Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,092 members, 7,818,277 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Rationalisations For Christianity - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rationalisations For Christianity (2741 Views)

Popular Fuji Legend, Adewale Ayuba Dumps Islam For Christianity? / Rrefutable’ Mathematical Proof For Christianity / Nigerian Bishop: Muslims Leaving Islam For Christianity Due To Islamic Terrorism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rationalisations For Christianity by UyiIredia(m): 4:10pm On Apr 03, 2011
• Warning to all Christians and Muslims: Follow the wisdom of the Catholic church. If you try to prove that homosexuality is wrong from nature (in the biological sense of the term) you will be fighting from a position of defeat. 

The best you can do is state the law of charges to gays. Here it is

"All like charges repel and All opposite charges attract"
"All known physico-chemical processes are based on like charges repelling and opposite charges attracting"

I do not know of any exceptions to these laws yet given my current knowledge level. [please I have not said that to be gay is morally right. On the other hand I believe it to be morally wrong, but I advocate for calm, candour and tact when dealing which issues which border on homosexuality]
Re: Rationalisations For Christianity by thehomer: 6:15pm On Apr 04, 2011
Uyi Iredia:

• This is why I specifically requested that the mods should (if possible) block Nairalanders (except myself, of course) from posting on Nairaland. I expect much more virulent comments. Since minds are nowadays so trapped in daily activities, they forget to imagine - what truly counts is having a life of value

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result"
- Albert Einstein

Of course. Yours is the only opinion that matters. Besides, you know where to post if you want others not to disturb your posts.
I've addressed this Einstein quote of yours on another thread.
Re: Rationalisations For Christianity by thehomer: 6:17pm On Apr 04, 2011
Uyi Iredia:

• An exhortation to all Christians. Nothing ultimately counts for something. Don't you realize that 0 is still acknowledged as a digit (and it is at the heart of IT). I want to make a bet with anyone that all mathematicians at some point in time get annoyed with 0. Sometimes they ignore the fact that it is a necessary digit at the center of the number line

So, nothing is something? I'll advice you not to get confused with abstractions.
Re: Rationalisations For Christianity by thehomer: 6:20pm On Apr 04, 2011
Uyi Iredia:

• Warning to all Christians and Muslims: Follow the wisdom of the Catholic church. If you try to prove that homosexuality is wrong from nature (in the biological sense of the term) you will be fighting from a position of defeat. 

The best you can do is state the law of charges to gays. Here it is

"All like charges repel and All opposite charges attract"
"All known physico-chemical processes are based on like charges repelling and opposite charges attracting"

I do not know of any exceptions to these laws yet given my current knowledge level. [please I have not said that to be gay is morally right. On the other hand I believe it to be morally wrong, but I advocate for calm, candour and tact when dealing which issues which border on homosexuality]

Do you really think that humans are charges? I'll advice you to try to understand the concepts of sex and gender.
Re: Rationalisations For Christianity by UyiIredia(m): 9:23pm On Apr 04, 2011
Jenwitemi:

WTF! Uyi Iredia, you are one confused mother. . .  You came here with wrong informations and i corrected you. And now you are spitting gibberish. You should've thanked me for correcting you instead.
Did your holy bible tell you that the ancient India was called Persia?

@ Jenwetemi >>> FACEPALM ! on myself >>> I made a huge mistake >>> Noah's flood was b4 the incidence of Babel in the Bible (Gen 7, Gen 11: 1-10) - I mixed things up

Therefore my adductions as to why I think the Indians are the original Persians are described using a simple paradox. If this paradox does not go down well with you. My inferences will most likely not (as well). The 'Home' paradox is as follows:

A house is a building
A home is a building with a family unit (be it nuclear or extended)

A house can be left empty and old after a family unit deserts it. 
The family unit moves to another house to make it a new home. 

The same might have occurred in the Rama Empire. My inferences are as follows:

- The ancient Babylonian empire was originated from present day Iraq. 
- Almost all high-rising architecture in the world can be described as a variant of the ziggurats (the archeological remains are yet to be fully uncovered) and the converse is true
- The Biblical incidence of The Tower of Babel might have caused a large number of the peoples that inhabited the empire to scatter. 
- Of course, it will not be asinine to imagine that a good number of people would have stayed close to the Rama empire
to find today what was once the Persian empire (India).
- By the way, I think I'm quite correct in supposing that the
Hindu caste system is a variant of what Nimrod (in the Bible) had in mind. 
- After so many centuries of missionary work and education, it still remains quite pristine.
- Furthermore, much of what civilisation comes from is based from the philosophical and mathematical contributions of the Persian empire. 
- If you do not know that present-day India is where all IT innovations originate (and not Silicon valley) u can never agree with my inferences as well. Research my claims in your local library and on Google to be sure.
Re: Rationalisations For Christianity by Kay17: 6:33pm On Apr 05, 2011
By the way, I think I'm quite correct in supposing that the
Hindu caste system is a variant of what Nimrod (in the Bible) had in mind.
- After so many centuries of missionary work and education, it still remains quite pristine.
- Furthermore, much of what civilisation comes from is based from the philosophical and mathematical contributions of the Persian empire.
- If you do not know that present-day India is where all IT innovations originate (and not Silicon valley) u can never agree with my inferences as well. Research my claims in your local library and on Google to be sure.
Poor Christian History, there no portion in the bible relating to Nimrod plan to adopt a caste or similar system of class domination.
Re: Rationalisations For Christianity by UyiIredia(m): 5:46pm On Apr 15, 2011
• Since the fall at the garden, I have seen so many accusers. Many of them even accuse Satan for their woes, misfortunes and misdeeds. I hardly ever see those who are willing (like Christ was) to take the blame, eat the shame, to get the glory.
Re: Rationalisations For Christianity by UyiIredia(m): 5:47pm On Apr 15, 2011
• Another definition of Christianity: Christ for all eternity.
Re: Rationalisations For Christianity by UyiIredia(m): 5:49pm On Apr 15, 2011
• Actually saltwater and freshwater do not mix. It is the law of identity that inhibits you from saying so. If one is to follow the law of non-contradiction hereby stated:

"A thing cannot 'be' and 'not be' at the same time." (The quotation marks were for clarification of terms)

It is clear that: a given volume of water should not be composed of, both saltwater and freshwater at the same time. To resolve this contradiction, semanticists coined the word 'brackish water'. If I'm wrong please state how.
Re: Rationalisations For Christianity by UyiIredia(m): 5:50pm On Apr 15, 2011
• Noah's ark is not a problem to me. It is more like a game. A puzzle I need to fit into as regards what is observed in Nature. 
Could it not be possible that (virtually) all the animals in the ark were hibernating (except marine-based organisms) ?
Could if not be possible that the flood is the cause of the extinction of dinosaurs ?
Is not the naturalistic model that all life originated from a
primordial soup somewhat fishy ?
Re: Rationalisations For Christianity by UyiIredia(m): 5:51pm On Apr 15, 2011
• To the level you understand God and follow Him He will reward you (Matt 25:14-30)
Re: Rationalisations For Christianity by UyiIredia(m): 5:53pm On Apr 15, 2011
• You do not put God in a box. The God that created Nature does not discriminate against any religion or belief (or unbelief). He rewards everyone in relation to how they apprehended Him. Some just can stand the fact that Hell is really a reward for your unbelief.
Re: Rationalisations For Christianity by UyiIredia(m): 10:38am On Apr 20, 2011
• You use space to locate time. This is the essence of Einstein's theory of relativity. Likewise, you use time to relocate space.
Re: Rationalisations For Christianity by UyiIredia(m): 10:39am On Apr 20, 2011
• The wisest question ever forwarded to Prof. Richard Dawkins, was by wise, young lady. My guesstimate of her age is 5. She asked Prof. Dawkins the simplest question ever: What if you are wrong ? In that singular moment Prof. Dawkins commits [url=http://3 fallacies attributed to theists]3 fallacies attributed to theists[/url] and goes scot-free. Here's how:

- His immediate reply is the logical fallacy of 'petitio principii'
- His next reply is a (concealed) emotional appeal, ergo 
- His other statements are based on circular reasoning

Of course, as one can imagine, the most foolish question was in the making. An otherwise respectable man came up and asked the question: What gives you the right to tell me that my life is a delusion ? (sic) Naturally, the right answer to the question was . . ."because your life is a delusion."
Re: Rationalisations For Christianity by UyiIredia(m): 10:42am On Apr 20, 2011
•  Atheists are wise. They practice the art of feng shui. They focus on the details and forget what feng shui was about. 
The secret of feng shui is this: Pretend like today is your last day on earth, throw away all the things you do not need. The things you keep are the things you value the most (Luke 12:36)

It (feng shui) bears semblance to the way the next avatar, in the Nickelodeon's Avatar show, was chosen.
Re: Rationalisations For Christianity by UyiIredia(m): 5:31pm On Apr 21, 2011
• What I was taught: Jack of all trades, master of none
What I now realise: Jack of all trades, master of one

These are my inductions: A jack of all trades, is a master of none, because he can never know all the details, about all trades. However, a jack of all trades is master of one thing, he knows a thing or two , about all trades he has come across (Luke 12:3)

Therefore . . . a jack of all trades is a wise man who plays the fool (Prov 30:28) whilst, those who are wise never become a jack of all trades (Prov 14:6)

When all Christians realise that the scriptures is to help them think better; they will use it, the way they will use a Swiss knife.
Re: Rationalisations For Christianity by UyiIredia(m): 5:32pm On Apr 21, 2011
• God is the most odd (absolutely absurd) being you'll ever find in the universe. He evens out all odds. Think about it: Is the number, 'greater than', even or odd ? (Gen 3:13-15)

CAVEAT: If u argue by saying 'greater than' is not a number. Please forward the greatest number in the (still-expanding) universe.
Re: Rationalisations For Christianity by UyiIredia(m): 5:34pm On Apr 21, 2011
• The tally system, could have been the method early men used, to write. Of course, using stones in a manner akin to the way, 'modern' humans use pencils. They were wise people who were best at using their (God-given) thoughts (Prov 14:33a)

Modern humans are akin to the (proverbial) fool who know so much and do (write) so much (Prov 14:33b) If only they knew that wise people are graced to pack a lot of meaning, in the fewest of words (Prov 14:4)
Re: Rationalisations For Christianity by UyiIredia(m): 5:15pm On May 07, 2011
• There are two types of infinity: positive infinity and negative infinity (Prov 14:27, 35)

All religionists should note this: In a vehicle, one can be moving in reverse direction, (find any means of) looking in the reverse direction, and still be in reverse drive; or you can move forward, look forward and drive forward. (Prov 14:12, 16, 25)

Therefore, I conclude that atheists are going into oblivion, whilst religionists (especially Muslims, Christianity and Orthodox Jews) going unto eternity (Prov 14:32)
Re: Rationalisations For Christianity by UyiIredia(m): 5:17pm On May 07, 2011
• The tally system, could have been the method early men used, to write. Of course, using stones in a manner akin to the way, 'modern' humans use pencils. They were wise people who were best at using their (God-given) thoughts (Prov 14:33a)

Modern humans are akin to the (proverbial) fool who know so 
much and do (write) so much (Prov 14:33b) If only thy knew that wise people are graced to pack a lot of meaning, in the fewest of words (Prov 14:4)
Re: Rationalisations For Christianity by UyiIredia(m): 5:18pm On May 07, 2011
• Bitter pill for Christians to swallow: Adam was (probably) a handsome white male who suffered from blindness (Mk 8:23-25, SS 1:16) Eve was (probably) a beautiful black lady (SS 1:5) who suffered from ocular albinism (Gen 3:6-7)
Re: Rationalisations For Christianity by UyiIredia(m): 5:19pm On May 07, 2011
• God exists outside of the universe as Oblivion (Gen 1:2, John 1:1a), because of the universe as Eternity (Prov 8:27-32, John 1:1b), and through the universe as Infinity (John 1:2-4, I Cor 1:19-25) including the humans that abound in

Very interesting. I always return to the madness in here. Makes sense.
Re: Rationalisations For Christianity by UyiIredia(m): 5:21pm On May 07, 2011
• What I was taught: Jack of all trades, master of none
What I now realise: Jack of all trades, master of one

These are my inductions: A jack of all trades, is a master of none, because he can never know all the details, about all trades. However, a jack of all trades is master of one thing, he knows a thing or two , about all trades he has come across (Luke 12:3)

Therefore . . . a jack of all trades is a wise man who plays the fool (Prov 30:28) whilst, those who are wise never become a jack of all trades (Prov 14:6)

When all Christians realise that the scriptures is to help them think better; they will use it, the way they will use a Swiss knife.
Re: Rationalisations For Christianity by UyiIredia(m): 5:22pm On May 07, 2011
•  Atheists are wise. They practice the art of feng shui. They focus on the details and forget what feng shui was about. 
The secret of feng shui is this: Pretend like today is your last day on earth, throw away all the things you do not need. The things you keep are the things you value the most (Luke 12:36)

It (feng shui) bears semblance to the way the next avatar, in the Nickelodeon's Avatar show, was chosen.
Re: Rationalisations For Christianity by UyiIredia(m): 5:29pm On May 07, 2011
• The wisest question ever forwarded to Prof. Richard Dawkins, was by wise, young lady. My guesstimate of her age is 5. She asked Prof. Dawkins the simplest question ever: What if you are wrong ? In that singular moment Prof. Dawkins commits [url=http://3 fallacies attributed to theists]3 fallacies attributed to theists[/url] and goes scot-free. Here's how:

- His immediate reply is the logical fallacy of 'petitio principii'
- His next reply is a (concealed) emotional appeal, ergo 
- His other statements are based on circular reasoning

Of course, as one can imagine, the most foolish question was in the making. An otherwise respectable man came up and asked the question: What gives you the right to tell me that my life is a delusion ? (sic) Naturally, the right answer to the question was ". . .because your life is a delusion."

• God is the substance of all scientific and mathematical principles (Psalm 8:3) since Nature, as a whole, constitutes His attributes (Prov 25:2) and is the means through which He expresses Himself (Rom 1:19)
Re: Rationalisations For Christianity by UyiIredia(m): 5:31pm On May 07, 2011
• Inasmuch as we are limited by time and space, it will take forever to fully understand the attributes of God which are duly expressed through Nature. It is only by application of God-given faith that one can dwell upon God's attributes which are necessarily meta-physical because . . . if they are physical He would not be God (Psalm 104:23-25)
Re: Rationalisations For Christianity by UyiIredia(m): 5:31pm On May 07, 2011
• Bitter pill for Christians to swallow: We are so caught up in the reason for the season that we forget that not everybody understands the reason without explanations. This was the mistake of David (1 Chr 16:29)
Re: Rationalisations For Christianity by UyiIredia(m): 5:44pm On May 07, 2011
My objective in the Religion section of Nairaland (to religious qnd ireligious) is summed up in this quote:

"If you can't convince them, confuse them"
- Harry S. Truman

My commentary on that: sometimes people do not get confused unless you provoke them real hard.
Re: Rationalisations For Christianity by UyiIredia(m): 6:34am On Feb 22, 2012
Don't try to 2nd guess a snake. Relax & approach the snake as if you were dead already. You can also try approaching the snake with someone who has done so before.
Re: Rationalisations For Christianity by UyiIredia(m): 4:53pm On Nov 19, 2015
Read lots of stories of American pastors preaching with snakes. Atheists like Hemant Mehta mocked them after the snake bit them and they died. Didn't see how the snakes DID NOT bite the pastors for an extended period. Not the courage the pastor took in facing death.
Re: Rationalisations For Christianity by UyiIredia(m): 7:38pm On Nov 19, 2015
In heaven, perfection and eternity resides, in hell imperfection and oblivion persist, on earth construction and infinity proceed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rationalisations For Christianity by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:41pm On Nov 19, 2015
UyiIredia:
In heaven, perfection and eternity resides, in hell imperfection and oblivion persist, on earth construction and infinity proceed.

True words spoken .

You see bro , one thing is that the so called imperfect earth would be reconstructed and harmony amongst all created by God All Mighty will be forever .

Amen .

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oh! Christian, Are You Saying God Forsake Jesus? / How Old Is Jesus This Year? / Book of Isaiah (Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.