Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Lekki Shooting: I'm Not Dead - Lady Cries Out After Seeing Her 'RIP' Online - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lekki Shooting: I'm Not Dead - Lady Cries Out After Seeing Her 'RIP' Online (73533 Views)

Lekki Shooting Victim Receiving Free Treatment Steals Nurse's Phone / 'I’m Not Dead' - EndSARS Protester Whose Photo Was Circulated As Dead / Ritualist Rape And Dumped A Dead Lady’s Body By The Roadside In Imo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lekki Shooting: I'm Not Dead - Lady Cries Out After Seeing Her 'RIP' Online by Benwallt(m): 4:39am On Oct 28, 2020
A lady allegedly killed by the Nigerian Army during the shooting that greeted the #ENDSARS protest at Lekki Tollgate, Lagos, said she’s still alive and hearty.

She said the rumours of her death was a purported attack by unscrupulous elements who hid under the End SARS protest to tarnish her image.

Security agents had allegedly shot at #ENDSARS protesters at the Lekki Tollgate on Tuesday, October 20, leading to yet-to-be ascertained number of casualties.

The shooting incident had also attracted national and international outcry, with the Lagos State and Federal governments being urged to unravel the identity of the shooters and who deployed them.

The alleged Lekki Tollgate death victim, Stephen Becky, spoke to our correspondent via telephone call on Tuesday while describing the news of her death as “untrue and unbelievable”.

Becky, who finished from Jireh Educational Centre in 2018, hails from Rivers State where she currently resides with her father and six other siblings.

According to her, she got the news of her death from a friend of her elder sister who screenshot it from a group and sent to her sister’s Direct Message (DM).

“Someone posted my picture that I was among the people that was shot at Lekki Tollgate. I was very sad and angry for someone to use my picture to write RIP (Rest in Peace) when I am still alive.

“Please, I want people to know that I am very much alive, the tension they are giving my parents and siblings is too much,” Becky told Vanguard Community during an exclusive interview.

The Rivers-born said her mother had to travel from the village to check on her when she heard the rumoured news of her death, urging the members of the public to discard the news.

Vanguard learnt the purported news of Miss Becky’s death was first posted by a Facebook user but later brought down by the latter when confronted by a friend of the former’s sister.

Reacting, Ihuoma Favour, the friend of Becky’s sister described the story as falsehood while narrating how the saga started.

“I went online and saw the post (Becky’s obituary); l’m a member in one Facebook group, so anything posted there, definitely l’m gonna see it unless l’m not online. So, I saw the post because the person attached it with that group. I immediately screenshot the picture and called Becky’s elder sister to confirm.

“So, when I heard her (Becky’s sister) voice, I told her what I saw and also sent it to her. She told me her sister (Becky) was with her and that I should discard the story.

“I chatted the lady that posted the news to discard the rumours of Becky’s death but to my amazement, she (the poster) replied: ‘Ok she survive’. I scolded her but she never replied after then,”

On her relationship with the alleged victim, Favour said; “Becky Stephen is my friend’s junior sister and also my junior in school back then. She’s someone I know so well, she doesn’t have problem and respect people.”

She however, cautioned those spreading rumours of Becky’s death to desist from such act.

“So I see no reason why someone would post such thing about her. They should please stop posting news of her death,” she concluded.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/10/lekki-shooting-im-not-dead-lady-cries-out-after-seeing-her-alleged-rip-picture-on-social-media/amp/

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lekki Shooting: I'm Not Dead - Lady Cries Out After Seeing Her 'RIP' Online by Benwallt(m): 4:41am On Oct 28, 2020
Djswitch, you see your failed life. Shame on you for misleading gullible Nigerians just for cheap fame

242 Likes 38 Shares

Re: Lekki Shooting: I'm Not Dead - Lady Cries Out After Seeing Her 'RIP' Online by Kdon2: 4:55am On Oct 28, 2020
Benwallt:
Djswitch, you see your failed life. Shame on you for misleading gullible Nigerians just for cheap fame

Ofo! You lack sense... Governor sanwo olu confirmed two death from the shooting already in hisl broadcast. He even went to visit victims. Everyone can not be unfortunate like you!

726 Likes 41 Shares

Re: Lekki Shooting: I'm Not Dead - Lady Cries Out After Seeing Her 'RIP' Online by Commentor: 4:58am On Oct 28, 2020
And they went to town burning their own means of transport, the banks they run business with, looting shops and private businesses with impunity.

Even cavemen would do better.

142 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Lekki Shooting: I'm Not Dead - Lady Cries Out After Seeing Her 'RIP' Online by AlhajiNatty(m): 5:00am On Oct 28, 2020
Tarnish which image?
These days, everyone is claiming their image wants to be tarnished, even those whose image is nothing to write home about.

122 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lekki Shooting: I'm Not Dead - Lady Cries Out After Seeing Her 'RIP' Online by DWJOBScom(m): 5:19am On Oct 28, 2020
Source please??
As we are tired of lies from both sides - those for and against the government.

18 Likes

Re: Lekki Shooting: I'm Not Dead - Lady Cries Out After Seeing Her 'RIP' Online by ifytrik(m): 5:21am On Oct 28, 2020

1 Like

Re: Lekki Shooting: I'm Not Dead - Lady Cries Out After Seeing Her 'RIP' Online by misano(m): 5:25am On Oct 28, 2020
Benwallt:

We have passed this part of the story already. Sanwo-olu said at least 2 died & the army have confirmed the attack.

Rumors will always fly. But can't discredit fact.

DJ Switch must be ur worse nightmare....

200 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Lekki Shooting: I'm Not Dead - Lady Cries Out After Seeing Her 'RIP' Online by misano(m): 5:30am On Oct 28, 2020
Benwallt:

DJ Switch is more popular than ur entire family put together...

She is a fantastic DJ with a good reputation but unfortunately she has become your biggest nightmare right now.

188 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Lekki Shooting: I'm Not Dead - Lady Cries Out After Seeing Her 'RIP' Online by Ubykcee(m): 5:37am On Oct 28, 2020
sad
Commentor:
And they went to town burning their own means of transport, the banks they run business with, looting shops and private businesses with impunity.

Even cavemen would do better.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Shooting: I'm Not Dead - Lady Cries Out After Seeing Her 'RIP' Online by Nobody: 5:41am On Oct 28, 2020
misano:

She is a fantastic DJ with a good reputation but unfortunately she has become your biggest nightmare right now.
So?

69 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lekki Shooting: I'm Not Dead - Lady Cries Out After Seeing Her 'RIP' Online by Benwallt(m): 6:14am On Oct 28, 2020
Kdon2:

Ofo! You lack sense... Governor sanwo olu confirmed two death from the shooting already in hisl broadcast. He even went to visit victims. Everyone can not be unfortunate like you!
You are the chairman of the gullible Nigerians I mentioned in my post. 2 - 78 = 76. Where are the remaining 76? Go n sit down n choke on the lollypop DJScrap bought for you. You n your kinds are the reason we don't have peace in the world. Sentiments have obliterated your world n commonsense has become an unassailable barrier to the urchin n hooligan you have grown to be.

162 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Lekki Shooting: I'm Not Dead - Lady Cries Out After Seeing Her 'RIP' Online by Benwallt(m): 6:23am On Oct 28, 2020
misano:

To hell with popularity. Who cares. I cried for you. If your father had used condom n the father of many like you did the same we won't be having these calamities and lawlessness that pervade the society. Go get a noose n do the needful. The rest of us will pop champagne when the news filters in. You are going to hell

90 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lekki Shooting: I'm Not Dead - Lady Cries Out After Seeing Her 'RIP' Online by Benwallt(m): 6:27am On Oct 28, 2020
AlhajiNatty:
Tarnish which image?
These days, everyone is claiming their image wants to be tarnished, even those whose image is nothing to write home about.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin wicked guy

10 Likes

Re: Lekki Shooting: I'm Not Dead - Lady Cries Out After Seeing Her 'RIP' Online by Benwallt(m): 6:28am On Oct 28, 2020
DWJOBScom:
Source please??
As we are tired of lies from both sides - those for and against the government.
Vanguard

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Shooting: I'm Not Dead - Lady Cries Out After Seeing Her 'RIP' Online by Benwallt(m): 6:34am On Oct 28, 2020
OZOnNengiTheory:
So?
To the disoriented yoot, popularity is ok with giving false information n he must believe it. I am sure if DJSwitch tells him that his mother adopted him he would believe her because of the popularity. So unfortunate

83 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lekki Shooting: I'm Not Dead - Lady Cries Out After Seeing Her 'RIP' Online by babatunji36117: 7:44am On Oct 28, 2020
:DJ Switch is more popular than ur entire family put together...She is a fantastic DJ with a good reputation but unfortunately she has become your biggest nightmare right now. So?

1 Like

Re: Lekki Shooting: I'm Not Dead - Lady Cries Out After Seeing Her 'RIP' Online by misano(m): 8:16am On Oct 28, 2020
Benwallt:
To hell with popularity. Who cares. I cried for you. If your father had used condom n the father of many like you did the same we won't be having these calamities and lawlessness that pervade the society. Go get a noose n do the needful. The rest of us will pop champagne when the news filters in. You are going to hell

Kiss D truth. DJ Switch is more relevant than ur entire family. Just Google ur name & Google her name & then U know who is more relevant. Have fun....

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Shooting: I'm Not Dead - Lady Cries Out After Seeing Her 'RIP' Online by misano(m): 8:25am On Oct 28, 2020
OZOnNengiTheory:
So?

Hey stop quoting me bin bag ..

4 Likes

Re: Lekki Shooting: I'm Not Dead - Lady Cries Out After Seeing Her 'RIP' Online by greensandy: 8:26am On Oct 28, 2020
misano:

Kiss D truth. DJ Switch is more relevant than ur entire family. Just Google ur name & Google her name & then U know who is more relevant. Have fun....

You live your life on Google.

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lekki Shooting: I'm Not Dead - Lady Cries Out After Seeing Her 'RIP' Online by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 28, 2020
misano:

Hey stop quoting me bin bag ..

So? undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Shooting: I'm Not Dead - Lady Cries Out After Seeing Her 'RIP' Online by dukeprince50: 8:36am On Oct 28, 2020
CAPSLOCKED this is what I was talking about, with all these things, its hard to believe anyone died.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lekki Shooting: I'm Not Dead - Lady Cries Out After Seeing Her 'RIP' Online by Hambivert: 8:36am On Oct 28, 2020
sparogatively, that's how Buhari and his people are also crying out that he is not dead, but the majority believe he is tongue

P.S : Live a life where people would want you alive than dead!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Shooting: I'm Not Dead - Lady Cries Out After Seeing Her 'RIP' Online by oluwaseyi0: 8:36am On Oct 28, 2020
Benwallt:

Your dementia president buhari not dj switch ordered the shooting, the governor has confirmed records of deaths

I guess you are a paid online hoodlum

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Shooting: I'm Not Dead - Lady Cries Out After Seeing Her 'RIP' Online by spafu(m): 8:36am On Oct 28, 2020
Ok
Re: Lekki Shooting: I'm Not Dead - Lady Cries Out After Seeing Her 'RIP' Online by TheGreatFinesse: 8:36am On Oct 28, 2020
Make we see the screenshots of the chat undecided

Most of you are been paid to do this

And seun just move it to fp without any evidence of the said chat.

I'm starting to suspect all of you in this forum

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Shooting: I'm Not Dead - Lady Cries Out After Seeing Her 'RIP' Online by ignis: 8:37am On Oct 28, 2020
Congratulations to her
Re: Lekki Shooting: I'm Not Dead - Lady Cries Out After Seeing Her 'RIP' Online by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 28, 2020
BMC food don land. , Arewa, Sarki and Abboki them go come masturbate for here

1 Like

Re: Lekki Shooting: I'm Not Dead - Lady Cries Out After Seeing Her 'RIP' Online by kilomodemoh: 8:37am On Oct 28, 2020
u die for social media be dat

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Shooting: I'm Not Dead - Lady Cries Out After Seeing Her 'RIP' Online by newharddrives(m): 8:37am On Oct 28, 2020
Which pple dey do all this death wishing

1 Like

Re: Lekki Shooting: I'm Not Dead - Lady Cries Out After Seeing Her 'RIP' Online by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 28, 2020
This wasn’t trended on any social media, this was posted on Facebook.

And only few people take Facebook posts serious

16 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lady Stabs Her Husband-To-Be Dead With A Knife In Anambra (Graphic Photos) / Bitcoin Lord Released From EFCC Custody, Buys New Car / Woman Offered Us N500,000 To Kill Her Husband, Says Suspect (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.