Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,027 members, 7,814,509 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Help I Top My 2008 V6 Honda Accord's Radiator With Water Everyday - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help I Top My 2008 V6 Honda Accord's Radiator With Water Everyday (2006 Views)

Advice Needed: Shock Absorber For My Camry 2008 V6 / Don't Top-up Your Radiator With Water. Use Engine Coolant / Please I Need Help My 2008 Cadillac Escalade Is Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help I Top My 2008 V6 Honda Accord's Radiator With Water Everyday by llade(m): 7:48am On Oct 27, 2020
Good Day All,

I observed that in the past few weeks after driving my 2008 V6 Honda Accord for a day, I usually have to put water in the radiator virtually every morning after driving the previous day. I have inspected the engine, radiator and have seen no visible leaks in the hoses or radiator. Also, when driving the temperature gauge is normal and does not go above the middle line. What do I do to rectify the problem please.

Thanks.
Re: Help I Top My 2008 V6 Honda Accord's Radiator With Water Everyday by weyreypey: 7:55am On Oct 27, 2020
llade:
Good Day All,

I observed that in the past few weeks after driving my 2008 V6 Honda Accord for a day, I usually have to put water in the radiator virtually every morning after driving the previous day. I have inspected the engine, radiator and have seen no visible leaks in the hoses or radiator. What do I do to rectify the problem please.

Thanks.

Sorry how much is that engine sef

1 Like

Re: Help I Top My 2008 V6 Honda Accord's Radiator With Water Everyday by llade(m): 8:01am On Oct 27, 2020
weyreypey:

Learnt it is about 400 - 450k
Re: Help I Top My 2008 V6 Honda Accord's Radiator With Water Everyday by weyreypey: 8:05am On Oct 27, 2020
llade:

Learnt it is about 400 - 450k

One hectare of land

7 Likes

Re: Help I Top My 2008 V6 Honda Accord's Radiator With Water Everyday by Kingdemu: 8:32am On Oct 27, 2020
weyreypey:

Real Weyrey grin

5 Likes

Re: Help I Top My 2008 V6 Honda Accord's Radiator With Water Everyday by Kingdemu: 8:33am On Oct 27, 2020
llade:
Good Day All,

I observed that in the past few weeks after driving my 2008 V6 Honda Accord for a day, I usually have to put water in the radiator virtually every morning after driving the previous day. I have inspected the engine, radiator and have seen no visible leaks in the hoses or radiator. Also, when driving the temperature gauge is normal and does not go above the middle line. What do I do to rectify the problem please.

Thanks.
Internal leak I guess. Holla Mr Gazzuzz
Re: Help I Top My 2008 V6 Honda Accord's Radiator With Water Everyday by weyreypey: 8:57am On Oct 27, 2020
Kingdemu:
Internal leak I guess. Holla Mr Gazzuzz
May even be external
Re: Help I Top My 2008 V6 Honda Accord's Radiator With Water Everyday by llade(m): 10:39am On Oct 27, 2020
weyreypey:

May even be external
Please what might be wrong.
Re: Help I Top My 2008 V6 Honda Accord's Radiator With Water Everyday by weyreypey: 10:48am On Oct 27, 2020
llade:

Please what might be wrong.
Gazzuzz
Re: Help I Top My 2008 V6 Honda Accord's Radiator With Water Everyday by ksmart027(m): 11:56am On Oct 27, 2020
llade:
Good Day All,

Thanks.
First start by checking your radiator cap, if it seals are bad it might be the culprit.

1 Like

Re: Help I Top My 2008 V6 Honda Accord's Radiator With Water Everyday by Enyimbamercedes: 1:31pm On Oct 27, 2020
Maybe the problem is that you put water rather than a coolant in your radiator.

3 Likes

Re: Help I Top My 2008 V6 Honda Accord's Radiator With Water Everyday by llade(m): 1:53pm On Oct 27, 2020
Enyimbamercedes:
Maybe the problem is that you put water rather than a coolant in your radiator.

Many thanks. I will put coolant instead and hopefully it will stop.
Re: Help I Top My 2008 V6 Honda Accord's Radiator With Water Everyday by cyborg123(m): 2:39pm On Oct 27, 2020
Check if any of your car floor mats is wet.
Re: Help I Top My 2008 V6 Honda Accord's Radiator With Water Everyday by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 27, 2020
llade:

Many thanks. I will put coolant instead and hopefully it will stop.

Wrong move and waste of money. If you're topping water everyday, using coolant won't stop it.

My money is on your radiator but don't take my words for it, have a competent mechanic check.

5 Likes

Re: Help I Top My 2008 V6 Honda Accord's Radiator With Water Everyday by kellystech(m): 2:52pm On Oct 27, 2020
llade:
Good Day All,

Thanks.
change your radiator cover
Re: Help I Top My 2008 V6 Honda Accord's Radiator With Water Everyday by melviniyke2002(m): 4:42pm On Oct 27, 2020
Check ur water pump area...if its leaking, dat might be d problem.....also check ur hose.....
Re: Help I Top My 2008 V6 Honda Accord's Radiator With Water Everyday by emmyN(m): 6:14pm On Oct 27, 2020
cyborg123:
Check if any of your car floor mats is wet.

If they are?
Re: Help I Top My 2008 V6 Honda Accord's Radiator With Water Everyday by cyborg123(m): 8:38pm On Oct 27, 2020
emmyN:

If they are?
A leaking heater core can cause the OP's symptoms. The leak usually pools under the floor mat(s).
Re: Help I Top My 2008 V6 Honda Accord's Radiator With Water Everyday by emmyN(m): 8:41pm On Oct 27, 2020
cyborg123:

A leaking heater core can cause the OP's symptoms. The leak usually pools under the floor mat(s).

This may be what I'm experiencing. Will a bypass be a remedy (temporary) to that too?
Re: Help I Top My 2008 V6 Honda Accord's Radiator With Water Everyday by cyborg123(m): 8:45pm On Oct 27, 2020
emmyN:

This may be what I'm experiencing. Will a bypass be a remedy (temporary) to that too?
Yes. If you don't need the heater, you may even make it a permanent bypass. It hurts nothing.
Re: Help I Top My 2008 V6 Honda Accord's Radiator With Water Everyday by AutoMoTech(m): 8:46pm On Oct 27, 2020
OP my simple advice is this.
There are numerous causes of water/coolant loss.
Since you do not complain of overheating or a misfiring engine the we can "assume" its not a burnt gasket.
However try and find a tech that has a cooling system test kit. with it you can pressurize the system and check if there are any external leaks. If the pressure drops and you cant find the leak then it might be internal (inside the engine).
Re: Help I Top My 2008 V6 Honda Accord's Radiator With Water Everyday by emmyN(m): 8:47pm On Oct 27, 2020
cyborg123:

Yes. If you don't need the heater, you may even make it a permanent bypass. It hurts nothing.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Help I Top My 2008 V6 Honda Accord's Radiator With Water Everyday by llade(m): 3:40pm On Oct 29, 2020
Many thanks to you all. I did a check and observed the radiator was leaking badly. I filled the radiator with water and left if overnight only to discover water on the ground. Just changed the radiator and the cap, everything looks fine now.

7 Likes

Re: Help I Top My 2008 V6 Honda Accord's Radiator With Water Everyday by Kingdemu: 3:48pm On Oct 29, 2020
llade:
Many thanks to you all. I did a check and observed the radiator was leaking badly. I filled the radiator with water and left if overnight only to discover water on the ground. Just changed the radiator and the cap, everything looks fine now.
Use your car manufacturer recommended coolant pls

1 Like

Re: Help I Top My 2008 V6 Honda Accord's Radiator With Water Everyday by MOTIONTECH(m): 6:01pm On Oct 29, 2020
. i
Re: Help I Top My 2008 V6 Honda Accord's Radiator With Water Everyday by Chukwujohn(m): 9:15pm On Oct 29, 2020
Dear op,has the issue been solved kindly contact me on WhatsApp 07026487133
Re: Help I Top My 2008 V6 Honda Accord's Radiator With Water Everyday by llade(m): 8:36pm On Oct 30, 2020
Chukwujohn:
Dear op,has the issue been solved kindly contact me on WhatsApp 07026487133
It has been resolved thanks.
Re: Help I Top My 2008 V6 Honda Accord's Radiator With Water Everyday by AutoMoTech(m): 10:33pm On Oct 30, 2020
llade:
Congratulations... Thank you for the feedback
Re: Help I Top My 2008 V6 Honda Accord's Radiator With Water Everyday by EngRichie: 8:28am On Oct 31, 2020
Check the radiator cover, both internal and external leakage

This might help give more details about what others have said
Re: Help I Top My 2008 V6 Honda Accord's Radiator With Water Everyday by EngRichie: 8:30am On Oct 31, 2020
Good

llade:

It has been resolved thanks.
Re: Help I Top My 2008 V6 Honda Accord's Radiator With Water Everyday by 2special(m): 9:46pm On Jun 11, 2022
Kingdemu:
Use your car manufacturer recommended coolant pls
Good evening sir, please how or where can I get the recommended coolant, is it written any where in the vehicle?
Re: Help I Top My 2008 V6 Honda Accord's Radiator With Water Everyday by Kingdemu: 3:35pm On Jun 12, 2022
2special:
Good evening sir, please how or where can I get the recommended coolant, is it written any where in the vehicle?
Check your car manual.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is 2011 Hyundai Sonata 2.0T SE A Good Buy? / Any Specific Cars For Ladies And Men ? / *HELP* Mechanic Spayed Carb Spray Into My Actuator...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.