Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,310 members, 7,815,564 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Don't Attack Oil Facilities - Omo-Agege Begs Niger Delta Youths - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don't Attack Oil Facilities - Omo-Agege Begs Niger Delta Youths (22411 Views)

Why Some Of Us In APC Don't Attack Atiku - Garba Adamu / Peter Obi To Supporters: Don't Attack Anybody On My Behalf / Attack On Amaechi: Niger Delta Youths Give IPOB 7 Days To Apologize (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Attack Oil Facilities - Omo-Agege Begs Niger Delta Youths by nairapark: 4:16pm On Oct 28, 2020
The Deputy President of the Senate, Ovie Omo-Agege, has appealed to members of the Reformed Niger Delta Avengers to halt their planned attacks on oil facilities in the region.

He said going ahead with their threat would create economic setback for the country and cause additional environmental degradation in the area.

Omo-Agege’s appeal, according to a statement by his media office on Wednesday, came on the heels of recent threats by a coalition of nine militant groups in the Niger-Delta region.

The coalition had expressed its preparedness to resume hostilities by attacking oil and gas facilities if the Federal Government did not meet the demands of #EndSARS protesters across the country.

The militant groups under the aegis of the RNDA, had after an emergency meeting in Delta State last week, announced their preparedness to dump the ceasefire accord with the Federal Government and engage military forces.

Specifically, they threatened to resume attacks on some identified oil facilities in the region if nothing was done to redress the issues of poor welfare, armed oppression and inequality in the standard of living between the citizens and political elite.

However, Omo-Agege, according to the press statement, appealed to the youths to sheathe their swords when he met a delegation of Oil and Gas Host Communities of Nigeria, in Abuja.

The delegation was led by Chief Wellington Okrika.

He assured them that their demands would be tabled before the Presidency.

He said, “Whatever it is, we must maintain peace in the Niger Delta. I say this in view of the new agitations by the Reformed Niger Delta Avengers.

“We are just coming out of the #EndSARS protest which, of course, we all witnessed how a peaceful protest was hijacked by those with sinister agenda.

“We are all witnesses to what happened afterwards even when we must acknowledge that in a democracy, protest is a right provided those that do it do so peacefully without abridging the rights of others.”

He added, “We are here to champion their request. We don’t want the peace of the Niger Delta to be disturbed or disrupted. We are here to protect the interest of our people.

“I may be the Deputy President of the Senate today but, I am first of all, a Senator representing my people. I am here and I am your own. I am your eye. We shall not disappoint you.

“Take this commendation to our brothers in the creeks that they have done well in keeping the peace and we will table their request before the authorities as they have channelled that request through me. We shall ensure the right things are done.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/dont-attack-oil-facilities-omo-agege-begs-niger-delta-youths/%3famp=1

2 Likes

Re: Don't Attack Oil Facilities - Omo-Agege Begs Niger Delta Youths by ACxxxMAN: 4:20pm On Oct 28, 2020
Perspective-taking is the neglected secret of constructive problem solving, negotiations, conflict resolution. It's important to consider opinions of others for easy problem resolution.

The last time the Avengers descended on our oil facilities we all know how the story ended. I commend Omo Agege for appealing to the Avangers not to destroy Our oil facilities as it will further dampen our struggling economy.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don't Attack Oil Facilities - Omo-Agege Begs Niger Delta Youths by gift2xl: 4:25pm On Oct 28, 2020
Am interested in comments.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't Attack Oil Facilities - Omo-Agege Begs Niger Delta Youths by Fahdiga(m): 4:32pm On Oct 28, 2020
Always begging whenever their cash cow is threatened but will loot alone

133 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Don't Attack Oil Facilities - Omo-Agege Begs Niger Delta Youths by Marine54(m): 4:42pm On Oct 28, 2020
Zamfara gold belong to zamfara state, while Niger Delta oil belong to ....... angry

159 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Don't Attack Oil Facilities - Omo-Agege Begs Niger Delta Youths by html14java(f): 6:07pm On Oct 28, 2020
Hmmmm. It won't end in begging o...

Nigeria needs restructuring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwQVnKXERbw

83 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Don't Attack Oil Facilities - Omo-Agege Begs Niger Delta Youths by BigBrother9ja: 6:07pm On Oct 28, 2020
Let the mofo hoodlums try it nau

PYTHON GO SHAKE BODY FOR DIA YANSH
Re: Don't Attack Oil Facilities - Omo-Agege Begs Niger Delta Youths by BigBrother9ja: 6:07pm On Oct 28, 2020
Re: Don't Attack Oil Facilities - Omo-Agege Begs Niger Delta Youths by Starzo: 6:07pm On Oct 28, 2020
omo-agege is a bastard

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't Attack Oil Facilities - Omo-Agege Begs Niger Delta Youths by JoeEeL(m): 6:07pm On Oct 28, 2020
When you threaten that very oil flow, they start to beg. They start to become extremely restless. That's their weakpoint. Human life doesn't really matter too them. In fact, they'll invite soldiers to kill just to force useless and false 'peace and unity' so as to keep up their investments. Useless set of rulers cool

72 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Don't Attack Oil Facilities - Omo-Agege Begs Niger Delta Youths by Mokason288(m): 6:07pm On Oct 28, 2020
Nigeria don tire me... anything to make it break up fast is a welcome Idea .... Blow up everything plsssss let’s start all over from the start

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't Attack Oil Facilities - Omo-Agege Begs Niger Delta Youths by Dididrumz(m): 6:07pm On Oct 28, 2020
Something really dangerous is cooking.

If this thing starts, Nigeria will be in total Chaos.

7 Likes

Re: Don't Attack Oil Facilities - Omo-Agege Begs Niger Delta Youths by Upinmymaserati(m): 6:07pm On Oct 28, 2020
That na die ooo

2 Likes

Re: Don't Attack Oil Facilities - Omo-Agege Begs Niger Delta Youths by Kokoredd: 6:07pm On Oct 28, 2020
MAKE UNA PATRONIZE

LET YOUR SITTING ROOM LOOK BEAUTIFUL AND ATTRACTIV BY USING THIS TV LED- LIGHT TO DECORATE YOUR TELEVISION. KEEP THAT AESTHETIC LOOK IN YOUR TOILET WITH THE TOILET LED TOO

FOR YOUR ORDER, PLEASE
WHATS-APP OR CALL 080,.,550,.,86,.,3_12

1 Share

Re: Don't Attack Oil Facilities - Omo-Agege Begs Niger Delta Youths by seeker121(m): 6:08pm On Oct 28, 2020
Beg your pple in APC to do the needful and let them make life bearable for the masses.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Attack Oil Facilities - Omo-Agege Begs Niger Delta Youths by Erotix: 6:08pm On Oct 28, 2020
tongue
Re: Don't Attack Oil Facilities - Omo-Agege Begs Niger Delta Youths by Sunnycliff(m): 6:08pm On Oct 28, 2020
What have u done with the oil money thus far, oga Senator? Royal rumble agege bread. Very dishonorable hoodlum that stole the mace during last 8th senate

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't Attack Oil Facilities - Omo-Agege Begs Niger Delta Youths by NSK4U(m): 6:08pm On Oct 28, 2020
Zamfara gold nko?

Foolish southern politicians messing everything up!!

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don't Attack Oil Facilities - Omo-Agege Begs Niger Delta Youths by fasho01(m): 6:08pm On Oct 28, 2020
Because that's where you feed fat from

6 Likes

Re: Don't Attack Oil Facilities - Omo-Agege Begs Niger Delta Youths by athaboi(f): 6:08pm On Oct 28, 2020
Why? So that your salary and allowance will keep coming abi?? This people are the real hoodlums

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don't Attack Oil Facilities - Omo-Agege Begs Niger Delta Youths by Loveurneighbour: 6:08pm On Oct 28, 2020
Following
Re: Don't Attack Oil Facilities - Omo-Agege Begs Niger Delta Youths by Adesayo1: 6:08pm On Oct 28, 2020
Omo mushin

1 Like

Re: Don't Attack Oil Facilities - Omo-Agege Begs Niger Delta Youths by southsouthking(m): 6:08pm On Oct 28, 2020
Mtchewwww
Begging for their own selfish interest.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Attack Oil Facilities - Omo-Agege Begs Niger Delta Youths by money121(m): 6:08pm On Oct 28, 2020
Ok
Re: Don't Attack Oil Facilities - Omo-Agege Begs Niger Delta Youths by ollyboy009(m): 6:09pm On Oct 28, 2020
You have been attacking their future for this past six decades sir.

Do you have an ocassion to attend in group? Need a confortable ride within Lagos? Check my siggy.

6 Likes

Re: Don't Attack Oil Facilities - Omo-Agege Begs Niger Delta Youths by Savager: 6:09pm On Oct 28, 2020
You can imagine the mace thief begging people... haa oga we are following your footsteps.

6 Likes

Re: Don't Attack Oil Facilities - Omo-Agege Begs Niger Delta Youths by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 6:09pm On Oct 28, 2020
Loool

They don't want anything to affect their ATM machine. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Attack Oil Facilities - Omo-Agege Begs Niger Delta Youths by ignis: 6:10pm On Oct 28, 2020
Hmmmmn... We have even forgotten.
Re: Don't Attack Oil Facilities - Omo-Agege Begs Niger Delta Youths by AFULA(m): 6:10pm On Oct 28, 2020
okay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Didn’t Bathe For 56 Days In Kidnappers’ Den – Freed Kaduna Students / Mohammed Idris: Why Bandits Kidnapped Me – Niger Commissioner / Governor Obiano Constructs Nengo Bridge, Nteje Oyi LGA (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.