Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,304 members, 7,850,083 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:04 PM

Buhari Is The Biggest Threat To Nigeria’s Democracy- Washington Post - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Is The Biggest Threat To Nigeria’s Democracy- Washington Post (4462 Views)

#Endsars:Buhari Is The Biggest Threat To Nigeria’s Democracy--Washington Post / Sowore: Washington Post Condemns Buhari Over Detention / Washington Post Reacts To Buhari Clone Denial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Is The Biggest Threat To Nigeria’s Democracy- Washington Post by erhabor11(m): 7:47am On Oct 30, 2020
AchalugoNwa:
lalasticlala fp
don't dream it nor conceive it. This kind of message don't get to front page

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is The Biggest Threat To Nigeria’s Democracy- Washington Post by MajohBankz: 7:56am On Oct 30, 2020
Send that memo to every nairaland resident zombie for effective personal understanding of their supremo's unrivaled failure
Re: Buhari Is The Biggest Threat To Nigeria’s Democracy- Washington Post by Kccheechy(m): 8:12am On Oct 30, 2020
Buhari is not our problem. The problem of Nigeria is Nigerians... The average Nigerian man is fantastically corrupt!!!! So many if u was condemning Buhari today will do worse if they find themselves in his position... The average Nigerian man is always looking for a way to cheat his fellow man in business. You can hardly see a honest Nigerian. In fact if as a Nigerian you are honest, you are the dumbest. The average Nigerian man always let's his emotions overide his ability to think logically. Some stupidly refuse to reason at all.. And please, we don't want the LGBTQ in our nation!!!! It's funny how the west depend on science to tell us if the world would be habitable in 100 years or not but when a baby boy is born even with matching hormones and reproductive organs, science becomes optional. No to LGBTQ!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Is The Biggest Threat To Nigeria’s Democracy- Washington Post by Burruchaga71(m): 8:21am On Oct 30, 2020
Wike must surely go down!
Re: Buhari Is The Biggest Threat To Nigeria’s Democracy- Washington Post by saaron(m): 8:24am On Oct 30, 2020
Buhari/Impostor being a danger to democracy is nothing new. He earned the title way back in 1983 when he became the first tyrant in Nigeria's history to overthrow a democratically elected govt. The terrorist is basically the architect of Nigeria's underdevelopment.
Aside being a danger to democracy, buhari/impostor is also a mass murderer. Be rest assued that he and all members of his satanic regime will answer their crimes against humanity in ICC.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is The Biggest Threat To Nigeria’s Democracy- Washington Post by smoke9910(m): 8:25am On Oct 30, 2020
AchalugoNwa:
everybody knows that buhari is a criminal terrorist vagabond gworo chewing bastard criminal kunu sipping monkey
Guy u don finish all the insult, which one come remain for us now
Re: Buhari Is The Biggest Threat To Nigeria’s Democracy- Washington Post by omenka(m): 8:34am On Oct 30, 2020

Opinion by Innanoshe R.A.
Oct. 29, 2020 at 7:21 p.m. GMT+1
Innanoshe R.A. is a Nigerian writer, editor, lawyer and activist.
For those dumb enough to fall for the OPs topic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is The Biggest Threat To Nigeria’s Democracy- Washington Post by LagacyHills: 8:36am On Oct 30, 2020
This is serious oooo
Re: Buhari Is The Biggest Threat To Nigeria’s Democracy- Washington Post by nzube25779: 8:39am On Oct 30, 2020
A particular insight I read on New York times in 2016 made me stop supporting buhari, All what was written in the article has come true.
Re: Buhari Is The Biggest Threat To Nigeria’s Democracy- Washington Post by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 30, 2020
2by40ft:
As Trump said, Failing washingpost.
Writer's personal opinion.
He's well known Bigot.
are you serious what a fvking ret**d
Re: Buhari Is The Biggest Threat To Nigeria’s Democracy- Washington Post by Nobody: 9:08am On Oct 30, 2020
The truth is coming out.

The Washington post is a fake news media and the author who is suffering from mental slavery will do everything possible to tarnish the image of Nigeria for 12 pieces of silver

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is The Biggest Threat To Nigeria’s Democracy- Washington Post by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 30, 2020
Anybody still supporting this present crop of politicians are plainly stupid.. its high time youths stand up and wrestle power from all these corrupt and lazy ass politicians. Apc and PDP are all the same
Re: Buhari Is The Biggest Threat To Nigeria’s Democracy- Washington Post by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 30, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
The truth is coming out.

The Washington post is a fake news media and the author who is suffering from mental slavery will do everything possible to tarnish the image of Nigeria for 12 pieces of silver
what is there to tarnish again in this country?? nothing is working in this country anymore, virtually all sectors of our economy are smeared in corruption, People are dying of hunger people are being killed on a daily basis by terrorist but we have a president who one of his responsibilities is to secure and protect the life and properties of his citizens. This present crop of politicians we have had from the post-military era has all failed us but this present government is the worst
Re: Buhari Is The Biggest Threat To Nigeria’s Democracy- Washington Post by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 30, 2020
andrewegbuna:

what is there to tarnish again in this country?? nothing is working in this country anymore, virtually all sectors of our economy are smeared in corruption, People are dying of hunger people are being killed on a daily basis by terrorist but we have a president who one of his responsibilities is to secure and protect the life and properties of his citizens. This present crop of politicians we have had from the post-military era has all failed us but this present government is the worst

The article is bias written to tarnish the government

Yeah if every sector of the economy is smeared by corruption , then who are the people working there, is it not Nigerians, who works in the civil services and collecting bribes, isnt it Nigerians

You blame all the politicians for Nigeria's problems, how about Nigerians themselves.
Re: Buhari Is The Biggest Threat To Nigeria’s Democracy- Washington Post by Jamesz12: 9:20am On Oct 30, 2020
Please make it front page
Re: Buhari Is The Biggest Threat To Nigeria’s Democracy- Washington Post by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 30, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

Yeah if every sector of the economy is smeared by corruption , then who are the people working there, is it not Nigerians, who works in the civil services and collecting bribes, isnt it Nigerians

You blame all the politicians for Nigeria's problems, how about Nigerians themselves.

True most Nigerians would do worse if they get chance but this government came into power with the promise of tackling corruption but 6 years down d line, seems corruption in this country has gotten worse, that even d head of an anti-graft agency is been accused of corruption
Re: Buhari Is The Biggest Threat To Nigeria’s Democracy- Washington Post by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 30, 2020
andrewegbuna:

True most Nigerians would do worse if they get chance but this government came into power with the promise of tackling corruption but 6 years down d line, seems corruption in this country has gotten worse, that even d head of an anti-graft agency is been accused of corruption

The head of the anti graft commission was set up, till now they haven't found any trace of corruption, no indictment nothing, just witch hunting.

In my opinion, it will take more than 6 years to reduce corruption, corruption is everywhere, it is like a way of life in Nigeria
Re: Buhari Is The Biggest Threat To Nigeria’s Democracy- Washington Post by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 10:43am On Oct 30, 2020
Zenithpeak:

It is true that Nigerians are democratically ignorant but I have realised that odds are always against the masses in any general election in this country. The reason is that, our political space is deeply polarized, religious and tribal sentiments are our greatest undoing. We are always left with to bad options and whichever ways we go, we are at the receiving end of our thoughtless choices.

Until we are able to change the status quo.... I repeat, we are on a perilous journey of no return.

I do not really agree with you the problem which I see with Nigerian people all over the world is illiteracy. It is not only Nigeria but the whole world with Nigerians when you go to develop countries Nigerians will tell you is better to vote for somebody which can do nothing for them than to vote for an outsider we have to vote for ourselves it does not matter if we are suffering this is what Nigerians tell you in UK Europe and America. What I have noticed wait we Nigerians even in developed countries when we are suffering we are happy. Nigerians all over the world are only happy when they are suffering. I have seen this in America UK and Europe with with Nigerian people. It is not about choices in the country. When do you have a Nigerian professor in a developed country coming on TV and telling Nigerians in the country they should vote for a criminal it does not matter if they are suffering what do you expect Nigeria has nothing to do with that situation but that is what their citizens want . As somebody told me in Europe cockroach is better than Nigerian.

Nigeria will never vote for somebody which can do something they will only vote for their own criminal somebody which would do nothing for them that is what they like and they are proud

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is The Biggest Threat To Nigeria’s Democracy- Washington Post by NewBalance: 10:58am On Oct 30, 2020
Who reads Washington Post?

Only a dumbass.

Quote me and get a ban.
Re: Buhari Is The Biggest Threat To Nigeria’s Democracy- Washington Post by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 10:59am On Oct 30, 2020
daddytime:
Of a truth, a lot is indeed wrong with our country, Nigeria, and calls for a re-evaluation and fixing.

From the heading, I was expecting to read from a neutral-person point of view, but that isn't the case here which will naturally leave room for the writer to be accused of not being objective or biased.

What a country.

Until we all go back to the basics, to agree on where we got it all wrong, even though we have an idea from when we got it wrong, we all still need to accept our respective culpabilities, no matter how damning or painful to the ears they might sound, and honestly agree to work towards mending the burnt bridges and rebirthing that much-eroded trust that is presently our bane as a nation/people, we shall continue to run around in circles with the same oppressive and vengeful system still in place because true repentance and forgiveness from all parties involved aren't being talked about.

Everyone is still stubbornly claiming to be politically right.

The present system and constitution upon which Nigeria is being run were deliberately crafted in that manner to be vengeful, spiteful, evil, lopsided, and generally rotten.

To have a glimpse of an idea about what I mean, ask yourself this; why is it that, those who seem and sound sane from the sidelines, and supposedly activists for the masses easily get to lose their voices and instead get swallowed up in the quagmire of everything decrepit within the system the moment they ascend the ladder on to the corridors of power?

The answer is simple, and it is akin to wearing a spotless babaringa or well-tailored suit to climb down sewage and expect not to reek of poo or get blemished. How possible can this be?

I keep telling people that the problem with Nigeria is fundamental, foundational, and structural. And until we begin to sincerely seek a way to address these issues, we'd only be piling up more blocks or floors on a structurally defect sky scrapper and the result will always be an eventual collapse besides the severe and un-healable injuries that'd have been sustained along the way.

If we don't come out, in all honesty, to discuss, seek genuine forgiveness from each other, we won't make any headway even with a million #Endsars protest or youth parties combined.

I've always thought the oldies in power are 100% the problem and as such, a chance for the youths at governance will rectify all the malaise we are presently faced with. But having tried in my little way to birth a youth movement to realize the above and getting stuck along the way, I was forced back to the drawing table to have a rethink, go back in time to history, and find out what the problem truly is.

I soon realized that the problem isn't the people that get into government perse, neither is it their qualification, age, religion, or region, but the system through which they come and upon which they operate is flawed and deliberately so to achieve a set goal.

A set goal which boils down to the history of this country, a history set on "never again", a history set on the perceived or actual betrayal of trust, a history built on " fool me once, you are the fool but fool me twice, then I'm the fool", in short, a history set on, "forgetting and forgiving is a sin".

We all need to know our history to some extent to understand where we are coming from, where we are presently, including how we got here, and ultimately, where we are headed, how we intend to get there, and of all, if we will ever get there.

To understand our history, it would be important to understand where we were as a people pre-independence, post-independence, the 1966 coup, the post-coup events, the counter-coup, the civil war, and the subsequent events that have led us here today.

We need to go back to understanding our respective regions without any bias, prejudices, arrogance, name-calling or seeing our individual regions superior to the other, et al

It is one thing to meet someone as a man or woman, feel a connect, mutual love based on trust and decide to become a couple, it is another thing to see a young girl, and decide to use all your powers including but not limited to religion, popularity, culture, and external backing to hold her to ransom and against her wish for marriage. While the first can be seen as mutual and free-willing, the latter is clearly forced, and will only breed resentment, rancor, hate, and where all these are present, retrogression naturally takes root.

We need to get rid of a system that breeds youths to power and perpetuate them into oldies in power without recourse to their downlines.

How do we go back to our pre-1966 era?
How do we rebuild the trust for one another which our actions and inactions have eroded over time?
How do we rebuild a nation where no part of the union will feel more superior politically, economically, educationally, or otherwise to the other, and rub it in without any remorse?

Always remember that if you feel justified in your myopic and selfish belief that whatever god you worship has blessed you beyond measure and above your neighbor intellectually and educationally, and as such reserve, the right to see that neighbor as a sub-human or second class human, do not be surprised when that neighbor also prays to his god and gets answered when he requests to be blessed with his own gift which could be the gift to be the custodian of "Power" to rule over those who mocks him for his inability to assimilate or learn the ways of the white man as expected by his supposedly more "intelligent" and turenci speaking neighbors who would end up becoming spoke people for the supposedly "backward and unintelligent" neighbors. I hope say somebody dey understand me here... grin

E get reason why no be everybody dey sabi the white man language or way because everybody get him own unique gift from the sharer of gifts. Apart from that, who tell una say dem dey share sense, kindness, humility or how to be a good human being for school, and above all, una know wetin dem dey call native intelligence? Lol

Me wey dey write so na WAEC I get reach oh, I no even know where the certificate dey sef.

Humility and respect for one another should be a good way to start in our quest for restructuring.

God and nature can not be mocked at the same time, and if you are a fellow youth who still believes that the issues of this country Nigeria are solely physical, you had better wake up and smell the coffee.

The spiritual angle to it all dwarfs the physical you can see.

If the truth dey always sweet you for ear, you never hear better truth be that.

The truth dey bitter for the most part and e dey pain person for ear, but if you listen to am come agree say na the truth, come implement or refuse to implement am accordingly, you go dey on your way to freedom and peace of mind.

We have a way to go my people.

I be Nigerian boy from Edo State oh!

Anybody wey ready to do him best to see how we fit take heal together and rescue whatever we can of our country, I dey ready make we work together with genuine sincerity of purpose.

I agree with some of your comments.
What I have realised Nigerians cannot develop a country it is the truth but they do not want to hear it there are the people putting their head in the sand like an ostrich.
Go to developed countries are the African Communities and see how progressive they are example Kenya South African Ghanaian malawian namibian this African citizens are we more organised in developed countries. But the only thing you see Nigerians doing in developing countries praising a criminal up and down the place with no progress no development nothing I was just looking at Nigerians in Europe America UK India United Arab Emirates how they are suffering. once you give Nigerian people a chance the first thing they will do follow an idiot which will destroy them. I have always said the way you make your bed so you lie on it. first thing which comes to our heads is to run and support an idiot.

Re: Buhari Is The Biggest Threat To Nigeria’s Democracy- Washington Post by Jamesz12: 11:07am On Oct 30, 2020
Atleast it has a verifiable source from a well reputed international media house

Please take it to the front page
Re: Buhari Is The Biggest Threat To Nigeria’s Democracy- Washington Post by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 11:25am On Oct 30, 2020
Kccheechy:
Buhari is not our problem. The problem of Nigeria is Nigerians... The average Nigerian man is fantastically corrupt!!!! So many if u was condemning Buhari today will do worse if they find themselves in his position... The average Nigerian man is always looking for a way to cheat his fellow man in business. You can hardly see a honest Nigerian. In fact if as a Nigerian you are honest, you are the dumbest. The average Nigerian man always let's his emotions overide his ability to think logically. Some stupidly refuse to reason at all.. And please, we don't want the LGBTQ in our nation!!!! It's funny how the west depend on science to tell us if the world would be habitable in 100 years or not but when a baby boy is born even with matching hormones and reproductive organs, science becomes optional. No to LGBTQ!!!!

You are 1000% correct once you give Nigerian a chance is a criminal they will follow that is why all over the world nobody wants to employ in Nigeria once you give them a job is a criminal they will start running up and down the place. As long as Nigerians are ruling the country the country is not moving forward
Re: Buhari Is The Biggest Threat To Nigeria’s Democracy- Washington Post by NewBalance: 11:27am On Oct 30, 2020
fineboynl:
the palliative saga really exposed this administration. it will go down in history as the most corrupt administration ever.

You mean your state governor.

The federal government had done its part.
Re: Buhari Is The Biggest Threat To Nigeria’s Democracy- Washington Post by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 11:27am On Oct 30, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
The truth is coming out.

mental slavery is better than poverty slavery
Re: Buhari Is The Biggest Threat To Nigeria’s Democracy- Washington Post by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 11:29am On Oct 30, 2020
Please can you move this to the front page as soon as possible

Cc lalasticlala front page
Re: Buhari Is The Biggest Threat To Nigeria’s Democracy- Washington Post by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 11:41am On Oct 30, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

It is not the government it is the Citizens Nigerian only follow a criminal
Re: Buhari Is The Biggest Threat To Nigeria’s Democracy- Washington Post by Jdbrasco2: 11:48am On Oct 30, 2020
Buhari is the problem but tribalism and bigotry is keeping him in power.
Re: Buhari Is The Biggest Threat To Nigeria’s Democracy- Washington Post by Unik3030: 12:01pm On Oct 30, 2020
GTkester:
True, but not just buhari alone, but also the Yoruba Muslims and their Fulani almajiri.

But thankfully, we have the great Igbos, the non Muslim Yorubas and the middle belter progressive who are fixing the many failings of buhari. And if we continue working together, we will send buhari and his Fulani terrorists back to futa jalon from whence they came.

To the rest of Ndigbo, please ignore any post that tries to pit us against yoruba people, especially non Muslim Yorubas. True, we aren't friends with the yorubas, but at the same time we ain't enemies, we are just competitors. Yoruba people are learned, civilized and hardworking. Unlike the Abokis, who are uncivilized, uneducated and uncultured. So they are our real enemies and we must make sure we demarket and expose them before the the world.

Henceforth our media battles should only be for the Yoruba Muslims and their almajiri counterparts. Those people should be ostracized from our midst.
u Igbos go wail tire,either u like it or not the dullards will b your president till next election
Re: Buhari Is The Biggest Threat To Nigeria’s Democracy- Washington Post by bethelofficial: 12:15pm On Oct 30, 2020
Quality Artificial Bonsai For Interior Designs.

Re: Buhari Is The Biggest Threat To Nigeria’s Democracy- Washington Post by Racoon(m): 12:48pm On Oct 30, 2020
Some things never change in Nigeria. Police and military brutality, the terrible state of governance, the ubiquity of corruption, extreme poverty and inequality, unreliable power supply go in an endless cycle, like the year’s seasons.
Summary of this contraption of a nation.
Re: Buhari Is The Biggest Threat To Nigeria’s Democracy- Washington Post by unity004(m): 1:26pm On Oct 30, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Creation Of An Isoko East Local Government From Ndokwa East Of Delta State / Aregbesola Is From Ebiraland,kogi State / Prophetic Warning For Nigeria Election 2023 And Revolution There After

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.