Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,194 members, 7,829,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Umahi Proscribes ASUU, NASU In Ebonyi, Directs Immediate Commencement Of Lecture - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Umahi Proscribes ASUU, NASU In Ebonyi, Directs Immediate Commencement Of Lecture (27668 Views)

Strike: Ibrahim Gambari Wades In, Summons ASUU, NASU, Others / EKSU Governing Council Proscribes Union Activities, Shuts Down School / LAUTECH Proscribes Indiscriminate Parking Of Vehicles On Its Campuses The Secur (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Umahi Proscribes ASUU, NASU In Ebonyi, Directs Immediate Commencement Of Lecture by Junior66(m): 12:03pm On Oct 22, 2020
okpalaAnambra:
Good one Umahi.. Okezie are you seeing your mates?
Bello did same in kogi.. ASUU is useless to states.. If ASUU hadn't been on strike the youths won't be available to cause carnage
Bello now has percentage salaries to staff and they can't challenge him because ASUU is dead there. In addition promoted lecturers are still on their former pay. My cousin was an assistant lecturer when Bello came, he has now been promoted twice to lecturer I yet he still receives the salary of an assistant lecturer, he is even sure for senior lecturer already. Most teaching staff of the school ate now assistant lecturer rank, the senior ones refused to cooperate and were sent away. There is nothing good about ending ASUU.
Re: Umahi Proscribes ASUU, NASU In Ebonyi, Directs Immediate Commencement Of Lecture by Sarita01(f): 12:12pm On Oct 22, 2020
Niceman12:

El-rufai does same long ago. KASU has since resume to school.
Nope,kasu just wanna write exams,they'll close for the ASUU strike after exams.they didn't join the strike when it initially started,they wanted writing exams before joining the ongoing strike.no school is open in kd apart from unity schools,only ss2,pri 6 and jss2 are going to school right now,even their polytechnics are yet to resume

2 Likes

Re: Umahi Proscribes ASUU, NASU In Ebonyi, Directs Immediate Commencement Of Lecture by Nwadiuto247: 12:19pm On Oct 22, 2020
helinues:

And yet they want to be collecting salary for months they did not work for?

Except if the EBSU lecturers have secured new job at a filling station, tell them not to resume

See how low you reason.

If ASUU goes on strike for 8 months, they will still cover the 8 months curriculum when they resume so why should they not be paid?
Don't be so daft

1 Like

Re: Umahi Proscribes ASUU, NASU In Ebonyi, Directs Immediate Commencement Of Lecture by comrChris(m): 12:22pm On Oct 22, 2020
Joker
EBSU was even on strike before the general ASUU strike
Let's see how he will win this battle
Re: Umahi Proscribes ASUU, NASU In Ebonyi, Directs Immediate Commencement Of Lecture by OdefaGirl(f): 12:25pm On Oct 22, 2020
Factfinder1:
Northerners, the end protests is not against Buhari or the north, it's against bad government and police brutality, don't let anyone breed hate among us using religion or tribe, we just want the killings, kidnappings, extrajudicial killings etc to stop all over Nigeria... I don’t know why y’all think we’re fighting against the north...

Oil dey your head.....I wonder the kind of "tribalistic" soap they use in washing some people's brain.
Re: Umahi Proscribes ASUU, NASU In Ebonyi, Directs Immediate Commencement Of Lecture by Jman06(m): 12:32pm On Oct 22, 2020
That's a governor that thinks!

Meanwhile, ASUU lecturers may become the next targets of EndSARS protest if they fail to put on their thinking caps and do the needful at this moment.
Re: Umahi Proscribes ASUU, NASU In Ebonyi, Directs Immediate Commencement Of Lecture by EMMY76: 12:34pm On Oct 22, 2020
Is this not too authoritarian how can ebonyi lecturers be cut off from their colleagues in Nigeria? Gov.umahi is working no doubt about that but his political romance with buhari and the apc will surely destroy all his great achievements and legacies in ebonyi he needs to learn from tinibu, apkabio, rochas etc.
Re: Umahi Proscribes ASUU, NASU In Ebonyi, Directs Immediate Commencement Of Lecture by LoveThemChubby(m): 12:54pm On Oct 22, 2020
PraiselyPraise:
Which brand of ogogoro this man dey take?
Right on point. I couldn't think of a better one. Some of these politicians have mental issues.
Re: Umahi Proscribes ASUU, NASU In Ebonyi, Directs Immediate Commencement Of Lecture by maste: 2:36pm On Oct 22, 2020
Truly common sense is not so common. Tell the governor of Ebonyi State that a day consists of 24 hours so how can you impose 48 hours curfew. You imposed the curfew then asked students to return to school. Will be flying to school and back?
Re: Umahi Proscribes ASUU, NASU In Ebonyi, Directs Immediate Commencement Of Lecture by emexc11(m): 3:17pm On Oct 22, 2020
Matrimonous:
Acting above his powers.
Something no president had ever tried that I know.
Why do I think he doesn't have sense?
Thank God he is bringing out his real self for Nigeria and the world to see.
Imagine at this time that everybody is shouting and crying because of high cost of everything, the tyrant is forcing the staff that are buying from the same market like every other Nigerian to forfeit a percentage of there salaries while he never removed a dime from his monthly security vault.
That was exactly how he also threatened the judiciary staff and failed.
Let him make sure that he used the AFDB loan judiciously because people are watching and the judgement time is near.
Re: Umahi Proscribes ASUU, NASU In Ebonyi, Directs Immediate Commencement Of Lecture by emexc11(m): 3:23pm On Oct 22, 2020
Junior66:

Bello now has percentage salaries to staff and they can't challenge him because ASUU is dead there. In addition promoted lecturers are still on their former pay. My cousin was an assistant lecturer when Bello came, he has now been promoted twice to lecturer I yet he still receives the salary of an assistant lecturer, he is even sure for senior lecturer already. Most teaching staff of the school ate now assistant lecturer rank, the senior ones refused to cooperate and were sent away. There is nothing good about ending ASUU.
Umahi is becoming too autocratic for my liking
Re: Umahi Proscribes ASUU, NASU In Ebonyi, Directs Immediate Commencement Of Lecture by suremanpatriot: 3:53pm On Oct 22, 2020
IDLE YOUTHs AND HUNGRY PPL ARE DEVILS WORSHOP...YOUR 6MONTHS LOCKDOWN CAUSED PPL THE BUSINESSES LOSSES AND STUDENT DON LOSE THEIR HEADS TO HARD DRUGS.GOD REDEEM NAIJA TODAY.
SANWO OLU STIL LOCKING SHOPS IN LAGOS. NDI ALA! NDI OSHI NA GOVT

WE WARNED YOU FG IN MARCH OF D CONSEQUENCES OF PROLONGED 6MONTHS LOCKDOWN IN AILING ECONOMY BUT YU REFUSE TO LISTEN WHILE YU DRINK TEA IN YA EVIL MANSIONS,MUSDAFA AND IHEKWAZOO WEY THEY LOCKDOWN Go CARRY THE CATACATA YOU CAUSED NATIONWIDE.

1 Like

Re: Umahi Proscribes ASUU, NASU In Ebonyi, Directs Immediate Commencement Of Lecture by Babaken(m): 4:21pm On Oct 22, 2020
State madness
Re: Umahi Proscribes ASUU, NASU In Ebonyi, Directs Immediate Commencement Of Lecture by DrTims(m): 6:07pm On Oct 22, 2020
That's it
samuelpeters:

Thank you.
I'm in support of ASUU especially those in federal universites. but i don't seem to understand why ASUU in state universites are on strike( for solidarity?). Since they know fully well, solutions to their problems rest with their respective state governments.
Re: Umahi Proscribes ASUU, NASU In Ebonyi, Directs Immediate Commencement Of Lecture by SexytorresE(f): 9:38pm On Oct 22, 2020
No time to read nonsense epistles pls .
Re: Umahi Proscribes ASUU, NASU In Ebonyi, Directs Immediate Commencement Of Lecture by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 22, 2020
He should tell his first son to organize a tutorial for the students.
Re: Umahi Proscribes ASUU, NASU In Ebonyi, Directs Immediate Commencement Of Lecture by Rootzy: 2:17am On Oct 23, 2020
Jman06:
That's a governor that thinks!

Meanwhile, ASUU lecturers may become the next targets of EndSARS protest if they fail to put on their thinking caps and do the needful at this moment.

If you have parents that are at least teachers, then you won't sit behind your device to type this rubbish. Youths were dissatisfied with SARS and decided to protest. What makes you think lecturers don't have the right to strike when allowances of some have not been paid since 2009. Now, you are the one who needs to put on your #thinking cap"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Engineering Students Chatroom / South African Lady Celebrates Househelp Who Graduated With Degree In Psychology / Man Resigns From Banking To Be A Teacher, Donates Desks To School (Pix, VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.