1/images/MuttAmin.gif[/img]
Fishing for honeyed words are we now, hmm?
OK, bro, love you to death die, lmso. Happy now?
Mrs petra1, come and see your husband ooo, lmso.
Do not 1 Corinthians 7:5 deprive him of hearing the magical "love you" words coming from you nah, lmso.
Re: I Want The Nigerian Catholic To Defend Pope Now by Tochj(m): 4:49pm On Oct 24, 2020
Tom.5:16;God commended his love towards us.
While we're yet sinners,Christ died for us.
Sin is sin.
God loves sinners Homosexuals included.
Gods love accommodates all.
While we continue to preach to them to repent,we shouldn't push them away.
Re: I Want The Nigerian Catholic To Defend Pope Now by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:15pm On Oct 24, 2020
God promised to exterminate people who engage in so many acts detestable to him.
© People who engage in casual sex.
© Extramarital sex
© Dirty habits like drug abuse
© Lustful:- masturbation
© Idolatry
© Witchcraft:- spiritism
© Hostility
© Strife
© Jealousy
© Fits of anger
© Dissension
© Division
© Sect
© Envy
© Drunkenness
© Murder
© Wild parties

So it's not humans who will do the judging but God!
The only difference is in the midst of true Christians such should be squashed as in before a person becomes a member of the Christian congregation he/she should know that Christianity will not accept him/her to offer sacred service in the midst of God's people!

Of course such a person lives until God's Kingdom come to do it's job! Galatians 5:19-21 smiley
Re: I Want The Nigerian Catholic To Defend Pope Now by Lightangel65: 5:54pm On Oct 24, 2020
petra1:

Jesus come quickly

The same God told us to love our enemies, if you guys truely read the bible and not pick parts that suit your actions, you would know that if jesus was still alive he won't treat homosexuals like filthy things he would befriend them and try to save them
Re: I Want The Nigerian Catholic To Defend Pope Now by petra1(m): 2:27am On Oct 25, 2020
Lightangel65:

The same God told us to love our enemies,

An homosexual is not an enemy. The devil is the enemy . The homomosexual is his victims just as a Pedophile is a victim and a Bestial

if you guys truely read the bible and not pick parts that suit your actions, you would know that if jesus was still alive he won't treat homosexuals like filthy things he would befriend them and try to save them

What we do is to help them cast the spirit out. We only talk so that they can know that the affection they have is not natural as they think . And those who came to be free got free by prayer when the sprit responsible is cast out
Re: I Want The Nigerian Catholic To Defend Pope Now by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:30am On Oct 25, 2020
The bolded is a big fat lie Sir!
Jesus is a Jew, born bread and brought up in the midst of a nation that God's word has trained to detest homosexuality! Leviticus 18:22
So don't ever think such a thing could be accepted in the midst of God's people talkless for God's only begotten Son to have such filthy things around him! Psalms 1:1-3
The Pharisees and Saddusees have developed their own tradition and made it rules within the Jewish community in the first century, that's what Jesus was telling the people that it's burdensome {Matthew 11:28-30} not the clear rules God made {Matthew 5:17} that's why the Apostles he chose {Act 9:15; 1Timothy 2:7} could condemn homosexuality completely! 1Corinthians 6:9
Thanks! smiley
Lightangel65:

The same God told us to love our enemies, if you guys truely read the bible and not pick parts that suit your actions, you would know that if jesus was still alive he won't treat homosexuals like filthy things he would befriend them and try to save them
Re: I Want The Nigerian Catholic To Defend Pope Now by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:57am On Oct 25, 2020
Just as by virtue of the office of Jewish Highpriests in the first century, but does that makes him God's representative?
NO!
Your Pope may be everything to you but before other religionsists he's just the leader of a group who doesn't take God's word seriously! Leviticus 18:22, 1Corinthians 6:9 undecided
God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah with fire means homosexuality is evil in God's sight! embarassed
waldigit:

Re: I Want The Nigerian Catholic To Defend Pope Now by Kobojunkie: 4:19am On Oct 25, 2020
waldigit:

By virtue his office can't be questioned? what virtue? The office of the president of the United States gets questioned but not that of a pope, a man who is no different from any other man?? shocked shocked
Re: I Want The Nigerian Catholic To Defend Pope Now by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 25, 2020
Kobojunkie:
No! Even when the church had a sitting Pope who was a practising homosexual, he refused to endorse homosexuality still, probably believed he was God-sanctioned. Now the church pretty much has little or no option but to endorse the rights of homosexuals - the world has changed and so must the church.

That said, God Almighty has never been against the sinners of this world since He loves us all. Jesus Christ wined and dined with sinners while He was here on earth and did not attack them or push them away or inhibit them in any way since He came to save and not to condemn them.

The world has changed so must the church? Are you a Christian?
Re: I Want The Nigerian Catholic To Defend Pope Now by Nobody: 8:03am On Oct 25, 2020
petra1:

Jesus come quickly

Just like many dubious "Christians", they go blind to any part of the scriptures that doesn't agree with their narratives.
Re: I Want The Nigerian Catholic To Defend Pope Now by IamWonderful: 8:59am On Oct 25, 2020
Ok
Re: I Want The Nigerian Catholic To Defend Pope Now by orisa37: 9:34am On Oct 25, 2020
NO. THOU SHALL NOT JUDGE OTHERS. ONLY GOD JUDGES.
Re: I Want The Nigerian Catholic To Defend Pope Now by ABOVEDELAW: 10:39am On Oct 25, 2020
I DON'T KNOW WHY IT'S DIFFICULT FOR PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND WHAT THE POPE SAID. HE WAS ONLY SAYING THAT WE SHOULD NOT CAST OUR RELATIVES AND FRIENDS AWAY BECAUSE THEY ARE GAY, THEY HAVE RIGHT TO A FAMILY.
Re: I Want The Nigerian Catholic To Defend Pope Now by Kobojunkie: 8:19pm On Oct 25, 2020
ABOVEDELAW:
I DON'T KNOW WHY IT'S DIFFICULT FOR PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND WHAT THE POPE SAID. HE WAS ONLY SAYING THAT WE SHOULD NOT CAST OUR RELATIVES AND FRIENDS AWAY BECAUSE THEY ARE GAY, THEY HAVE RIGHT TO A FAMILY.
If they have a right to family, does that not mean they are allowed to have a union of their own defining? undecided

(1) (Reply)

If You Were The Creator, What Would You Do To A Rebellious Creation? / I'm Proud To Be Called Your Wife- Seun celebrates Seun / Where Will Babies That Died Go To, Heaven Or Hell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.