Stats: 3,165,584 members, 7,861,777 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:13 PM

Bayelsa With Smallest Population Receives 4th Highest Allocation In The Country - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa With Smallest Population Receives 4th Highest Allocation In The Country (2548 Views)

Bayelsa With 8 LGAs, We Are Not Seeing Results / Femi Adesina: South-West Has The Highest Allocation In Buhari's Appointments / Buhari: Bayelsa With 8, Kano 44 LGAs Have Equal Senators Shows Fairness (2) (3) (4)

Bayelsa With Smallest Population Receives 4th Highest Allocation In The Country by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 30, 2020
Bayelsa with the smallest population of 2.2 million people out of the 36 states in the federation receives the fourth highest allocation in the country courtesy of the 13% derivation fund .

However, due to massive corruption it is the 8th most indebted state that regularly owes workers salaries and lacks basic social amenities.

Based on a small population and fourth highest allocation,Bayelsa should be the most developed state in the country rivaling Abuja when it comes to development and cities in South Africa and Namibia.

Re: Bayelsa With Smallest Population Receives 4th Highest Allocation In The Country by RedPhoenix: 11:17am On Oct 30, 2020
That's not true

Many things aren't in graphics that's why you guys look at especially oil revenue allocation states and draw up faulty logic

Bayelsa has been on the receiving end of so many years of damage that leaves heavy toll even till present times, same now it's surrounding states. While the damage is been resolved, it is expected that within the next 5 to 10 years, these states will. Come out of their recession and begin to flourish as they ought.
Re: Bayelsa With Smallest Population Receives 4th Highest Allocation In The Country by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 30, 2020
RedPhoenix:
That's not true

Many things aren't in graphics that's why you guys look at especially oil revenue allocation states and draw up faulty logic

Bayelsa has been on the receiving end
In addition to the massive allocation Bayelsa has been receiving since 1999, it also managed to accummulate a debt of N130 billion and still owes workers salaries.

Re: Bayelsa With Smallest Population Receives 4th Highest Allocation In The Country by RedPhoenix: 11:20am On Oct 30, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

In addition to the massive allocation Bayelsa has been receiving since 1999, it also managed to accummulate a debt of N130 billion and still owe workers salaries.

Like I said. I've been to these states on ground and ran my own independent research. They operate differently from the bulk of other states. You'll know by examining the workers in their record.. They operate an economy of employing massive numbers using this as their financial model for distribution of monies.

Re: Bayelsa With Smallest Population Receives 4th Highest Allocation In The Country by juvewalex(m): 11:21am On Oct 30, 2020
The state Should be merged back to Rivers state. I hate rubbish !!!

Fourth highest allocation with Smalllest population and the state is not competing with Lagos infrastructural wise ,talk more of Dubai .

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bayelsa With Smallest Population Receives 4th Highest Allocation In The Country by Nobody: 11:22am On Oct 30, 2020
Bayelsa without doubt has had some of the most corrupt Governors in the history of the nation from 1999 until present.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bayelsa With Smallest Population Receives 4th Highest Allocation In The Country by Nobody: 11:23am On Oct 30, 2020
juvewalex:
The state Should be merged back to Rivers state. I hate rubbish !!!

Fourth highest allocation with Smalllest population and the state is not competing with Lagos infrastructural wise talk more of Dubai .
It is not even ranked top 30 when it comes to development.

Re: Bayelsa With Smallest Population Receives 4th Highest Allocation In The Country by juvewalex(m): 11:25am On Oct 30, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

It is not even ranked top 30 when it comes development.
And will be pointing fingers at the centre , although I'm no fan of the present administration

Re: Bayelsa With Smallest Population Receives 4th Highest Allocation In The Country by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 30, 2020
juvewalex:
And will be pointing fingers at the centre , although I'm no fan of the present administration
As much as despise Buhari, he should not take the blame for the massive corruption at the local government and state level .

Re: Bayelsa With Smallest Population Receives 4th Highest Allocation In The Country by Marine54(m): 11:27am On Oct 30, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
Bayelsa with smallest population of 2.2 million people receives the fourth highest allocation in the country courtesy of the 13% derivation.

However, due to massive corruption it is the 8th most indebted state that regularly owes workers salaries and lacks basic social amenities.

Based on a small population and fourth highest allocation Bayelsa should be the most developed state in the country rivaling Abuja when it comes development and cities in South Africa and Namibia.

If Bayelsa with the population of 2.2 millions control thier GOD given resources 100%, it is bad ?
Re: Bayelsa With Smallest Population Receives 4th Highest Allocation In The Country by fineboynl(m): 11:27am On Oct 30, 2020
but op, how much is 5 billion Kano and each of the northern state cannot generate on thier own monthly? this allocation is really causeing laziness. in 21st century I don't think any states with 2 million population on planet earth, either with natural resourcess or not cannot generate $10,000,000 dollars monthly.

that's 5$ a month per head. I spit on Nigeria. nigeria is a mistake.

Re: Bayelsa With Smallest Population Receives 4th Highest Allocation In The Country by NewBalance: 11:29am On Oct 30, 2020
Marine54:
If Bayelsa with the population of 2.2 millions control thier GOD given resources 100%, it is bad ?

The one they have now, how does it reflect on its citizens?

Re: Bayelsa With Smallest Population Receives 4th Highest Allocation In The Country by internationalman(m): 11:29am On Oct 30, 2020
So we are even this high up the chart..

Oshiomole and Obaseki should come give account on how they have been spending it

Re: Bayelsa With Smallest Population Receives 4th Highest Allocation In The Country by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 30, 2020
internationalman:
So we are even this high up the chart..

Oshiomole and Obaseki should come give account on how they have been spending it
Acquiring a Cape Verde wife is and using state resources to compete for re-election is not cheap.

Re: Bayelsa With Smallest Population Receives 4th Highest Allocation In The Country by crackhaus: 11:35am On Oct 30, 2020
RedPhoenix:

Like I said. I've been to these states on ground and ran my own independent research. They operate differently from the bulk of other states. You'll know by examining the workers in their record.. They operate an economy of employing massive numbers using this as their financial model for distribution of monies.
Please communicate, I'm honestly trying to figure out where you're heading with this.

Re: Bayelsa With Smallest Population Receives 4th Highest Allocation In The Country by RedPhoenix: 11:35am On Oct 30, 2020
crackhaus:

Please communicate, I'm honestly trying to figure out where you're heading with this.

Get lost nit wit, if you need some education, try evening adult lessons angry
Re: Bayelsa With Smallest Population Receives 4th Highest Allocation In The Country by Nobody: 11:40am On Oct 30, 2020
RedPhoenix:

Get lost nit wit, if you need some education, try evening adult lessons angry
Explain further why Bayelsa has been unable to provide portable water,sewage treatment,good road network,hospitals,public schools,transportation system and social security for the unemployed. And why it owed workers salaries.

Re: Bayelsa With Smallest Population Receives 4th Highest Allocation In The Country by Nobody: 11:41am On Oct 30, 2020
helinues,NGpatriot...come and see a state more corrupt than Lagos.
Re: Bayelsa With Smallest Population Receives 4th Highest Allocation In The Country by RedPhoenix: 11:42am On Oct 30, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Explain further why Bayelsa has been unable to provide portable water,sewage treatment,good road network,hospitals,public schools,transportation system and social security for the unemployed. And why it owed workers salaries.

If after all I typed up and explain with great clarity you don't get it, then I can't help you understand so sorry

Go beyond graphics, I entered bus left my comfort zone to these states to investigate things first hand. Try doing same

Re: Bayelsa With Smallest Population Receives 4th Highest Allocation In The Country by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 30, 2020
RedPhoenix:

If after all I typed up and explain with great clarity you don't get it, then I can't help you understand so sorry

Go beyond graphics, I entered bus left my comfort zone to these states to investigate things first hand. Try doing same
No one understands what you're trying to say to defend the massive corruption in the state since 1999.
Re: Bayelsa With Smallest Population Receives 4th Highest Allocation In The Country by RedPhoenix: 11:44am On Oct 30, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

No one understands what you saying...

Lol. Abeg, people's misunderstanding issues isn't mine to fix bro. Stay safe wink

Re: Bayelsa With Smallest Population Receives 4th Highest Allocation In The Country by Nobody: 11:45am On Oct 30, 2020
RedPhoenix:

Lol. Abeg, people's misunderstanding issues isn't mine to fix bro. Stay safe wink
Why are you running away
Re: Bayelsa With Smallest Population Receives 4th Highest Allocation In The Country by crackhaus: 11:48am On Oct 30, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

No one understands what you saying...
Lol...

Re: Bayelsa With Smallest Population Receives 4th Highest Allocation In The Country by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 30, 2020
Marine54:
What have they done with the 13% derivation they have been receiving that the are owing salaries shocked.
Re: Bayelsa With Smallest Population Receives 4th Highest Allocation In The Country by Nobody: 12:12pm On Oct 30, 2020
crackhaus:

And he claims to be educated.
Re: Bayelsa With Smallest Population Receives 4th Highest Allocation In The Country by fammava: 12:31pm On Oct 30, 2020
The truth is we are supposed to be one of the most developed states in the country. But na corruption wan finish us.....

Re: Bayelsa With Smallest Population Receives 4th Highest Allocation In The Country by Lagoon0: 12:36pm On Oct 30, 2020
RedPhoenix:

Walai i thought I'm the only one that can't figure out what you're saying actually no one

Re: Bayelsa With Smallest Population Receives 4th Highest Allocation In The Country by RedPhoenix: 12:36pm On Oct 30, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

What have they done with the 13% derivation they have been receiving that the are owing salaries shocked.

Smh. That's the issue with you guys, you think it's about graphs and chart. Smh. You'll never move to the front line with such mindset. Never.

Re: Bayelsa With Smallest Population Receives 4th Highest Allocation In The Country by Lagoon0: 12:41pm On Oct 30, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Lagos is corrupt but the south south is nothing to write home about.
I believe good luck Jonathan too is a thief when he was a governor . the south south will remain poor in an independent country also.
If they gave Ogun state or Lagos their natural resources we'll be planning on colonizing Nigeria by now.

Re: Bayelsa With Smallest Population Receives 4th Highest Allocation In The Country by Lagoon0: 12:42pm On Oct 30, 2020
RedPhoenix:

Smh. That's the issue with you guys, you think it's about graphs and chart. Smh. You'll never move to the front line with such mindset. Never.
Oga say something! Youve not said anything yet
Re: Bayelsa With Smallest Population Receives 4th Highest Allocation In The Country by BrownLondon(m): 1:02pm On Oct 30, 2020
where is that dunderhead blackking98 again?
Re: Bayelsa With Smallest Population Receives 4th Highest Allocation In The Country by oluwatoyosi8755: 1:30pm On Oct 30, 2020
:If Bayelsa with the population of 2.2 millions control thier GOD given resources 100%, it is bad ?The one they have now, how does it reflect on its citizens?

We Must Quench Biafra / Nigerians React To Governor, Wike's Face-off With Buhari Government Over VAT / BREAKING !!! Sunday Igboho Is Really Sick