Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,099 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Imo State Guber Debate: Gov Ikedi Ohakim Booed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo State Guber Debate: Gov Ikedi Ohakim Booed (2842 Views)

Lagos State Guber Election Part 2: Agbaje Or Ambode: Vote Now! / NUJ Guber Debate: Okorocha Leaves Opponent Confused(pics) / Alex Otti, Abia State Guber Candidate & Team Brutally Attacked By Thugs [Pics] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo State Guber Debate: Gov Ikedi Ohakim Booed by ZE: 4:23pm On Mar 11, 2011
Imo guber debat:: Ohakim booed
From VAL OKARA, Owerri
Friday, March 11, 2011

Photo: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section

A one-day public forum for governorship candidates in Imo State held in Owerri yesterday was nearly marred by intermittent interruption by the audience when the state Governor, Chief Ikedi Ohakim took the centre stage to address the gathering.

The forum, organized by the Justice Development and Peace Commission (JDPC) of the Catholic Bishops of the Owerri Ecclesiastical Province with the theme, ‘Preparing for rigging-free, violence-free and upright voting in Imo State,’ witnessed 12 governorship candidates in attendance.

The governorship candidates include Chief Ike Ibeh of the Social Mega party (SMP), Chief Ikedi Ohakim of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Chief Emeka Nwajiuba, Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), Chief Rochas Okorocha of All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), Senator Ifeanyi Araraume of Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) and Benneth Lemchi.
Others are Jerry Iheanacho of the CDC, Chief Emeka Duru of the Peoples Progressive Alliance,(PPA), Bernard Nkem Opara of Peoples Redemption Party (PRP), Robert Opara of Democratic Progressive Party (DPP) and Francis Onunagi of DFPF.

Ohakim , who was the sixth candidate to address the audience was constantly interrupted by the gathering , which did not go down well with him. Angered by the development (action of the crowd), Chief Ohakim threatened to quit the exercise midway if the organizers were unable to control the crowd . He accused the organizers to have hired thugs to boo him, saying the programme was skewed to favour some candidates. It took the Catholic Archbishop of Owerri, most Revd. Dr. Anthony Obinna and other priests , to prevail on the crowd to hear out the governor.

Ohakim, while speaking, urged his opponents to shun peer rivalry and jealousy, even as he advised them to forward plans and programmes that could move the state forward. He added that he was laying a foundation for local government, legislative and political reforms, while he had handed over mission schools to the original owners.

The governor, denied ever borrowing money from banks except the N18.5 billion bond and had sent 41 executive bills to the state House of Assembly for good governance .
Re: Imo State Guber Debate: Gov Ikedi Ohakim Booed by andrewnwa: 4:38pm On Mar 11, 2011
Honestly, all these paid agents and cowards masquerading under fake names to defame and spread falsehood against Dr Ikedi Ohakim should be ashamed of themselves. How can you damage another man's name so, simply because you want power? When I saw this false information about Dr Ikedi Ohakim I quickly clicked on the link below and nowhere was it mentioned in the article written by false reporters. Why drag Ohakim’s name to the mud? You guys have succeeded in proving to the world that even the allegations levelled against Ohakim was a fabrication.
Besides, is this what Imo politics has degenerated to? Shouldn't all the gubernatorial candidates concentrate on issues as opposed to mudslinging? It is evident that Dr Ikedi Ohakim must be the man to beat for all these negative energies and heaps of lies against him. Please lets allow our God sent governor Dr Ikedi Ohakim to concentrate on his visions and mission for Imo State, cause he has done so much in the state most especially in the areas of infrastructural development, which is very obvious when you come to Imo state.
Gov. Ohakim being the incumbent governor has a chance --in fact opportunity to win Imo State without much hassles, i.e. based on is achievement which is on <www.imostate.gov.ng> .
Please lets try to be factual instead of posting false things about our incumbent governor.

Thank you.
Re: Imo State Guber Debate: Gov Ikedi Ohakim Booed by ezecharles(m): 4:40pm On Mar 11, 2011
[s]A one-day public forum for governorship candidates in Imo State held in Owerri yesterday was nearly marred by intermittent interruption by the audience when the state Governor, Chief Ikedi Ohakim took the centre stage to address the gathering.

The forum, organized by the Justice Development and Peace Commission (JDPC) of the Catholic Bishops of the Owerri Ecclesiastical Province with the theme, ‘Preparing for rigging-free, violence-free and upright voting in Imo State,’ witnessed 12 governorship candidates in attendance.
[/s]

I wouldn't want to gag you from making a baseless post in the internet. But i f i were you, i would work on facts. Of a truth, you wasn't present in the debate in the first place. Secondly, you didnt see any such news in sun news. And that reminds me, clueless guys like you cannot lay hands on a common cheap newspaper.

Read this:

A one-day public forum for governorship candidates in Imo State held in Owerri yesterday was nearly marred by intermittent interruption by the audience when the state Governor, Chief Ikedi Ohakim took the centre stage to address the gathering.

http://www.nigerianhornnewspaper.com.ng/?p=399
Re: Imo State Guber Debate: Gov Ikedi Ohakim Booed by ZE: 5:35pm On Mar 11, 2011
Re: Imo State Guber Debate: Gov Ikedi Ohakim Booed by ezecharles(m): 6:43pm On Mar 11, 2011
@ZE,
Now tell me, is there anything wrong in the press releases? I think its a credit to him to have been so friendly with the oponents even in the face of political rivalry.

Read,
", Ohakim, while speaking, urged his opponents to shun peer rivalry and jealousy, even as he advised them to forward plans and programmes that could move the state forward. He added that he was laying a foundation for local government, legislative and political reforms, while he had handed over mission schools to the original owners.

The governor, denied ever borrowing money from banks except the N18.5 billion bond and had sent 41 executive bills to the state House of Assembly for good governance , "
Re: Imo State Guber Debate: Gov Ikedi Ohakim Booed by ZE: 7:20pm On Mar 11, 2011
@ezecharles.

I didnt mean to upset you, I simply forwarded the source of the information because you taught it was all framed up.

You don't need to go too far in trying to defend a governor who has ruled Imo State for almost 4 years. If he has performed averagely well the facts will speak for itself.

No human being can publicly boo a man like Fashola in lagos state (and some other state governors) because of the outstanding performance.

Someone accused you of being a paid internet agent for Ikedi Ohakim on another topic, could that be true?
Re: Imo State Guber Debate: Gov Ikedi Ohakim Booed by Ericology(m): 4:25pm On Mar 12, 2011
ZE:

@ezecharles.

I didnt mean to upset you,  I simply forwarded the source of the information because you taught it was all framed up.

You don't need to go too far in trying to defend a governor who has ruled Imo State for almost 4 years. If he has performed averagely well the facts will speak for itself.

No human being can publicly boo a man like Fashola in lagos state (and some other state governors) because of the outstanding performance.

Someone accused you of being a paid internet agent for  Ikedi Ohakim on another topic, could that be true?

Dont mind the Ohakim Bootlicker,

(1) (Reply)

America’s Destabilization Plots Against Nigeria–greenwhite Coalition MUST READ!! / Photos: Life In Lagos / These Are The Photos Of Boko Haram Militants Killed In Battle Of Konduga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.