Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,568 members, 7,861,708 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:28 PM

HELP! How much Does This Thing Cost (PIC) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / HELP! How much Does This Thing Cost (PIC) (1053 Views)

Please What Does This Alert Light On My Dash Board Mean? / Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? / How Much Does It Actually Cost To Get A Drivers License In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP! How much Does This Thing Cost (PIC) by Stubborn82: 11:36am On Oct 22, 2020
Hi Carlanders, am having problem with my rpm not exceeding 3000rpm, I went for scanning, we find out is the vtec solenoid that is the culprit.

We try to remove one from another EOD to test on my own, and my car rpm did just fine.

I want to know how much is it cost to get new one or Belgium.

Is there any body in Abuja who sells it. Thank you

Re: HELP! How much Does This Thing Cost (PIC) by calculation(m): 9:05pm On Oct 22, 2020
Do one thing, check the location where the part was removed, Is there oil spillage down before it was removed? Also did you test the pressure switch if there is partial failure?
Try and conduct confirmatory test before condemn the part shown.

2 Likes

Re: HELP! How much Does This Thing Cost (PIC) by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 22, 2020
calculation:
Do one thing, check the location where the part was removed, Is there oil spillage down before it was removed? Also did you test the pressure switch if there is partial failure?
Try and conduct confirmatory test before condemn the part shown.
just tell him how much it cost

2 Likes

Re: HELP! How much Does This Thing Cost (PIC) by calculation(m): 7:15pm On Oct 24, 2020
danielconstant:
just tell him how much it cost
Oga, am not a part seller and only suggest based on my experienced with the part mentioned.
Re: HELP! How much Does This Thing Cost (PIC) by adanny01(m): 10:15pm On Oct 24, 2020
What was the scanned code?

The code determines what is wrong. There are 3 categories, stuck on/off, oil switch and solenoid.

I get the stuck on or off anytime I wash my engine. The solution i found recently is to gently tap the sensor while engine is running.

I have changed a leaking vtec oil switch before, got the switch 1.5k and still using.

The solenoid hardly fails unless there is a wiring issue. It is changeable.

I have also changed the strainer/seal, the sensor likes leaking with a bad strainer seal.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Having Engine Issues With Your Nissan Maxima???? / Help Needed On 3rd Generation Nissan Altima / High Fuel Consumption On Camry '96 Model (pencil Lights)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.