Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,393 members, 7,826,516 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration (29132 Views)

SA Seizes Mercedes From Mbuso Moloi Who Looted Groceries During The Riots / 25 Years Of Business But Now I Have To Restart From Zero - ENDSARS Riots Victim / [VIDEO] Tailor Weeps As Her Shop Is Destroyed During Stay At Home Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by okey95644: 8:30am On Oct 26, 2020
This man is in his second term I guess...Idiots.
Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by blackpanda: 8:32am On Oct 26, 2020
anthonanik:
like you are doing the masses a favor!

Na ur papa money u use build am?

Look how he said it as if he didn't embezzle half of the fund meant for the project, oh yes! don't do it, next youth coming will do a better job that u old fools...

Look at our employees telling the employers(Masses) what he can or cannot do

This politicians see themselves as demi gods

You cannot burn govt property and expect govt to replace it. Your anger is misplaced

1 Like

Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by mobi99(m): 8:32am On Oct 26, 2020
Jabioro:
Your people are busy destroying other states /public facilities..
another tribal biggot ranting... must u talk if u have nothing to say shut ur trash ... fool
Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by mfm04622: 8:37am On Oct 26, 2020
Pearly255:
Failed Leaders.....

Rubbish talk

To the best Governor in South East? Lol

1 Like

Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by nograv: 8:42am On Oct 26, 2020
Is your job as Politician not to keep order and build/maintain infrastructure.?

Foolish man... Had you run your state well, hoodlums would not be attacking facilities..
Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by Quincykay: 8:43am On Oct 26, 2020
Fantastic point!!!!

People blame govt and politicians as if they're foreign invaders. They are young Nigerians that grew old. Be good to yourself and neighbor NOW so you'll be a good leader later.

allanphash7:
.....interesting perspective

"*Do we need youths to have a better country?*

Sadly, our current leaders started leading as youths.

Check their respective ages and subtract the last 20 years of democracy from it and let's see what we have.

Let's take Rotimi Amaechi for instance.

He is 55 now.

He's 6 years into Minister. That means he became Minister at 49.

He was Governor for 8 years. That means he became Governor at 41. Prior that, he was Speaker for 8 years, that means he was Speaker at 33. Freaking 33!

How youth can youth be!

Do the maths for all of them and you will see that youth has brought us nothing.

Fashola is 57.

He was in Tinubu's Cabinet.

Tinubu became Governor 21 years ago.

Remove 21 from 57, that's 36.

How youth can youth be?

Wike is 53.

He has been in power for the last 15/20 years.
That's 33-35.

How youth can youth be?

Dimeji Bankole was a freaking 37 as Speaker in the National Assembly.

Ahmed Lawan is 61.

He is been in the assembly since 1999. That was 21 years ago at the age of 40.

Even if President Buhari is 80yrs now, he was head of state in 1983, 37yrs ago, remove that from 80, that means he became the Head of State at the age of 43yrs and has bn instrumental corridor of power ever since.

See what we have.

What did we gain?

We don't need the youths.
We need a change of mindset and attitude, we need a change in the way parents nurture and train their children.

Both young and old.

Else, it's the same story.

Youths have always been in power!
They became old in power!

Yet we are here!"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by savysu: 8:45am On Oct 26, 2020
allanphash7:

Check their respective ages and subtract the last 20 years of democracy from it and let's see what we have.

He is 55 now.

He was Governor for 8 years. That means he became Governor at 41. Prior that, he was Speaker for 8 years, that means he was Speaker at 33. Freaking 33!

How youth can youth be!

Do the maths for all of them and you will see that youth has brought us nothing.

Fashola is 57.

How youth can youth be?

Wike is 53.

That's 33-35.

How youth can youth be?

Ahmed Lawan is 61.

Even if President Buhari is 80yrs now, he was head of state in 1983, 37yrs ago, remove that from 80, that means he became the Head of State at the age of 43yrs and has bn instrumental corridor of power ever since.

See what we have.

What did we gain?

We need a change of mindset and attitude, we need a change in the way parents nurture and train their children.

Both young and old.

Yet we are here!"

Insightful

1 Like

Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by Newboss(m): 8:46am On Oct 26, 2020
allanphash7:

He is 55 now.

How youth can youth be!

Fashola is 57.

How youth can youth be?

Wike is 53.

That's 33-35.

How youth can youth be?

Ahmed Lawan is 61.

See what we have.

What did we gain?

Both young and old.

Yet we are here!"

I like people who have sense. You have sense

2 Likes

Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by ignis: 8:48am On Oct 26, 2020
That's his personal opinion.
Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by Ikennamurphy: 8:57am On Oct 26, 2020
zoedew:

That, exactly, is my point! It is irresponsible to consider funds spent repairing public infrastructure damaged by whatever means a "waste". Considering that the facilities were built with public funds it should be fairly obvious to any responsible person that the real waste is when such facilities are left unrepaired. What is more when you consider the circumstances that brought about the public unrest leading to the damage. Really unfortunate to have supposed leaders think and speak in such a manner!
Well I get your point but the truth remains that you can't keep destroying things as a hoodlum and expect no repercussions for your evil deeds.. Everything has its consequences

3 Likes

Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by YoungBlackRico(m): 9:01am On Oct 26, 2020
Governor wey get sense

1 Like

Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by naijakissleave(m): 9:02am On Oct 26, 2020
Pearly255:
Failed Leaders.....

Rubbish talk

The Governor is right. What warranted the protest and vandalism, is he not doing well in the state with little resources from FG ?

1 Like

Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by zoedew: 9:03am On Oct 26, 2020
Ikennamurphy:

Well I get your point but the truth remains that you can't keep destroying things as a hoodlum and expect no repercussions for your evil deeds.. Everything has its consequences

I did not speak in favour of vandalism, licentiousness and hooliganism.
Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by Princedapace(m): 9:12am On Oct 26, 2020
Jabioro:

So, no Yoruba person destroyed properties?

Ur shame dey shame me
Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by KosyJerry(m): 9:14am On Oct 26, 2020
Correct man.. Best governor and sure knows how to take actions

2 Likes

Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by MrRegret: 9:16am On Oct 26, 2020
We know who the enemies are now.
#KILL*THE*LEADERS
Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 26, 2020

Yet we are here!"[/quote]

Sound judgement. I love the way you reason.
Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by toprealman: 9:17am On Oct 26, 2020
Rubbish talk. How about handing over your monthly security vote to someone or a unit that can ensure proper peace and security in the state.
Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by Ikennamurphy: 9:17am On Oct 26, 2020
zoedew:

I did not speak in favour of vandalism, licentiousness and hooliganism.
Well it can't be isolated from it because the vandalism led to the governor making the statement
Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by Kaiser20: 9:22am On Oct 26, 2020
zoedew:
Very irresponsible statement!
Then make one responsible statement if you have one.

2 Likes

Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by Jerrychux18: 9:24am On Oct 26, 2020
Jabioro:

@Jabioro. You have become the Chief of the Investigation panel to have identified the identity of the hoodlums and their State of Origin. Talking trash
Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by MOLOTOVcockTAIL(m): 9:28am On Oct 26, 2020
Philistine:

Wike is already dealing with you people in Oyigbo, go and face wike.
Wretched Cowards ... I dare you a million times.
Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by toprealman: 9:32am On Oct 26, 2020
Shoe how clueless these guys are. Bros it is not your money. What's the SOP in place for handling situations like this?
We need systems and should also commit to continuous improvement.
Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by Lush100(m): 9:35am On Oct 26, 2020
The statement is a direction to the treatment of the symptoms not the disease that caused it.
People who talk like this think things/, problem just happen overnight.
When we had a little deep sore, if left untreated, it can become a dangerous wound, if still left untreated , it can become an unrepairable damage to the body,
That was how we got to where we are now.
Obasanjo said it long time ago that "we are sitting on a keg of gunpowder". He was talking about the untreated menance of unemployment.
Fortunately enough, OBJ tenor had the Nigeria economy swimming in lots of employment and jobs.
Did he and the politician in his time steal money? Yes.
But Did he address major issues of the Nigerian economy? Yes.
Except for power, OBJ handled the economy very well.
Others after him we're chasing shaodows and used media propaganda to sell themselves.
Else Dora Akinyuli of Nafdac of blessed memory should have been minister of health yet she was moved to minister of information knowing she had nothing to offer there.
Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by abidem4real: 9:40am On Oct 26, 2020
[quote author=adenigga post=95343969][/quote]
Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by abidem4real: 9:42am On Oct 26, 2020
[quote author=abidem4real post=95349521][/quote]

Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by aigbokiejohnson(m): 9:53am On Oct 26, 2020
Since you are on the way to APC. Wicked leaders
Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by inioluwaDaniels(m): 9:59am On Oct 26, 2020
No need to build self atleast it ll serve as a museum n tourist centers for d unborn generations
Re: Umahi: Facilities Destroyed During Riots Won't Be Rebuilt By My Administration by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 26, 2020
nony43:
Well said, I can't be building and some urchins will be destroying. I pity those destroying properties in Abia state, watch as taxes will increase the remaining months of this year
To destroy is bad but is it your money that's used to build them? Piont out any reasonable project he has done for the youth other than inflated project..
Go and visit those police stations and see how deapulated they are. Prison very dirty and smelly with poor or no facilities to enhance policing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Florida Man Jailed For 10 Years For Knowingly Infecting 3 Women With HIV (Photo) / Man Poisons Neighbour’s Pot Of Soup In Lagos ( Photo) / Husband Colludes With Wife, Sells Only Child For N500,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.