Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,226 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

Is Biggie Really The Greatest? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Is Biggie Really The Greatest? (1790 Views)

Is Eminem Really The Rap God? / Biggie Brown- Retun My Money(chop My Money Remix) / Tupac Vs Biggie And The Bad Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Biggie Really The Greatest? by tosinaded(m): 12:27pm On Mar 09, 2011
ok so i started a war on twitter about Biggie not being the greatest grin

Is it just a band Wagon effect on rap lovers, or is it because he was killed. . . if not How on earth can he be the greatest ever?
Yes he was a brilliant rapper back then, but the greatest? Never. . .
Re: Is Biggie Really The Greatest? by 04kaa: 12:30pm On Mar 09, 2011
Dry topic started by a dull brain, no wonder nobody don respond. na like this them dey start topic.,.? oshi oda grin grin
Re: Is Biggie Really The Greatest? by tosinaded(m): 12:43pm On Mar 09, 2011
i really dont get it, is it that No rapper alive or dead is/was better than Biggie?

are his albums the best ever rap albums till date?

@04ka i see
Re: Is Biggie Really The Greatest? by 04kaa: 1:21pm On Mar 09, 2011
tosinaded@:

i really dont get it, is it that No rapper alive or dead is/was better than Biggie?

are his albums the best ever rap albums till date?

@04ka i see

thats not the point tosin, the thing is there has not been any rapper that can match the kind of skills biggie had. especially freestyling and spitting
Re: Is Biggie Really The Greatest? by McCoy91(m): 1:24pm On Mar 09, 2011
Yes, in my opinion, no other rapper dead or alive is as good. He is the goat
Re: Is Biggie Really The Greatest? by rapjunkie(m): 3:51pm On Mar 09, 2011
biggie is so overhyped, its untrue.

yes he was a great mc, GOAT?, gimmie me break
Re: Is Biggie Really The Greatest? by Bamsyle2(m): 4:29pm On Mar 09, 2011
Not the Greatest, but the Best . . . the Best cos of how he said the thangs he said - his delivery/attitude and flows especially. Biggie was master of the flows.

The Greatest?? Gotta be 2pac . . . the Greatest cos of the things he said - he not only covered a variety of subjects, he had a unique way of getting his message across in a free, no-holds-barred, and heartfelt manner.
Re: Is Biggie Really The Greatest? by rapjunkie(m): 5:46pm On Mar 09, 2011
One thing I must admit is that till today, some of Biggie's flow doesn't sound dated, while tupacs flow does. probably cos biggie's flow was so unique.

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ27AM3RTv8?fs=1&hl=en_GB" type=[/flash]

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ihPOTDxMfE?fs=1&hl=en_GB" type=[/flash]
Re: Is Biggie Really The Greatest? by Mobinga: 7:02am On Mar 10, 2011
I'm appalled! Have you even listened to his albums? RtD? Biggie is the GOAT!

Nigga's deal with 6 packs so what the phuck is 2 pac?
Re: Is Biggie Really The Greatest? by 04kaa: 12:32pm On Mar 10, 2011
rapjunkie:

some of Biggie's flow doesn't sound dated, while tupacs flow does.

yes u can tell from bamysles rap style, bamysle maybe u should switch ur flow to biggie's grin grin
Re: Is Biggie Really The Greatest? by Bamsyle2(m): 2:56pm On Mar 10, 2011
^^Ok, Don-King, I don hear una cheesy

But then I'm honoured to be compared with the G.O.A.T wink
Re: Is Biggie Really The Greatest? by Mobinga: 4:53pm On Mar 10, 2011
shocked You're honoured to be compared with a goat? grin

Here's one

I'm the goat, thats why I drop hot shi.t everywhere I go.

grin
Re: Is Biggie Really The Greatest? by Bamsyle2(m): 5:39pm On Mar 10, 2011
^^You dey craze grin grin

You don't dig 2pac, cool . . . me I digg him . . . he was like a Martin Luther/Malcolm on beats.
Re: Is Biggie Really The Greatest? by tosinaded(m): 5:55pm On Mar 10, 2011
Mobinga:

I'm appalled! Have you even listened to his albums? RtD? Biggie is the GOAT!

Nigga's deal with 6 packs so what the phuck is 2 pac?

did biggie hav any?
Re: Is Biggie Really The Greatest? by bgees(m): 11:27pm On Mar 10, 2011
Biggie was a good, his style was special. But I think because he had a very short career and they way he died people try compensate him with the 'greatest'.

He is not even in my top 5.
Re: Is Biggie Really The Greatest? by shotster50(m): 3:12am On Mar 11, 2011
Talk about a perpetual arguement.
It all depends on whose opinion you are seeking. Personally, I dont think anyone one emcee can claim to be the Greatest.
Re: Is Biggie Really The Greatest? by AjanleKoko: 1:10pm On Mar 14, 2011
shotster50:

It all depends on whose opinion you are seeking. Personally, I dont think anyone one emcee can claim to be the Greatest.

Well, it'll be hard to say he wasn't the best. Greatest is relative, yes. But he could spit rhymes like no other. Definitely a maverick.
Re: Is Biggie Really The Greatest? by Freiburger(m): 4:01pm On Mar 14, 2011
5 greatest rapper of all time are:
1) Pac
2) Nas
3) Biggie
4) Jay Z
5) Snoop
My list has nothing to do with album sales success or number of grammy won.
Re: Is Biggie Really The Greatest? by pheesayor(m): 10:12pm On Mar 14, 2011
forget what anyone says, it is 2pac. Dude was a hard worker, spitting bars when others were sleeping. Wonder why he's got so many post humous albums?

Its Fify!!!!!!!

twitter.com/pheesayor
Re: Is Biggie Really The Greatest? by cold(m): 10:25pm On Mar 14, 2011
shotster50:

Couldn't agree more.I love Biggie to bits but can't unequivocally say he was the greatest.He's without a doubt definitely up there with the very best
Re: Is Biggie Really The Greatest? by bkbabe97y(m): 8:50am On Mar 15, 2011
@ OP :You can come to St.James and Fulton and ask this dumb question again! Foo*l!

Nah, Sauce Kid is the greatest of all time. dummy!
Re: Is Biggie Really The Greatest? by Freiburger(m): 9:09am On Mar 15, 2011
bk.babe97y:

@ OP :You can come to St.James and Fulton [b]and ask this dumb question again! Foo*[/b]l!

Nah, Sauce Kid is the greatest of all time. dummy!

Is it so difficult replying ppl without using abusive words?
Re: Is Biggie Really The Greatest? by CrudeOil2(m): 9:22am On Mar 15, 2011
I really dont think any rapper was better than the notorious. Have you really heard him rap?
Re: Is Biggie Really The Greatest? by Freiburger(m): 9:36am On Mar 15, 2011
Crude Oil:

I really dont think any rapper was better than the notorious. Have you really heard him rap?

He was a good rapper he had the force and the words, but i don't think he was better than nas and pac.
Re: Is Biggie Really The Greatest? by McCoy91(m): 11:30pm On Mar 15, 2011
^^ Nas > 2pac
Re: Is Biggie Really The Greatest? by Bamsyle2(m): 9:14am On Mar 16, 2011
^^On what criteria would you rate Nas above Pac?? You can't just type stuff like "Nas>Pac" without having a plausible explanation.
Re: Is Biggie Really The Greatest? by Freiburger(m): 9:45am On Mar 16, 2011
^^ Even Nas himself confirmed that pac was better than him.

Brace yourself for the main event
Y'all impatiently waiting
It's like an AIDS test, what's the results?
Not positive, who's the best? Pac, Nas and Big
Ain't no best, East, West, North, South, flossed out, greedy
I embrace y'all with napalm
Blows up, no guts, left chest, face gone
How could Nas be garbage?
Semi-autos at your cartilage
Burner at the side of your dome, come outta my throne
I got this, locked since '9-1
I am the truest, name a rapper that I ain't influenced
Gave y'all chapters but now I keep my eyes on the Judas
With Hawaiian Sophie fame, kept my name in his music
Check it
Nasir Jones Ether Lyrics(Jay Z diss)
Re: Is Biggie Really The Greatest? by McCoy91(m): 10:06am On Mar 16, 2011
Freiburger:

^^ Even Nas himself confirmed that pac was better than him.

Brace yourself for the main event
Y'all impatiently waiting
It's like an AIDS test, what's the results?
Not positive, who's the best? Pac, Nas and Big
Ain't no best, East, West, North, South, flossed out, greedy
I embrace y'all with napalm
Blows up, no guts, left chest, face gone
How could Nas be garbage?
Semi-autos at your cartilage
Burner at the side of your dome, come outta my throne
I got this, locked since '9-1
I am the truest, name a rapper that I ain't influenced
Gave y'all chapters but now I keep my eyes on the Judas
With Hawaiian Sophie fame, kept my name in his music
Check it
Nasir Jones Ether Lyrics(Jay Z diss)
That's Nas' opinion ok? Not mine. Afterall, M.I says Jesse Jags is as good or better than him.
@bamsyle, lyrics, you get? And flow, arguably. Don't gimme that gist about Pac that 'he had a UNIQUE way of getting his message across in a free, no-holds-barred and heartfelt manner'. Yeah, right. Him and a few dozen other rappers.
Re: Is Biggie Really The Greatest? by Bamsyle2(m): 10:13am On Mar 16, 2011
^^I've not even started a debate withcha and you're already getting all defensive . . .

If what I said about Pac flew over your head, you need to read it again and understand before coming here to blab.

Lyrics and flow?? How did Nas ace Pac in lyrics and flow?? Maybe you're one of those that believe Pac is overrated - won't even argue that with you . . . or that he was always talkin' bout gunz n weed . . . again, stick to ya 'pinion.

Just make a decent attempt at an analysis/analogy of both rappers and maybe I can know what kinda reply to give you.
Re: Is Biggie Really The Greatest? by McCoy91(m): 2:01pm On Mar 16, 2011
Ok, Pac was the king of emotions and has/had the greatest influence but if you are asking me how lyrically, Nas is better than 2pac. . . .yawn, am sleepy. Chickening out, you win. It was only my opinion anyways.
Re: Is Biggie Really The Greatest? by Freiburger(m): 2:59pm On Mar 16, 2011
McCoy91:

Ok, Pac was the king of emotions and has/had the greatest influence but if you are asking me how lyrically, Nas is better than 2pac. . . .yawn, am sleepy. Chickening out, you win. It was only my opinion anyways.

It is always wrong determining who da best is by just using one criteria like you 're doing now in terms of lyrics, we all know Nas is a great poet, but that alone does not make him the greatest rapper of all time, the same way you can't just say Jay is the best coz he made the most money from rap music or won multiple grammies. So i think adding all these factors from lyrics to who actually represent the rap Music with their own life style, Pac is the undisputed best rapper of all time.
Re: Is Biggie Really The Greatest? by Bamsyle2(m): 5:53pm On Mar 16, 2011
McCoy91:

Ok, Pac was the king of emotions and has/had the greatest influence but if you are asking me how lyrically, Nas is better than 2pac. . . .

King of emotions?? How much of a straight jacket can you lot put on Pac?? Some others would say he was all about violence and bla bla . . . why not just confess that Pac was a round/developed character and go to bed tongue

He had the greatest influence (also called legacy) . . . that's why he's the G.O.A.T - he wasn't heavily into metas, punchlines and all but he influenced many other rappers by what he said in his tracks. Nas is a legend and he weaves convoluted words but I don't see how that makes him more lyrical than Pac.

yawn, am sleepy. Chickening out, you win. It was only my opinion anyways.

Aiight, sleep on . . . this wasn't about me wanting to win anyways, and I agree it was your opinion but I totally disagree with it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Coldplay Coldplay Coldplay / Eedris Abdulkareem Ft. Vtek - I Go Whooz You [audio/video] / DOWNLOAD Album: Kid Ink – Full Speed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.