Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,589 members, 7,837,218 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

President Buhari's Speach Suspends Curfew Nationwide. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari's Speach Suspends Curfew Nationwide. (860 Views)

Makinde Suspends Curfew For Crossover Nights In Oyo / EndSARS Protests: Enugu Government Suspends Curfew / Governor Oyetola Suspends Curfew In Osun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari's Speach Suspends Curfew Nationwide. by sidonlook: 9:18pm On Oct 22, 2020
The president's speach

" 24. I therefore call on our youths to discontinue the street protests and constructively engage government in finding solutions. Your voice has been heard loud and clear and we are responding.

25. And I call on all Nigerians to go about their normal businesses, and enjoin security agencies to protect lives and properties of all law abiding citizens without doing harm to those they are meant to protect. Let me pay tribute to officers of the Nigeria Police Force who have tragically lost their lives in the line of duty."

I wish fellow NL member to analyse the statement frombthe president's Speach above,
considering our federal constitution and issues of concurrent jurisdiction .

Different state governors have declared curfew and the president's speach at no. 24 and 25 specifically call on Nigerian to go about their normal business and enjoined security agencies to protected lives and properties of all law abiding citizens without doing harm to those they are meant to protect.

It means president Buhari has lifted all current curfews imposed by various state governors.

What is your thought on this.
Re: President Buhari's Speach Suspends Curfew Nationwide. by Xscape1993(m): 9:20pm On Oct 22, 2020
Was he the one that started the protest?

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's Speach Suspends Curfew Nationwide. by sidonlook: 9:33pm On Oct 22, 2020
Xscape1993:
Was he the one that started the protest?

Do we need to wait for the governor of Lagos to lift the curfew after the much awaited presidential Speach has directed all Nigerians to go about their businesses?

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's Speach Suspends Curfew Nationwide. by 22gist14(m): 10:41pm On Oct 22, 2020
the broadcast we watched was made even before the protest became violent so the need for curfew.

see he said nothing about lekki toll gate shooting..
pre-recorded broadcast as usual

if you want use your hand lift the curfew try am na we da here da look you

bye
Re: President Buhari's Speach Suspends Curfew Nationwide. by sidonlook: 11:15pm On Oct 22, 2020
22gist14:
the broadcast we watched was made even before the protest became violent so the need for curfew.

see he said nothing about lekki toll gate shooting..
pre-recorded broadcast as usual

if you want use your hand lift the curfew try am na we da here da look you

bye

I want us to resume the protest as soon as possible.

The curfew has been lifted.
Re: President Buhari's Speach Suspends Curfew Nationwide. by Xscape1993(m): 9:20am On Oct 23, 2020
sidonlook:

Do we need to wait for the governor of Lagos to lift the curfew after the much awaited presidential Speach has directed all Nigerians to go about their businesses?
I think we can go out now.

(1) (Reply)

Is Sadiya Farouq Vindicated? / Oyilgbo Is A Shadow Of It Self (VIDEO) / Why Are All Northern Leaders Knighted B4 Nigeria Independence In 1960

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.