Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,185 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

The Stupidity Of The Endsars Protest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Stupidity Of The Endsars Protest (428 Views)

The Stupidity Of APC Yorubas Will Put Other Yorubas Across Nigeria At Risk / Banana Island: The Stupidity Of Nigerians / Buhari's Infrastructure Projects Expose The Stupidity Of Goodluck Jonathan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Stupidity Of The Endsars Protest by JomoGbomo2(m): 3:57pm On Oct 23, 2020
Beginning of October 2020 heralded the #endsars protest in Lagos, a clamor that has been on since 2017 due to the brutality of the police force on the Nigerian youths. The cause of this protest is very real and valid, while I may not have personally experienced it, I have witnessed so much brutality on the youth that sometimes I have to intervene.

The likes of Falz, Debo Macaroni and Aisha Yesufu amongst others spearheaded this round of protest and with the negative sentiments around the nation, they got the masses support including that of myself......and personally I still believe the cause is valid.

Saying the protest was peaceful is just trying to be politically correct; the protest was never peaceful but the protesters were unarmed; you cannot say the protest is peaceful when the protesters are denying you your rights to enter your home. You don’t protest a grievance by denying other people their rights and claim you are peaceful, that’s not peaceful. We all saw what the protesters did to other citizens (right) while they were going about their normal lives.

Between the 4th and 14th October, the FG repeatedly announced the disbandment of the notorious police unit SARS in different forms along with banning the police from checking phones and laptops of the youth. The FG largely accepted and acknowledged the 5 demands of the protesters and call for dialogues but the likes of Falz, Debo Macaroni and Aisha Yesufu insisted that they wanted a miracle.....Aisha specifically said she doesn’t belong to the table but on the street, I hope she is still on the street till now.

The stupidity of the protests was glaring at this point because it was clear that the protesters never had a realistic end game plan, they don’t know what the end should be. They kept on insisting for the government to EndSARS that already was disbanded. This was the lost opportunity for the fools above to sit with the FG and chart a direction towards a lasting solution to this monster.....alas their naivety and stupidity was brought to the fore.

20th October 2020, the demons we (40yrs and above) have always known Nigeria to be came out, the military in the command of our lifeless president Buhari unleashed terror on the unarmed protesters and the escalation is what we all witnessed; but the aftermath is what we will all live with.

I took a drive this morning along the lekki axis and saw the damages first hand and the first question was “does it really worth it?”. The many lives (both protesters and security personnel) lost, the many livelihoods lost and looted, buildings burnt, cars and properties damaged, does it really worth it?

If those fools above had sat down with the FG on the 15th of October after most of their demands have met, would all these have been prevented? the numerous jobs that are lost due to this carnage would that have been prevented.? the irony is that they will be happy to sit down now with the FG to discuss, something they would have accepted long ago to prevent all this.

Falz, Debo Macaroni and Aisha Yesufu et al, need to sit back and ask themselves if this is the outcome they were hoping for; they need to tell us if their plans include having “freed” criminals loose on the street possibly with stolen guns from the police.

We always need to understand that Nigeria is unique and different, the solutions to our problems must be unique and different too; we cannot just hope/expect the outcomes of protest in other developed countries to be same in ours; it’s not possible because we have our own peculiarities which must be factored in our own quest for betterment.

Once again, I hope those fools above are happy with their outcome.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Stupidity Of The Endsars Protest by Xscape1993(m): 4:13pm On Oct 23, 2020
Well said. I can not just imagine the losses. What is asually wrong with the blacks?

2 Likes

Re: The Stupidity Of The Endsars Protest by PARADIZEPRIEST: 4:17pm On Oct 23, 2020
YOU DONT FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE!
YOU DONT FIGHT CRIME WITH CRIME angry
WHN CRIMINALITY INVADES PROTEST TO CALL IT OFF IMMEDIATELY.

1 Like

Re: The Stupidity Of The Endsars Protest by clintz(m): 4:24pm On Oct 23, 2020
May God bless your wisdom

1 Like

Re: The Stupidity Of The Endsars Protest by baralatie(m): 4:26pm On Oct 23, 2020
JomoGbomo2:
Beginning of October 2020 heralded the #endsars protest in Lagos, a clamor that has been on since 2017 due to the brutality of the police force on the Nigerian youths. The cause of this protest is very real and valid, while I may not have personally experienced it, I have witnessed so much brutality on the youth that sometimes I have to intervene.

The likes of Falz, Debo Macaroni and Aisha Yesufu amongst others spearheaded this round of protest and with the negative sentiments around the nation, they got the masses support including that of myself......and personally I still believe the cause is valid.

Saying the protest was peaceful is just trying to be politically correct; the protest was never peaceful but the protesters were unarmed; you cannot say the protest is peaceful when the protesters are denying you your rights to enter your home. You don’t protest a grievance by denying other people their rights and claim you are peaceful, that’s not peaceful. We all saw what the protesters did to other citizens (right) while they were going about their normal lives.

Between the 4th and 14th October, the FG repeatedly announced the disbandment of the notorious police unit SARS in different forms along with banning the police from checking phones and laptops of the youth. The FG largely accepted and acknowledged the 5 demands of the protesters and call for dialogues but the likes of Falz, Debo Macaroni and Aisha Yesufu insisted that they wanted a miracle.....Aisha specifically said she doesn’t belong to the table but on the street, I hope she is still on the street till now.

The stupidity of the protests was glaring at this point because it was clear that the protesters never had a realistic end game plan, they don’t know what the end should be. They kept on insisting for the government to EndSARS that already was disbanded. This was the lost opportunity for the fools above to sit with the FG and chart a direction towards a lasting solution to this monster.....alas their naivety and stupidity was brought to the fore.

20th October 2020, the demons we (40yrs and above) have always known Nigeria to be came out, the military in the command of our lifeless president Buhari unleashed terror on the unarmed protesters and the escalation is what we all witnessed; but the aftermath is what we will all live with.

I took a drive this morning along the lekki axis and saw the damages first hand and the first question was “does it really worth it?”. The many lives (both protesters and security personnel) lost, the many livelihoods lost and looted, buildings burnt, cars and properties damaged, does it really worth it?

If those fools above had sat down with the FG on the 15th of October after most of their demands have met, would all these have been prevented? the numerous jobs that are lost due to this carnage would that have been prevented.? the irony is that they will be happy to sit down now with the FG to discuss, something they would have accepted long ago to prevent all this.

Falz, Debo Macaroni and Aisha Yesufu et al, need to sit back and ask themselves if this is the outcome they were hoping for; they need to tell us if their plans include having “freed” criminals loose on the street possibly with stolen guns from the police.

We always need to understand that Nigeria is unique and different, the solutions to our problems must be unique and different too; we cannot just hope/expect the outcomes of protest in other developed countries to be same in ours; it’s not possible because we have our own peculiarities which must be factored in our own quest for betterment.

Re: The Stupidity Of The Endsars Protest by JomoGbomo2(m): 4:33pm On Oct 23, 2020
clintz:
May God bless your wisdom

Thanks and you too.
Re: The Stupidity Of The Endsars Protest by Biodun556(m): 7:24pm On Oct 23, 2020
Aisha specifically said she doesn’t belong to the table but on the street, I hope she is still on the street till now.

3 Likes

Re: The Stupidity Of The Endsars Protest by Nwaelohim: 7:35pm On Oct 23, 2020
God bless you. Many of my friends has blocked me on social media platforms for this view. People were allowed to pretest, government acknowledged your request so what else do you want? Today have the pretest solved NIGERIANS problem? They simply created poverty and avenue for more looting to fix things destroyed

1 Like

Re: The Stupidity Of The Endsars Protest by vincentini: 7:49pm On Oct 23, 2020
Op you are right. Our so called ''youths'' (grown men in the 20s and 30s) are actually very senseless.

I knew they were dumb after the govt had disbanded SARS and they remained rioting, saying they were demonstrating for ''good governance''.

What the fck does that mean?

Demonstrations must always have a specific goal, not some generic, vague idea that is open to multiple interpretations and manifestations.

1 Like

Re: The Stupidity Of The Endsars Protest by blackpanda: 7:50pm On Oct 23, 2020
JomoGbomo2:

I agree 100%
Re: The Stupidity Of The Endsars Protest by Nigeriabiafra80: 7:51pm On Oct 23, 2020
One of their strategies
Others failed
Is no more igbo are the cause
Is now endsars is a scam
Re: The Stupidity Of The Endsars Protest by capitalzero: 7:55pm On Oct 23, 2020
JomoGbomo2:

People said end police brutality, government replied with army brutality.
Guns do not bring peace but destruction of lives and properties.
Re: The Stupidity Of The Endsars Protest by baralatie(m): 7:56pm On Oct 23, 2020
Biodun556:
Aisha specifically said she doesn’t belong to the table but on the street, I hope she is still on the street till now.
she was not on the street but in her house far away from Nigeria

1 Like

Re: The Stupidity Of The Endsars Protest by Janjaweedi(m): 8:02pm On Oct 23, 2020
Gaslighting
Operation crocodile smile
Una weldone.
We know he is dead
Everywhere go burst one day
#Endsars
#EndSwat
#Endpolicebrutality
#RestructureNGR
We Move
Remember is a marathon not a sprint.

(1) (Reply)

Niger Delta Militants List 11-point Demand Buhari Must Meet (full List) / Nnamdi Kalu Places 100 Million Naira Bounty On Nyesom Wike's Head (video) / FINALLY: Joe Biden Wins USA Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.