Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,489 members, 7,830,464 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses (67892 Views)

Traders Count Losses As Police Demolish Computer Village POWA Complex / Naira Scarcity: Commercial Sex Workers Count Losses, Decry Low Patronage / Water Entered Shops At The Jankara Market, Lagos, Damaged Goods. PHOTOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by sofiscatedmoron: 4:59pm On Oct 23, 2020
IamD18:
An average Nigerian is corrupt and a criminal.

Know this and know peace.
Every where in the world bro

1 Like

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by Okoroawusa: 5:06pm On Oct 23, 2020
Franzinni:
I feel for them

All the money the feminist group got can be used to replace all their goods ..

After all it was donated money .
Feminist Coalition that has gone under
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by Franzinni: 5:08pm On Oct 23, 2020
Okoroawusa:

Feminist Coalition that has gone under
as in eh... Haha the youth drag them back up o

Million of endsars money dey thee account

Make dem no buy rollroyce come dey do thanks giving
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by SmartPolician: 5:09pm On Oct 23, 2020
Nbotee:
I asked to what end were the looting and burning of properties and a whole lot of senseless ediots were in my mentions to insult and even threaten me... These are private businesses and hoodlums now have the momentum.. Wen dey are done with business dey will face houses...

Lagos State has the highest number of touts in Nigeria. Quote me anywhere. It's even heartbreaking that the natives don't see it as a problem because they work for a man whom they respect so much.

Every bus stop you go in Lagos, you see touts roaming up and down jobless.

The experience I will never forget was paying those touts at about 2am because I was moving my property from one part of the state to another.

I paid 5k with abeg and one of them was even threatening to beat me up when I refused to pay. What was I paying for? Nothing! They told me anyone with loaded items must pay.

Today, those monsters are on the loose. They capitalize on EndSARS protest to cause mayhem in the state.

I just hope Tinubu does not stay relevant in politics again so that Sanwo-Olu will get them off the street, rehabilitate them and send them back to their states.

If not, those guys will continue to wreak havoc in the state. Sanwo-Olu looks like a gentleman but his hands are tied by his benefactor.
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by nedekid: 5:16pm On Oct 23, 2020
desiredhome:

Yet he still command and controls you.... grin grin grin
Yes oh. That's the irony of Nigeria and hence where we are. grin
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by comtem2011: 5:22pm On Oct 23, 2020
PAWG:
Will wickedness ever depart this world? Such a pitiful situation
I doubt it bro.
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by Ghostmode2two(m): 5:25pm On Oct 23, 2020
This not right. Some people are worst than the police and SARS and our government
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by ibedun: 5:28pm On Oct 23, 2020
DamZik:
[s][/s]Cc: APC sycophant zombies:

blacknp
Okoroawusa
ODJ124
dangwarmai
uptimum123
SilverNorGold
yarimo
omenka
helinues
myBraine
OZOnNengiTheory
Edusouls
Onlyonebuhari
Confirmedzombie
georgeakins
Arrewa
ibedun
zionmde
tesppidd
Miracle2020
Rosskii
JAMO84
CilicMarin

You wicked Supporters of this satanic administration because of your belly. May your life be ruled like Buhari is ruling Nigeria. You will get your reward even if it's in the next life. You can't escape it!

Revolution is now!

#End_SWAT
#StopMassacreNow
#Restructure_NIGERIA

https://www.nairaland.com/6172539/ss-se-remains-one-indivisible
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by Nostradamus: 5:30pm On Oct 23, 2020
This is no longer a protest.

when an handshake goes beyond the elbow it becomes something else,this has now metamorphosed from a protest to something else

Now,i'm totally in support of the government using brutal force to bring an end to this madness.
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by Afamed: 5:32pm On Oct 23, 2020
samunaka:

you people took Buhari for granted because he quickly succumb to your demand and proscribed SARS, you were thinking that you can intimidate him to resign, all of you are living in fool's paradise
We told them, the typical lazy youths didn't listen to us.
They took their lucky too far.
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by Afamed: 5:35pm On Oct 23, 2020
SmartPolician:

Lagos State has the highest number of touts in Nigeria. Quote me anywhere. It's even heartbreaking that the natives don't see it as a problem because they work for a man whom they respect so much.

Every bus stop you go in Lagos, you see touts roaming up and down jobless.

The experience I will never forget was paying those touts at about 2am because I was moving my property from one part of the state to another.

I paid 5k with abeg and one of them was even threatening to beat me up when I refused to pay. What was I paying for? Nothing! They told me anyone with loaded items must pay.

Today, those monsters are on the loose. They capitalize on EndSARS protest to cause mayhem in the state.

I just hope Tinubu does not stay relevant in politics again so that Sanwo-Olu will get them off the street, rehabilitate them and send them back to their states.

If not, those guys will continue to wreak havoc in the state. Sanwo-Olu looks like a gentleman but his hands are tied by his benefactor.
Keep quiet hypocrite, the touts that looted Atm in Anambra, Abia, Rivers are they also from Tinubu?
Typical children of hate.
All of you just like to comment without your common sense
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by Johnrake69: 5:35pm On Oct 23, 2020
Brandonx:

The "middle class " didn't sit whilst waiting for manner to fall from heaven. Some worked very hard to get to where they are today.
So it's very unfortunate that some lazy folks would unleash their frustration on someone who's trying to make ends meet.
" Wahala no dey finish" it's not easy for anyone the poor should let that sink into their head.
But again I don't blame them it has always been like that. I believe that's how witchcraft started in villages.

This level of understanding is beyond the comprehension of the lower class. We are talking about people that only know about hunger and lack. No education. They haven't evolved in social behavior. They are no different from animals and guess what? Nigeria has millions of them.

And because they have been excluded economically from the system that we run, at every opportunity they see they will distroy and loot. That's the way they can get a share of the commonwealth and there is no consequences on their part. Because, if they were part of the system and contribute their efforts in building the society their will be consequences they will suffer directly or indirectly.

This individualist strive for success will never build any stable society. Look at Lekki now being a shadow of itself.

What has happened is the crude form of redistribution of wealth.

My point is that's its in the interest of the middle class to have a society that everyone can earn a living and contribute to.

This problem will never be solved if the middle class fail to see this issue from class angle.

The way forward is for the middle class to get more involved in politics. Educate the lower class about what's happening in society and how it's run. By doing this the middle class will be saving itself and exposing the real enemies of the people to them. Which are the ruling elites. Now, it's the army of the poor people that will face the security forces and get rid of the dominant and oppressive ruling class.
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by GreenDestiny2: 5:37pm On Oct 23, 2020
Rugaria:
The police failed this society in so many ways! They re paid to secure lives and property and not to start check points to collect toles. In moments like this, the police should never have collapsed totally! The disappearance of the police was deliberate and should be investigated. It was as if the police wanted to use such actions to teach the people some rare lessons forgetting that not everyone was even in support of the mass actions! This should be investigated!

We have seen many countries that witnessed such uprisings, the police did their job, arresting hoodlums while protecting both properties and civil protesters. But here, it seems like protests have been criminalized. Once you say no and match, you become the new enemy of the state... If the policeman can not stand firm and enforce the law during jumpy periods, such characters should not be in the police force! The Nigerian Police Force failed woefully yet again.. period!

But you were happy wen they destroyed Tinubu's properties...protesters did very well here. We will not back down on this protest.
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by SmartPolician: 5:40pm On Oct 23, 2020
Afamed:

Keep quiet hypocrite, the touts that looted Atm in Anambra, Abia, Rivers are they also from Tinubu?
Typical children of hate.
All of you just like to comment without your common sense

Huncle, no state in Nigeria can rival the number of touts in Lagos.

Lagos is so rich and can afford to rehabilitate those guys and give them a decent job.

No, they won't do that because they are the Almajiris of south west

They are election useful idiots.

Keep supporting evil

Tomorrow, they will hit you real bad.

Nobody is spared. Nobody!
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by GreenDestiny2: 5:40pm On Oct 23, 2020
Nostradamus:
This is no longer a protest.

when an handshake goes beyond the elbow it becomes something else,this has now metamorphosed from a protest to something else

Now,i'm totally in support of the government using brutal force to bring an end to this madness.

Nooo. Protests must continue. Tinubu must feel more pain.
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by EMMY76: 5:41pm On Oct 23, 2020
Where was all the security agencies in lagos state when all these looting and destruction was even going on? Here in warri hoodlums also tried to loot ShopRite mall but soildiers were immediately called to repell them same thing when they went to the warri prison to free inmates.
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by Nabajiz: 5:52pm On Oct 23, 2020
This protest has rendered many people homeless and jobless, the only people it didn't affect are the people in power. just imagine what the protest has done to the poor Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by Officialgarri: 6:00pm On Oct 23, 2020
Brandonx:
We live in a country where the poor sees the rich and they are reminded of their failure and would look a for a way to either defraud that rich person or bring them down.
Send me your account number
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by Oracleforce: 6:05pm On Oct 23, 2020
An average Nigerian is crudely wicked. ....if you see a genuine kindness that has no sinister attachment....thank the person very well...

Black people are synonymous with wickedness �✍ devilish act. ....wickedness is entrenched in their blood and system...
Trust nobody including your close friend...if you doubt me, ask Late Thomas and Charles Compare of Burkina Faso
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by Afamed: 6:08pm On Oct 23, 2020
SmartPolician:

Huncle, no state in Nigeria can rival the number of touts in Lagos.

Lagos is so rich and can afford to rehabilitate those guys and give them a decent job.

No, they won't do that because they are the Almajiris of south west

They are election useful idiots.

Keep supporting evil

Tomorrow, they will hit you real bad.

Nobody is spared. Nobody!
You are just being clever by half. I thought you are smart enough with your monicker
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by Rugaria: 6:12pm On Oct 23, 2020
GreenDestiny2:

But you were happy wen they destroyed Tinubu's properties...protesters did very well here. We will not back down on this protest.
Yes! I was/am very happy they burnt down the corrupt home of that demon! If they burnt him down too, better! And yes,: we should NEVER back down on the protests! It's a worthy protests! Obedient serfs should disappear, pls
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by SmartPolician: 6:13pm On Oct 23, 2020
Afamed:

You are just being clever by half. I thought you are smart enough with your monicker

Was that your best shot?

E go soon reach you.
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by rezky(m): 6:15pm On Oct 23, 2020
As far as i'm concern, this protest is a lose course., though it all started peacefully., but the end doesn't justify the means.

The purpose of the protest, was not acheived.
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by tjhinal: 6:16pm On Oct 23, 2020
Rugaria:
The police failed this society in so many ways! They re paid to secure lives and property and not to start check points to collect toles. In moments like this, the police should never have collapsed totally! The disappearance of the police was deliberate and should be investigated. It was as if the police wanted to use such actions to teach the people some rare lessons forgetting that not everyone was even in support of the mass actions! This should be investigated!

We have seen many countries that witnessed such uprisings, the police did their job, arresting hoodlums while protecting both properties and civil protesters. But here, it seems like protests have been criminalized. Once you say no and match, you become the new enemy of the state... If the policeman can not stand firm and enforce the law during jumpy periods, such characters should not be in the police force! The Nigerian Police Force failed woefully yet again.. period!
This is the technical meaning of ENDSARS, the protest was started with bad intention. Rob, kill and destroy public properties. Keep on supporting the ENDSARS, let it continue until they burn down the Lagos and western states, nonsense.
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by Rugaria: 6:20pm On Oct 23, 2020
tjhinal:
This is the technical meaning of ENDSARS, the protest was started with bad intention. Rob, kill and destroy public properties. Keep on supporting the ENDSARS, let it continue until they burn down the Lagos and western states, nonsense.

Endsars all the way... Parochial thinkers should go and sit down

1 Like

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by Kingspin(m): 6:21pm On Oct 23, 2020
Stop the looting.. It only making Federal Government happy. The protest has been redirected
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by haryomikun(m): 6:26pm On Oct 23, 2020
seunmsg:
So sad. It is the height of wickedness to break into other people’s properties and loot their means of livelihood. We are not different from the leaders we criticize. Majority of the protesters would steal far more than the current crop of leaders if they find their way into public office. Our young people really needs to do better.
Bros, maybe you didn’t see videos. Protesters protested for two weeks and there was no looting.

Suddenly, there was stealing. This came after the Lekki shootings and when protesters had gone home

The theft here was done by thugs. If protesters wanted to loot, it would have happened a long time ago
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by Brandonx(m): 6:27pm On Oct 23, 2020
Officialgarri:

Send me your account number
Why should I do that?
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by themanderon: 6:28pm On Oct 23, 2020
A pity it had to come to this to get our government and indeed the world to listen to the plight of the youths.
If we had a listening government that cared about the situation of things this sars issue would have been handled years ago but the government carried on as if the lives of its citizens never mattered. Now innocent people are made to pay as usual for the recklessness of the government. They have allowed anarchists to infiltrate the ranks of genuine protesters.
I hope our usually reactive government would learn, but then again can a leopard change its spots?
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by Dasdfgnb(m): 6:29pm On Oct 23, 2020
I feel utmost pity for the shop owners but feel more pity for the workers.. They have been rendered unemployed by this wicked act.. Its obvious most shop owners has his/her shop insured only a fool won't do that... Insurance will take care of everything they had lost
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by AreaFada2: 6:38pm On Oct 23, 2020
LilyColin:
The lifeless vegetable in Aso rock and opolo eyes d desperado caused all these chaos. Kiss the bitter truth.

Nairaland is a BIASED forum.

Be like say APC get shares for this forum.

BTW, this is the official PRESIDENTIAL speech below.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CGr9MZcjm7w/?igshid=13ot45s8swdib
This is the cost of tolerating corruption, impunity and tribalism, massive poverty and joblessness in the midst of plenty for too long.

If you think your business is doing well and politics nor concern you, you dey do your own jeje, be aware that business is only possible when there is peace.

Corruption, impunity and complacency ultimately ruins a country. Nobody goes unscathed. So fight for a fair and just society.

This is the lesson.
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by akigbemaru: 7:11pm On Oct 23, 2020
Cutezt:
It wasn’t a pleasant sight to witness as shop owners cried to God after seeing their shop raided by the thugs.

Some of the women could barely stand on their feet as they were left shocked seeing their years of hard work taken away from them in one day. According to a media report, the thugs have broken into every store to steal valuable items worth billions of Naira.

The mall was not spared in their raid as it has most goodies they wanted. A quick look into the mall sees all items carted away with nothing left behind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nRwwOsN0nQ

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Comparing The Nigerian Naira And The Benin Republic Cefa / Egina FPSO: Nigeria's Biggest Oil Producing Vessel Arrives Lagos From South Kore / Bet9ja’s Website Hacked By Russian Blackcat Group, LASG Responds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.